Author Topic: DeSantis suspends campaign.  (Read 2322 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: DeSantis suspends campaign.
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2024, 10:52:18 AM »
More than $100 million was spent on his campaign (workers/staff, private jets, printing, renting space, commercials, etc.) and he didn’t even make it to New Hampshire.  Pathetic.

He's up against a monster, didn't matter what he did, nobody on the R side is defeating Trump.

But he gained valuable experience, and learned what he needs to work on.

He'll now go back to running Florida well while people and business continue to flee California.
Y

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2024, 02:20:00 PM »
He's up against a monster, didn't matter what he did, nobody on the R side is defeating Trump.

He'll now go back to running Florida well while people and business continue to flee California.
X2 happy to have him back in FL. The Trump Train is unstoppable.
T

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2024, 03:21:58 PM »
X2 happy to have him back in FL. The Trump Train is unstoppable.

It's unstoppable in the primaries.

I'm not convinced in the general/electoral college
Y

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2024, 03:57:08 PM »
It's unstoppable in the primaries.

I'm not convinced in the general/electoral college

90 million mail in votes for pants shiter all from pedro,horatio and jose

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2024, 04:34:36 PM »
Trump would never pick another attention whore for VP. They’d be fighting over the mirror and camera time.  Trump will see where is weakness is and pick Al
Done to cover that voter base. Like with Pence to secure the evangelist vote.   If he is polling weak with the blacks he’ll pick a black person or weak with females he’ll pick a female. It will be purely strategic to maximize his votes.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2024, 04:51:30 PM »
Trump would never pick another attention whore for VP. They’d be fighting over the mirror and camera time.  Trump will see where is weakness is and pick Al
Done to cover that voter base. Like with Pence to secure the evangelist vote.   If he is polling weak with the blacks he’ll pick a black person or weak with females he’ll pick a female. It will be purely strategic to maximize his votes.
Smart move, nothing wrong with that.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2024, 05:02:52 PM »

Biden probably felt he had to do the same, but his VP pick polled 1% in the primaries.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2024, 05:22:47 PM »

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2024, 05:33:17 PM »

Tulsi wouldn’t be a good fit with Trump?
I would not have a problem with her. It would be nice to have someone smart and good looking in there. But no one is talking about her getting it.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2024, 06:01:34 PM »
I would not have a problem with her. It would be nice to have someone smart and good looking in there. But no one is talking about her getting it.

Bro, there’s a whole thread in the Politics forum about her, getting it.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2024, 06:51:45 PM »
Bro, there’s a whole thread in the Politics forum about her, getting it.
Isn't that thread like a year old? All the conservative media outlets are saying the 3 women now are Kristi Noem, Elise Stefanik and even trader Nickki Haley.  I would prefer Tulsi over Haley.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2024, 06:55:08 PM »
Isn't that thread like a year old? All the conservative media outlets are saying the 3 women now are Kristi Noem, Elise Stefanik and even trader Nickki Haley.  I would prefer Tulsi over Haley.

Nikki Haley worked on Wall St?
Y

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2024, 07:04:07 PM »
Nikki Haley worked on Wall St?
Not that I am aware of, but the rich liberals on Wall street are backing her big time. She has been given nice board seats for big corps.in the past.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2024, 03:31:28 AM »
Not that I am aware of, but the rich liberals on Wall street are backing her big time. She has been given nice board seats for big corps.in the past.

Traitor and trader.

Look into it. ;D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2024, 05:02:05 AM »
More than $100 million was spent on his campaign (workers/staff, private jets, printing, renting space, commercials, etc.) and he didn’t even make it to New Hampshire.  Pathetic.

Yup.  What a waste of money.

I don’t see much of a future for him.  He’ll be out as governor in two years, and then what?  Attempt another run for president?  Challenge Rubio for Senator?  Challenge the constitutionality of the governor term limits in court?  I think he’ll struggle to stay relevant nationally without being able to attack Trump.

What  do you think he needs to work on?  I see his weaknesses to be a lack of charisma and an obsession with culture war stuff over real, material issues.  That stuff might resonate when people aren’t paying $7 for a dozen eggs or $2000 to rent a 1br in the suburbs, but i don’t think it attracts independent or undecided voters.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2024, 05:12:21 AM »

He ran an absolutely terrible campaign because he hired a bunch of people who have no idea what the regular Republican voter wants.  Yes men, sycophants and agenda pushers.  It's like Bhanky, they see what they want to see, not reality.

