Author Topic: Israel v. Hamas (and Iran)  (Read 4988 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Israel v. Hamas (and Iran)
« on: October 09, 2023, 01:43:45 PM »
Potential WWIII on deck.  Warmongers get ready. 

Biden says at least 11 Americans among those killed in Israel, warns of hostages
BY BRETT SAMUELS - 10/09/23

President Biden on Monday announced the number of Americans killed in terrorist attacks against Israel had risen to 11, and he warned that American citizens may be among those being held hostage by the militant group Hamas.

“As we continue to account for the horrors of the appalling terrorist assault against Israel this weekend and the hundreds of innocent civilians who were murdered, we are seeing the immense scale and reach of this tragedy,” Biden said in a statement. “Sadly, we now know that at least 11 American citizens were among those killed—many of whom made a second home in Israel.”

U.S. officials are still working to confirm whether Americans are among those being held by Hamas, but said “it is likely” that is the case. “I have directed my team to work with their Israeli counterparts on every aspect of the hostage crisis, including sharing intelligence and deploying experts from across the United States government to consult with and advise Israeli counterparts on hostage recovery efforts,” Biden said.

The State Department is providing consular assistance to Americans who are currently in Israel and urged those in the area to follow the guidance of local authorities.

More than 1,000 people have died since Hamas, a militant group that controls Gaza, launched attacks against Israel, triggering a response by Israeli forces. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Saturday that Israel is “at war” with Hamas following the initial attacks.

Biden has spoken multiple times with Netanyahu since the attacks first unfolded, and he met earlier Monday with his national security team. The president has vowed to assist Israel as it deals with the fallout of the attacks, and the U.S. has already repositioned military assets in the region and sent some munitions to Israel.

In Monday’s statement, Biden called the U.S. and Israel “inseparable partners.”

“This is not some distant tragedy. The ties between Israel and the United States run deep. It is personal for so many American families who are feeling the pain of this attack as well as the scars inflicted through millennia of antisemitism and persecution of Jewish people,” Biden said in Monday’s statement.

“In cities across the country, police departments have stepped up security around centers of Jewish life, and the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and other federal law enforcement partners are closely monitoring for any domestic threats in connection with the horrific terrorist attacks in Israel.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4246322-biden-says-at-least-11-americans-among-those-killed-in-israel-warns-of-hostages/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Israel v. Hamas (and Iran)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 01:52:28 PM »
Hamas armed wing warns it will start killing Israeli hostages for any new bombing of homes without warning
Warning comes as Israel increases attacks in Gaza since Hamas attack on Saturday
By Greg Wehner Fox News
Published October 9, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/world/hamas-armed-wing-warns-start-killing-israeli-hostages-bombing-homes-warning

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 01:54:32 PM »
Iran prisoner swap for $6 billion in spotlight after Hamas attacks Israel
Reuters
October 8, 2023
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iran-prisoner-swap-6-billion-spotlight-after-hamas-attacks-israel-2023-10-09/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 01:55:47 PM »
Iran’s support for Hamas fans suspicion it’s wrecking Israel-Saudi deal
Tehran’s remarks will feed speculation Iran is whipping up conflict to prevent a US-brokered normalization of Saudi-Israeli ties.
BY JAMIE DETTMER AND CHRISTIAN OLIVER
OCTOBER 7, 2023
https://www.politico.eu/article/iran-hamas-attacks-against-israel-palestine-jerusalem/

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 02:21:21 PM »
I just hope this does not effect my Iranian Test supplier. God fucking forbid!
T

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 02:22:27 PM »
I just hope this does not effect my Iranian Test supplier. God fucking forbid!

I would start looking for another supplier if I was you.   :-\

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 02:26:40 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2023, 03:08:51 PM »
Biden Now Two Degrees of Separation from Slaughter of Israelis

https://www.westernjournal.com/bombshell-report-biden-now-two-degrees-separation-slaughter-israelis/

Definitely has blood on his hands.  Again.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 03:09:22 PM »
Retired U.S. Army colonel Douglas Macgregor
@DougAMacgregor

"The Israeli losses are predicted to exceed 1,000 dead. It is inconceivable that the IDF had NO ready forces positioned in the South or the North to deal with potential violence on the anniversary of 1973.   

