Author Topic: The Winner and Still.........  (Read 3357 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: The Winner and Still.........
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2021, 12:30:04 PM »
Meh.  I doubt it.  Abortion doesn't drive most people's votes. 

I want to say that today's whacked out liberal ideology will start to alienate a lot of people, but they have powerful weapons with big tech, the media, academia, and Hollywood.  They control the narrative.  They can censor pretty much whatever they want. 

Think about this:  Trump is banned from Twitter, but the Taliban is not.

I did not know this. Does the Taliban even have a Twitter account? I just read that more than 100 new pro-Taliban accounts and pages have surfaced on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, despite a ban on the group by these sites. If this is true, then the ban isn't working.

Maybe Trump could open gimmick Twitter and Facebook accounts.....unfortunate ly for him, he would most likely reveal his identity in his first few tweets and get banned once again. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2021, 12:44:05 PM »
Meh.  I doubt it.  Abortion doesn't drive most people's votes. 

I want to say that today's whacked out liberal ideology will start to alienate a lot of people, but they have powerful weapons with big tech, the media, academia, and Hollywood.  They control the narrative.  They can censor pretty much whatever they want. 

Think about this:  Trump is banned from Twitter, but the Taliban is not.

Are you aware that the state government in Texas is not who will enforce the new abortion laws? Apparently, it was set up so that individual citizens can sue anyone involved in assisting post 6 week abortion, including the person who drove someone to the abortion clinic....like an Uber driver for example. Seems pretty sneaky on the part of state government. It is akin to legalizing vigilantes....except these folks would no longer fit the definition of a vigilante. Crazy and convoluted IMO.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2021, 12:47:17 PM »
Are you aware that the state government in Texas is not who will enforce the new abortion laws? Apparently, it was set up so that individual citizens can sue anyone involved in assisting post 6 week abortion, including the person who drove someone to the abortion clinic....like an Uber driver for example. Seems pretty sneaky on the part of state government. It is akin to legalizing vigilantes....except these folks would no longer fit the definition of a vigilante. Crazy and convoluted IMO.

They are not vigilantes...they are bounty hunters. 

They are going to get paid to snitch on their neighbors

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2021, 12:56:18 PM »

Either way, it doesn't seem like a good plan. Texas revisits the Wild, Wild West.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2021, 12:58:17 PM »
Either way, it doesn't seem like a good plan. Texas revisits the Wild, Wild West.

Neighbors snitching on each other for cash rewards...in a state where anyone can get a gun and carry it with them without a permit

What could go wrong?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2021, 01:04:41 PM »
I did not know this. Does the Taliban even have a Twitter account? I just read that more than 100 new pro-Taliban accounts and pages have surfaced on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, despite a ban on the group by these sites. If this is true, then the ban isn't working.

Maybe Trump could open gimmick Twitter and Facebook accounts.....unfortunate ly for him, he would most likely reveal his identity in his first few tweets and get banned once again.

"Twitter Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) has announced that that Taliban spokesmen will be able to maintain accounts on its social media platform as long as they abide by the terms of service and do not use their tweets to advocate violence."
https://www.yahoo.com/now/why-twitter-allows-taliban-maintain-142546810.html

How twisted is that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2021, 01:05:19 PM »
"Twitter Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) has announced that that Taliban spokesmen will be able to maintain accounts on its social media platform as long as they abide by the terms of service and do not use their tweets to advocate violence."

How twisted is that?

So the same rules that apply to everyone else?

What's that got to do with Newsom winning in a Landslide?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2021, 01:05:33 PM »

Doesn't sound like good policy to me. 

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2021, 06:58:33 PM »

Hey BoB, what's happened to YOURS 'Russian Bounty Hunters' in Afghanistan  ;D ;D ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2021, 07:05:47 PM »

How twisted is that?

Time will tell.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2021, 07:18:30 PM »
Time will tell.

Time will tell what??  More of this?

Report: Taliban Beheaded Two Boys Aged 9 and 10 in Afghanistan
As the Taliban establishes Islamic rule, beheadings will become the Sharia-sanctioned punishment for non-believers and those regarded as the enemies of Islam.
Posted by Vijeta Uniyal Thursday, September 16, 2021
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/09/report-taliban-beheaded-two-boys-aged-9-and-10-in-afghanistan/

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2021, 10:25:37 PM »
Time will tell what??  More of this?