His biggest mistake was even running.  That shows worse judgment than even his signing a 6 week abortion ban (which I support) ahead of a Presidential run.  That act alone made him unelectable.  Terrible, terrible judgment.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2024, 05:41:35 AM »
He ran an absolutely terrible campaign because he hired a bunch of people who have no idea what the regular Republican voter wants.  Yes men, sycophants and agenda pushers.  It's like Bhanky, they see what they want to see, not reality.

His biggest mistake was even running.  That shows worse judgment than even his signing a 6 week abortion ban (which I support) ahead of a Presidential run.  That act alone made him unelectable.  Terrible, terrible judgment.

This.

He needs to just focus on his Florida success, military background, Covid handling.  Stop harping on anti-woke.  Present himself as someone who will be Trumpian in policy, but not in character.  Stuff like that.

He should not of run, but I get why he did.  There was a point where is APPEARED Trump might not be able to run, so the R hopefuls had to be ready to be in contention.
Y

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2024, 03:15:02 PM »
The Emasculation of Ron DeSantis by the Bully Donald Trump
The former president’s brutal, yearlong campaign of humiliation helped torpedo the Florida governor’s White House hopes and left his next moves in politics uncertain.
by Michael C. Bender and Nicholas Nehamas

Donald J. Trump plumbed new depths of degradation in his savage takedown of Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, a yearlong campaign of emasculation and humiliation that helped force one of the party’s rising stars out of the presidential race after just one contest and left him to pick up the pieces of his political future.

In front of enormous rally audiences, Mr. Trump painted Mr. DeSantis as a submissive sniveler, insisting that he had cried and begged “on his knees” for an endorsement in the 2018 Florida governor’s race.

In a series of sexually charged attacks, Mr. Trump suggested — without a shred of proof — that Mr. DeSantis wore high heels, that he might be gay and that perhaps he was a pedophile.

He promised that intense national scrutiny would leave Mr. DeSantis whining for “mommy.”

Mr. DeSantis shied from fighting back, which only inflicted more pain on his campaign. The governor had portrayed himself as one of the Republican Party’s fiercest political brawlers, but he pulled his punches in the most important race of his life.

Now he is both defeated and debased. His departure from the race on Sunday was a far fall from grace after opening his campaign as the heir apparent in a Trumpified Republican Party. Rehabilitating that reputation as he considers his next political move will require plenty of repair work with donors and Republican voters, thanks to Mr. Trump’s ruthless parade of insults over 242 days on the campaign trail.

“I don’t care if he’s a Republican,” Mr. Trump said of his belittlement of Mr. DeSantis at a November gathering of the Republican Party of Florida — the governor’s home turf. “We hit him hard, and now he’s like a wounded falling bird from the skies.”

But even more crushing was Mr. DeSantis’s response, or lack thereof.

After releasing a campaign video in 2022 that made him out to be a political fighter sent from the heavens, he appeared either unwilling or unable to swing back at Mr. Trump or go on the attack. Even Mr. Trump’s aides were surprised that the DeSantis campaign did not go harder at the former president on issues where he might be vulnerable with conservatives, like abortion.

And the prickly nature of Mr. DeSantis’s personality, which could manifest itself in an awkward mix of detachment, moodiness and facial tics, amounted to an irresistible target for Mr. Trump, who seemed to relish bullying Mr. DeSantis as if he were stuffing a freshman in a high school locker.

Still, Mr. DeSantis remains popular in his home state, and beyond Florida he’s viewed relatively favorably. As a presidential candidate, he needed to succeed where every Republican before him had failed: prying loyal Trump supporters away from the former president without alienating them.

Mr. Trump has long trampled over the boundaries of generally accepted political behavior, relentlessly pushing the racist “birther” lie about President Barack Obama and urging supporters to lock up Hillary Clinton. But his campaign hit new levels of cruelty against a fellow Republican.

The missives were often led by Mr. Trump’s chief spokesman, Steven Cheung, who leaned into his background as a public relations operative for the Ultimate Fighting Championship to deliver brutal slams with the force of the sport’s suffocating guillotine chokehold.

