Author Topic: Powell: 'I am still a Republican'  (Read 4854 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Powell: 'I am still a Republican'
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 08:18:23 AM »
I agree.  I've tried to make those points in the past.  If you're going to call yourself a Democrat, Republican, etc. there is a degree of loyalty involved, particularly if you are a high profile member of the party. 

If its change he wants he should be working with party leaders and not throwing darts in public. 
What exactly are you talking about?

You aren't anything.  You are the torturing christian...you are the non-republican who supports all extreme rightwing candidates and proposals while mocking anything to the left of Rush Limbaugh. 

Your admonition that loyalty is a key feature to the essence of the definition of 'republican' borders on nonsensical.  Loyalty to what?

The obvious question is:  What is a republican?

Is torture, non-transparent government, big government and fiscal irresponsiblity the sine qua non of republicanism?

Then Dick Cheney is your man and that is your party.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2009, 08:27:29 AM »

You aren't anything.  You are the torturing christian...you are the non-republican who supports all extreme rightwing candidates and proposals while mocking anything to the left of Rush Limbaugh. 

Your admonition that loyalty is a key feature to the essence of the definition of 'republican' borders on nonsensical.  Loyalty to what?

Is torture, non-transparent government, big government and fiscal irresponsiblity the sine qua non of republicanism?

If slaughtering babies,promoting racists,keeping silent on racist rants by those around you,spending us into oblivian,taking over private industry,dictating what people can make,raising utility bills by 3,000 a year under the lie of global warming,pumping up failing companies,pushing shit bag unions, IS THE SINE QUA NON OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY ,then Obama is your man.

POWELL IS A FUCKING DEMOCRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2009, 11:50:23 AM »

What is it with you liberals?  Just incapable of discussing issues without focusing on the person, rather than subject at hand.  It's a very predictable pattern.  I expect it from the dummies, but not the smart ones (like you). 

In any event, I stand by what I said.  If a person considers themselves a member of any organization, including political parties, there is a degree of loyalty required to the organization/party.  I shouldn't have to explain that concept.  This loyalty is particularly important if a person is in a leadership position.  This means if you voluntarily join a group, you support the group.   

That doesn't mean you accept or agree with everything the organization or party does.  But if you have a problem with the organization or party, you work to change it behind the scenes.  If the differences are untenable and cannot be resolved, you leave.  Simple as that. 

If you consider that nonsensical then we have a diametrically opposed view of loyalty. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2009, 11:59:28 AM »

POWELL IS A FUCKING DEMOCRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Powell not a card carrying Republican? If so, then I'd say you were wrong.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2009, 12:11:43 PM »
Is Powell not a card carrying Republican? If so, then I'd say you were wrong.

I was a card carrying member of the teamsters for a few years.I DESPISED EVERYTHING THEY STOOD FOR.Does that make me a good union member?I was forced into that,it wasnt a choice like Powell has with his politics.YOU CANT BE A REPUBLICAN AND SUPPORT OBAMA.ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2009, 12:21:32 PM »

spot on

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »
YOU CANT BE A REPUBLICAN AND SUPPORT OBAMA.ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

the same thing can be said in reverse:  YOU CAN'T BE A DEMOCRAT AND SUPPORT BUSH

This is in essence one of the many things wrong with American Politics

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2009, 12:48:52 PM »
If slaughtering babies,promoting racists,keeping silent on racist rants by those around you,spending us into oblivian,taking over private industry,dictating what people can make,raising utility bills by 3,000 a year under the lie of global warming,pumping up failing companies,pushing shit bag unions, IS THE SINE QUA NON OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY ,then Obama is your man.

I find your hypocrisy amusing. In the other thread you're thumping your chest and screaming that you don't want Obama to tell you how to live your life, what car you can drive and what form of energy you can use yet here you are trying to tell other women what they can do with their own unborn fetuses and their bodies. HYPOCRITE.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2009, 01:09:17 PM »
the same thing can be said in reverse:  YOU CAN'T BE A DEMOCRAT AND SUPPORT BUSH

This is in essence one of the many things wrong with American Politics

Why is that wrong?Can you be a Yankee fan and a Red Sox fan?I dont think you can.They are enemies.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »
I find your hypocrisy amusing. In the other thread you're thumping your chest and screaming that you don't want Obama to tell you how to live your life, what car you can drive and what form of energy you can use yet here you are trying to tell other women what they can do with their own unborn fetuses and their bodies. HYPOCRITE.

Im not telling ANYONE what to do.Im pro life,BUT I never want the government involved in that decision.Id prefer the DR.SLEPIAN method.Use that about 40 or 50 times and you end that problem.

