Author Topic: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth aka Weekend at Biden's Thread  (Read 103203 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth Thread
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2009, 08:32:38 AM »
biden said he wouldn't let his own kin get on a subway car of plane, right?

Honesty.  ya gotta admire it.

Yes,we should admire a guy trying to destroy the travel industry.No need to worry about the economy,the stimulous is working like a charm.If Palin had said that you would be on here saying she is a retard.Your very predictable.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2009, 09:16:56 AM »
Yes,we should admire a guy trying to destroy the travel industry.No need to worry about the economy,the stimulous is working like a charm.If Palin had said that you would be on here saying she is a retard.Your very predictable.

He tried to destory the travel industry?

Um, he is the only guy shooting us straight about the risk in confined areas.

You're shitting on him for being honest?  hey, when there is a pandemic, it's NOT a good time to fly.  Should he deceive us like Whitman/EPA did after 911 and tell us the air is clean and safe to breathe?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2009, 09:23:31 AM »
He tried to destory the travel industry?

Um, he is the only guy shooting us straight about the risk in confined areas.

You're shitting on him for being honest?  hey, when there is a pandemic, it's NOT a good time to fly.  Should he deceive us like Whitman/EPA did after 911 and tell us the air is clean and safe to breathe?

There has been ONE death in this country from swine flu!!!ONE DEATH!!!!This clown is telling people not to fly on planes and not to take the subway.He is the second most powerful man in the world!!Only you think it was honest.The white house appologised for it and his office back peddled from it.

By the way,Joe Biden,a known plagerist,a known liar[no one remembers that meeting with Bush, and his lies about his wifes death still stand]has never told the truth about anything.He is a serial liar and exagerater.Again,if Palin had said it you would be ape shit.In fact,you went ape shit after her Couric interview and defended Bidens performance on Couric.You remember when he said "when FDR WAS PRESIDENT IN 1929 HE WENT ON TV..."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2009, 01:23:44 PM »
Biden: Unions Are Way to Rebuild Middle Class

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:40 PM

WASHINGTON -- Vice President Joe Biden tells union leaders the best way to rebuild the middle class is to help labor unions grow.

Biden says the White House is committed to passing a bill that would make it easier for workers to form unions.

The Employee Free Choice Act is organized labor's top priority this year, but business groups are adamantly opposed. Senate lawmakers are working on a compromise version of the measure they hope can garner 60 votes to overcome an expected GOP filibuster.

Biden made his remarks at a conference of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, which has about 1.6 million members.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/us_biden_labor/2009/05/12/213466.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2009, 12:10:49 PM »
Bump.   :o

Vice President Joe Biden, well-known for his verbal gaffes, may have finally outdone himself, divulging potentially classified information meant to save the life of a sitting vice president.

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

The bunker is believed to be the secure, undisclosed location former Vice President Dick Cheney remained under protection in secret after the 9/11 attacks.

Eleanor Clift, Newsweek magazine's Washington contributing editor, said Biden revealed the location while filling in for President Obama at the dinner, who, along with Grover Cleveland, is the only president to skip the gathering.

According to Clift's report on the Newsweek blog, Biden "said a young naval officer giving him a tour of the residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment."

Clift continued: "The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed, an image that Biden conveyed in a way that suggested we shouldn't be surprised that the policies that emerged were off the wall."

In December 2002, neighbors complained of loud construction work being done at the Naval Observatory, which has been used as a residence by vice presidents since 1974.

The upset neighbors were sent a letter by the observatory's superintendent, calling the work "sensitive in nature" and "classified" and that it was urgent it be completed "on a highly accelerated schedule."

Residents said they believed workers were digging deep into the ground, which would support Biden's report of a secret bunker, but officials never confirmed the purpose of the work performed.

The revelation is the latest from Biden, who has a long history of political blunders.

Most recently, he said in a televised interview that if a family member asked him about traveling he'd advise staying away from public transportation or confined spaces to avoid swine flu -- a remark described as "borderline fearmongering" by an airline spokesman.

