Author Topic: Lou Ferrigno charges $40 for a picture and is a 'dick' by Brad Jones  (Read 31754 times)

TheShape.

• Getbig V
Re: Lou Ferrigno charges $40 for a picture and is a 'dick' by Brad Jones
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 07:26:28 PM »
I'd love to take a sneak pic of Lou without his permission.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »
It's actually kind of painful to watch Louie trying to act all buddy-buddy with Arnold. Arnie tolerates Ferrigno because of their history, that's all.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 07:30:39 PM »

Here at 2013.. Arnold takes his time so sign free autographs, and that awkward meeting with Lou again!!

notice how little eye contact Arnold makes with Lou, he KNOWS that Lou is an asshole.. therefore avoiding any type of social interaction(doesn't even say good bye to doucheLou)
'$20, $20 for shaking her hand'

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 08:08:40 PM »
I love these badasses "fans" who go online whining how Lou is a dick and is that ... and they're not a fan of him they just go to him "for the fun of it" ...yes, tell me about it.

but as soon as they see the man up close in person they pee in their pants the man does not even smile at them and yet they pay him  for a picture ,
Just to go again online and say how mean rude and a dick Lou is.

LOL

Ferrigno owning bitches, humiliating, and CHARGING them while at it.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHH

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »
From now on 1 dollar if youd like me to directly address you in a thread and 5 dollars if you want me to respond to pms. This includes mods and Ron.

the trainer

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 08:31:13 PM »
Ron,
I don't think it is the $20 I think it is the fact that you pay him $20 for a couple minutes of his time and he is a rude ass. I can remember the first time I met him was at the Arnold and I was like Holy Shit it is Lou Ferrigno. I went up to him asked for an autograph and a picture and he was very very rude and says like a dick "You buy a Book or Poster, then I sign autograph" I looked at my dad and went Holy Shit Lou Ferigno is a Dickhead!!! And then walked away, that was about 97-98.

In 2007 my room was actually 3 doors down from Lou at the Hyatt on Capital Square and I rode the elevator up with him to our floor. I kindly said Hey Lou how is it going? He looked at me and my wife like we were peasants and did not say a word. I looked at my wife and said nice to see he is still a dick!

Screw him, charge what you want but no need to be a Dick to your fans! 

Are you aware that lou is deaf and if he does not look at your lips and read them then he wont hear you.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 08:45:02 PM »
From now on 1 dollar if youd like me to directly address you in a thread and 5 dollars if you want me to respond to pms. This includes mods and Ron.
Hi Lou!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 08:48:26 PM »
Are you aware that lou is deaf and if he does not look at your lips and read them then he wont hear you.

-Interesting point. Have any of you ever attended an event where most of the people were deaf? I once went to a hearing challeged friend's baseball game. The players and much of the audience were deaf folks. I definitely felt like an outsider.

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 10:33:15 PM »

I have met Lou several times over the years. Sometimes he's in a good mood, other times not so much. I just think he is not much of a people person and acts that way towards strangers. My father worked with him on the Incredible Hulk tv show and said he was a nice guy.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 02:41:01 AM »

Yes I am very aware of this and trust me he seen and knew what I said. The guy is just a dick straight up, will never even look twice in his direction again. Trust me its not just me plenty of folks from my gym and team have all had similar experiences.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 02:49:05 AM »
Bill pearl signed his Book Keys to the inner Universe for Free(ok i bought the Book) a real gentleman. Like talking to a Buddy. i said,"Bill can you sign it for me?" .. Bill..."sure Don iŽll do it for you". one of the most polite men iŽve spoke to.

agenda21nwo

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 03:00:35 AM »
Lou Ferrigno has every right to charge for his pictures.  He is a celebrity and it is standard for celebrities to charge for autographs at conventions.  I suppose some GETBIGGERS must have SMALL wallets.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Re: lou ferrigno charge $40 for picture and is a 'dick'
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 04:03:08 AM »
;D

Naw, this was when he was making his comeback. He kept calling Bob Kennedy, asking him to send all his books. Apparently Lou thought he required them for a successful return to the competition stage (?). Bob kept directing the calls to Johnny Fitness, and JF passed them off to me.

