Author Topic: Diss a "gay", go to jail?  (Read 7373 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Diss a "gay", go to jail?
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 03:58:44 PM »
agreed a horrible tragedy.

but to make any analysis of the numbers, any vocal questioning of it a crime?  

Speaks volumes along the lines of a coverup.

Four million to 1.1 million at Auschwitz alone?  Damn, that would cut the SIX million number in HALF.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 04:02:41 PM »

Four million to 1.1 million at Auschwitz alone?  Damn, that would cut the SIX million number in HALF.

The worst part is that it goes in line with the President of Iran's thoughts on the Holocaust... Who would want to agree with that guy?

*sigh*

Still, even if it's 1 million or 2 million, does the fact that any group was exterminated "less than though" based upon their religious beliefs or their looks make it any less atrocious?

Just wondering.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 04:11:36 PM »
Gay Bashing, in any form through media, should be punishable by law just as racist slurs.

-Hedge

Oh brother...

There's nothing wrong with racial slurs. People should have the right to be racist, it should be legal. What shouldn't be legal is them using their prejudice to deny other people, or impede their freedoms.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 04:14:04 PM »
Oh brother...

There's nothing wrong with racial slurs. People should have the right to be racist, it should be legal. What shouldn't be legal is them using their prejudice to deny other people, or impede their freedoms.

I was not aware that racial slurs were illegal.

I was under the impression that the KKK uses slurs in print media all of the time (not that I've ever SEEN it).

I don't see too many of them going to jail for it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 04:28:27 PM »
The worst part is that it goes in line with the President of Iran's thoughts on the Holocaust... Who would want to agree with that guy?
Still, even if it's 1 million or 2 million, does the fact that any group was exterminated "less than though" based upon their religious beliefs or their looks make it any less atrocious?

It's a horrible thing.

But who knows what the numbers would end up being if peolpe WERE allowed to talk about it.  It just went from 6 mil to 3 mil.  Why would they exaggerate it?  If they didn't why wouldn't they be open to searching for more accurate numbers?  That's 50% of the total removed by one study.  Imagine what 100 more studies would show?  but they would label anyone who wanted to do that has in bed with iran.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 04:30:20 PM »
I was not aware that racial slurs were illegal.

I was under the impression that the KKK uses slurs in print media all of the time (not that I've ever SEEN it).

I don't see too many of them going to jail for it.

Did I say they were? I was making my point to Hedge that racial slurs should never be illegal.

There was history channel special about the KKK and they were saying stuff like "naggers, kikes, spics." But their right to free speech was protected by the mayor of Cleveland, who btw was black.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 04:32:27 PM »
Did I say they were? I was making my point to Hedge that racial slurs should never be illegal.

There was history channel special about the KKK and they were saying stuff like "naggers, kikes, spics." But their right to free speech was protect by the mayor of Cleveland, who btw was black.

I somehow misread the intent... no big.

I agree with anyone protecting the freedom of speech... at all costs.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 04:36:18 PM »

Four million to 1.1 million at Auschwitz alone?  Damn, that would cut the SIX million number in HALF.

To be fair though, no info about Auschwitz was available for a long time, since it was located in an eastern bloc country and the Soviets had their own reasons for wanting the numbers to be up there.

No, definitely not!  And I think that's a great part of the reason Europeans are more sensitive about racism, what is hate crime, etc... But they have born the brunt of the worst of two World Wars, so perhaps there is a point to it from their POV.

It does seem that there is a growing backlash to the info-stifling though... if you say something on the internet vis-a-vis hate propaganda from your home in Druckessville USA, and then step foot in one of several European countries, you could be prosecuted, regardless of your nationality and the fact that you hated from another country. This may be contributing to the backlash.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 04:44:58 PM »
To be fair though, no info about Auschwitz was available for a long time, since it was located in an eastern bloc country and the Soviets had their own reasons for wanting the numbers to be up there.

True... The Soviets lost so many during world war II, they can make up any number they want to.

