Author Topic: Nick Walker lookin' UNBEATABLE 12 weeks out !!  (Read 12180 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Nick Walker lookin' UNBEATABLE 12 weeks out !!
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2022, 03:56:57 PM »
Reposts 8)

Nick has to play on mass, that's the only thing he has going for him. That why I don't think the judging criteria has changed in several decades. There are no Makkavy's or Paris' in the field first of all, and remember! Paris didn't win much of anything in his time either despite having the "perfect physique." Go look at Nick's amateur pics, his off season home shots. Allmost no one thought he would ever even turn pro. Cankles they called him, what was he supposed to do, strive to look like Makkavy haha?

I always give the example of 2003 Coleman. Say you were sat on the judging panel and no repercussions if you placings were were very strange and only based on you preferences. It would be very hard to judge if you were a fan of 90's physiques. It's a thought experiment. Where do you put Ronnie, who do you have win?

I think the bodies change the judging not the other way around. Mostly.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2022, 08:23:17 PM »
To be honest, over the last couple of years, already, I’ve noticed a deterioration of his physique. Not specifically in mass and size, but rather, for lack of a better word, freshness.

Branch suffered the same thing, albeit over a longer stretch of time.

Nick has been gunning it so hard and so fast his body is already throwing in the towel.

I don’t say this to be mean.

I guarantee his innards are beginning to resemble Dallas’ during that guy’s autopsy.

Very well put

Richie Gaspari had a similar look about him after his high Olympia placings.  His body just looked *tired*.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2022, 08:31:31 PM »
Those hams !! :o :o :o
Those acne scars!!!  :o :o :o

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2022, 08:34:47 PM »
Yates was always shredded from the back. Ronnie too. But even Shawn Ray and Levrone at their best condition ever, from the waist down, would be considered off nowadays. But their upper body conditioning smokes the current guys. LoL it's so weird. Yeah I watched a couple contests Flex was in and he genuinely looked like he had a fat ass and not one line in his hamstrings

With respect, I dunno about some of that; Shawn usually had very ripped hamstrings and glutes (ugh, I feel like Elton John just saying that).  Circa 93, Flex was on point there in the spring shows; and before Levrone started competing at 250ish, his hamstrings were among the best ever.  If you can find pics of him from the '92 NOC, I'm sure you'll agree the look he brought to that contest was fucking insane conditioning-wise.  No shit:  his hamstrings actually showed cross striations (!).  He was fairly close to that shape at the Olympia that year, too.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2022, 09:23:57 PM »
Those acne scars!!!  :o :o :o

Those raisin balls!!!!  :o :o :o :o

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2022, 01:17:45 AM »
The Mutant dwarfin' those Classic Physique pussies 8)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2022, 03:34:19 AM »
▫️

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2022, 04:00:19 AM »
▫️

They're approximately the same size but Nick has more vascularity

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2022, 04:22:47 AM »
They're approximately the same size but Nick has more disgustingly ugly vascularity
FIXED

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2022, 03:25:08 PM »
The guy on the left has better looking calves, Nicks like like an old grandmas covered in worms.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2022, 01:01:31 AM »
The guy on the left has better looking calves, Nicks like like an old grandmas covered in worms.
I'd be worried about a blood clot if I were him.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2022, 01:11:00 AM »
Nicks got one of the ugliest physiques in history.
seems like a brain-dead, aloof moron as well...

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2022, 01:53:21 AM »
Very well put

Richie Gaspari had a similar look about him after his high Olympia placings.  His body just looked *tired*.

Gaspari went from Olympia runner up to being finished quite fast

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2022, 06:45:00 AM »
Nick has to play on mass, that's the only thing he has going for him. That why I don't think the judging criteria has changed in several decades. There are no Makkavy's or Paris' in the field first of all, and remember! Paris didn't win much of anything in his time either despite having the "perfect physique." Go look at Nick's amateur pics, his off season home shots. Allmost no one thought he would ever even turn pro. Cankles they called him, what was he supposed to do, strive to look like Makkavy haha?

This Same issue with Cutler you can only work with your genetics. If you are short and built like a fridge you have to play the Mass Game to win. It's not like a different supplement and training protocol is going to make Nick look like Flex Wheeler.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2022, 06:50:16 AM »
Anyone else think Nick may be a fruitcake?

No, but maybe on the spectrum? Also, psychological issues from childhood abuse.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2022, 07:28:59 AM »
No, but maybe on the spectrum? Also, psychological issues from childhood abuse.

Yes. Spectrum plus molested. Quite the combo

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2022, 07:48:30 AM »
This Same issue with Cutler you can only work with your genetics. If you are short and built like a fridge you have to play the Mass Game to win.

The winning move is not to play.

Even if you have good response to gear, short and stumpy always = bad genetics.

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2022, 11:08:10 AM »
10 weeks out - it's gettin' serious 8)

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2022, 11:09:34 AM »
With respect, I dunno about some of that; Shawn usually had very ripped hamstrings and glutes (ugh, I feel like Elton John just saying that).  Circa 93, Flex was on point there in the spring shows; and before Levrone started competing at 250ish, his hamstrings were among the best ever.  If you can find pics of him from the '92 NOC, I'm sure you'll agree the look he brought to that contest was fucking insane conditioning-wise.  No shit:  his hamstrings actually showed cross striations (!).  He was fairly close to that shape at the Olympia that year, too.
Maybe it's quality of vids and photos then because it's seems like the current guys hamstrings are way more dry and shredded.  Especially Flex. Other than '93 Arnold, he always seemed soft from the back

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2022, 11:33:05 AM »
This Same issue with Cutler you can only work with your genetics. If you are short and built like a fridge you have to play the Mass Game to win. It's not like a different supplement and training protocol is going to make Nick look like Flex Wheeler.

Exactly. And people act like it's a training issue, as if he prioritised the wrong bodyparts in training. No a trainee is not like a sculptor working with clay. That's ridiculous. An advanced trainee always looks the same, just bigger or smaller overall, or more or less fat. After the first couple of years of dedicated training you can see what he will look like when it comes to proportion.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2022, 11:41:42 AM »
Maybe it's quality of vids and photos then because it's seems like the current guys hamstrings are way more dry and shredded.  Especially Flex. Other than '93 Arnold, he always seemed soft from the back

He didn't much of striation for 93 either. It's genetic. It also has to do with how the muscle looks, how striated it will look dieted down. Some have very striated glutes, many strands of muscle whereas some much less. Look at shawns ass above, there aren't many areas he has the crevices to display separation.

Then you have:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cja_VDiq4Fk/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2022, 11:54:31 AM »
He didn't much of striation for 93 either. It's genetic. It also has to do with how the muscle looks, how striated it will look dieted down. Some have very striated glutes, many strands of muscle whereas some much less. Look at shawns ass above, there aren't many areas he has the crevices to display separation.

Then you have:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cja_VDiq4Fk/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Some of that has to be training the glutes more as well guys know the trunks are smaller so they train them more dry them out and stop glute shots a couple weeks out

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2022, 12:39:07 PM »

who in their right mind wears posing trunks 10 weeks out?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2022, 12:42:14 PM »

who in their right mind wears posing trunks 10 weeks out?

A bodybuilder always needs to be ready in case of a posedown challenge

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2022, 12:44:39 PM »
his arms are too big for his legs, his veins are too thick for his calves, and he only hits one pose and in that he looks like a Bullfrog