"Just deal with him, Fortress. Please." said Johnny.

So twat Ferrigno badgered the frick outta me about the damn books, this and that.

Despite my being very professional and polite, Lou was a loud, rude and demanding prick, and he spoke to me as if I was somehow his assistant to cater to his every whim.

To rid ourselves of the nuisance (and because Bob was generous), Bob had me bundle up all his books up to that time and send them along. It cost a huge amount. Never did Lou offer to pay for the shipping or ANYTHING.

Unless he was going to inject them what help would they give

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 12:51:10 PM »
Lou Ferrigno has every right to charge for his pictures.  He is a celebrity and it is standard for celebrities to charge for autographs at conventions.  I suppose some GETBIGGERS must have SMALL wallets.

I cannot imagine paying for anyone's signature. It just doesn't seem that important. Celebrities come and go. The last time I went to a celebrity star studded event it was the premier of Cleopatra and the Egyptian theater on Hollywood Boulevard in 1963. It was a Zoo. I didn't get or ask for anyone's signature.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 01:22:46 PM »

$

MikMaq

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2014, 01:32:49 PM »
To those of you that have not been to a Comic Con or to a fan convention.  The tv and movie stars that are there charge $40 or so for a pic and to meet them.  Hell, Patrick Stewart charged $80 at one convention.   For a meet and great, and to take pics of them, that was another $40 or so.

At bodybuilding and UFC expos, usually there is no charge to take a pic of the person, and sometimes $10 for an autograph. Lou charges $20.

Get over it... the best thing about it is that you can say 'no'.

Simple as that.

X2

He's the only real bodybuilder to ever make it big.

Arnold did so too, but it was mostly through the back door.

Lou actually got famous because of his body, not his social skills.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »
brad jones aka the cinema snob recounts his recent meeting with lou at some con

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
guy should consider himself blessed..... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2014, 02:01:51 PM »
I'd bet the house that Lou actually has Asperger syndrome. Lou is basically a high functioning autistic...Doesn't have the ability to have empathy. Watching him on Trumps reality show really brought this out to the world...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 02:06:04 PM »
Plenty of people must be stupid enough to pay as the big dumb ugly cun t has been pulling this shit for years. I'd sooner use the 20 to buy Shizzo vodka than pay for this shitbag or any one else's name on a bit of paper

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
guy should consider himself blessed..... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Hi Lou

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2014, 02:08:46 PM »
Only if you REALLY knew what was going on.  Sheep. Wake up.

MikMaq

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »
I'd bet the house that Lou actually has Asperger syndrome. Lou is basically a high functioning autistic...Doesn't have the ability to have empathy. Watching him on Trumps reality show really brought this out to the world...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

Would not surprise me in the least.

But be fucking clear, lack of empathy does not mean we are like the pyscopath(cough cough Arnold)

Autistic people in general have a naturally superior sense of right and wrong.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2014, 07:42:55 PM »
Bill pearl signed his Book Keys to the inner Universe for Free(ok i bought the Book) a real gentleman. Like talking to a Buddy. i said,"Bill can you sign it for me?" .. Bill..."sure Don iŽll do it for you". one of the most polite men iŽve spoke to.

Don't even get me started on Mr. Pearl. THAT man is one of the finest gentlemen I have ever met. He is wise, friendly, professional, and exudes class in every sense.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2014, 08:00:51 PM »

I have met Lou several times over the years. Sometimes he's in a good mood, other times not so much. I just think he is not much of a people person and acts that way towards strangers. My father worked with him on the Incredible Hulk tv show and said he was a nice guy.

I have same impression about him looking awkward with people. Might be a result of childhood dominated by strict and controllable dad.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2014, 08:01:42 PM »
Made it about a minute into that vid. Dude sounds like a sniveling homo.

Who the fuck says "con" instead of convention?