Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 414780 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #500 on: September 10, 2015, 08:30:20 AM »
I don't know howm some of you guys do it...I've been to the gym ONCE in the past three weeks...been doing some long hours at work and teaching at night.....its killing me...can't get up in the morning at all to go to the gym...before three weeks ago I was going four days a week.....guess I'm just in a rut..gonna try and force myself out of it this weekend
I only sleep a few hours at night if I'm lucky. Been this way for years.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #501 on: September 10, 2015, 09:45:23 AM »
No lunch break steve ?
NO EAT IT AT MY DESK...I HAD PREVIOUS JOBS 45/1HR BREAKROOM OR OUT,,NOT HERE ,,BIGGEST PEEVE I HAVE AT THIS PLACE..

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #502 on: September 10, 2015, 10:05:06 AM »

what time do you actually go to bed and then wake up?...you get up on your own or use an alarm clock?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #503 on: September 10, 2015, 11:02:34 AM »
I remember I saved the old Ironman magazines that were about Bob Gadja and his PHA training system. If memory serves me correct he picked about 5 exercises for a circuit. When he went through it a couple of times then he went to 5 different exercises for a circuit. After that he had another 5 exercises. The exercises never were for the same body part but completely different body parts. Maybe over the weekend I will dig out some old Ironman mags and refresh myself.  It will be a chore because I have a lot.

Today I feel like I'm defeated. Today is a scheduled work out but I am shot. I'm sitting here dressed for the gym but I'm not going.  Yesterday I did my first hard cardio in about 8 weeks.  I then went to work and afterwards had to drive to a wake about 90 miles from me in Brooklyn. Went to sleep feeling like I was coming down with something. Woke up with a sore throat and feeling beat up. Feel incredibly guilty about not doing my scheduled back and chest. Tomorrow is another day.  

Sorry to read that you aren't feeling well. Take care of yourself. Get some rest. You might be lucky and nip whatever is ailing you in the bud.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: September 10, 2015, 11:09:58 AM »
I don't know howm some of you guys do it...I've been to the gym ONCE in the past three weeks...been doing some long hours at work and teaching at night.....its killing me...can't get up in the morning at all to go to the gym...before three weeks ago I was going four days a week.....guess I'm just in a rut..gonna try and force myself out of it this weekend

I've gone through periods when I don't make it to the gym too. It's a rare person that doesn't have downtime every so often. The hardest part is taking that first step through the gym door. Even if you go and do very little, it is better than not going to the gym at all. You might surprise yourself by feeling really inspired once you are at the gym. Caution, don't overdo it. That can be counter productive.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #505 on: September 10, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »
Sorry to read that you aren't feeling well. Take care of yourself. Get some rest. You might be lucky and nip whatever is ailing you in the bud.

X2...hope the hand sanitizer works better next time.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #506 on: September 10, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »
Lol, jk oldtimer... I hope you get over it quick.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: September 10, 2015, 11:56:06 AM »
what time do you actually go to bed and then wake up?...you get up on your own or use an alarm clock?
I lay down around 11pm, wake up a few times 30 minutes to an hour each time and I get up at 5am. Sometimes I only get an hour of sleep. Meh, whatever, been this way since my teens. Tried tons of stuff that's supposed to help sleep, either it doesn't work or I end up feeling hungover the next day.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: September 10, 2015, 12:24:21 PM »
NO EAT IT AT MY DESK...I HAD PREVIOUS JOBS 45/1HR BREAKROOM OR OUT,,NOT HERE ,,BIGGEST PEEVE I HAVE AT THIS PLACE..

New Jersey's Department of Labor laws suck with regards to breaks and lunch periods. Basically, if you are over 18 years old, your employer is not required to provide breaks and lunch periods.

These are the laws regarding breaks in Oregon according to BOLI (Bureau of Labor and Industry).

REST AND MEAL PERIODS FOR ADULT EMPLOYEES

Unless exempt, Oregon law requires employers to provide meal and rest periods to employees.  Although the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) also covers most Oregon employees and does not require meal or rest periods, employers must comply with the law that is most beneficial to the employee—in this case, the Oregon law.

