Author Topic: White Doberman  (Read 2929 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
White Doberman
« on: September 14, 2007, 08:06:16 PM »

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
Re: White Doberman
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 09:24:25 AM »
Doberman is a great breed

a white doberman
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=WhiteDoberman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2zgBf5TRS4

Black, red, blue, and fawn (Isabella) are the only colors recognized by the AKC for dobermans. 

Be very careful with white dobermans and with bloodlines throwing white pups.   I've seen breeders of white dobermans (and white boxers ad white german shepards) screw unwhitting people by convincing them that this white color was something special and it cost more because it was so rare.  What the dog owners ended up getting was a dog that when they tried to get registration papers, they found out it couldn't be registered.   So they ended up with a dog that they paid way more than it was worth for, with color mutation health problems, and no way of recouping the "investment" they initially thought it was.  While a white doberman can make a great pet (IF its healthy), its essentially worthless in the honest dog breeding world. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 03:10:57 PM »
thanks for adding that.

they look cool in white. Ive only seen it in pictures now in video.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 06:16:22 PM »
thanks for adding that.

they look cool in white. Ive only seen it in pictures now in video.

yeah, and please don't get me wrong, they can make GREAT pets.  One of the best GSD's I've ever seen was a big white male.  He was just a great dog.  White dobermans are pretty rare, I've only seen one, when I lived in Ohio.  That dog was a good dog, he just had quite a few "white dog" problems.   

Just don't get screwed by an unscrupulous breeder who convinces you that the white color is something special.

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 07:28:45 AM »
Black, red, blue, and fawn (Isabella) are the only colors recognized by the AKC for dobermans. 

Be very careful with white dobermans and with bloodlines throwing white pups.   I've seen breeders of white dobermans (and white boxers ad white german shepards) screw unwhitting people by convincing them that this white color was something special and it cost more because it was so rare.  What the dog owners ended up getting was a dog that when they tried to get registration papers, they found out it couldn't be registered.   So they ended up with a dog that they paid way more than it was worth for, with color mutation health problems, and no way of recouping the "investment" they initially thought it was.  While a white doberman can make a great pet (IF its healthy), its essentially worthless in the honest dog breeding world. 

i had a white GSD and had no problems getting papers.  i think it makes a difference if the dog is albino?  she came from a white sire/dam out of South Carolina.
i

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 06:40:03 PM »
you can use a spraycan
Z

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »
i had a white GSD and had no problems getting papers.  i think it makes a difference if the dog is albino?  she came from a white sire/dam out of South Carolina.

Are you sure it was AKC registered?   This is from the AKC website (http://www.akc.org/breeds/german_shepherd_dog/)

Color
The German Shepherd Dog varies in color, and most colors are permissible. Strong rich colors are preferred. Pale, washed-out colors and blues or livers are serious faults. A white dog must be disqualified.

Other organizations will recognize the white color, but the AKC doesn't. 

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 03:43:34 PM »

goddam smart dog. could probably learn it some tennis.

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 08:53:39 AM »
Are you sure it was AKC registered?   This is from the AKC website (http://www.akc.org/breeds/german_shepherd_dog/)

Other organizations will recognize the white color, but the AKC doesn't. 

Now that you mention it, i think she was registered through another org.  i'll have to ask the girl i gave her to as she has the papers...i have a terrible memory, aaarrgh!!!!
i