Author Topic: Senator Collins will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh  (Read 9427 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Senator Collins will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh
« on: October 05, 2018, 01:12:41 PM »
I just finished listening to Senator Collins speech. IMO she provided a very detailed and convincing explanation as to how and why she will be voting in favor of Judge Kavanaugh's appointment to the Supreme Court. I am impressed with her sincere presentation. She did and excellent job of positively acknowledging Christine Blaisey Ford's personal sacrifice and honesty.

If I lived in Maine and had voted for Senator Collins, I would be feeling good about that choice right now. If more congress people regardless of their being Republican or Democrat spoke as well as she did today, congress might regain the respect of the people of the United States.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Senator Collins will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 01:29:25 PM »
Gorsuch and soon Kavanugh will be put on the Supreme Court with less than 60 votes

No other justices were put on the court with so little support

That's pathetic by ANY standard

Kavanaugh will basically have a cloud over him for his entire tenure and I suspect will also be a source of protest for at least the near future

I for one and am looking forward to Kavanaugh being the deciding vote to overturn Roe v Wade just so Collins will have to explain how she got totally duped by self proclaimed prolific puker

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 01:39:13 PM »
Gorsuch and soon Kavanugh will be put on the Supreme Court with less than 60 votes

Kavanaugh will basically have a cloud over him for his entire tenure and I suspect will also be a source of protest for at least the near future

I for one and am looking forward to Kavanaugh being the deciding vote to overturn Roe v Wade just so Collins will have to explain how she got totally duped by self proclaimed prolific puker

Overturning Roe v Wade is not an issue that should be used as retribution. I sincerely hope you aren't being serious here.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 02:16:28 PM »
Overturning Roe v Wade is not an issue that should be used as retribution. I sincerely hope you aren't being serious here.

not sure where you're getting retribution from

I'm simply saying she's getting duped (or is deluding herself or is just plain fucking stupid)

Susan Collins has stated that she thinks Kavanaugh will uphold RvW

I think she's wrong

She said the same thing about Gorsuch and she's going to be proven wrong about that as well

Kwon3

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 02:19:14 PM »
imagine how much anyone cares what you two irrelevant clowns think about anything

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 02:25:24 PM »
imagine how much anyone cares what you two irrelevant clowns think about anything

yet you feel compelled to post telling us that no one cares

doesn't make much sense does it?

seems like you're desperate for someone to pay attention to you

Kwon3

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 02:32:58 PM »
yet you feel compelled to post telling us that no one cares

doesn't make much sense does it?

seems like you're desperate for someone to pay attention to you
I like reminding the worthless that they're worthless
it makes plenty of sense to gloat over your defeated enemies, and you are defeated
when's the last time you made a thread that got almost 30 pages in two weeks in this forum?
nobody cares about you write. You shouldn't just delete your account. You should buy a gun and just give yourself some glock mouthwash and do the entire world a favor

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 02:34:28 PM »
I just finished listening to Senator Collins speech. IMO she provided a very detailed and convincing explanation as to how and why she will be voting in favor of Judge Kavanaugh's appointment to the Supreme Court. I am impressed with her sincere presentation. She did and excellent job of positively acknowledging Christine Blaisey Ford's personal sacrifice and honesty.

If I lived in Maine and had voted for Senator Collins, I would be feeling good about that choice right now. If more congress people regardless of their being Republican or Democrat spoke as well as she did today, congress might regain the respect of the people of the United States.
It was a great speech.