No, definitely not!  And I think that's a great part of the reason Europeans are more sensitive about racism, what is hate crime, etc... But they have born the brunt of the worst of two World Wars, so perhaps there is a point to it from their POV.

It does seem that there is a growing backlash to the info-stifling though... if you say something on the internet vis-a-vis hate propaganda from your home in Druckessville USA, and then step foot in one of several European countries, you could be prosecuted, regardless of your nationality and the fact that you hated from another country. This may be contributing to the backlash.

I'm sure... It doesn't really affect me as I am not a hateful person at all, but I don't think it's at all right to be prosecuting people for  speaking their minds.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 05:23:25 PM »

Why in god's name would some Euro-trash country think they have jurisdiction over that??  They may be able to control what I do while I'm in their country, but what I type into my computer sitting in my living room in Houston, TX is none of their business, period.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 05:30:14 PM »
It is in Europe, and if certain people get their way will be in the US, in violation of the Constitution.  Good thing Kramer wasn't performng in Stockholm or Berlin.

That's insane.  Another reason to cherish living in this great country. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »
Gay Bashing, in any form through media, should be punishable by law just as racist slurs.

These should all go under some form of discrimination law.

The amount to pay in fines is another issue. But discriminating guys are just as bad "regular" discrimination.

BUT:

We also live in real world. All that fags want I suppose, is to not feel afraid and discriminated.

They want to be able to be as open as any of us hetero's with their choice of partners.

And why shouldn't they? Anyone who lives in a Western Civilized Democracy should acknowledge their rights to do just that, and oppose any hate crimes against guys.

Why fags are fruity in general, frequently speaks with a lisp et al, is a completely different topic, but I won't let that extremely irritating fact cloud my judgement.

-Hedge

it won't cloud you judgement until on eof those FAGS rapes your son...then you will see the light. Have you ever seen a gay parade??? SINFUL to say the lease. Exhibitionism at its worst..glorification of ANAL SEX is all that is promoted...what kind of messsage does that send and what benefit to society does it bring?
C

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 05:53:26 PM »
it won't cloud you judgement until on eof those FAGS rapes your son...then you will see the light. Have you ever seen a gay parade??? SINFUL to say the lease. Exhibitionism at its worst..glorification of ANAL SEX is all that is promoted...what kind of messsage does that send and what benefit to society does it bring?

You do realize that almost ALL pedophiles are "heterosexuals" right?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 05:56:48 PM »
Let's not confuse the issue here by turning this into a debate on homosexuality or racism...  this thread is about free speech and how it is currently under attack by the "PC" crowd.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 05:57:36 PM »
You do realize that almost ALL pedophiles are "heterosexuals" right?

You've seen statistics that say this?  

What about members of the North American Man-Boy Love Association?  (I think that's the name.)  

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2007, 05:59:20 PM »

Have you ever been to the sex board on Getbig?  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2007, 06:00:36 PM »
Let's not confuse the issue here by turning this into a debate on homosexuality or racism...  this thread is about free speech and how it is currently under attack by the "PC" crowd.

YES goatboy let's not forget this thread is about my right to say things like ni66er and fag without some PC asshole sticking his gay black nose into my rights!!  8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2007, 06:02:11 PM »
You've seen statistics that say this? 

What about members of the North American Man-Boy Love Association?  (I think that's the name.) 

Hey, dont' get me wrong... I don't agree with pedophilia at all.

http://www.bluegrassfairness.org/pages/TP-pedophilia.asp

Sources are cited.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »

Why in god's name would some Euro-trash country think they have jurisdiction over that??  They may be able to control what I do while I'm in their country, but what I type into my computer sitting in my living room in Houston, TX is none of their business, period.

It's teh law, Goatboy.   :-\

Can an American citizen be subject to criminal charges abroad for sending or posting material that is illegal in other countries?

