Author Topic: "Razor Ramon" Scott Hall has heart attack and taken off life support  (Read 3381 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I didn't know anything was wrong with him. He reportedly had a heart attack during hip surgery. I just heard this on the radio 5 minutes ago.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: "Razor Ramon" Scott Hall has heart attack and taken off life support
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 01:40:02 PM »
I didn't know anything was wrong with him. He reportedly had a heart attack during hip surgery. I just heard this on the radio 5 minutes ago.
All the years of alcohol and rec drug abuse caught up to him. Very sad shit here. Story below:

WWE Hall of Famer Scott Hall, who played iconic heel Razor Ramon in the 1990s and helped professional wrestling gain worldwide attention, will be taken off life support, longtime friend and former wrestler Kevin Nash said.

Hall's condition was first reported by the wrestling blog PW Torch on Sunday, saying Hall was put on life support after suffering three heart attacks on Saturday. PW Torch said he recently had hip replacement surgery after a fall in early March.

Nash, who was Hall's tag team partner and founder of the wrestling faction New World Order alongside Hulk Hogan in World Championship Wrestling, confirmed Hall's status in an Instagram post late Sunday night.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 05:56:09 PM »
All the years of alcohol and rec drug abuse caught up to him. Very sad shit here. Story below:

WWE Hall of Famer Scott Hall, who played iconic heel Razor Ramon in the 1990s and helped professional wrestling gain worldwide attention, will be taken off life support, longtime friend and former wrestler Kevin Nash said.

Hall's condition was first reported by the wrestling blog PW Torch on Sunday, saying Hall was put on life support after suffering three heart attacks on Saturday. PW Torch said he recently had hip replacement surgery after a fall in early March.

Nash, who was Hall's tag team partner and founder of the wrestling faction New World Order alongside Hulk Hogan in World Championship Wrestling, confirmed Hall's status in an Instagram post late Sunday night.

I thought he had his happy ending: Getting cleaned up with DDP, getting back in shape, and going to the HOF in 2014 and in 2020 (with the induction officially occurring at 'Mania last year).

In fact, wasn't he supposed to be part of the festivities this year?

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 09:57:51 PM »
Scott was revolutionary in pro wrestling. Hogan with his prayers and vitamins gimmick, along with the Von Erichs, Bret Hart, Andre and other  "good guys" were dominant all through the 80s and Scott made the "bad guy" the main attraction in the early 90s. Literally. He even was the spark for Hogan to turn heel in the WCW. He was the one who talked Hogan into it.  Heels had always been important, but Scott helped change the entire psychology of pro wrestling. Roddy Piper was the gold standard of bad guys, but was too ahead of his time and got screwed by Vince. Scott took it to the next level.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 12:14:34 PM »

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 05:10:59 PM »
He was good but he wasn't that good. The only thing that saved him was the WWE Outsiders invading WCW angle. Then when Hogan joined he was completely safe. Without Hogan joining he'd of bombed harder than Bret Hart did. Remember he was a member of the klick in WWE. Dude was on easy street. Tried to ask Vince for money. Vince knew about his addictions and said take a walk. Don't get me wrong I've always been a huge fan. Dude just had the best connections in the business that made him more of a star than he deserved to be. Hey Yo. RIP.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 05:35:36 PM »
Solid character for sure.  Not a very impressive specimen in person though. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 07:04:13 PM »
He was good but he wasn't that good. The only thing that saved him was the WWE Outsiders invading WCW angle. Then when Hogan joined he was completely safe. Without Hogan joining he'd of bombed harder than Bret Hart did. Remember he was a member of the klick in WWE. Dude was on easy street. Tried to ask Vince for money. Vince knew about his addictions and said take a walk. Don't get me wrong I've always been a huge fan. Dude just had the best connections in the business that made him more of a star than he deserved to be. Hey Yo. RIP.

I think that, had he stayed in the WWF, Vince would have made him world champion. The Bad Guy claims he asked Vince for a higher percentage of his Razor Ramon merch. When Mr. McMaohn said no, he then asked him if he could go to Japan and wrestle for 3 months a year.

After he got his guaranteed money and "favorite nations" status from his agent, he really urged Nash to jump ship as well. The reasoning was that WCW would pay more for Nash and thus would have to bump Hall up to match. I'm sure you also heard the story of the extra money they got, from that Fake Razor and Diesel debacle.

Razor also claims that McMahon kept Michaels, Helmsley, Austin, and Taker from jumping ship by offering them a higher percentage of their respective merchandise, the same thing for which Mr. Machismo asked before signing with Billionaire Ted.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2022, 07:24:34 PM »
Hogan was the catalyst to the NWOs success. Hall and Nash would have never become what they did without Hollywood. Then Goldberg brought WCW to a whole different level with main stream media. Hall was just perfect time, perfect place, and rode the money wave $$$.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 04:43:33 AM »
RIP.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2022, 08:20:47 PM »
Hogan was the catalyst to the NWOs success. Hall and Nash would have never become what they did without Hollywood. Then Goldberg brought WCW to a whole different level with main stream media. Hall was just perfect time, perfect place, and rode the money wave $$$.

They mutually enforced each other. Hogan was growing stale and turning heel was just what the doctor ordered. But it had to be done the perfect way; or it would have flopped.