Kwon3

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 02:38:44 PM »
I like reminding the worthless that they're worthless
it makes plenty of sense to gloat over your defeated enemies, and you are defeated
when's the last time you made a thread that got almost 30 pages in two weeks in this forum?
nobody cares about you write. You shouldn't just delete your account. You should buy a gun and just give yourself some glock mouthwash and do the entire world a favor

sounds like you've got a LOT of time on your hands

you seem like you the type of loser who is constantly in need of finding someone to argue with

I'd say get a life but I suspect being a moronic troll on the internet is your life

Can I assume you'll continue to follow me around like a jilted school girl

Kwon3

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 02:45:14 PM »
sounds like you've got a LOT of time on your hands

you seem like you the type of loser who is constantly in need of finding someone to argue with

I'd say get a life but I suspect being a moronic troll on the internet is your life

Can I assume you'll continue to follow me around like a jilted school girl
you lost man
take it like a pussy who isn't a total pussy and admit you were wrong about everything
the 2016 election, the kavanaugh nomination, the stormy daniels shit, the russia collusion story
no matter how much you hate to admit it, you're constantly on the losing end of every argument
projecting hard too

Kwon3

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 02:45:53 PM »
it's not the bath party, by the way ;)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 03:09:22 PM »

Then cut that in half. Hahaha.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 03:13:02 PM »

No worries if it's about metrics...Amy Coney Barrett will get 70+ when Ginsburg kicks. Ginsburg to open my 2019 dead pool.

http://www.scotusblog.com/2018/07/potential-nominee-profile-amy-coney-barrett/

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 03:23:40 PM »
not sure where you're getting retribution from

I'm simply saying she's getting duped (or is deluding herself or is just plain fucking stupid)

Susan Collins has stated that she thinks Kavanaugh will uphold RvW

I think she's wrong

She said the same thing about Gorsuch and she's going to be proven wrong about that as well

I would literally bet you money Roe v. Wade never gets overturned.  We can have an escrow account with Ron holding the money or just a gentleman's agreement.  I will not welch if I lose.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 03:24:41 PM »

No worries if it's about metrics...Amy Coney Barrett will get 70+ when Ginsburg kicks. Ginsburg to open my 2019 dead pool.

http://www.scotusblog.com/2018/07/potential-nominee-profile-amy-coney-barrett/

the vote of any future nominee won't change the fact we have two conservatives who couldn't even get to 60 votes

BTW - I'm looking forward to the SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade

It's going to more fun that watching Republican dipishits who voted for Trump suddenly wake up and realize they might lose their  Obamacare

Also going to fun watching Republicans getting illegal abortions for their mistresses

And of course going to be very fun hearing the excuses from people like Collins

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2018, 03:24:47 PM »

And whose fault is it that every Democrat besides Manchin decided to vote against a judge with a stellar reputation except for some woman who claims he grouped her 30+ years ago with no evidence at all?  It's the libs that are hyper partisan here.  If Manchin keeps his senate seat in November the Republicans have to flip him to our side.

Kwon3

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 03:26:24 PM »
And whose fault is it that every Democrat besides Manchin decided to vote against a judge with a stellar reputation except for some woman who claims he grouped her 30+ years ago with no evidence at all?  It's the libs that are hyper partisan here.  If Manchin keeps his senate seat in November the Republicans have to flip him to our side.
It does put Trump in a quandary as far as WV goes. He's come down hard against Joe Manchin in his recent rallies in his state throwing his support that Republican nobody knows about, but now he can't be seen to trash a guy who voted for his nominee, the only Democrat to do so (so far).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 03:29:07 PM »
you lost man
take it like a pussy who isn't a total pussy and admit you were wrong about everything
the 2016 election, the kavanaugh nomination, the stormy daniels shit, the russia collusion story
no matter how much you hate to admit it, you're constantly on the losing end of every argument
projecting hard too

It always cracks me up when people like you just roll up a bunch of different topics into one sentence and then congratulate themselves

feel free to point out where I said Kavanugh would not be put on the SCOTUS

I have no idea was "stormy daniels shit" you're referring too (I'd be amazed if you even knew what you were referring to)

Same goes for Russian collusion.  All I've ever said on that is investigate everything.  