The typical adult employee whose work period is eight hours long is entitled to receive at least a 30-minute unpaid meal period and two paid ten-minute rest breaks.  Different provisions apply to minor employees under the age of 18.  (Contact BOLI for more information.)

Oregon law provides BOLI with the authority to assess civil penalties against employers of up to $1,000 for each violation of the meal and rest period provisions of the law.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: September 10, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »

How do you manage? I need at least 8 hours of sleep to feel rested and alert.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: September 10, 2015, 12:40:26 PM »
I lay down around 11pm, wake up a few times 30 minutes to an hour each time and I get up at 5am. Sometimes I only get an hour of sleep. Meh, whatever, been this way since my teens. Tried tons of stuff that's supposed to help sleep, either it doesn't work or I end up feeling hungover the next day.

Is your bedroom conducive to sleep? Televisions , computers, iPads and video games are problematic not only because of the light they cause, but because of their content, which can rile up the brain just as you’re trying to calm it down. Many other things can interrupt sleep, such as pets, noise, bright lights, stress and clocks. There is nothing worse than waking up repeatedly and looking at a clock as the minutes and hours tick by.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: September 10, 2015, 01:04:33 PM »
waking up repeatedly and looking at a clock as the minutes and hours tick by.
Every night.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: September 10, 2015, 07:13:15 PM »

Wow.......I don't know how you do it..when that happens to me I'm a wreck for a week...but it works for you obviously

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: September 10, 2015, 10:56:15 PM »
Every night.

Throw the fucking clock out of your bedroom.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: September 10, 2015, 11:02:22 PM »
I have been sleeping a lot lately. It is my escape from reality and a way to process the emotions I am presently feeling. If I couldn't spend that time in dream world, I'd probably go nuts. My wife is the main focus of my dreams these days. I think we are working through some of the shit we never resolved. The same is true for our daughter. Sleep makes these hard times better.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #515 on: September 11, 2015, 01:58:51 AM »
I've had shitty sleep patterns since I've been 19. No matter what time I have to be up in the morning, I don't go to bed until 2-3am. I also get up multiple times per night. Its 4:56am now and I'm up for no reason. Didn't go to bed until 2:00am. Meh.
X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #516 on: September 11, 2015, 07:15:36 AM »
X2...hope the hand sanitizer works better next time.

I haven't had a cold in 5 years I think. Working out in a crowded gym and my new job where I'm around 100's of people a day has given me major exposure. Many people are sick at work. I got it mild compared to many.

Going to end my gym membership and get back to home training. It was fun while it lasted.

Worked back and chest:

Power cleans 2 x 6

Lat pulldowns using straps 2 x 8 ( found these straps in Iron Man magazine. They work great. Has little D rings to attach.)
Dumbbell row off bench 2 x 10 (Used moderate 80lbs but went slow all the way up and down to dead hang)
Seated lat rows using V handle 2 x 12
Hammer strength pull down 2 x 10
Pull ups 1 x max

Dumbbell flat bench 2 x 7
Hammer strength incline 2 x 8
Hammer bench 2 x 6
Dumbbell flies 2 x 10
Machine flies 3 x 10
Machine bench 1 x 6 (don't know the brand but the whole stack felt light)

Semi stiff leg deadlifts 2 x 6 (Used 25lbs plates to get a greater range. Only went up to 195lbs but strict form)

ab coaster 2x 21 (40lbs)
ab wheel 1 x max
ab twisting machine 2 x 10

Gym Observations:

1. Told a Port Authority cop I knew there that I was sorry about his losses. We talked about that day and the months ahead of the things that only someone our positions could relate too. Still haunts me of the father who gave me a picture of his daughter who worked in the tower. He asked me to look for her.  I knew from seeing the wreckage if she was in it she was gone. Still think of the pain on his face as he asked me for help and I knew there was nothing I could do. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: September 11, 2015, 07:30:57 AM »
I've had shitty sleep patterns since I've been 19. No matter what time I have to be up in the morning, I don't go to bed until 2-3am. I also get up multiple times per night. Its 4:56am now and I'm up for no reason. Didn't go to bed until 2:00am. Meh.