Hes MUCH smarter then Palin.lol.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2009, 11:39:08 AM »
Who knew?  lol . . . .

Obama 'Distracted' by Biden's 'Indiscipline,' Book Asserts
The president is so "distracted by his vice president's indiscipline" that he has been forced to rebuke privately Vice President Biden, according to a new book by Richard Wolffe.

By Bill Sammon

FOXNews.com

Thursday, May 21, 2009

President Obama is so "distracted by his vice president's indiscipline" that he has been forced to rebuke privately Vice President Joe Biden, according to a new book by Newsweek journalist Richard Wolffe, who interviewed Obama a dozen times.

"He can't keep his mouth shut," Wolffe quotes a "senior Obama aide" as saying of the gaffe-prone Biden in "Renegade: The Making of a President," set for release June 2.

As evidence, Wolffe reports that during the presidential transition period, Biden insulted Valerie Jarrett, one of Obama's closest friends and confidantes. Jarrett had been considered Obama's top choice to fill his vacated Senate seat in Illinois, but took herself out of the running just hours after Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich allegedly told a wiretapped conference call he would not heed any Obama recommendation without a payoff.

"Soon after Jarrett pulled out of consideration for the Senate seat, the senior transition team met to discuss Cabinet picks," Wolffe writes.

"Biden tried to compliment Jarrett after one contribution. 'You should be in the Senate,' he quipped. After the meeting, as everyone returned to their offices, Obama stopped Biden to warn him not to say anything like that again. 'It's not funny,' he told him."

Obama ended up naming Jarrett a senior presidential adviser. After taking her post in the White House, Jarrett remarked on her boss' private communications with his inner circle.

"Very few people have his BlackBerry e-mail," she told Wolffe. "And they are very careful about using it."

In an e-mail sent to FOX News on Thursday, Jarrett said she took no offense to Biden's remark.

"Any suggestion that I was insulted by the vice president's gracious comments regarding my potential for public service is ridiculous. I was very flattered by his kind words at the time, and enjoy working closely with him in the White House," Jarrett said.

Although Obama was ranked as the most liberal member of the Senate by National Journal magazine, he had high praise for former President Ronald Reagan, a staunch conservative.

"Reagan would probably go down as a great president," Wolffe quotes Obama as saying.
"I don't think there's any doubt that Ronald Reagan had a profound effect on our economy, on our politics, on our culture."

Wolffe describes Obama's youth as "filled with drink and drugs and lazy days in Hawaii." But he said that all changed when Obama attended Columbia University in New York.

"That's when I stopped drinking. I stopped partying," Obama said. "This was my ascetic phase. Everything was stripped down."

Obama, who will travel to Egypt next month to give a major speech to the Muslim world, told Wolffe he wants to convene a "Muslim summit."

"If I had a Muslim summit, I think that I can speak credibly to them about the fact that I respect their culture," Obama said, "that I understand their religion, that I have lived in a Muslim country, and as a consequence I know it is possible to reconcile Islam with modernity and respect for human rights and a rejection of violence. And I think I can speak with added credibility."

The son of a white mother and black father, Obama said his election does not solve America's racial challenges.

"Solving our racial problems in this country will require concrete steps, significant investment," he said. "We have a lot of work to do to overcome the long legacy of slavery and Jim Crow. It can't be purchased on the cheap.

"I am fundamentally optimistic about our capacity to do that," he added. "And I do assert that there is a core decency in the American people and in white Americans that makes me hopeful about our ability to deal with these issues. But these issues aren't just solved by electing a black president."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/20/obama-distracted-bidens-indiscipline-book-asserts/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 07:54:59 AM »
Obama gets mocked -- by Biden

(CNN) — Joe Biden couldn't help but take a dig at his boss Wednesday when one of the vice president's teleprompter screens fell down during his commencement speech at the U.S. Air Force Academy.

"What am I gonna tell the president?" Biden said as a gust of wind knocked down his left teleprompter. "I'm gonna tell him his teleprompter is broken. What will he do then?"