Report: Taliban Beheaded Two Boys Aged 9 and 10 in Afghanistan
As the Taliban establishes Islamic rule, beheadings will become the Sharia-sanctioned punishment for non-believers and those regarded as the enemies of Islam.
Posted by Vijeta Uniyal Thursday, September 16, 2021
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/09/report-taliban-beheaded-two-boys-aged-9-and-10-in-afghanistan/

We don't honestly know what else these kids could have done when they were 7 or 8.  “the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2021, 10:49:30 PM »
We don't honestly know what else these kids could have done when they were 7 or 8.  “the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”

Is that supposed to be a joke about children who were beheaded by these barbarian Neanderthals? 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2021, 11:37:24 PM »
Is that supposed to be a joke about children who were beheaded by these barbarian Neanderthals?

Do we know for sure they weren't throwing stones at the Taliban's armed forces.  I'm just not willing to jump to conclusions.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2021, 11:40:45 PM »
Do we know for sure they weren't throwing stones at the Taliban's armed forces.  I'm just not willing to jump to conclusions.

Pretty weird sense of humor you got there. 

But it does allow you to avoid talking about how Twitter suspended Trump but permits the Taliban to post. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2021, 11:43:21 PM »
Pretty weird sense of humor you got there. 

But it does allow you to avoid talking about how Twitter suspended Trump but permits the Taliban to post.

You know I'm only fucking with you.  I honestly don't keep up on the twitter/facebook/social media scene.  Let alone who gets suspended and for what.  But, on the surface it seems awry that Trump cannot post but the Taliban can.  Again, I have no idea what kind of postings the Taliban put out there. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2021, 11:54:17 PM »
You know I'm only fucking with you.  I honestly don't keep up on the twitter/facebook/social media scene.  Let alone who gets suspended and for what.  But, on the surface it seems awry that Trump cannot post but the Taliban can.  Again, I have no idea what kind of postings the Taliban put out there.

I figured.  Plus any man who can intelligently discuss sports gets a pass in my book.   :)

You should start paying attention to what big tech is doing.  It might be cool that they censor people you don't like or care about.  It will sting when they come for you.  We have ceded way too much power to those people.  Censorship never ends well. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2021, 12:41:40 AM »
I figured.  Plus any man who can intelligently discuss sports gets a pass in my book.   :)

You should start paying attention to what big tech is doing.  It might be cool that they censor people you don't like or care about.  It will sting when they come for you.  We have ceded way too much power to those people.  Censorship never ends well.

We are about 5 weeks away from opening night (tip off).  I'm so happy the season is starting on time and I'll be able to catch a game in person.  I'm really expecting a fun season out of my Pistons.  I think I've told you before, but I'm a huge Russ Westbrook guy.  He's the type of hard nosed, max effort guy that could play in any era.  I look at him too and think what if he had discovered the boxing gym at 6 instead of the basketball court?  Might be looking at the heavyweight champion of the world.  That being said, since my Pistons aren't legit contending for a couple years I want the Lakers to win the whole thing.  I absolutely don't want the Nets to win.  Hate that fucking team.  Cannot stand Kyrie Irving.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2021, 04:49:55 AM »
There was a time, during the Patrick Ewing era, when I could tell you every player on the Knicks. Now I couldn’t name one.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2021, 06:36:42 AM »
There was a time, during the Patrick Ewing era, when I could tell you every player on the Knicks. Now I couldn’t name one.

Ewing, Ward, Oakley, Mason, Starks, Smith.........loved that team.
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2021, 07:40:29 AM »
Ewing, Ward, Oakley, Mason, Starks, Smith.........loved that team.

The only thing they were missing was that second great scorer. Had Bernard King been in his prime at that time the Knicks would’ve won a few championships.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2021, 07:50:33 AM »

The only thing they were missing was that second great scorer. Had Bernard King been in his prime at that time the Knicks would’ve won a few championships.

Or if Starks didn't go 2 for 18 from the field in game 7
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2021, 07:59:02 AM »
Or if Starks didn't go 2 for 18 from the field in game 7

Starks was a gritty gutsy overachiever but he wasn’t really at the top of the food chain talent wise. Compare him to Clyde Drexler.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2021, 08:13:43 AM »
Starks was a gritty gutsy overachiever but he wasn’t really at the top of the food chain talent wise. Compare him to Clyde Drexler.

I loved that Knicks team, and followed them into the Spreewell era......it has been horrible ever since.

Like you, I don't know any Knicks right now, but they are going to be a playoff team next year.

But fuck the NBA.
Y

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2021, 08:23:27 AM »

10000000% yes...... only time I ever watched basketball or went to games