I usually go to bed about 1am....(after watching Rachel Maddow :D)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #518 on: September 11, 2015, 09:01:42 AM »
was out cycling around and saw this up on a notice... The Cash Bags...a cover Band for Johnny Cash playing in November. I think i´ll maybe go and watch it.. "the Ring of Fire".. ;)
http://www.be-subjective.de/vorberichte/the-cashbags-a-tribute-to-johnny-cash-in-der-cd-kaserne-19-11-2015-celle/

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #519 on: September 11, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »
delts
fr press...135/155/165--165-135 drop
side laterals cable x4
rear delt raises seated x3
db upright rows 35/40/45
cable underhanded bar fr raises x3

bi's
premade curl bar curls 60/80/80 15/12/12 reps
seated curl machine x3
concentration curls x3 30/35/40
cable curls single arm done together x3

forearms
weighted rope rollups
behind back wrist curls x3

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: September 11, 2015, 10:29:14 AM »
Thursday was back and delts day.

25 minutes of cardio on treadmill.

Hammer Strength pull downs, 4x15-8
Nautilus compound rowing, 4x12-8
Nautilus upper back, 4x12-8
ISO Lateral overhead press, 4x12-8
Standing side lateral raises, 4x15-10
Reverse peckdeck/delt machine, 4x12-10
Shugs using the ISO lateral bench press, 4x12-8
Cable pullups, 4x12-8
Nautilus low back, 4x12-8

Gym observations: Andre and his girlfriend were on side by side elliptical machines, holding hands while they worked out....young love! Cheryl was sitting on the floor behind the counter arranging the display case and a male coworker was standing with his back to the counter. From a distance, it appeared as if they were his crotch to her face. It looked weird, but then I have a dirty mind sometimes.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #521 on: September 11, 2015, 05:41:05 PM »
I haven't had a cold in 5 years I think. Working out in a crowded gym and my new job where I'm around 100's of people a day has given me major exposure. Many people are sick at work. I got it mild compared to many.

Going to end my gym membership and get back to home training. It was fun while it lasted.

Worked back and chest:

Power cleans 2 x 6

Lat pulldowns using straps 2 x 8 ( found these straps in Iron Man magazine. They work great. Has little D rings to attach.)
Dumbbell row off bench 2 x 10 (Used moderate 80lbs but went slow all the way up and down to dead hang)
Seated lat rows using V handle 2 x 12
Hammer strength pull down 2 x 10
Pull ups 1 x max

Dumbbell flat bench 2 x 7
Hammer strength incline 2 x 8
Hammer bench 2 x 6
Dumbbell flies 2 x 10
Machine flies 3 x 10
Machine bench 1 x 6 (don't know the brand but the whole stack felt light)

Semi stiff leg deadlifts 2 x 6 (Used 25lbs plates to get a greater range. Only went up to 195lbs but strict form)

ab coaster 2x 21 (40lbs)
ab wheel 1 x max
ab twisting machine 2 x 10

Gym Observations:

1. Told a Port Authority cop I knew there that I was sorry about his losses. We talked about that day and the months ahead of the things that only someone our positions could relate too. Still haunts me of the father who gave me a picture of his daughter who worked in the tower. He asked me to look for her.  I knew from seeing the wreckage if she was in it she was gone. Still think of the pain on his face as he asked me for help and I knew there was nothing I could do. 

Did you mean to stop writing this post when you did?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #522 on: September 11, 2015, 05:43:08 PM »
I have been sleeping a lot lately. It is my escape from reality and a way to process the emotions I am presently feeling. If I couldn't spend that time in dream world, I'd probably go nuts. My wife is the main focus of my dreams these days. I think we are working through some of the shit we never resolved. The same is true for our daughter. Sleep makes these hard times better.

You'll work through it, Prime.  We love you, brother.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #523 on: September 11, 2015, 06:04:42 PM »
Did you mean to stop writing this post when you did?

I guess I meant to continue.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: September 11, 2015, 09:03:18 PM »
Military Presses strict up/down with dimes, sets of 10. Fried the old delts. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!