The off-handed quip immediately drew laughter and some the loudest cheers of day from the graduates.

Obama has long been criticized from Republicans for at times appearing over reliant on a teleprompter, even during short and informal speeches. During the White House Correspondents Association dinner earlier this month, the president himself poked fun at his penchant for using a teleprompter.

"You know I had an entire speech prepared for this wonderful occasion, but now that I am here, I am going to try something a little different — I am going to speak from the heart," Obama said jokingly as his teleprompter rose from the floor.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 08:38:06 AM »
Obama gets mocked -- by Biden

(CNN) — Joe Biden couldn't help but take a dig at his boss Wednesday when one of the vice president's teleprompter screens fell down during his commencement speech at the U.S. Air Force Academy.

"What am I gonna tell the president?" Biden said as a gust of wind knocked down his left teleprompter. "I'm gonna tell him his teleprompter is broken. What will he do then?"

The off-handed quip immediately drew laughter and some the loudest cheers of day from the graduates.

Obama has long been criticized from Republicans for at times appearing over reliant on a teleprompter, even during short and informal speeches. During the White House Correspondents Association dinner earlier this month, the president himself poked fun at his penchant for using a teleprompter.

"You know I had an entire speech prepared for this wonderful occasion, but now that I am here, I am going to try something a little different — I am going to speak from the heart," Obama said jokingly as his teleprompter rose from the floor.

Yep,hes the guy thats MUCH smarter then Palin!!!lol!!!

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 08:47:01 AM »
Yep,hes the guy thats MUCH smarter then Palin!!!lol!!!

He may be a dumbass and a loose cannon, but at least he doesn't believe his pastor can chase out evil spirits.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2009, 08:51:14 AM »
He may be a dumbass and a loose cannon, but at least he doesn't believe his pastor can chase out evil spirits.

No he only believes people in wheel chairs are going to stand up like Lazarus.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2009, 08:53:26 AM »
No he only believes people in wheel chairs are going to stand up like Lazarus.

Does he really? If so, why do Americans keep electing such dimwits?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2009, 08:57:33 AM »
Does he really? If so, why do Americans keep electing such dimwits?

Here you go: 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2009, 01:13:14 PM »
Here you go: 

I can't believe this man is VP.   :-\

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
More for the Joe Biden foot in mouth thread
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 08:18:11 PM »
Beach add or merge when u can.

Asked by Jonathan Riskind of the Columbus Dispatch to explain how the White House determined these numbers, Biden said that the Council of Economic Advisers makes its estimates based on measuring what the U.S. employment level would have been without the stimulus, and then comparing it to the nation’s actual employment level.

I’m sorry I’m not an economist,” Biden said as he was describing the methodology. “My background is in foreign policy and the constitution,"

Gee Joe ur VP. I fail to remember Darth Chaney ever saying he didn't know policy.

Vice President Joe Biden may have crossed the line when he assured national law enforcement groups Monday that Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor "has your back."

The remark quickly stirred criticism in the legal world, since Biden was making a pledge that a fair and objective justice would not necessarily be able to keep.

Biden made the remark at an assembly of eight law enforcement groups after he detailed Sotomayor's tough-on-crime record in the courtroom.

"There's a part of her record that seems to be, up to now, been flying under the radar a bit. And that's her tough stance on criminals and her unyielding commitment to finding justice for the victims of crime," Biden said.

He then repeatedly said, "She gets it," and sought to assure the law enforcement groups that she would be on their side.

"So you all are on the front lines. But as you do your job, know that Judge Sotomayor has your back as well," Biden said. "And throughout this nomination process, I know you'll have her back."

John Wesley Hall, president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, said Biden didn't do himself any favors with that remark, since it's likely to generate more critical questions for Sotomayor during confirmation hearings.

"That (comment) means that she could probably care less about civil liberties and just do whatever law enforcement wants," Hall said.

Hall said Sotomayor probably doesn't sign on to Biden's remark, though.

