Author Topic: Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs  (Read 17534 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 03:43:18 PM »

Most people would define the beginning of the cover up with Roswell in 1947 (though may have even started sooner) which is 72 years

The flight characteristics can easily lead one to conclude they are not burning petroleum.
There is also a lot of insider testimony that these things manipulate gravity and are not internal combustion engines (google Bob Lazar for more info)

Also, if you read the NYT article from 5/26/2019  you'll find the following statements

“We have helicopters that can hover,” Lieutenant Graves said. “We have aircraft that can fly at 30,000 feet and right at the surface.” But “combine all that in one vehicle of some type with no jet engine, no exhaust plume.”

“These things would be out there all day,” said Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who has been with the Navy for 10 years, and who reported his sightings to the Pentagon and Congress. “Keeping an aircraft in the air requires a significant amount of energy. With the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”

If you look at the data it's a fairly safe assumption that these things aren't burning petroleum.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/26/us/politics/ufo-sightings-navy-pilots.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2019, 03:46:59 PM »
LOL...are you suggesting we've finally found Straw Man's religion?     :D

hardly

that's just the only way a religious person such as yourself is able to frame this topic and then of course you project that structure on to me

That's actually one of the other problems with disclosure.  Specifically peoples need to try to put anything they don't understand into some kind of religious format.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 04:28:44 PM »
hardly

that's just the only way a religious person such as yourself is able to frame this topic and then of course you project that structure on to me

That's actually one of the other problems with disclosure.  Specifically peoples need to try to put anything they don't understand into some kind of religious format.

LOL...I'm not the one questioning your ET faith.  Talk to Agnostic.  And all that material you eagerly encouraged me to read/watch is your attempt to evangelize me.   :D

BTW, I watched the video you suggested.  Very interesting, in a Science Fiction kinda way.  The guy said he believes all humans have psychic abilities.   :-X

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2019, 05:01:50 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.  The same people who are adamant God doesn't exist do believe in aliens.

Right?  Weird. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 05:02:57 PM »
Navy pilots spotted UFOs flying at hypersonic speeds: report
By Tamar Lapin May 27, 2019

Some US Navy pilots reported spotting UFOs while training over the East Coast in 2014 and 2015, they said in a recent New York Times report.

The pilots told the paper they saw “strange objects” with “no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes” reaching at least 30,000 feet and flying at hypersonic speeds almost daily while training off the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt.

“These things would be out there all day,” said Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who has been with the Navy for 10 years and who said he reported the sightings to the Pentagon and Congress.

“Keeping an aircraft in the air requires a significant amount of energy. With the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”

The unidentified flying objects were seen performing maneuvers that were “beyond the physical limits of a human crew,” like stopping rapidly, turning instantly or immediately accelerating at hypersonic speeds, the pilots said.

The sightings were reported to the Pentagon’s shadowy Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, which, as The Post exclusively reported earlier this month, confirmed it still investigates claimed sightings of alien spacecraft.

In late 2014, a Super Hornet pilot said he almost hit one of the objects — which he said looked like a sphere encasing a cube — and an official mishap report was filed.

Another pilot, Lt. Danny Accoin, said he could identify a flying object on his radar, missile system and infrared camera but couldn’t actually see it in his helmet camera.

“I knew I had it, I knew it was not a false hit,” Accoin said. But still, “I could not pick it up visually.”

A minute-long video included in the article appears to show two encounters with the enigmatic phenomena. In one of the clips, pilots appear confused by what they’re seeing on their radar screens.

“Look at that thing. It’s rotating,” one of them said.

At first the pilots interviewed in the report thought the objects were part of a top-secret drone program.

But after the near-collision, they changed their minds, reasoning that government officials knew there were fighter pilots in the area and would not send drones to get in the way.

Navy spokesman Joseph Gradisher said it’s unclear what caused the sightings detailed in the article. The Times report comes after the Navy in April sent out a new classified guidance for how to report the “unexplained aerial phenomena.”

“There were a number of different reports,” Gradisher said. Some cases could have been commercial drones, he added.

But in other cases, “we don’t know who’s doing this, we don’t have enough data to track this. So the intent of the message to the fleet is to provide updated guidance on reporting procedures for suspected intrusions into our airspace.”

Neither Graves or the other pilots nor the Department of Defense would speculate on what the objects were.