"At the same time, the Arabs did what they never do. They shut up. In this sense, it’s reminiscent of two conditions.   

"First, Custer and his column were annihilated because the hostile tribes did something they had never done:   They united and stood their ground. Normally, they were divided and fled as soon as Army Regulars showed up.   

"He rushed in thinking that if he did not, the hostiles would fleet. It’s also reminiscent of the Bulge.   We talked ourselves into a state of wishful thinking and the Germans surprised us.   

"For Israel, however, this is deadly serious. If Hezbollah sits this out, the IDF will systematically crush Gaza. However, serious attacks from Southern Lebanon will stretch the IDF ground force to the limit.   

"It may be that anger and disgust across the Muslim World with the destruction of Gaza and its people eventually provokes a larger war that could involve Iran, even Turkey.   

"Egypt will be unable to sit it out. Jordan may fall apart under the pressure of internal unrest. In short, the world could change dramatically."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 05:57:22 PM »
Iran Helped Plot Attack on Israel Over Several Weeks
The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps gave the final go-ahead last Monday in Beirut
By Summer Said
Updated Oct. 8, 2023
https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/iran-israel-hamas-strike-planning-bbe07b25?mod=djemalertNEWS

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2023, 11:20:27 AM »
Animals.   >:(

At least 40 babies, some beheaded, found by Israel soldiers in Hamas-attacked village
IDF Major General Itai Veruv described the scene in Kfar Aza as 'a massacre'
By Lawrence Richard Fox News
Published October 10, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/world/40-babies-some-beheaded-found-israel-soldiers-hamas-attacked-village

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2023, 04:04:20 PM »
US Might Send Another Aircraft Carrier to Middle East
By Theodore Bunker | 10 October 2023
https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/u-s-aircraft-carrier-israel/2023/10/10/id/1137782/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2023, 09:23:51 AM »
i=z2FNJ4H2K_snqv3W

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2023, 10:13:34 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2023, 12:47:33 PM »
'Fired for expressing views?': Canadians split after Air Canada removes pilot for posting Palestine protest photos
Air Canada took swift action after the pilot allegedly posted pictures from a demonstration
Joy Joshi·Writer, Yahoo News Canada
October 11, 2023
Mostafa Ezzo is an Air Canada pilot flying out of Montreal.
Pictured in thread:
- Ezzo pointing out Hitler would be proud of Israel
- F*ck your Israeli Burn in Hell
- Keep the World Clean (and trash Israel)
- Enzo's biography
NO JEW would feel safe flying with this antisemite.

https://news.yahoo.com/air-canada-pilot-palestine-protest-153914191.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9jaXRpemVuZnJlZXByZXNzLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABPuYOtAZ9aRhM_ahiEp8ffXCtcGJeKytmBQCwxCdCx9bu3h1igBuHYN7WmaIMuqMiBQtbykbrhHaJ0Rg6799IA1WFr7li12viyxmU08N7CHVRv__6uZ07KWM4S70ekACmKlWWVsKXsoOa48iupj9j3FE9-oRlaEJHGytbMUGyWY

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2023, 01:06:59 PM »
What we know about the Americans killed in the Israel-Hamas war
At least 22 Americans have been killed so far, according to officials.
By Mary Kekatos
October 11, 2023
https://abcnews.go.com/US/americans-killed-israel-hamas-war/story?id=103829720

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2023, 01:16:24 PM »
BREAKING: US Special Forces have just landed in Israel to help with freeing Israeli hostages
OCT. 10, 2023 BY THE RIGHT SCOOP
https://therightscoop.com/breaking-us-special-forces-have-just-landed-in-israel-to-help-with-freeing-israeli-hostages/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2023, 02:01:38 PM »
A moment of moral clarity from the Biden Administration.  I'm almost speechless.

Karine Jean-Pierre Says House Members' Comments On Israel Are 'Repugnant'
"There are not two sides here," the White House press secretary said when asked about some lawmakers who questioned U.S. support for Israel.
By Ron Dicker
Oct 11, 2023
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/karine-jean-pierre-there-are-not-two-sides-repugnant_n_6526d57ae4b0102e69645a51

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2023, 02:03:10 PM »
Student groups pull back on controversial Israel-Hamas statements
BY LEXI LONAS - 10/11/23
https://thehill.com/homenews/education/4250610-student-groups-controversial-israel-hamas/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2023, 10:52:28 AM »
GOP Rep. Mills: I Had to Help Get Americans out of Israel Because Biden Won’t Do His Job

Just like Afghanistan. He treats American hostages like Hunter treated his laptop….he just leaves them there.