L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2009, 11:40:11 AM »
US Vice President Biden hits nerve in Russia (Biden: Russia is a weakened nation)
WaPo ^ | July 27, 2009 | By LYNN BERRY

Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 6:45:43 PM by Islander7

MOSCOW -- An interview U.S. Vice President Joe Biden gave to an American newspaper was front-page news Monday in Moscow, where his characterization of Russia as a weakened nation hit a raw nerve.

Biden said Russia's economic difficulties are likely to make the Kremlin more willing to cooperate with the United States on a range of national security issues.

"I think we vastly underestimate the hand that we hold," he said in an interview to The Wall Street Journal published Saturday.

Biden's comments appeared to catch the Kremlin by surprise, coming less than three weeks after President Barack Obama said on a visit to Moscow that the U.S. wants to see a "strong, peaceful and prosperous Russia."

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________

What a moron. 

But smarter than Palin right????

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2009, 10:44:02 AM »
He actually said the right (no comment).   :o

Gaffe-prone Biden avoids weighing in on Obama verbal slip
Posted: September 17th, 2009 12:55 PM ET

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) – The famously free-wheeling Joe Biden found himself in an unaccustomed situation Thursday: asked to comment on a White House gaffe that wasn't his own.

The vice president was asked by CNN what he thought of President Obama's unguarded moment earlier this week, when he was caught calling entertainer Kanye West a "jackass" for grabbing the microphone from teenage singer Taylor Swift at MTV's Video Music Awards.

Biden responded cautiously. "I honestly didn't know that. I have no comment on that," he told CNN's Chris Lawrence, adding with a laugh: "For someone who occasionally says things that I shouldn't say, I have no comment."

How does it feel to be on the observing end of an administration verbal slip? "Well first of all, (Obama) very seldom has a slip of the tongue," said Biden. "But I really can't comment. I truly don't know the incident. I heard it for the first time from you."

Biden is in Iraq this week, his third visit to that nation so far this year.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2010, 11:42:09 AM »
Courtesy of 33:

[/youtube]

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2010, 11:47:13 AM »
are we really supposed to take this guy seriously

Biden whispered it the ear of Obama

BFD

btw - I'm actually in agreement with this idiot in the video

let's hear the word FUCK on TV

I'd have no problem with that

you're fine with that too right Bum

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2010, 11:51:15 AM »
Why is bob a moron? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »
The guy is a retard, but yes... He's right.

The F word is no big deal... Not to me.

Remember the FCC was jumping up and down over Janet Jackson's tit during the super bowl because those crazy Christians got offended.

Were you offended by Janet's boob Beach?

Absolutely.  I missed it live because my cable went out  >:( but when I saw the replay I said no way should a saggy boob like that be allowed on TV.  Outrageous.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2010, 12:14:14 PM »
Teenager takes Biden to task over cuss word
Posted: March 27th, 2010
(CNN) - A 17-year-old student from South Pasadena High School in California took Vice President Joe Biden to task Friday for his use of an un-choice word this week whispered into the ear of President Barack Obama.

"This is a huge deal," McKay Hatch told reporters. "Many kids and adults all over the world look up to Vice President Biden as a role model. He needs to be a good role model for kids and use clean and appropriate language."

Hatch was referring to Biden's "This is a big f............ deal" sotto-voce remark Tuesday to his boss during the signing of the health care bill that was picked up by microphones and amplified around the world.

Hatch called on Biden to apologize, then packed a "No Cussing Club" T-shirt, wrist bands and penalty jar into a box and carried it to the local post office, cameras documenting his every move and utterance. His goal: "to remind him to use good language."

Hatch said he was not opposed to Biden exercising his First Amendment rights. "He has the freedom of speech to say what he wants, but he can't choose the consequences of what he says," the student said. "We need as a country to get back to the basic values and come together and treat people with civility."

Hatch acknowledged that even he is not perfect. "I'm just trying to ask him, you know, think about what you're saying next time. This is about self-control. He's doing a good job; I'm just asking him, you know, try a
little harder."

