Author Topic: Giants-Saints  (Read 3907 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Giants-Saints
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:02:27 PM »
The spread is +3 gmen i think

the saints kool-aid is making me sick

we have taken down bigger teams before

34--24 giants

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Giants-Saints
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 01:09:07 PM »
hahahah  ;D

giants lose this one 2nd sorry bro it will be a great game to watch though

Im thinking 28 -25 saints...

the giants have played next to nobody thus far...

and the saints are coming off a bye week

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 01:09:53 PM »
The spread is +3 gmen i think

the saints kool-aid is making me sick

we have taken down bigger teams before

34--24 giants

I like your style 8)

body88

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »
This could go either way.  The Giants beat the most powerful offensive team ever when they beat the pats in the 2007 sb..however, just 2 weeks before that, the Pats laid 34 on the Giants at home, pretty easily.

I say Giants win.  Low scoring game.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 02:16:14 PM »
hahahah  ;D

giants lose this one 2nd sorry bro it will be a great game to watch though

Im thinking 28 -25 saints...

the giants have played next to nobody thus far...

and the saints are coming off a bye week

i could say the same about the saints.

they played bums also. Lions, bills...

they stumbled through a win vs the jets and a rook qb. That game was a mess. This is what happens when they play a solid defense. The giants are at the top in the league in defense.

they won in philly with no mcnabb.

look a brees #'s vs GOOD teams in the past 2 years. The numbers dont lie. He accels vs mediocre teams and is average at best vs GOOD teams.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 03:09:15 PM »
i could say the same about the saints.

they played bums also. Lions, bills...

they stumbled through a win vs the jets and a rook qb. That game was a mess. This is what happens when they play a solid defense. The giants are at the top in the league in defense.

they won in philly with no mcnabb.

look a brees #'s vs GOOD teams in the past 2 years. The numbers dont lie. He accels vs mediocre teams and is average at best vs GOOD teams.
in the philly game kolb threw for almost 400 yds...

i agree about the good teams comment and brees, but this season when its come down to the wire he has limited his mistakes unlike in previous years.

we shall see 2nd

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 04:44:42 PM »
colb also threw like 4 picks and one was a pick 6

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 05:10:40 PM »
I'd be more comfortable if The Giants d wasn't so banged up.

...they are missing a starting corner{Ross},starting lb{Boley},starting free safetyPhilips},and 2 d-linemen{Canty,and Alford}
the offense will have everybody and I think they will give the Saints d trouble.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 05:14:54 PM »
our bread and butter has never been our db's its been our front 7.

i think we'll be good

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 12:19:07 PM »
the saints are getting home cooked calls all game long

still, the giants are not playing up to par

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 12:43:07 PM »
the saints are getting home cooked calls all game long

still, the giants are not playing up to par
LOL bro face it the giants have been overhyped im not saying they arent a great team and im not saying the saints are all that but the giants hadnt played anybody till this week.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »
where do you get this shit about the giants being hyped up?

they had the best record in the nfc last year after winning the superbowl the previous year. People knew they were good.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »
This could go either way.  The Giants beat the most powerful offensive team ever when they beat the pats in the 2007 sb..however, just 2 weeks before that, the Pats laid 34 on the Giants at home, pretty easily.

I say Giants win.  Low scoring game.

um, no... that's really not accurate.  the niners championship offenses (and the dallas teams of the 90's) were much more powerful because they controlled the game.  the flaw with the pats, as with every other team that has a "big play" based offense (just like the colts won when peyton handed the ball off more, not when he was throwing records) is that they cannot control the flow of the game. they score a lot, but don't control the game. note that the offense was not powerful enough to win the big game.

the niners west coast offense controlled the game in any which way they wanted.  classic examples of bill walsh saying to jerry rice or brent jones or john taylor,"i don't care if you can break one, just get 4 yds and go down" exhibit what true dominance they had.  unless you own the clock, which the niners did, you're not a complete offense.

The saints will experience the same problem as the explosive, but imbalanced, offenses of the colts and pats record setting years.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 01:01:45 PM »
Also, quit bringing up the schedule.

the parady in the nfl this year is pathetic, its lopsided. Every other team is beating up on the runts of the league.

the giants played bad teams and beat them mercilessly, thats what you do against bad teams.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 01:14:41 PM »
Also, quit bringing up the schedule.

the parady in the nfl this year is pathetic, its lopsided. Every other team is beating up on the runts of the league.

the giants played bad teams and beat them mercilessly, thats what you do against bad teams.
LOL i guess so bro beating the skins by 5, beating dallas by 2, and kansas by 9

i guess we will see as you guys have a number of good teams coming down the pipe...i have a feeling the saints game wont be the last game that was marked for a win but ends up in a loss for the giants.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 01:18:01 PM »
where do you get this shit about the giants being hyped up?

they had the best record in the nfc last year after winning the superbowl the previous year. People knew they were good.

they havent proven anything this year other then they can beat the teams they are supposed to beat, the mark of a good team

like i said im not saying the giants suck what im saying is they arent as good as everyone thinks they are and you sir are proving my point.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »
they havent proven anything this year other then they can beat the teams they are supposed to beat, the mark of a good team

like i said im not saying the giants suck what im saying is they arent as good as everyone thinks they are and you sir are proving my point.

Haha, one bad game against a team at home who is coming off a bye week completely rested and the Giants are hyped for losing? They're still one of the three best teams in the NFC.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 01:26:44 PM »

i guess we will see as you guys have a number of good teams coming down the pipe...i have a feeling the saints game wont be the last game that was marked for a win but ends up in a loss for the giants.

the skins were a tough first week matchup. They always play us tough.

Giants beat dallas by 2 in a hostile enviorment. So you're saying dallas are bums?

they beat kansas by 9 but the score was NOT indicitve of the actual game, nice try.

you also left out..

24-0 bucs

44-7 raiders

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »

for the last time. PEOPLE KNEW THE GIANTS WERE STRONG.

Maybe other forums you visit, people had the giants going 16-0 but most people with a grasp on the nfl knew the giants were solid and took care of business vs weak opponents.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 01:37:56 PM »
Haha, one bad game against a team at home who is coming off a bye week completely rested and the Giants are hyped for losing? They're still one of the three best teams in the NFC.
lol that was part of my point in saying the saints would win this game but you had ppl on here saying they giants would still win.... ::)

LOL you guys are hard of hearing arent you? I NEVER SAID THEY WERENT A GOOD TEAM!!!!!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 01:40:17 PM »
the skins were a tough first week matchup. They always play us tough.

Giants beat dallas by 2 in a hostile enviorment. So you're saying dallas are bums?

they beat kansas by 9 but the score was NOT indicitve of the actual game, nice try.

you also left out..

24-0 bucs

44-7 raiders
LOL nice rationalizations... ;)

again you beat the teams you were supposed to beat, we will see like i said you guys have a good number of upcoming games against tough teams.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 01:42:31 PM »

for the last time. PEOPLE KNEW THE GIANTS WERE STRONG.

Maybe other forums you visit, people had the giants going 16-0 but most people with a grasp on the nfl knew the giants were solid and took care of business vs weak opponents.
I dont visit any other forums as a matter of fact most of my friends had the giants beating the saints even though the saints were coming off a bye week.

the giants are a strong team just not as strong as alot of ppl think they are is all im saying...

you dont have to be a sucky team and have ppl say youre good to be overhyped

the giants are a good team just not as good as alot of ppl think they are.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 04:05:31 PM »
Ugly game :(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 05:13:36 PM »

hate to say it but I told you so...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »
Giants defense killed me this week in fantasy.