In most countries, hate speech does not receive the same constitutional protection as it does in the United States. In Germany, for example, it is illegal to promote Nazi ideology, and in many European countries, it is illegal to deny the reality of the Holocaust. Authorities in Denmark, France, Britain, Germany, and Canada have brought charges for crimes involving hate speech on the Internet. While national borders have little meaning in cyberspace, Internet users who export material that is illegal in some foreign countries may be subject to prosecution under certain circumstances. American citizens who post material on the Internet that is illegal in a foreign country could be prosecuted if they subjected themselves to the jurisdiction of that country or of another country whose extradition laws would allow for arrest and deportation. However, under American law, the United States will not extradite a person for engaging in a constitutionally protected activity even if that activity violates a criminal law elsewhere.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2007, 06:03:42 PM »
YES goatboy let's not forget this thread is about my right to say things like ni66er and fag without some PC asshole sticking his gay black nose into my rights!!  8)

It may not even be that....  it's also about my right to legitimately discuss whether it was actually 4 million, rather than 6 million jews killed in the holocaust, my right to say the word "homosexual" rather than "gay", and my right to put a .gif cartoon of Cartman dressed as Hitler in my profile avatar, all without being hauled off to jail!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2007, 06:07:29 PM »
It may not even be that....  it's also about my right to legitimately discuss whether it was actually 4 million, rather than 6 million jews killed in the holocaust, my right to say the word "homosexual" rather than "gay", and my right to put a .gif cartoon of Cartman dressed as Hitler in my profile avatar, all without being hauled off to jail!
yes that is the point!!!! Freedom of speech should be just that, free. I fyou don't like what some has to say turn the channel, walk away, join in debate, do something besides whine like a girl on the rag!!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2007, 06:07:45 PM »
It's teh law, Goatboy.   :-\

Can an American citizen be subject to criminal charges abroad for sending or posting material that is illegal in other countries?

In most countries, hate speech does not receive the same constitutional protection as it does in the United States. In Germany, for example, it is illegal to promote Nazi ideology, and in many European countries, it is illegal to deny the reality of the Holocaust. Authorities in Denmark, France, Britain, Germany, and Canada have brought charges for crimes involving hate speech on the Internet. While national borders have little meaning in cyberspace, Internet users who export material that is illegal in some foreign countries may be subject to prosecution under certain circumstances. American citizens who post material on the Internet that is illegal in a foreign country could be prosecuted if they subjected themselves to the jurisdiction of that country or of another country whose extradition laws would allow for arrest and deportation. However, under American law, the United States will not extradite a person for engaging in a constitutionally protected activity even if that activity violates a criminal law elsewhere.

I still question the jurisdiction.  How an I "exporting" anything if I make a posting from Texas, to Getbig's server which is in California, and a person in France later accesses Getbig's California server and reads what I had to say?  Is it now incumbent on every internet user to know the laws of all 200+ countries in the world (many of which conflict with each other), just to post on the internet from their own living room to a domestic server?  Everyone except your average Euro would agree that that's absurd!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2007, 06:10:29 PM »
yes that is the point!!!! Freedom of speech should be just that, free. I fyou don't like what some has to say turn the channel, walk away, join in debate, do something besides whine like a girl on the rag!!!!

We are fortunate enough to live in a land that has complete freedom of speech (well, except for yelling fire or threatening the president), but even "free" countries around the globe are not completely free.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2007, 06:14:31 PM »
We are fortunate enough to live in a land that has complete freedom of speech (well, except for yelling fire or threatening the president), but even "free" countries around the globe are not completely free.

Which is why we need to zealously guard that freedom, since we seem to be the last bastion of freedom left, and since fascists like Sheila Jackson-Lee (the congresswoman from the original post) try to whittle away at that freedom all the time.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2007, 06:15:58 PM »
Which is why we need to zealously guard that freedom, since we seem to be the last bastion of freedom left, and since fascists like Sheila Jackson-Lee (the congresswoman from the original post) try to whittle away at that freedom all the time.

Agreed 100 percent...