Author Topic: Obama took one on the chin tonight!  (Read 6982 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: Obama took one on the chin tonight!
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »
calmus, its true cause I voted for Ron Paul in the primary.

Hugo, I agree.  Thats my concern as well.  The deficit.  Tax cuts must be met with spending cuts.  Thats what I believe in but I am somewhat weary on how McCain will do this.  However, as a small business owner, I can't have my taxes raised.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2008, 10:22:07 AM »
calmus, its true cause I voted for Ron Paul in the primary.

Hugo, I agree.  Thats my concern as well.  The deficit.  Tax cuts must be met with spending cuts.  Thats what I believe in but I am somewhat weary on how McCain will do this.  However, as a small business owner, I can't have my taxes raised.
Just a friendly pet peeve, but it is "wary", not "weary".  :)

There are no spending cuts to match the level of tax cuts Bush has started and McCain will continue. It's not possible without cutting Social Security. If McCain admitted to considering cutting Social Security, his candidacy would be destroyed.
If you elect McCain, the deficit will continue to skyrocket upwards from the $500 billion it is at presently.
!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2008, 10:24:21 AM »
"I don't want to take any money from the rich. I want everybody to get rich," McCain said.

Riiiiiiiiiight.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »
"I don't want to take any money from the rich. I want everybody to get rich," McCain said.

John Mccain wants everyone in america to be worth 5 million dollars.

What an idiotic fcvking statement.

First he says that $5,000,000 worth is considered rich.

Then he says he'd like to see everyone get rich.

So he'd like 310,000,000 Americans to all be worth 5 million bucks?

Does he not understand the insane economics behind this?  Or, is he just using a generic promise he doesn't mean like "Everybody gets rich if you vote for me"?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2008, 01:27:26 PM »
5 million was a joke. Guess you did not watch the real broadcast. haha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2008, 02:13:43 PM »
When speaking of taxes, they didn't mention capital gains, payroll taxes and dividends taxes.  This means so much to businesses, business investors, particularly small businesses including mom & pop shops who are struggling.  Also the inheritance tax and the marriage penalty tax.  I think people who watched need to know Obama isn't just going to raise taxes on families making $250K and over, he is planning to raise taxes on all of the above.  That is a very significant issue.

The other thing people fail to mention is that McCain will also lower taxes for the poor, just not quite as much.  For McCain's plan to work, we better see a significant cut in federal spending...or else the deficit will rise.

This is the absolute truth.  Millions of Americans are going to get hit by Obama and a Democrat Congress. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2008, 02:21:36 PM »

The other thing people fail to mention is that McCain will also lower taxes for the poor, just not quite as much.  For McCain's plan to work, we better see a significant cut in federal spending...or else the deficit will rise.

Hey bro Fortune 500 had a piece just recently with Obama on the cover (not sure of the issue) anyways it did a side by side analysis Obama vs. McCain what you would pay depending on your income bracket, and the results showed that under Obama's plan those under 65k, etc.. would only be saving $200-7.00

His economic plan is centered around his public works projects, asking the questions "What needs to be done in order to do this?" he has such huge projects  (welfare driven) everyone is going to get taxed, just the wealthy are going to get taxed even more.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »
His economic plan is centered around his public works projects, asking the questions "What needs to be done in order to do this?" he has such huge projects  (welfare driven) everyone is going to get taxed, just the wealthy are going to get taxed even more.

The CTer in me comes out when I see stuff like this.

If there hadn't been 9/11 or a war in Iraq would this all be an issue? I doubt it. You have neocons crying communist communist and then you have lefties jumping for joy because Obama will save Amerdica. Taxes are coming because of Bush & Co's wasteful spending. As if you couldn't see this happening. The way I look at it this seems orchestrated to make people dependent on government. Slowly but surely its coming to fruition. Obama is the perfect candidate for this situation. I'm not happy to say this but it's true. This is why I believe they work off of one another.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »
The CTer in me comes out when I see stuff like this.

