Author Topic: Global Warming = Bullshit?  (Read 3852 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Global Warming = Bullshit?
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 08:53:19 PM »
you can argue that causes.

you can't argue if it's real.

even if its cyclical, even if man has nothing to do with it, well, it is gonna fck up some food supplies and housing.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 09:41:34 PM »

this is happening for real, look how crazy the weather is for the past 10 years, and this last year was a record.......
are you delusional?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 12:25:34 AM »
What I think is funny is that if 4 out of 5 Dr's tell you that drinking some juice will guarantee you to live 15 years longer... We would all do it, but if 99 out of 100 scientists... All PhD's and experts in their field from around the world say that Global Warming is real, we still have a debate?

I just find this hilarious...

It's like 99 out of 100 scientists saying that smoking is  bad for you, but because 1 says it's not... we're gonna remove the labels from the packs... It makes me laugh so much I may pee in my pants.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 02:04:42 AM »
We only have one earth.

If we do "too much" in order to save it, big fcuking deal. We can live with that.

If we do too little... The future generations are fcuked.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 06:43:05 AM »
Just as Global Warming is a euphemism for climate change, my comment of melting was strictly metaphorical

The agenda refers to the activists -- Agree Deedee, not the best article to prove anything either way, my point in posting and with a ? in title was to spark a discussion.

You did.  :)

The last three posts illustrate what many people feel. It seems shocking that people still question whether or not climate change "exists."  And since we're already "in it," whether or not man is responsible seems almost irrelevant at this point. The only real entities that profit by still denying its reality are oil and various big business interests. But leaving aside the negative impact of climate change on our planet for a sec, there is also a great opportunity for the cultivation of new industry, speculation, etc.  Seems like this guy has the right idea...

http://smarteconomy.typepad.com/smart_economy/2006/06/global_warming_.html

Global warming activists may be abrasive and loud, but as always, extreme rhetoric eventually translates into moderate change the majority of people can live with. Burning bras on the village green in the last century was probably not necessary, but it raised awareness of women's issues and paved the way for subsequent change. That's just one example.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 06:53:34 AM »
There are many scientists that don't agree with global warming.

The argument that massive change is required is still a little unfounded.

I posted the climate change report that the IPCC wrote.
http://www.ipcc.ch/SPM2feb07.pdf
With no changes to how people live and if the population doubled.
The rise in sea levels will be between 10" and 23".

If we spent the billions to try to stop CO2 levels. Then the sea levels will rise between 7" to 15".

This still does address the fact that China, India and many other developing nations believe rightly that they should have the right to build their economies the same way the western world has.
Z

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 07:19:11 AM »
She's attacked me before for having the gall to questing Left-Wing pieties such as Global Warming and Polar Bear numbers.  So long as we are debating this, and papers such as the one you have posted are written, the issue cannot be declared taboo.

LOL!  Your capacity for drama and histrionics is rivalled only by the overly smooth, pompous "wit" you employ in an attempt to belittle and intimidate other people.

You should get over yourself Bruce. You posted a misleading right wing op-ed propaganda piece with flawed data.  I very politely pointed out that the data was flawed and kindly agreed, at your request, to take the time to post clear evidence of what I was talking about. If you call that an attack, perhaps you should take a look at the last three days' worth of your own posts. You've engaged in little more than spamming the board with name-calling and abuse, alternating with whinging and crying when someone else gives you some of your own treatment.

You rarely post anything of merit or interest... your contributions are primarily limited to liberal bashing, in fact that bilious obssession seems to be your primary reason for being here ... this thread of course is no different. Signature Bruce.  Everyone else has an opinion, or thought-provoking comment, but you. As a side note: perhaps you are a shut-in on your island continent and have no idea what's going on in the world, but I can inform you that it isn't only communists and radicals who are concerned with climate change in North America.  There are many republicans who care deeply about the environment. One of them even posted in your propaganda piece.

Finally, the last thing I have to say to you is that your unrelenting liberal-bashing spams, coupled with your childish attention-whoring will probably repel more and more people from this board who consider themselves moderates and prefer to read content that is inspires thought, not bile. You're like a toddler in a jolly jumper banging a spoon and yelling "I want juice" at the top of your lungs.  Who, possessed of any intelligence would actively seek that out?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 11:02:20 AM »
We only have one earth.

If we do "too much" in order to save it, big fcuking deal. We can live with that.

If we do too little... The future generations are fcuked.

-Hedge

Agreed... how can anyone argue that being good to the environment is bad?