On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “America Reports,” Rep. Cory Mills (R-FL) discussed helping 32 Americans get out of Israel and stated that it’s now “the second time doing the Biden administration’s work, because they have no plan, they have no strategy to get these Americans out who are trapped and these church groups that had been left behind.”

Mills said, “I went in and was very thankful to be able to get — for the second time by the way, I’ll just add, helping the Biden administration — who has failed to do their job. The first time I did it was in 2021, when I conducted the very first successful overland rescue of Americans, but here it is, the second time doing the Biden administration’s work, because they have no plan, they have no strategy to get these Americans out who are trapped and these church groups that had been left behind.”

He added, “I’d worked with one of the pastors in this church group as well as for a couple of isolated individuals that were stuck in these areas. They had tried to get on multiple flights, their flights were canceled, they felt they were kind of being boxed in as some of the aggression around them started to increase and really were just looking for an answer, looking for a way out. A couple of them had called the State Department and really didn’t get a whole lot of support. And so, at that stage, I just felt it was necessary for me to step in and try and do something. Our government doesn’t necessarily define who we are as Americans. I think that the American spirit’s very much alive and I think standing up and stepping in is really what these people were looking for, and I hope that them being home now or them actually getting out and [being] in a safe space has given them confidence that Americans won’t be left behind and that at least those of us who are elected officials will stand up when it’s needed.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/12/gop-rep-mills-i-had-to-help-get-americans-out-of-israel-because-biden-wont-do-his-job/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2023, 10:54:41 AM »
Blockade: No Power or Water for Gaza Until All Hostages Released Says Israel
OLIVER JJ LANE  12 Oct 2023
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/10/12/blockade-no-power-or-water-for-gaza-until-all-hostages-released-says-israel/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2023, 02:30:13 PM »
A War’s Brutality Invades Our Screens: The Coverage From Israel So Far
Published 10/12/23
Joe Concha

The war between Hamas and Israel has produced arguably some of the most graphic, shocking images the public has seen from any conflict in the age of social media. There are reports of decapitated babies and of the elderly, women and children — all non-combatants — being executed in their homes and on the streets or taken hostage.

Devastation, death and horror have dominated TV screens in America and around the world, and likely will for the foreseeable future. Twenty-two Americans are among the more than 2,000 dead since this conflict began, according to the latest U.S. official statements, with at least 17 to 20 Americans missing and thought to have been taken hostage.

Media coverage in the U.S. has been appropriately wall-to-wall since Hamas began killing civilians last Saturday. As a whole, the coverage has been solid, with war correspondents showing bravery and focus in reporting facts on the ground at their own peril, deserving of praise and awe. But there have been some missteps and media malfeasance worth noting, including:

The decision to provide Mustafa Barghouti, the leader of the Palestinian National Initiative, a West Bank political party, with an unchallenged national and international platform.
This began in earnest Sunday morning on Fareed Zakaria's CNN program. At one point, Zakaria pointedly and appropriately asked Barghouti about attacks on civilians by Hamas but then allowed him two straight minutes to tell what can only be called lies.

"Hamas mainly attacked military establishments, military installations," Barghouti falsely claimed. "And most of the people they have arrested and taken as war prisoners are military people. I do not accept [they are] attacking any civilian."

Zakaria, despite his own network’s vivid reporting and video to the contrary, mistakenly allowed this propaganda to go unchallenged. Other outlets also booked Barghouti, including ABC News Australia, where he made another stunning claim, saying that "nobody will be executed" by Hamas — even though Hamas said it will execute hostages on video if Israel bombs Gazans’ homes.

There has been pointed criticism and argument over Hamas being described as a "militant group” rather than as a terrorist organization. This criticism came to a noteworthy head on MSNBC during an exchange between the CEO of the Anti-Defamation League, Jonathan Greenblatt, and MSNBC's Morning Joe.
“I am angry with a world that allowed the dehumanization of Israelis and sanitized the terrorism of Hamas,” Greenblatt said. “I must say, I love this show, and I love this network, but I’ve got to ask: Who’s writing the scripts? Hamas — the people who did this — they are not fighters, they are not militants, and I’m looking right at the camera: They are terrorists.”