Now,partial birth abortion is not a fetus,its a living baby that they birth but leave the head in and stab it with scissors.However,if you like that fine.Vote Obama ,he LOVES abortion and even wants babies that survive an abortion attempt to be left to die.So,if thats what your for,you got the right guy.I would NEVER force my view down anyone elses throat.However,if a women has a right to do what she wants with her body and people like Joe Biden say that,then how do they tell a man what he can do with his and ban steroids[JOE BIDEN DID THAT!!!!!!!!!].Talk about hypocricy!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2009, 04:40:28 PM »
Im not telling ANYONE what to do.Im pro life,BUT I never want the government involved in that decision.Id prefer the DR.SLEPIAN method.Use that about 40 or 50 times and you end that problem.
Now,partial birth abortion is not a fetus,its a living baby that they birth but leave the head in and stab it with scissors.However,if you like that fine.Vote Obama ,he LOVES abortion and even wants babies that survive an abortion attempt to be left to die.So,if thats what your for,you got the right guy.I would NEVER force my view down anyone elses throat.However,if a women has a right to do what she wants with her body and people like Joe Biden say that,then how do they tell a man what he can do with his and ban steroids[JOE BIDEN DID THAT!!!!!!!!!].Talk about hypocricy!!!!

again, are your posts meant to be some kind of joke? 

You're advocating killing doctors?

Serious question - are you posting from inside a mental institution?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2009, 04:41:52 PM »
Why is that wrong?Can you be a Yankee fan and a Red Sox fan?I dont think you can.They are enemies.

It's very wrong, because people tend to align themselves along party lines without thinking or looking at an issue with an open mind or examining other view points.  It leads to polarization, stereotyping and bias based solely on party loyalty.  Creating a common enemy is the first step to manipulation, next comes the blinders followed by transforming into a complete drone.  Then a person becomes a basic tool that sees everything the "other party" does wrong, and everything their party does right.  Reason and common sense are forfeited for being on the "right" team.  

Politics isn't baseball.  If anything that should show you are falling into that trap.  This is AMERICA. You can be what ever the fuck you want.  Individual liberty above all else with the exception of that liberty restricting or endangering someone else.  If you want to be a red sox and Yankees fan YOU CAN just as if you want to be a democrat on some issues, yet a republican on other issues YOU CAN.  And anyone that says different is part of that drone making machine.  

I strive not to surrender my intelligence to one side of the fence and automatically categorize the other.  There are many conservatives and liberals on this board that are not drones, that see issues individually before they apply party ideals to them.  And there are drones who are sock puppets for talking heads.  We got conservatives accusing Obama of attacking the middle class, and just a year ago we had Dems accusing BUSh of the same.  That tells me we are really just getting bent over while the powers at be play yank the drone cord.

You can be a democrat and not support Obama.  

You can be a conservative and not have supported BUSH.  There where plenty, and there are plenty of dems now not supporting Obama.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2009, 05:47:41 PM »
Decker= Still suffering a two week old yeast infection and hot flashes from the realization that Nancy Pelosi, his hero, authorized and encouraged "torture".  :-X

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2009, 06:49:31 PM »
Decker= Still suffering a two week old yeast infection and hot flashes from the realization that Nancy Pelosi, his hero, authorized and encouraged "torture".  :-X

authorized = aware it might be used

encouraged =  sounds crazy - show me some proof of your claim

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2009, 08:07:49 PM »
What is it with you liberals?  Just incapable of discussing issues without focusing on the person, rather than subject at hand.  It's a very predictable pattern.  I expect it from the dummies, but not the smart ones (like you). 
There is nothing wrong with ad hominem arguments.  You support torture b/c cheney says waterboarding is not torture.  Both international and domestic case law/statutes state that waterboarding is torture.  Yet you buck the law to stand with a man you seem to hold as representative of republican ideals. 

If republican ideals include lawless brutality, then by gum, you are a republican.

I mention this b/c I see a worth in you and you are doing yourself a disservice.

In any event, I stand by what I said.  If a person considers themselves a member of any organization, including political parties, there is a degree of loyalty required to the organization/party.  I shouldn't have to explain that concept.  This loyalty is particularly important if a person is in a leadership position.  This means if you voluntarily join a group, you support the group.
I'll stand by this statement as well.  It does not speak to what it means to be a republican, but I agree with it. 

That doesn't mean you accept or agree with everything the organization or party does.  But if you have a problem with the organization or party, you work to change it behind the scenes.  If the differences are untenable and cannot be resolved, you leave.  Simple as that.
I agree with this as well.  But the statement is neutral to what it means to be a republican.