I assume you'll ignore this post since nobody cares about what I say

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 03:30:25 PM »
It does put Trump in a quandary as far as WV goes. He's come down hard against Joe Manchin in his recent rallies in his state throwing his support that Republican nobody knows about, but now he can't be seen to trash a guy who voted for his nominee, the only Democrat to do so (so far).
I really think if Manchin wins he's going to flip but obviously he can't now with the election coming up.  The governor of West Virginia won as a Democrat and flipped a couple weeks later.  I am close to West Virginia and get their local t.v. stations and it is wall to wall political ads.  It's going to be a miserable next month watching any t.v.

Kwon3

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 03:36:17 PM »
It always cracks me up when people like you just roll up a bunch of different topics into one sentence and then congratulate themselves

feel free to point out where I said Kavanugh would not be put on the SCOTUS

I have no idea was "stormy daniels shit" you're referring too (I'd be amazed if you even knew what you were referring to)

Same goes for Russian collusion.  All I've ever said on that is investigate everything.  

I assume you'll ignore this post since nobody cares about what I say

You've been writing pro-Avenatti, pro-Daniels material for months, hoping it sinks this President. Dude, that was a scam. She did it to get interviews and a book deal, blew through his money she settled for (lol@ taking 130k from a billionaire, what a loser) and now she's gone back to what she does best, dancing on stage and dodging bottles and cigarette butts truck drivers throw at her.

As for the Kavanaugh thing, you've been behind the lying and discredited accusers from day 1. It's clear you thought they were going to sink his nomination, if not through committee hearings then from the FBI investigation that you supported so much. Not a word from you since it got released yesterday...why is that? Oh, because they found nothing and all her witnesses discredited what she said or couldn't verify her story.

Guy, you've done on here. The only role left for you is to propose impossibly negative scenarios with the SCOTUS and pray that the Muller 'investigation' finds a smoking gun and ties it back to the Oval Office (lol, good luck with that). 35,000 posts down the drain.

Kwon3

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 03:38:24 PM »
I really think if Manchin wins he's going to flip but obviously he can't now with the election coming up.  The governor of West Virginia won as a Democrat and flipped a couple weeks later.  I am close to West Virginia and get their local t.v. stations and it is wall to wall political ads.  It's going to be a miserable next month watching any t.v.

Problem is he's popular in his state and still has a lead on the other guy. And his voting for Kavanaugh doesn't help the case for his opponent, whose name I forgot. He seems like a nice enough man but he's just not that well known.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 03:43:11 PM »
Problem is he's popular in his state and still has a lead on the other guy. And his voting for Kavanaugh doesn't help the case for his opponent, whose name I forgot. He seems like a nice enough man but he's just not that well known.
Patrick Morrisey is the Republican.  Manchin will probably win and that's why I'm hoping he flips after the election.  McConnell has offered him a deal before but he didn't bite.  After the shit he's going to get from his Dem colleagues maybe this time will be different.

Kwon3

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 03:46:46 PM »
Patrick Morrisey is the Republican.  Manchin will probably win and that's why I'm hoping he flips after the election.  McConnell has offered him a deal before but he didn't bite.  After the shit he's going to get from his Dem colleagues maybe this time will be different.
Yeah that's the guy. A Trump rally and endorsement definitely gives a boost to any candidate but as we saw with Luther Strange in Alabama, it doesn't guarantee a win. The people still choose who they like, even if it's not the President's selection.

Manchin should go Republican and Merkowski Dem.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 03:53:44 PM »
I would literally bet you money Roe v. Wade never gets overturned.  We can have an escrow account with Ron holding the money or just a gentleman's agreement.  I will not welch if I lose.

I'm open to that and there are probably online escrow type services available

We'd have to define "overturn".  

I think it will get challenged over and over and get chipped away and probably wind up getting pushed back on the states

That would also be fine with me.  Let all the red states outlaw it and then they can deal with the consequences.   This has already happened to some extent in states where they've greatly limited access.  The results are more unwanted pregnancies, more unwanted children and more cost to the states.