It doesn't make sense.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 11:17:14 AM »
Agreed... how can anyone argue that being good to the environment is bad?

when making recommended changes will cost a company millions because it "might" change something for their great-grandchildren, CEOs don't do it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 11:22:39 AM »
when making recommended changes will cost a company millions because it "might" change something for their great-grandchildren, CEOs don't do it.

No question, the corporations want to make their money... if that's ok with these people... then there really is something wrong with them.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 11:22:59 AM »
LOL!  Your capacity for drama and histrionics is rivalled only by the overly smooth, pompous "wit" you employ in an attempt to belittle and intimidate other people.

You should get over yourself Bruce. You posted a misleading right wing op-ed propaganda piece with flawed data.  I very politely pointed out that the data was flawed and kindly agreed, at your request, to take the time to post clear evidence of what I was talking about. If you call that an attack, perhaps you should take a look at the last three days' worth of your own posts. You've engaged in little more than spamming the board with name-calling and abuse, alternating with whinging and crying when someone else gives you some of your own treatment.

You rarely post anything of merit or interest... your contributions are primarily limited to liberal bashing, in fact that bilious obssession seems to be your primary reason for being here ... this thread of course is no different. Signature Bruce.  Everyone else has an opinion, or thought-provoking comment, but you. As a side note: perhaps you are a shut-in on your island continent and have no idea what's going on in the world, but I can inform you that it isn't only communists and radicals who are concerned with climate change in North America.  There are many republicans who care deeply about the environment. One of them even posted in your propaganda piece.

Finally, the last thing I have to say to you is that your unrelenting liberal-bashing spams, coupled with your childish attention-whoring will probably repel more and more people from this board who consider themselves moderates and prefer to read content that is inspires thought, not bile. You're like a toddler in a jolly jumper banging a spoon and yelling "I want juice" at the top of your lungs.  Who, possessed of any intelligence would actively seek that out?

:o

Deedee lays down the smack.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 11:25:56 AM »
No question, the corporations want to make their money... if that's ok with these people... then there really is something wrong with them.

for them, it's "earn $40 million for my bank account and ignore these recommendations, or be voted out by the board and replaced by someone else who will".

The board loses their job is they don't make money for the stockholder.

It comes down to paying the bills, and when that's the case, short-term horizon issues always win out.

Most everyone here would do the same thing.  If you could earn a million dollars, or maybe make the world a little cooler in 80 years, wouldn't you take the mil?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 11:44:38 AM »
for them, it's "earn $40 million for my bank account and ignore these recommendations, or be voted out by the board and replaced by someone else who will".

The board loses their job is they don't make money for the stockholder.

It comes down to paying the bills, and when that's the case, short-term horizon issues always win out.

Most everyone here would do the same thing.  If you could earn a million dollars, or maybe make the world a little cooler in 80 years, wouldn't you take the mil?

Honestly... No.

I had this exact conversation with a friend of mine... I guess I really do not have a price when it comes to the future of the earth and my childrens children.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 11:52:53 AM »
that's good, very good.  There are some people who wouldn't.

Most of the people who rise to decision making positions at firms are built of a certain ilk.  They're typically educated, ambitious, selfish, and by the time they reach CEO status, their #1 goal is shareholder value maximization. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 01:33:12 PM »
LOL!  Your capacity for drama and histrionics is rivalled only by the overly smooth, pompous "wit" you employ in an attempt to belittle and intimidate other people.

You should get over yourself Bruce. You posted a misleading right wing op-ed propaganda piece with flawed data.  I very politely pointed out that the data was flawed and kindly agreed, at your request, to take the time to post clear evidence of what I was talking about. If you call that an attack, perhaps you should take a look at the last three days' worth of your own posts. You've engaged in little more than spamming the board with name-calling and abuse, alternating with whinging and crying when someone else gives you some of your own treatment.

You rarely post anything of merit or interest... your contributions are primarily limited to liberal bashing, in fact that bilious obssession seems to be your primary reason for being here ... this thread of course is no different. Signature Bruce.  Everyone else has an opinion, or thought-provoking comment, but you. As a side note: perhaps you are a shut-in on your island continent and have no idea what's going on in the world, but I can inform you that it isn't only communists and radicals who are concerned with climate change in North America.  There are many republicans who care deeply about the environment. One of them even posted in your propaganda piece.

Finally, the last thing I have to say to you is that your unrelenting liberal-bashing spams, coupled with your childish attention-whoring will probably repel more and more people from this board who consider themselves moderates and prefer to read content that is inspires thought, not bile. You're like a toddler in a jolly jumper banging a spoon and yelling "I want juice" at the top of your lungs.  Who, possessed of any intelligence would actively seek that out?

:) See, guys?
Thread Killer