“We’re here to do a job, with excellence, not make up myths,” one pilot said.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/27/navy-pilots-spotted-ufos-flying-at-hypersonic-speeds-report/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2019, 05:04:34 PM »
LOL...I'm not the one questioning your ET faith.  Talk to Agnostic.  And all that material you eagerly encouraged me to read/watch is your attempt to evangelize me.   :D

BTW, I watched the video you suggested.  Very interesting, in a Science Fiction kinda way.  The guy said he believes all humans have psychic abilities.   :-X

I have no "ET Faith"

that's solely your creation which for some reason you feel like projecting onto me

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2019, 05:05:17 PM »
Right?  Weird.  

even weirder that you fundie types feel compelled to frame anything you don't understand as "religion"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2019, 07:18:14 PM »
I didn't realize so many people were in the dark about this UFO stuff. I thought this was all common knowledge by this point in time.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2019, 03:10:08 AM »
How come many more photos aren't taken of UFO's since the dawn of smart phones?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2019, 04:17:07 AM »
I have no "ET Faith"

that's solely your creation which for some reason you feel like projecting onto me

Do you believe in psychics?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2019, 09:22:17 AM »
In the first hyper link of the posted article it takes you to the original report. In it, it says these "sightings" only started happening after the jets radar was upgraded. Jets prior to the upgrade did not have encounters. It also says the pilot says he should have been able to see the UFO in his helmet camera but he could not.

"Leon Golub, a senior astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, said the possibility of an extraterrestrial cause “is so unlikely that it competes with many other low-probability but more mundane explanations.” He added that “there are so many other possibilities — bugs in the code for the imaging and display systems, atmospheric effects and reflections, neurological overload from multiple inputs during high-speed flight.”

Now I'm no rocket scientist but I think the answer here is pretty obvious

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2019, 10:48:23 AM »
In the first hyper link of the posted article it takes you to the original report. In it, it says these "sightings" only started happening after the jets radar was upgraded. Jets prior to the upgrade did not have encounters. It also says the pilot says he should have been able to see the UFO in his helmet camera but he could not.

"Leon Golub, a senior astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, said the possibility of an extraterrestrial cause “is so unlikely that it competes with many other low-probability but more mundane explanations.” He added that “there are so many other possibilities — bugs in the code for the imaging and display systems, atmospheric effects and reflections, neurological overload from multiple inputs during high-speed flight.”

Now I'm no rocket scientist but I think the answer here is pretty obvious

cool

tell us the "obvious" answer

I hope it includes explaining the visual sightings that also occurred

BTW - pretty funny that an astrophysicist is suddenly an expert in software and also apparently neurology. 

I wasn't aware that astrophysics extended to those totally unrelated areas

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2019, 10:50:01 AM »
From Fox News - short interview with Christoper Mellon,former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence

https://www.foxnews.com/science/christopher-mellon-official-ufo-sightings-real?fbclid=IwAR2JO8oubDs1K8MylK6VWWVH2WEw9xvEh1umV9Sh3SUBhqMtSdfHGnys5P4

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2019, 10:52:06 AM »
Commentary by Richard Dolan on the NYT article and the short video documentary on the USS Nimitz incident

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2019, 11:19:19 AM »

For the same reason we don't see pictures of Big Foot. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2019, 11:23:44 AM »

An even better question is why are you unaware of the abundance of pictures and videos taken since the "dawn of smart phones" and well before that as well

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2019, 11:25:24 AM »
An even better question is why are you unaware of the abundance of pictures and videos taken since the "dawn of smart phones" and well before that as well

Most proven hoaxes.  The ones that aren't proven probably are as well.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2019, 11:28:39 AM »

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2019, 11:43:09 AM »
If we’re to believe that the Earth is Less Than a Grain of Sand on all the beaches & Desserts in the World
It Kinda very unlikely We are the only grain of sand with Life on it.

That’s a very mind bogglingly large concept to take on board - That we are so utterly small in such
A Vast Expanse.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2019, 12:10:33 PM »

never looked at it

if it's something you care about then why you start a thread about it and stop asking me about it in this thread

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2019, 01:38:24 PM »
Most proven hoaxes.  The ones that aren't proven probably are as well.

LOL - I like how you first said they don't exist and now you say they are all proven hoaxes

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2019, 02:13:33 PM »
never looked at it

if it's something you care about then why you start a thread about it and stop asking me about it in this thread

Really?  Never?  The author of the ET faith materials your recommended believes in psychics.  How do you pick and choose what's fact from fiction in these materials?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2019, 03:08:32 PM »
Really?  Never?  The author of the ET faith materials your recommended believes in psychics.  How do you pick and choose what's fact from fiction in these materials?

I have no idea what "ET faith materials" you're referring to.

Which author are you referring to?  Dolan?  If so then perhaps you're referring to remote viewing which has a lot of data to back it up though I haven't spent much time looking at it in depth.  If the subject interests you then why don't you start a thread about it.  I'm sure you'll have a coherent argument in support of your position and I look forward to reading it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2019, 05:39:50 PM »
Uh, tons of pics and videos of UFO's have been taken with smart phones.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2019, 03:02:35 AM »
Uh, tons of pics and videos of UFO's have been taken with smart phones.
Um, no.