Author Topic: R.I.P. Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries  (Read 365091 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: R.I.P. Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries
« Reply #1050 on: February 03, 2011, 12:24:46 AM »
Ron if I was mod of the G&O, I would clean up this thread and remove both shitbag Vinces and their posts from it. Damn guys, wtf is wrong with you?

Keith enjoyed a lot of the banter over the years with these guys, and naturally, he expected flak back. However, yes, with Keith's passing, memorial, and family and friends reaching out to a man who made the boards interesting, it isnt the time to rehash. Just stay off this thread then.

A man, who had friends and family has left our world.  Let people mourn.  The rest just respect, and let it be. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: R.I.P. Keith Jones / OnlyMe - The very best contributions
« Reply #1051 on: February 03, 2011, 02:46:17 AM »
Keith went to Hawthorne High School and contributed to the alumni messages even organizing a reunion last year in Vegas. Here is a tribute from the class president of class of 1976.

Message: Sad to hear that another of my classmates has passed away. That's about five or six for the class of 76 in the past year! I thought a good story about Keith might raise some folks from their depressed mood.....It was our freshman year, the fall of 1972, Keith and I were on the freshman football team, one day at lunch in the first weeks of school we were told (probably by some devious sophomores) that as freshman it was our responsibility to try to run through senior square. I sized up the seniors guarding senior square (the class of 73 had some big boys), and decided it was not in the best interest of my health to give it a go. Not Keith though, he sauntered over, sized up the seniors and took off in a full sprint. Unfortunately his effort was to no avail as the seniors nabbed him and Keith experienced the obligatory head first dump into a trash can. Keith had not hesitated though and we respected him for the effort and followed in his footsteps in the weeks to come with many similar results. Keith was a character but those folks make life interesting and the class of '76 was better off for his presence! Let's celebrate his life more so than mourn his passing. Clark Millman president, class of 1976

http://cougartown.com/feedback1261.html

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: R.I.P. Keith Jones / OnlyMe - The very best contributions
« Reply #1052 on: February 03, 2011, 02:49:28 AM »
Keith was a popular guy in high school. This is what Doris Donaldson wrote:

"My word! Look at the number of posts stating what a total LOSS we've suffered with Keith's unexpected and untimely death! I hope we were all this supportive when he was alive because he WAS a special human being, bigger than life itself. He always seemed eager to "give" of himself to his fellow man in any way he could. He was obviously full of love, a love as big as his big ol' body, literally overflowing. And what wonderful experiences ... hard to believe in his short life that a person could have all those wonderful times. But also all of the suffering he endured, both mentally and physically. It wouldn't surprise me a bit that the "natural causes" of his death had something to do with that brown recluse spider bite he experienced in 1998. He went through hell with that!! Read his bio ... it is well worth the read Ctowners! WHAT AN EXCEPTIONAL PERSON! We emailed for a while about 10 or 11 years ago. When I began with the first email, I figured he would just think, "What does that old broad want!?", but not so. We communicated ... genuinely communicated. He told me all about his spider bite and the resulting very bad health he had experienced from time-to-time -- even sent me pictures of the bite, and the discoloring and swelling of his leg. He shared his love for his daughters; and on and on. HE SHARED! He was the REAL THING! HONEST to a fault! GENUINE! I will miss him tremendously! And although I sound like CT's MOTHER, let it be a hard-learned lesson ... to ALWAYS let those you love, KNOW YOU LOVE THEM! Before it's too late. Okay, off the soapbox for now. Love you Keith!!!"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1053 on: February 03, 2011, 12:43:04 PM »
I enjoyed reading his storys a lot. I skip over blatantly mean posts on getbig because it's just not my thing. I don't get off on reading truly nasty things, whether they are "just part of getbig" or not so I really just recall his stories and his health issues. I cringe a little bit thinking his children are going to be reading some of his posts and maybe see some things that would be disturbing. But then again it is a rare opportunity they have to be able to see or read a lot of really good things their dad said and did while a member here. I wish them all the best and I will miss his presence on this board....

but then again, he will probably always be here in one way or another..   

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #1054 on: February 03, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »
  I usually just come here for a good laugh and rarley contribute but I feel a need to point out the obvious.  Basile and Goodrum are both clowns, however I couldn't help but laugh my ass off the last few pages.  In my eyes these two numb nuts have accidentaly created a nice "memorial" to Keith.  Neither one of them have done anything shamefull in this thread (although they are both shameless).  I'm sure the big man would be laughing his ass off at these two jousting in his thread.   With each post they make themselves look dumber and dumber and I laugh harder and harder, and thats what GB is all about.  Basile has done his best to fill Keith's shoes  in the whole Goodrum battle.   Let it  continue in Keith's memory!   