If there hadn't been 9/11 or a war in Iraq would this all be an issue? I doubt it. You have neocons crying communist communist and then you have lefties jumping for joy because Obama will save Amerdica. Taxes are coming because of Bush & Co's wasteful spending. As if you couldn't see this happening. The way I look at it this seems orchestrated to make people dependent on government. Slowly but surely its coming to fruition. Obama is the perfect candidate for this situation. I'm not happy to say this but it's true. This is why I believe they work off of one another.

Your talking about massive public spending projects right? Creating a welfare state?

Before thos events, Clinton had envisioned this also, (on a much smaller scale) but the major bond market players screwed all of his visions up, BIG TIME.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2008, 04:24:24 PM »
bush wasted a shitload of money.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2008, 09:52:54 AM »
This is the absolute truth.  Millions of Americans are going to get hit by Obama and a Democrat Congress. 
My wife surprised me with digital cable tv on Saturday.  Shocked to death was more like it, so I got to see the questioning...it wasn't a debate.

Obama's tax hikes will hit the rich.  Who are the rich?  Like Obama said, the top 4% or so income earners---that's 250k+ per year.

Obama's income tax increase modestly hits only the rich.

Obama's payroll tax increase hits those earning above the SS wage base which is $102,000 for 2008.  So the payroll tax cap for SS is removed.

Why tax the rich or well-to-do?  That's where the money is.  And lord knows, the country is in crushing debt. 

We have to pay our bills.

We cannot continue the trend of borrow and spend.  That's McCain's way and it is unsustainable.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2008, 09:55:08 AM »

Math must not be your thing.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 10:15:44 AM »
Math must not be your thing.
It really isn't. 

But I'm not going to put words in Obama's mouth.  He said what he said.

The top 4% earners are not in the US's mainstream, middle-of-the road earning tier.

Isn't $54,000 the average household income?  How does $250k+ income fit into that bracket?  Those are the people targeted for a modest income tax increase.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2008, 11:02:45 AM »
In all fairness, Mccain is about 25 years older.

Of course he's more experienced.  I'm sure Strom Thurmond or Byrd or one of those 90-year old senators has about 20 more years experience than Mccain.  Are they better than Mccain because of it?

Has anyone taken note of how quickly being President ages you? Regan, Clinton, both Bushes...

I think it is even more important now to know who Mccain's running mate will be.

I just realized, I am undecided...holy moly!
Sandra

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »
I'm a lifetime republican, voted Bush twice... and wow, mccain is just a 2nd tier candidate.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2008, 12:16:24 PM »
Has anyone taken note of how quickly being President ages you? Regan, Clinton, both Bushes...

No crap. Looking at Clinton, and Bush, it's just like wow.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »
My wife surprised me with digital cable tv on Saturday.  Shocked to death was more like it, so I got to see the questioning...it wasn't a debate.

Obama's tax hikes will hit the rich.  Who are the rich?  Like Obama said, the top 4% or so income earners---that's 250k+ per year.

Obama's payroll tax increase hits those earning above the SS wage base which is $102,000 for 2008.  So the payroll tax cap for SS is removed.

Why tax the rich or well-to-do?  That's where the money is.  And lord knows, the country is in crushing debt. 

We have to pay our bills.

We cannot continue the trend of borrow and spend.  That's McCain's way and it is unsustainable.

Decker, $250+ a year isn't rich. That's upper middle class in the Maryland/N. Virginia area. That tax will hit a lot of working families and retired military (who are still working) where I live. I simply can not afford to vote for this guy. He's taking away money from me to invest for my future and the future of my wife and kids.

As far as our county's crushing debt. What would any one of us do if we were in debt because we were spending more than we were taking in? Say, "Oh my God, I need to get a better paying job so I can spend more?" Unlikely. Any sane and responsible person would look at ways to spend less and re-prioritize how our money is pissed away.

