Author Topic: What does everyone think about Ultra CLA capsules?  (Read 2942 times)

vanflex

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
What does everyone think about Ultra CLA capsules?
« on: October 28, 2005, 03:37:30 PM »
Is it true that supplementing with Ultra CLA can help with my lean body mass ratio? I am working out 4 days a week and taking 3 capsules a day plus increasing my protein intake. I took creatine once but it just made me bloat up so I was hoping these would help with that. http://store.healthylifemd.com/Detail.bok?no=41

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: What does everyone think about Ultra CLA capsules?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 04:32:09 PM »
I jumped on the CLA bandwagon when it initially became all the rage.  After doing a lot of reading though, it seems as if it simply does not hold up to initial claims.  The "supposed" effective dose is also quite high, making it relatively expensive to take.

To quote Lyle McDonald--- "Time to come to terms with it, if you haven't already: add CLA to the list of stuff that works great on rats/mice and does jack crap for humans". 

Also from Lyle--- "If CLA does anything in humans it will likely have to be mega-dosed to achieve anything even approximating what occurs in mice/rats (who respond between 3-7 times better than humans because of a difference in metabolic rate). So you either have to take 3-7 times as much (at a monstrous cost) or wait 3-7 times as long for the effects to become noticeable."

vanflex

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: What does everyone think about Ultra CLA capsules?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 07:42:21 PM »
I guess it is just like anything else....there is no magic cure....just plain old fashioned hard work. thanks for the input. :)