Hatch's Web site, nocussing.com, claims more than 35,000 members and lists his more than 100 appearances on local and national television programs.

It also sells his book "The No-Cussing Club" ($19.95 + $5.50 postage and handling) and his DVD "The Story of the No-Cussing Club ($29.95 +$6 postage and handling) for sale.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/27/teenager-takes-biden-to-task-over-cuss-word/?fbid=54YJ106g8kS#more-96990

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2010, 01:24:54 AM »
Biden: We're In A "Depression"
RealClearPolitics ^ | April 30, 2010 | RealClearPolitics

Posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 3:27:50 PM by ianschwartz

Vice President Biden is in Colorado today to talk about jobs. Earlier today President Obama said "we're moving forward. Our economy is stronger. That economic heartbeat is growing stronger.”

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/04/30/biden_were_in_a_depression.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2010, 09:12:42 AM »
Biden Says Brussels Could Be 'Capital of the Free World'
FOXNews.com

It's not unheard of for Vice President Biden to get lost in the moment, but during a speech earlier this month to the European Parliament his flattery of the host may have gone a bit overboard, ceding Washington, D.C.'s role as the world's center of liberty.

It's not unheard of for Vice President Biden to get lost in the moment, but during a speech earlier this month to the European Parliament his flattery of the host may have gone a bit overboard, ceding Washington, D.C.'s role as the world's center of liberty.

The U.S. vice president, opening his address in Belgium, argued that Brussels -- considering its rich history and abundance of international institutions -- could well be the "capital of the free world."

He suggested that Washington, D.C., his home, is undeserving of that title -- notwithstanding its wealth of global organizations and the countless international summits that take place there.

"As you probably know, some American politicians and American journalists refer to Washington, D.C. as the 'capital of the free world,'" Biden said. "But it seems to me that in this great city, which boasts 1,000 years of history and which serves as the capital of Belgium, the home of the European Union, and the headquarters for NATO, this city has its own legitimate claim to that title."

Biden's trip to Europe in early May came in the immediate aftermath of the attempted Times Square bombing and his comings and goings were not widely reported. The above comment was made during his May 6 address to the European Parliament.

Biden used the speech to discuss tackling the threats of nuclear proliferation, climate change and international terrorism and stress the importance of the United States' alliance with Europe.

"We need each other more now than we have ever," Biden said.

Biden said he was "particularly honored" to address the body, "as a lawmaker for more than 36 years in our parliament."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/25/biden-says-brussels-capital-free-world/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2010, 09:14:05 AM »
List of Biden's Political Blunders
FOXNews.com

The following is a list of Vice President Biden's notable gaffes and moments of candor.

-- On May 6, 2010, Vice President Biden said in an address to the European Parliament in Belgium that Brussels could be the "capital of the free world."

The comment came at the top of a speech used to discuss the threats of nuclear proliferation, climate change and international terrorism.

"As you probably know, some American politicians and American journalists refer to Washington, D.C. as the 'capital of the free world,'" Biden said. "But it seems to me that in this great city, which boasts 1,000 years of history and which serves as the capital of Belgium, the home of the European Union, and the headquarters for NATO, this city has its own legitimate claim to that title."

-- On March 23, 2010, Biden stated the obvious when he told President Obama, "This is a big f---ing deal," during the bill-signing ceremony for the health insurance overhaul. Biden apparently thought the exchange was private, but the television microphones picked it up. The president must have realized what happened -- Biden later said in an interview that Obama was "laughing like the devil" after the event.

-- On March 17, 2010, Biden used a St. Patrick's Day celebration at the White House to honor the memory of the Irish prime minister's mother -- though she was alive.

"God rest her soul," Biden said as he introduced Brian Cowen and Obama. Biden quickly corrected his mistake, noting that Cowen's father, not mother, was dead.

"Wait ... your mom's still, your mom is still alive. It was your dad (who) passed. God bless her soul. I gotta get this straight," Biden said.

-- On July 16, 2009, Biden gave a blunt summation of the administration's approach to stimulus spending.