With WCW giving the impression that "Razor" and "Diesel" were invading its territory while still being part of the WWF, having the WWF's biggest star join this renegade crew made perfect sense.

If Hogan didn't join them, WCW would have done the same-old, same-old, and misused Hall and Nash, just as they did in the past. Hogan would have continued to be stagnant.

If Hall goes but Nash stays, the NWO doesn't take off at all. Nash claimed he finally decided to leave, because Bret Hart wouldn't take his jackknife during the match at "In Your House: Rage in the Cage". He was supposed to hit Hart with it, try to leave the cage, only to have Undertaker drag him underneath. That allowed the Hitman to exit and keep the title. Instead, Diesel delivered a nutshot, prior to his exit attempt. The Diesel-vs-Undertaker match at WM12 didn't have as much steam because of that, according to Nash.

What if Diesel goes but Razor stays? Still no NWO. I've often thought that Razor would have eventually been WWF champion had he not jumped ship. He was too over and eventually, McMahon would want to put the belt on a big man. With Ultimate Warrior's flameout, I don't think he brings back Sid and pushes him, if Razor is still on the roster.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2022, 04:48:09 AM »
I thought he had his happy ending: Getting cleaned up with DDP, getting back in shape, and going to the HOF in 2014 and in 2020 (with the induction officially occurring at 'Mania last year).

In fact, wasn't he supposed to be part of the festivities this year?
He did get clean but the damage of years of abuse was done.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2022, 06:07:14 PM »
Hogan was the key to the success of NWO, not the catalyst. Scott Hall was the catalyst.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2022, 07:49:47 AM »
They mutually enforced each other. Hogan was growing stale and turning heel was just what the doctor ordered. But it had to be done the perfect way; or it would have flopped.

With WCW giving the impression that "Razor" and "Diesel" were invading its territory while still being part of the WWF, having the WWF's biggest star join this renegade crew made perfect sense.

If Hogan didn't join them, WCW would have done the same-old, same-old, and misused Hall and Nash, just as they did in the past. Hogan would have continued to be stagnant.

If Hall goes but Nash stays, the NWO doesn't take off at all. Nash claimed he finally decided to leave, because Bret Hart wouldn't take his jackknife during the match at "In Your House: Rage in the Cage". He was supposed to hit Hart with it, try to leave the cage, only to have Undertaker drag him underneath. That allowed the Hitman to exit and keep the title. Instead, Diesel delivered a nutshot, prior to his exit attempt. The Diesel-vs-Undertaker match at WM12 didn't have as much steam because of that, according to Nash.

What if Diesel goes but Razor stays? Still no NWO. I've often thought that Razor would have eventually been WWF champion had he not jumped ship. He was too over and eventually, McMahon would want to put the belt on a big man. With Ultimate Warrior's flameout, I don't think he brings back Sid and pushes him, if Razor is still on the roster.
I agree with you here. Hogan needed to turn heel and with Hall and Nash joining it was the perfect recipe. Had Hall stayed with Vince, he would have been washed away into the land of the forgotten.
Hall was the perfect catalist to start the whole WCW invasion thing and the money that he and Nash made was astronomical at the time.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2022, 09:16:28 PM »
I agree with you here. Hogan needed to turn heel and with Hall and Nash joining it was the perfect recipe. Had Hall stayed with Vince, he would have been washed away into the land of the forgotten.
Hall was the perfect catalist to start the whole WCW invasion thing and the money that he, Hall and Nash made was astronomical at the time.

So you don't think McMahon would have made Razor the WWF Champion, especially after Warrior got suspended/fired?

To me, if you still have "The Bad Guy", who was almost as popular as HBK, you don't bring back Sid.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2022, 07:52:56 AM »
So you don't think McMahon would have made Razor the WWF Champion, especially after Warrior got suspended/fired?

To me, if you still have "The Bad Guy", who was almost as popular as HBK, you don't bring back Sid.
Scott Hall was good but I wouldn't have put the big belt on him. He would make more money and fill more houses chasing the belt.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2022, 08:06:51 PM »
     Regardless of what you think of Hall, he had the most difficult finish in WWE history. The Razors Edge was without question the most difficult finish to execute, especially with heavier opponents. Hogan had the ease of a bullshit leg drop, HHH simply fell to his knees for the "pedigree". Even Jake Roberts "DDT" was basically just falling down. Easy as fuck to execute. Jake was pulling the DDT off while high on crack and booze, barely able to stand up in the later days on cheap independent circuits.
     But Scott Hall chooses a move that requires such raw strength, balance, and SO many things that could go wrong, it's a ballsy move.  No one in WWE history took such a chance with a finisher. Snuka with crazy top rope jumps, or Mankind doing crazy punishment to himself is similar, but knowing a finish is coming where you will have to raw lift a 200 + lb. man, like a power clean, then balance him behind your neck for the drama, is simply an AMAZING athlete that is taking a great risk to further his career.  What if you can't get him up? You got tired from the match?  WTF do you do?  You'll get laughed at with some bullshit small package pin. Hall was a legend.  He didn't have to do the move on bigger guys once he got established, but to take such a chance with the hardest finish ever to "make it" required some real dedication and courage. And then the psychology? Do you notice all the guys put in the Razors Edge make a point of extending their arms? Part is for balance, but the wrestlers talk and plan the match before, and this was a metaphoric crucifixion. You were being sacrificed by the move. Hall was working on a different level.