If you consider that nonsensical then we have a diametrically opposed view of loyalty. 
This only makes sense if you view Dick Cheney's perspective of secretive government, torture, illegal/unjustified wars as the meat on the republican bone. I.e., Cheney's perspective is the republican party.

Is Dick Cheney the republican party? 

Or does it mean something else to be a republican?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2009, 08:12:34 PM »
You seem to be wasted human potential.

Would you care to make any more straw arguments?  (my apologies to Straw Man).

Personally, I wouldn't mind if your crap was funny.  But you're not funny.

Why don't you dust off the 'sand in the vagina' howler again?  That's a crowd pleaser.  And by 'crowd', I mean only you.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2009, 06:31:49 AM »
again, are your posts meant to be some kind of joke? 

You're advocating killing doctors?

Serious question - are you posting from inside a mental institution?

YES!!!Im advocating killing abortion doctors.Did you care when the allies freed the concentration camps and killed Nazis?Same fucking thing!!!!

Are you posting from inside a bath house in San Fran?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2009, 08:44:55 AM »
YES!!!Im advocating killing abortion doctors.Did you care when the allies freed the concentration camps and killed Nazis?Same fucking thing!!!!

Are you posting from inside a bath house in San Fran?

nope - I'm posting from work.

you're a perfect example of the rationale, measured approach that make the pro-life view so appealing to the rest of us. 

I can't believe some people on the left think all pro-lifers are crazy, religious nutbags

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2009, 09:32:57 AM »
nope - I'm posting from work.

you're a perfect example of the rationale, measured approach that make the pro-life view so appealing to the rest of us. 

I can't believe some people on the left think all pro-lifers are crazy, religious nutbags

Well I hate RELIGION,SO YOUR NOT TALKING ABOT ME!!!Funny,you dont seem to be outraged that Obamas best friend,Bill Ayers tried to bomb government buildings[he was just so imcompetant at it that he couldnt pull it off.Typical lib,cant do a fucking thing correctly].I guess NUTS are defined by who is defining them.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2009, 09:46:05 AM »
Well I hate RELIGION,SO YOUR NOT TALKING ABOT ME!!!Funny,you dont seem to be outraged that Obamas best friend,Bill Ayers tried to bomb government buildings[he was just so imcompetant at it that he couldnt pull it off.Typical lib,cant do a fucking thing correctly].I guess NUTS are defined by who is defining them.

ok - so you're not a religious nutbag

You're clearly some kind of nutbag so what exactly is it that makes you sound so crazy?

I wasn't aware that Ayers and Obama were best friends. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2009, 10:07:21 AM »
ok - so you're not a religious nutbag

You're clearly some kind of nutbag so what exactly is it that makes you sound so crazy?

I wasn't aware that Ayers and Obama were best friends. 

Well he kicked off his political career right in Ayers' living room.

Frankly,I think you sound crazy.I always find it amusing when the left will throw out stuff like "your crazy,your out of the mainstream,anyone who watches FOX news is an idiot".Thanfully,I dont give a flying fuck what you think of me.YOU dont pay my bills.The very people you think are stupid,crazy,idiots,kooks,think EXACTLY the same about you.The good thing is,WE actually dont need you or the left wing libs to help us get by,we do it for ourselves.So,your opinion of me is as important as something stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »

I can't believe you're still hanging on to the Ayers thing.  First of all the election is over so it's a moot point. Second, that fake issue only worked on the dumbest of the dumb.

Back to the tangent of mass assasination of doctors.  Are you aware that puts you in radical fringe of a group that's already filled with crackpot and nutbags.  I'd venture a guess that 99.9% of pro-lifers would not be in agreement with your idea of killing 40-50 doctors as a way to challenge abortions.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2009, 11:19:27 AM »
I can't believe you're still hanging on to the Ayers thing.  First of all the election is over so it's a moot point. Second, that fake issue only worked on the dumbest of the dumb.

Back to the tangent of mass assasination of doctors.  Are you aware that put's you in radical fringe of a group that's already filled with crackpot and nutbags.  I'd venture a guess that 99.9% of pro-lifers would not be in agreement with your idea of killing 40-50 doctors as a way to challenge abortions.   

YOU MUST BE UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT IM TRYING TO BE PART OF THE PRO-LIFE MOVEMENT.I dont care what they believe in.In fact I find them to be as stupid as the idiots who march with people like Rev. Al or Jackson.A total waste of time and energy.All that silly praying and marching and writing congress people,what has it accomplished?Tim McVeigh accomplished more in ten minutes then they have in 50 years.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2009, 11:20:58 AM »
I would like Powell for once to tell us just why is is a republican in the first place. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »
I would like Powell for once to tell us just why is is a republican in the first place. 

Valid question... Where has his party gone.