"People, when I say that, look at me and say, 'What are you talking about, Joe? You're telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?" he said at a stop in Virginia. "The answer is yes."

-- On July 5, 2009, in an interview with ABC's "This Week," Biden conceded that the White House team "misread how bad the economy was." His confession came as unemployment hit 9.5 percent, despite the administration's insistence that it would hold to 8 percent with the stimulus plan.

-- On April 30, 2009, Biden gave advice on dealing with swine flu that seemed to contradict President Obama's warning not to panic. Speaking on NBC's "Today," Biden, a longtime Amtrak rider who has commuted for decades daily from Delaware to Washington, D.C., said he wouldn't advise family necessarily against going to Mexico, the source of the H1N1 outbreak, but he wouldn't tell them to get into any small area like a subway car, automobile, classroom or airplane.

"I would tell members of my family, and I have, I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places right now," Biden said. "It's not that its going to Mexico, it's that you are in a confined aircraft when one person sneezes, it goes everywhere through the aircraft. That's me."

-- On March 13, 2009, Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, "An hour late, oh give me a f----ing break," after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president's expletive was caught on a live microphone.

-- During a Feb. 25, 2009, interview on CBS' "Early Show," Biden encouraged viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending. When asked for the site's web address, Biden could not remember the site's "number."

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

-- At a Jan. 30, 2009, swearing-in ceremony of senior White House staff, Biden mocked Chief Justice John Roberts for his presidential oath blunder on Inauguration Day.

"Am I doing this again?" Biden said, after Obama asked him to administer the oath. When Biden was told the swearing-in was for senior staff -- and not cabinet members -- the vice president quipped, "My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts," prompting a stern nudge from Obama.

-- On Inauguration Day, Jan. 20 2009, Biden misspoke when he told a cheering crowd of supporters, "Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart." Justice John Paul Stevens -- not Stewart -- swore Biden in as vice president.

-- When criticizing former GOP nominee John McCain in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 15, 2008, Biden said, "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."

-- In a Sept. 22, 2008, CBS interview, Biden misspoke when he said Franklin D. Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed in 1929.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened," he said.

Herbert Hoover -- not Roosevelt -- was president in 1929, and television had not yet been invented in 1929.

-- During a Sept. 12, 2008, speech in Columbia, Mo., Biden called for Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham, who is wheelchair-bound, to "stand up."

"Oh, God love ya," Biden said, after realizing his mistake. "What am I talking about?"

-- At a Sept. 10, 2008, town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., Biden said, "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

-- Biden mistakenly referred to Alaska governor Sarah Palin as the "lieutenant governor" of her state during a town hall meeting on Sept. 4, 2008 at George Mason University in Manassas, Va.

"I heard a very, by the way I mean this sincerely, a very strong and a very good political speech from a lieutenant governor of Alaska who I think is going to be very formidable, very formidable not only in the campaign but in the debate," Biden said.

-- Biden said he was running for president -- not vice president -- during a Sept. 1, 2008, roundtable discussion in Scranton, Pa.

"Today is the moment for me as a United States senator running for president to put aside the national politics and focus on what's happening down there," Biden said.

-- Biden referred to John McCain as "George" during his vice presidential acceptance speech on Aug. 27, 2008, at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Co. "Freudian slip, folks, Freudian slip," he explained.

-- Biden confused army brigades with battalions when speaking about Obama's plan for sending troops to Afghanistan.

"Or should we trust Barack Obama, who more than a year ago called for sending two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan?"

-- During his first campaign rally with Obama as his vice presidential running mate on Aug. 23, 2008, Biden introduced Obama by saying, "A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States -- Barack America!"

-- On Jan. 31, 2007 -- the day Biden announced his presidential bid -- the Delaware Senator was roundly criticized for calling Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/25/list-bidens-political-blunders/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »
This is your pofs vice president at work.  One actually works and pays taxes, the other piece of filth sucks the taxpayer dry and sneers at the rest of us. 

Fuck you every one who voted for this.