Why should we, as taxpayers and voters, expect any less from the knobs we elect into office?

The Coach

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2008, 03:46:29 PM »
Proves Obama cannot speak without a teleprompter and can't think without his handelers. He really made a total mess of himself. No wonder why he won't do a townhall with mcCain.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2008, 03:56:12 PM »
Proves Obama cannot speak without a teleprompter and can't think without his handelers. He really made a total mess of himself. No wonder why he won't do a townhall with mcCain.

Did you catch what he was fixing to say when talking about supreme court jusitce Clarence? "He doesn't have enough...pause pause"

Almost said experience. That would have been great.

But hey at least he gets to msuese McCain's "Rich" comment, which was a joke. Haha such a sore loser.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »
"I don't want to take any money from the rich. I want everybody to get rich," McCain said. "I don't want to raise anybody's taxes. I really don't."

dont really like the guy..

but i'm voting mccain def as of that nite
carpe` vaginum!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »
dont really like the guy..

but i'm voting mccain def as of that nite

I know your pro choice, as am I in some instances, but what is your take on Obama voting no "for life support for babies born when induced abortions fail"?

Anyone else have an opinion on this matter?

He voted on it two seperate times, each vote against life support.

Barbara Boxer, your most likely familiar with her, strong pro choice, always voting for women's rights. Voting for these bills, saying it would be murder, and neglect of a medical professional to sit this baby in a sink (a nurse sits the baby in a sink as it cries itself to death).

That is sick.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2008, 03:43:00 AM »
WOW everytime ive seen McCain on tv he has looked uncomfortable and awkward but this guy owned the shit tonight he looked confident and in his own enviroment and Obama looked uncomfortable and unsure. Obama made very little eye contact with the host and his body language seemed like he was uncomfortable.

Anybody pick up on this or was it just me
I totally picked up on that.  I noticed how his posture wouldn't even allow him to look at the audience.  Was not confident at all.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2008, 03:56:40 AM »
Decker, $250+ a year isn't rich. That's upper middle class in the Maryland/N. Virginia area. That tax will hit a lot of working families and retired military (who are still working) where I live. I simply can not afford to vote for this guy. He's taking away money from me to invest for my future and the future of my wife and kids.

As far as our county's crushing debt. What would any one of us do if we were in debt because we were spending more than we were taking in? Say, "Oh my God, I need to get a better paying job so I can spend more?" Unlikely. Any sane and responsible person would look at ways to spend less and re-prioritize how our money is pissed away.

Why should we, as taxpayers and voters, expect any less from the knobs we elect into office?

Excellent quote.  I've got a neighbor that pulls in $200k+/year, but they are struggling paycheck to paycheck.  Just because you make $250K per year doesn't necessarily mean you're rich.  A high income does not necessarily = wealth.  This is a fact that speaks specifically to small business owners like my neighbor.  That's the fact that I think those who are in favor of Obama's economic plan are not understanding. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2008, 04:01:50 AM »
I know your pro choice, as am I in some instances, but what is your take on Obama voting no "for life support for babies born when induced abortions fail"?

Anyone else have an opinion on this matter?

He voted on it two seperate times, each vote against life support.

Barbara Boxer, your most likely familiar with her, strong pro choice, always voting for women's rights. Voting for these bills, saying it would be murder, and neglect of a medical professional to sit this baby in a sink (a nurse sits the baby in a sink as it cries itself to death).

That is sick.
All of the news channels are picking up on this.  Pro-Choice voters really want to see the abortion issue go away from the debate arena, but it's just not going to happen.  Information like this (Obama voting against a purely evil bill to allow doctors to literally kill babies that survive botched abortions) will be a very hot topic. 

The Coach

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 08:15:17 AM »
John Mccain wants everyone in america to be worth 5 million dollars.

What an idiotic fcvking statement.

Rob, that was an off the cuff statment when he said that. It's like asking "What is rich" quick response "I dunno, how does $5mil sound"?