The BBC, too, has been called out by British officials and others for not labeling Hamas as a terrorist organization. The British news organization's guidelines state that the word "terrorist" can be a "barrier rather than an aid" to educating and informing viewers.

"We should not adopt other people's language as our own," the BBC said in response. "Our responsibility is to remain objective and report in ways that enable our audiences to make their own assessments about who is doing what to whom.”

Marie van der Zyl, who serves as president of the Board of Deputies of British Jews, said the BBC's stance is "insulting to the many British Jews whose friends and families are currently under attack by genocidally antisemitic terrorists and performs a profound disservice to millions of viewers."

Canada's oldest news organization, the CBC, is facing heat after an internal memo was leaked that instructed reporters not to use the word "terrorist" in their reporting.

"Do not refer to militants, soldiers or anyone else as ‘terrorists,’" wrote George Achi, the CBC's director of journalistic standards, in that internal memo. "The notion of terrorism remains heavily politicized and is part of the story."

When men, women and children are dragged from their homes and killed or kidnapped, that's terrorism carried out by terrorists. For these news outlets to take such a stance is maddening.

The U.S. government has listed Hamas as a terrorist organization since 1997, although the Director of National Intelligence’s counterterrorism guide to foreign terrorist organizations also refers to Hamas as “the largest and most capable militant group in the Palestinian territories and one of the territories two major political parties” before adding the State Department’s designation of Hamas as a “foreign terrorist organization.”

Hamas is using social media in the most insidious way to carry out a fear campaign.
Hamas has used the smartphones of some of their victims to record their murders or kidnappings, then posted the videos on the social media accounts of the phones’ owners.

“A terrorist broke into her home, murdered her, took her phone, photographed the horror and posted it on her Facebook wall. That’s how we found out,” Israeli citizen Mor Bayder wrote on her Facebook page regarding the murder of her grandmother in the village of Nir Oz, according to a chilling report in the New York Post and other media.

“My grandmother, my whole world, the light of my life," Bayder added. "The pillar of my life, in my family’s life."

“A big part of the strategy of inciting terror is not just the attack … but also depends on their ability to incite fear in especially online spaces,” Graham Brookie, senior director of the Atlantic Council’s Digital Forensic Research Lab, explained to Politico.

“A group like Hamas has, unfortunately, a lot of experience in creating this content. And they know that it needs to be an important part of their strategy to produce, essentially, terror propaganda," he concluded.

Biden has not taken one question from reporters since the war began.
Given that there are 22 Americans reported dead and more than 17 missing, the president has an obligation to the American people to field questions from reporters. Biden has held two press events, one on Saturday and the other on Tuesday, but walked away from the podium both times as reporters shouted questions.

As we've seen over the past 30 months, taking questions from the press has been mostly a foreign concept. It has been nearly one year since Biden has done a solo press conference on U.S. soil, and he has yet to do any interviews with a newspaper reporter since taking office.

At a time of such world instability — including the wars in Ukraine and, now, in Israel and Gaza — accountability is demanded of our leaders more than ever. But the administration still continues to shield Joe Biden more than any president we've seen in the modern era.

War is hell. And given the brutality of the murders of civilians, this is a hell the likes of which most of us have never seen on our phones or television screens.

For the foreseeable future, that jarring reality will continue to dominate programming and the news cycle.

https://themessenger.com/opinion/israel-war-hamas-media-coverage-graphic-images-social-media-terror

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2023, 08:56:06 PM »
interesting....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2023, 04:25:04 PM »
Israel-Hamas war latest: Israel tells north Gaza residents to evacuate with ground invasion expected
BY TUCKER REALS, HALEY OTT, FARIS TANYOS, JOE RUIZ, CARA TABACHNICK, BRIAN DAKSS, KERRY BREEN, ELIAS LOPEZ
UPDATED ON: OCTOBER 13, 2023
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/israel-hamas-war-gaza-strip/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2023, 11:11:22 AM »
Iran cannot be bystander in face of Israeli onslaught
FM Amir-Abdollahian
Oct 15, 2023
https://en.mehrnews.com/news/207147/Iran-cannot-be-bystander-in-face-of-Israeli-onslaught