Author Topic: Home Training Ideas ?  (Read 30033 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Home Training Ideas ?
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2020, 07:00:02 PM »
I set up a pretty decent home gym in my garage
8 weeks ago I had no weights at my house and my garage was full of banker boxes, furniture, old computers, etc..
Everything you see here (including mirrors) was all done in the last 8 weeks

What is that machine on the far right. Can you post a closer view?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2020, 07:10:02 PM »
What is that machine on the far right. Can you post a closer view?

I'm at my office so can't take any picss
Here is a video

It was in impulse buy.  I liked it because I can do standing calf raises and I have no other way to train calves.
The leverage squat is not bad.  I like doing free weight squats first and then I finish up with 3 sets on the leverage squat

I also got this bench (which is under the rack) and a bunch of attachments:  chinup bar, dip bar, leg extension/curls
https://www.ironmaster.com/products/super-bench-pro/

I also have two pairs of these dumbell handles with extended collars
I've only loaded them up to 85lbs so far but they feel totally solid. As good as any dumbbell I've ever used in a gym
https://www.ironmaster.com/products/quick-lock-adjustable-dumbbell-handle-set/

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2020, 08:46:44 PM »
Here is a video

It was in impulse buy.  I liked it because I can do standing calf raises and I have no other way to train calves.
The leverage squat is not bad.  I like doing free weight squats first and then I finish up with 3 sets on the leverage squat

I also got this bench (which is under the rack) and a bunch of attachments:  chinup bar, dip bar, leg extension/curls

I've only loaded them up to 85lbs so far but they feel totally solid. As good as any dumbbell I've ever used in a gym

The iron masters are excellent / can load to 120 and will feel the same.  Best adjustables out there.
Y

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2020, 12:37:36 AM »
Here is a video

Hmm, not sure I'd want to get a calf machine but if the squat has a good feel and groove then it might be worth it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2020, 01:22:18 AM »
8 weeks ago I had no weights at my house and my garage was full of banker boxes, furniture, old computers, etc..

Nice.

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2020, 02:10:27 AM »
Hmm, not sure I'd want to get a calf machine but if the squat has a good feel and groove then it might be worth it.
a calf machine is just a waste of money. A block of wood & a dumbbell no need for anything else. Donkey calf raises if you´ve a partner. people buy lots of equipment & never use half of it. post pictures of their luxury gym & they look nothing special.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2020, 09:57:34 AM »

The squat machine is well designed and a good movement.   You can get a great range of motion.  I like doing them after squats when my back is tired but I still have strength left in my quads.  At the gym I prefer doing leg press before squats for sort of the same reason.  I can pre-exhaust my quads without tiring out my back and then when I go to squats I can start with 225 and it feels like nothing and I don't feel the need to go any higher than 275.

You can't see it in the photos but I have a landmine wedged between the two weight trees and I've purchase a few specialized handles
This is one of them and it's better than anything at my gym

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2020, 10:00:25 AM »
a calf machine is just a waste of money. A block of wood & a dumbbell no need for anything else. Donkey calf raises if you´ve a partner. people buy lots of equipment & never use half of it. post pictures of their luxury gym & they look nothing special.

I can spare the money for the convenience and I like standing calf raises and much prefer a machine to dumbbells

Also, it's (obviously) a squat variation as well.  If it were just a calf machine I would not have purchased it as I have very limited space

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2020, 12:10:23 PM »
I can spare the money for the convenience and I like standing calf raises and much prefer a machine to dumbbells

Also, it's (obviously) a squat variation as well.  If it were just a calf machine I would not have purchased it as I have very limited space
ok fair one ....still a pussy . barbell squats ..real squats

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2020, 12:18:54 PM »

yep, I do free weight bb squats first and finish with the leverage squat

It's not as easy as it looks, especially if you go all the way down (but don't rest at the bottom) and then all the way up without locking out
It's constant tension on quads and glutes without stressing out the lower back

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2020, 12:23:40 PM »

Very Nice!!

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2020, 12:24:41 PM »
yep, I do free weight bb squats first and finish with the leverage squat

It's not as easy as it looks, especially if you go all the way down (but don't rest at the bottom) and then all the way up without locking out
It's constant tension on quads and glutes without stressing out the lower back
well if you´re squating first then going onto another squat variation then you as i wrote don`t squat with any intent. If you squat , barbell squat with reps & weight you will suffer. I think you need to train harder on basics before you think you need lazy machine squats.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2020, 12:41:47 PM »
well if you´re squating first then going onto another squat variation then you as i wrote don`t squat with any intent. If you squat , barbell squat with reps & weight you will suffer. I think you need to train harder on basics before you think you need lazy machine squats.

LOL - ok another keyboard warrior

It's no different then doing hacks after squats

As I mentioned, I prefer leg presses prior to squats.

How about this.  You do whatever the fuck you want and I'll do the same

deal?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2020, 12:52:09 PM »
After I get over this 4 week cold I want to start training again. I got rid of all my equipment years ago so I have none.
What are others doing ?

i am looking at these: all the bands combined take the resistance up to 90 Lbs, attaches to the door as well.

:'( :'( :'( :'(
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
F

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2020, 05:54:23 PM »

That's an excellent home gym, vastly superior to what I have.  I hereby DEMAND Equipmental Equality and invoke the little known and rarely used "Gimme Yo' Shit Act of 2020"! 

Not really. I cannot stand your politics but you have superb taste in fitting out a gym. Well done, sir. 

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2020, 10:32:12 PM »

Where do you people come from?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2020, 11:51:41 PM »

You sound pretty hardcore. Can you post a pics of your quads so we can see what all that suffering under the squat bar has produced?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2020, 03:30:19 AM »
Straw,

When you just talk training you're like a normal person.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2020, 03:31:09 AM »
Where do you people come from?

Dubai?

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2020, 05:04:45 AM »

welcome to the thunderdome fuck face!!!!!!!!!11111111

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2020, 05:05:52 AM »
LOL - ok another keyboard warrior

It's no different then doing hacks after squats

As I mentioned, I prefer leg presses prior to squats.

How about this.  You do whatever the fuck you want and I'll do the same

deal?

Straw be careful, escrima is a bad ass, he told us so.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2020, 05:23:37 AM »
I'll meet your bet and raise you three, haha:

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a19537287/teen-ben-shaw-crushed-after-bench-pressing/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/09/gym-goer-died-60kg-barbell-dropped-onto-chest-workout-inquest/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/30/student-dies-weightlifting-accident/95992420/
            those three incidents could have been avoided with proper safety measures in place knowledgeable spotters[misnomer], safety racks. the other couldn't band broke and knocked the guy's eye out.
F

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.