Author Topic: MILOS almost killed a 20yr old German Amateur BB with his protocols !  (Read 41689 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: MILOS almost killed a 20yr old German Amateur BB with his protocols !
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2021, 02:14:07 PM »
Hey, he just made the 3rd callout at a 3rd tier Pro show in Italy, not too shabby, good job Milos... :)

Er... :-\
T

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2021, 02:38:47 PM »
PROJECT MR. OLYMPIA

This will be interesting to watch to see if Milos makes an impact on Regan's physique. I like Milos because he's open, enthusiastic and postive plus his idea of elevating insulin around workouts makes sense. But for various reasons I don't think Milos' methods will make a big impact on Regan. Milos guys don't tend to come in really crisp either. I don't think it's because of insulin per se, it's a combination on factors. His training, while his giant sets can be a good methodology at times, is not optimal imo. He believes you can burn in cuts and striations into a physique - it's not true. He thinks, for example, that holding the contraction on leg extension will burn in cuts. Ridiculous and it hasn't worked in even one case on his clients. Bodybuilding is basically increasing muscle size and that's it. A progressive overloading in various rep ranges is where it's at for the most part imo.

BTW, is this Milos current girlfriend? I would not in any way critisize his choice but only note that it would be a departure from the type of chicks he used to go for. Did he learn that those fitness/glamour whores were not proper gf material?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2021, 02:42:03 PM »
This will be interesting to watch to see if Milos makes an impact on Regan's physique. I like Milos because he's open, enthusiastic and postive plus his idea of elevating insulin around workouts makes sense. But for various reasons I don't think Milos' methods will make a big impact on Regan. Milos guys don't tend to come in really crisp either. I don't think it's because of insulin per se, it's a combination on factors. His training, while his giant sets can be a good methodology at times, is not optimal imo. He believes you can burn in cuts and striations into a physique - it's not true. He thinks, for example, that holding the contraction on leg extension will burn in cuts. Ridiculous and it hasn't worked in even one case on his clients. Bodybuilding is basically increasing muscle size and that's it. A progressive overloading in various rep ranges is where it's at for the most part imo.

Had Milos coached anyone that ended up doing well in shows? I can’t recall, even Hide started doing better without him.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2021, 02:47:22 PM »

Had Milos coached anyone that ended up doing well in shows? I can’t recall, even Hide started doing better without him.

was that when he started using the same dosages as Iris?

imagine her without the wig

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2021, 02:49:55 PM »

I think Dennis Wolf in 06 or was it 07 was one of his success stories.

Now he has some physique guy who he's proud of.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2021, 10:03:05 AM »
I would listen to this german

youtube.com/watch?v=oQobDRCpUGI

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2021, 10:14:51 AM »

Recently revamped Maxx Charles's physique and Samson in the UK.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »

BTW, is this Milos current girlfriend? I would not in any way critisize his choice but only note that it would be a departure from the type of chicks he used to go for. Did he learn that those fitness/glamour whores were not proper gf material?

i really don't think its a coach issue.

Regan has jumped coaches every season.

aceto
camel crew
dorian in Canada
Milos

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2021, 10:21:06 AM »
Why do these morons need coaches anyways. It's not rocket science. Dorian won 6 Mr. O without any "coach".

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2021, 10:25:17 AM »
i really don't think its a coach issue.

Regan has jumped coaches every season.

aceto
camel crew
dorian in Canada
Milos

I don't think you can necessarily say there is an "issue" at all. Regan's gained muscle recently. He's in the Olympia. What more do we want from these guys? Somebody has to place at the bottom of the pack. Like if someone doesn't immediately win the O there's a coaching issue? That said, one approach may be better than another.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2021, 10:33:23 AM »
I don't think you can necessarily say there is an "issue" at all. Regan's gained muscle recently. He's in the Olympia. What more do we want from these guys? Somebody has to place at the bottom of the pack. Like if someone doesn't immediately win the O there's a coaching issue? That said, one approach may be better than another.

I think he has the genetic potential to be top 10. It's just the coach jumping for me that make me think he has issues.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2021, 12:57:26 PM »
Why do these morons need coaches anyways. It's not rocket science. Dorian won 6 Mr. O without any "coach".
Dorian was much smarter though that isn't saying much. Dorian said in an interview that he was surprised other pros didn't keep track of their diet from show to show. He wrote everything down meticulously so he wouldn't have any surprises to how his body responded to diet, training or drugs. Those other guys are too lazy to do that so they hire a coach.

I could never figure out why anyone hired a personal trainer. When I started lifting weights at 12 years old it took me all of 30 minutes to learn like 20 exercises. Who pays to have someone teach them that?