This^ so true

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #1055 on: February 03, 2011, 06:04:06 PM »
Rip

fire2b12

• Getbig II
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
« Reply #1056 on: February 04, 2011, 06:13:21 PM »
This^ so true

hey i know my dad is happy and smiling down knowing tht you guys cared about him, and that he touched your lives in 1 way or another.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #1057 on: February 04, 2011, 06:15:57 PM »
hey i know my dad is happy and smiling down knowing tht you guys cared about him, and that he touched your lives in 1 way or another.

you are right.  I actually was more distraught about his death than some members of my own family.  I guess it's because I communicated with him more on here than I do IRL with some of my relatives.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #1058 on: February 04, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »

Are you his daughter?

I'm sorry for your loss. I couldnt imagine losing my dad. Hang in there.

fire2b12

• Getbig II
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
« Reply #1059 on: February 05, 2011, 12:17:35 AM »
Are you his daughter?

I'm sorry for your loss. I couldnt imagine losing my dad. Hang in there.

i am his oldest daughter. its been hard, but his is on a better place. he is home and with our maker. thats what i try and think, but its really hard. he was my bestfriend. thank you for your thoughts.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #1060 on: February 05, 2011, 02:57:24 AM »
i am his oldest daughter. its been hard, but his is on a better place. he is home and with our maker. thats what i try and think, but its really hard. he was my bestfriend. thank you for your thoughts.
Its hard enough losing a Dad but add in being a best friend very tough. I miss his stories from the past as I'm sure you do more than I. All we can do is go forward only time will help.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1061 on: February 05, 2011, 05:50:41 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this.

Keith forever had a cheerleader in me when he went to town on Shawn Ray.  That was so funny and had so much truth to it.

One time I read some of the stories he posted on the site and they were really good stories.  It's too bad he came upon misfortunes these last few years.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1062 on: February 05, 2011, 11:03:45 PM »
Sad news indeed. Rest in peace.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #1063 on: February 07, 2011, 05:45:19 AM »
Rest in Peace big man.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #1064 on: February 07, 2011, 07:31:18 AM »
  I didn't know "Onlyme". We posted here simultaneously for many years, but we never had any exchanges except for when we argued in the gorilla vs bear thread and it got very nasty. Of course, this is not serious enough for me to wish any harm on him, and I am saddened that he is gone. He seemed like a very interesting guy, full of stories about celebrities and his life adventures were very interesting. I wish he were alive so we could read some more of it.

Onlyme R.I.P

SUCKMYMUSCLE

fire2b12

• Getbig II
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
« Reply #1065 on: February 09, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
hey guys here is a picture of my dad it was taken in 98

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #1066 on: February 12, 2011, 07:33:51 AM »
sad

RIP big man 

derek_the_natural

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #1067 on: February 13, 2011, 12:47:15 AM »
sad

RIP big man 

Sad, maybe....However, Keith has finally found peace.

How you been doin big Mike?  I don't think you have found a sense of peace in your life...yet. 

Just work at being happy brah.  Happiness will come to you. 

Mike,  as you know, your relentless pursuit of vanity has brought only misery to your life so far.
The best is yet to come for you.  Hang in there Mike.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1068 on: February 13, 2011, 02:34:09 AM »
hey guys here is a picture of my dad it was taken in 98

Thanks for the photos, Jaime. Posting on Getbig isn't much fun anymore.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1069 on: February 13, 2011, 11:38:55 AM »
RIP Onlyme.. I havent posted in a long time but I remember him from the board.

fire2b12

• Getbig II
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
« Reply #1070 on: February 13, 2011, 11:48:16 AM »
Thanks for the photos, Jaime. Posting on Getbig isn't much fun anymore.

hey vince :) smile i am in the process of getting a award in my dads name to the special olypmics :) i am so happy about this foundation. thanks for all your help

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1071 on: February 13, 2011, 12:56:32 PM »
hey vince :) smile i am in the process of getting a award in my dads name to the special olypmics :) i am so happy about this foundation. thanks for all your help

What part of Oahu do you live? I'm in Kahaluu (I can see China Man's Hat from my yard). I moved to Southern Ca in the 1980s and remember Keith back then when he use to bounce at Tequlia Willies. I lived in Gardena, Torrance and Redondo Beach at various times. I moved back to Hawaii in 2006 right about when Keith left for Vegas. He emailed me about moving back to the islands and getting together. I so wanted to arm wrestle him.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #1072 on: February 13, 2011, 03:03:44 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1073 on: February 13, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »
Am wondering why Keith's posts end on 12-14 here.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=12170;sa=showPosts

Some of his last posts were deleted and he was put in TO.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #1074 on: February 13, 2011, 03:52:30 PM »
Some of his last posts were deleted and he was put in TO.

I knew he'd been TO'd, but why the post deletions?  It looks like every single post he made for the last three weeks with us on GB is gone.