In November, Mr. Cheung told The Wall Street Journal that in Iowa, Mr. DeSantis would face “unimaginable pain that he’s never felt before in his life.”

In a news release, he cast doubt on Mr. DeSantis’s masculinity, saying that he walked like “a 10-year-old girl who had just raided her mom’s closet and discovered heels for the first time.”

Mr. Cheung also referred to the Florida governor as a “desperate eunuch,” questioned why Mr. DeSantis would “cuck himself” in front of the entire country — sexual slang that implies weakness in a man — and accused him of searching for “new sugar daddies” to fund his campaign. He called Mr. DeSantis a “disloyal dog.”

Mr. DeSantis fought back with a more traditional approach.

His campaign rolled out a “Trump Accident Tracker” in a daily email to the news media that highlighted Mr. Trump’s missteps on the trail. He criticized Mr. Trump’s “juvenile insults,” saying voters did not like them. (The eruption of laughter inside Trump rallies suggested otherwise.)

Mr. DeSantis eventually tried to up his game.

Responding to accusations that he wore lifts in his cowboy boots to appear taller, Mr. DeSantis questioned Mr. Trump’s manhood.

“If Donald Trump can summon the balls to show up to the debate, I’ll wear a boot on my head,” Mr. DeSantis said.

The line did not seem to land. Mr. DeSantis himself has admitted that, unlike Mr. Trump, he is “not an entertainer.”

At the same time, pro-Trump online influencers formed a troll army pumping out content like videos showing a man with Mr. DeSantis’s face being kicked in the groin. In comparison, Mr. DeSantis’s online operation proved haplessly inept.

The differing approaches stemmed, in part, from a fixation on Mr. DeSantis inside Trump headquarters, where animosity for the governor ran high.

Not only was Mr. Trump incensed by what he viewed as a striking lack of loyalty from Mr. DeSantis, but the Trump campaign also includes former DeSantis campaign aides who had been fired or felt otherwise mistreated by the Florida governor, including Susie Wiles, one of the former president’s closest confidantes. Many still had axes to grind.

“Bye, bye,” Ms. Wiles posted on Sunday on social media about her erstwhile boss, who had tried to blackball her from Republican politics.

The quick endorsement from Mr. DeSantis on Sunday may help salve some of those wounds. Hours later, Mr. Trump vowed that he would retire the “DeSanctimonious” nickname, and his allies began posting messages welcoming Mr. DeSantis back into the Trump fold.

But aides said that Mr. Trump and Mr. DeSantis had still not talked.

Asked about whether the two men could repair their relationship, Mr. Cheung held his fire.

“We’re focused on New Hampshire,” he said.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2024, 03:58:30 PM »

Maybe he should have logged on to getbig and select getbiggers to help him run his campaign?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2024, 04:45:24 PM »
This.

He needs to just focus on his Florida success, military background, Covid handling.  Stop harping on anti-woke.  Present himself as someone who will be Trumpian in policy, but not in character.  Stuff like that.

He should not of run, but I get why he did.  There was a point where is APPEARED Trump might not be able to run, so the R hopefuls had to be ready to be in contention.

Have and of.

Look into it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2024, 04:57:21 PM »
Have and of.

Look into it.

I'll give you a pass since you were the only one who recognized my "trader" joke.
Y

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2024, 04:58:35 PM »
What is the rationale behind most politicians "suspending" their campaigns?  Not just one party either.  Are they all just too chicken shit to say I'm dropping our or I am quitting the race?  "Suspending" just comes across as egomaniacal weasel words.  Again, not picking on Governor Platforms, they all do it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2024, 05:02:54 PM »
What is the rationale behind most politicians "suspending" their campaigns?  Not just one party either.  Are they all just too chicken shit to say I'm dropping our or I am quitting the race?  "Suspending" just comes across as egomaniacal weasel words.  Again, not picking on Governor Platforms, they all do it.

I think they are just leaving themselves an "in" if something crazy changes.

But I agree it doesn't matter.
Y

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2024, 05:04:03 PM »

I agree with you.  I guess it leaves the door open to returning at a later time or to accepting the offer of running for V.P.?