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2021, 02:56:43 PM »
Regan Grimes just signed up with him

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2021, 03:41:52 PM »

I could never figure out why anyone hired a personal trainer. When I started lifting weights at 12 years old it took me all of 30 minutes to learn like 20 exercises. Who pays to have someone teach them that?

Though there is much more nuance to proper mechanics in exercises and proper exercise selection. There are a lot of things trainees don't understand even if they have trained for decades. People, including pros, may waste time with useless exercises. If someone believes in progressive overload but doesn't track tempo, range of motion and so he may see his numbers increase but there might actually zero strength increase.

In athletics they don't tell a sprinter to just go pump in the gym for his weight training. Everything is strictly tracked. They have different trainers for each modality. One dude in my gym is hired as a weight training trainer for Russian pro hockey players. They don't just let them loose in the weight room. So why not bodybuilders?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2021, 04:26:17 PM »
Dorian was much smarter though that isn't saying much. Dorian said in an interview that he was surprised other pros didn't keep track of their diet from show to show. He wrote everything down meticulously so he wouldn't have any surprises to how his body responded to diet, training or drugs. Those other guys are too lazy to do that so they hire a coach.

Makes a lot of sense

Aside from Shawn who also was smart about his diet, drugs, training

Ronnie, flex, Kevin were all idiots who relied on their genetics and whatever coach told them to put whatever into their bodies

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2021, 10:57:48 PM »

I use to be of a similar mindset until I started paying attention to how most people work out. Well, not necessarily their workouts and how it is structured but how they do simple movements. How they can so screw up simple pushing or pulling movements. I can only imagine what a mess their actual training routine is. So many would do well having a personal trainer.

Also, a coach helps you keep motivated. This is very, very important. I know many here think they can just motivate themselves but that's not true. Your body always finds a way to fool you into thinking you are giving it your all. Every sport on a high level has a coach and it makes a difference between being a winner and a loser. And as far as bbing goes, these coaches have been around for decades and are very well versed, far more than doctors, on nutrition and drug use. It was just trial and error in the old days, but now you have to start young and advance fast. They are not going to learn all there is and deciphering what's what on message boards and what other gym rats tell them. If you are competing at a high level you have to stack as many chips in your favor.

It cost a lot to have an IFBB pro-level trainer and a Jay Cutler or Ramy aren't going to do it unless they thought it mattered. It's hard to know for certain if it would have made any difference as you would think after winning the O once you'd have your body and what it needs down pat but they don't think so. And they are Mr. Olympians.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2021, 02:50:23 AM »
I use to be of a similar mindset until I started paying attention to how most people work out. Well, not necessarily their workouts and how it is structured but how they do simple movements. How they can so screw up simple pushing or pulling movements. I can only imagine what a mess their actual training routine is. So many would do well having a personal trainer.

Also, a coach helps you keep motivated. This is very, very important. I know many here think they can just motivate themselves but that's not true. Your body always finds a way to fool you into thinking you are giving it your all. Every sport on a high level has a coach and it makes a difference between being a winner and a loser. And as far as bbing goes, these coaches have been around for decades and are very well versed, far more than doctors, on nutrition and drug use. It was just trial and error in the old days, but now you have to start young and advance fast. They are not going to learn all there is and deciphering what's what on message boards and what other gym rats tell them. If you are competing at a high level you have to stack as many chips in your favor.

It cost a lot to have an IFBB pro-level trainer and a Jay Cutler or Ramy aren't going to do it unless they thought it mattered. It's hard to know for certain if it would have made any difference as you would think after winning the O once you'd have your body and what it needs down pat but they don't think so. And they are Mr. Olympians.
There are hundreds of free videos on Youtube showing how to do every exercise imaginable. Why pay for free information? Those pro coaches are drug dealers. Most Olympia winners did not have a coach.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2021, 03:15:04 AM »

I do not believe Jay had a trainer type coach like a Charles glass during his career, a drug and nutrition coach, yes, but not somebody counting reps and telling him what exercises to do

I could be wrong but I recall he didn’t, same goes for Ronnie, Kevin, Shawn, etc

Nowadays most of the guys have coaches that tell them what exercises to do, how many reps, rest days, the whole nine yards

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2021, 03:23:53 AM »
I do not believe Jay had a trainer type coach like a Charles glass during his career, a drug and nutrition coach, yes, but not somebody counting reps and telling him what exercises to do

I could be wrong but I recall he didn’t, same goes for Ronnie, Kevin, Shawn, etc

Nowadays most of the guys have coaches that tell them what exercises to do, how many reps, rest days, the whole nine yards
He didn't. I worked out at his gym in Las Vegas when he was Mr. O.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2021, 03:40:57 AM »

Also, a coach helps you keep motivated. This is very, very important. I know many here think they can just motivate themselves but that's not true. Your body always finds a way to fool you into thinking you are giving it your all.

