Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Powerlifting / Strongman

Inspirational powerlifting/strongman pictures/videos

<< < (3/14) > >>

The_Iron_Disciple:
Great pics ! Great thread ! Hell, I'll even add one ...

burn2live:

--- Quote from: The_Iron_Disciple on May 23, 2009, 08:00:37 AM ---Great pics ! Great thread ! Hell, I'll even add one ...

--- End quote ---

Nice!

Ed Coan

Vet:
Here you guys go: something from this last weekend that was on PowerliftingWatch this morning.   

Dana broke her back several years ago.  She then had a freak accident two years ago where her left foot was nearly detached attempts were made to reattach her foot, but she ultimately ended up going septic and her left leg had to be amputated below the knee to save her life.  She had to have another back surgery this last winter AND she's a cancer survivor. 

For all you who make excuses for not squatting, watch this video:

Thats 365 lbs in a loose single ply TRX and a belt.....   WITH ONE LEG!

To me thats one hell of an inspiration.

John O:

--- Quote from: Vet on May 27, 2009, 01:53:12 PM ---Here you guys go: something from this last weekend that was on PowerliftingWatch this morning.   

Dana broke her back several years ago.  She then had a freak accident two years ago where her left foot was nearly detached attempts were made to reattach her foot, but she ultimately ended up going septic and her left leg had to be amputated below the knee to save her life.  She had to have another back surgery this last winter AND she's a cancer survivor. 

--- End quote ---

Given the title of this thread.... I don't think this post can be beat!
God Bless her!!!!

burn2live:

--- Quote from: Vet on May 27, 2009, 01:53:12 PM ---Here you guys go: something from this last weekend that was on PowerliftingWatch this morning.   

--- End quote ---

Amazing. I was competing at the WDFPF Europeans last year. There was an older guy, probably fifties, who must have had learning difficulties of some sort. He also had musculoskeletal problems, exaggerated thoracic kyphosis and a number of other things awry with his structure. I'm not sure what illness he had, but when he was setting up for a squat he had to really suck the air in really loud, so I'm assuming he had problems with his airway too.

When he got the bar on his back it was like 20-30 degrees off a level parallel to the floor. All of his lifts were awesome. I think he set a few national and maybe European records for his age and weight. I also want to point out now, that the guy's hearing was suffering as he was wearing hearing aids....and he was blind. He was led out by someone who I assume was a relative, who then positioned him under the bar or had his hands placed on it. He'd then orientate himself and complete the lift. Truly inspirational. Something I'll never forget

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version