I think this is the most important factor. If the athlete (beauty contestant) believes and respects the trainer/guru it can really help, even if the trainer screws up some things. And there's always going to debate on everything, from how to perform exercises to what drugs to take in what quantities.

It's easy to take shortcuts, for example, cut out better exercises for "easier" ones. I've done it, everyone has. Conversely, a few may need to be told when to pull back occasionally when fatigue is mounting too much. Schedule in periods of lesser intensity. Schedule in true HRT periods or even complete off periods.

Everything starts in the mind. If the coach  believes in you and you respect him then it will help psychologically.

Then there are the personalities who are uncoachable. I'm one of them. I love getting input but I like to make the final calls.  :D

Due to instagram many pros are getting advice from exercise physiologist/biomechanics nerds nowadays.
Like from this fella:

https://instagram.com/coach_kassem?utm_medium=copy_link

Even absolute freaks like Jordan Peters has sought coaching from him. The number of bodybuilders doing "his" exercises on IG is ridiculous. Everyone is doing his lat pulldowns - for example he says the back should be straight instead of arched for lat activation, little things like that.

Everyone speaks highly of Charles Glass but I find manyy of his exercise selections a bit ridiculous. For example this one:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUaSqXLl53t/?utm_medium=copy_link

Is there any good reason to do that exercise when there are many more stable exercises where you can actually load the glutes with meaningful loads?

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2021, 05:41:17 AM »
I think this is the most important factor. If the athlete (beauty contestant) believes and respects the trainer/guru it can really help, even if the trainer screws up some things. And there's always going to debate on everything, from how to perform exercises to what drugs to take in what quantities.

It's easy to take shortcuts, for example, cut out better exercises for "easier" ones. I've done it, everyone has. Conversely, a few may need to be told when to pull back occasionally when fatigue is mounting too much. Schedule in periods of lesser intensity. Schedule in true HRT periods or even complete off periods.

Everything starts in the mind. If the coach  believes in you and you respect him then it will help psychologically.

Then there are the personalities who are uncoachable. I'm one of them. I love getting input but I like to make the final calls.  :D

Due to instagram many pros are getting advice from exercise physiologist/biomechanics nerds nowadays.
Like from this fella:

Even absolute freaks like Jordan Peters has sought coaching from him. The number of bodybuilders doing "his" exercises on IG is ridiculous. Everyone is doing his lat pulldowns - for example he says the back should be straight instead of arched for lat activation, little things like that.

Everyone speaks highly of Charles Glass but I find manyy of his exercise selections a bit ridiculous. For example this one:

Is there any good reason to do that exercise when there are many more stable exercises where you can actually load the glutes with meaningful loads?

Like some little tweak is going to change your body lmao.

Lifting is just about stimulating the bodyparts. The rest is all genetics and drugs. It's why brothers in the pen doing push ups can have better lats than gymcels on the outside using the perfect scientific angles and advanced periodisation blocks from pseudo scientists online.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #221 on: October 19, 2021, 06:29:28 AM »
Like some little tweak is going to change your body lmao.

Lifting is just about stimulating the bodyparts. The rest is all genetics and drugs. It's why brothers in the pen doing push ups can have better lats than gymcels on the outside using the perfect scientific angles and advanced periodisation blocks from pseudo scientists online.

You have a point but just noting the trend. Any long time gym aficionado will have a million little tweaks they employ even without the advice of nerds. I would argue that execution does matter, though how much can be debated.

Something I've noticed is that blacks do some weird ass combinations in their workouts. Most of them don't make much sense to me. Maybe the ganja has them thinking "creatively" lol. Blacks also love cables, don't know why  :D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2021, 09:22:04 AM »

Like from this fella:

Glass has to come up with new exercises so people will pay him. Gotta pay for that van in the parking lot.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2021, 09:39:26 AM »
Glass has to come up with new exercises so people will pay him. Gotta pay for that van in the parking lot.

How much does he charge per session? I remember 20 years ago ut was 100 bucks a pop. He might have it good economically?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2021, 03:16:23 AM »
There are hundreds of free videos on Youtube showing how to do every exercise imaginable. Why pay for free information? Those pro coaches are drug dealers. Most Olympia winners did not have a coach.

The sport evolves. Every top IFBB pro uses or has used a coach. You don't need a coach to get drugs.