Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 414829 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #600 on: September 21, 2015, 11:49:23 PM »
I think I've landed in tech hell. First it was the laptop and today it was my Samsung Galaxy Note II, which started turning itself off and back on every minute, rendering it worthless. On my way back from a meeting in Salem, OR I stopped off at Costco and bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. After I got it all set up, I was playing around with the old phone and fixed it by resetting it to factory settings....oh well. Maybe I can give it to the friend I plan to pawn off the now fixed old laptop.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #601 on: September 22, 2015, 06:36:23 AM »
I do miss the women eye candy. I don't know why they are called yoga pants. Some are so sheer they look like panty hose.

Never thought I would say this but I had more energy in the commercial gym. At home I take too much time between sets. I think my nervous energy in the commercial gym was put to good use in training hard.

On a side note I truly am giving up on the bench press. I can't do it anymore without pain and the weights used is pathetic. I was never a strong bencher but I worked out with between 200lbs and 300lbs for a guy weighing under 185lbs. Now doing sets with a 165lbs barbell feels like I am damaging something in my shoulder  pec region. Dumbbells are relatively pain free. Not sure why but maybe it allows my wrists to twist in a more natural/pain free position. My pecs feel more involved with dumbbells too. Maybe it's because they go wide on the down stroke and close together at the finish.  Flat dumbbells bench and incline dumbbell bench is probably my future. Push ups are pain free.

I always rotated my hands slightly inwards from a Palms facing each other position when i had shoulder pain. Push ups are great along with Dips (said before you can do them).

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #602 on: September 22, 2015, 06:40:56 AM »
But can you stick a quarter in your ass crack and walk around without it dropping out? This is an exercise professional dancers do and we all know they have tight asses. ;D
Will report back on this experiment.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #603 on: September 22, 2015, 03:22:03 PM »
Trained legs:

Leg Press 2 x 12
Squats 3 x 8
leg extension 2 x 20
seated leg curls 2 x 15
standing leg curls 2 x 12

Side bends with a single dumbbells 1 x 15
Hanging leg raises 2 x max
Pulley ab crunches 2 x 25

Leg press calf raises 2 x 25
Standing calf raises 2 x 15
Seated calf raises 2 x 15

Neck work

Anyone else use supplements and wonder if it's a waste?  I got down to a protein powder and a cheap multi vitamin now. I remember back in the day it was protein powder, creatine, multi vitamin, Separate D,C,B, and E.  I also used glutamine.

Talked to a Marine Corps Recon today at my job. We just started talking while he said he was waiting for someone. He said he spent 5 years in the Marine corps and was mainly used as a sniper. He said he was shot but he recovered ending his Marine Corps career. He went into the Marine right out of high school. When he got out he said he felt lost. He didn't know how to get a job or what field to get into. He drifted for awhile before he landed on his feet in construction.  He has his own company now and he said he has plenty of work. I have a vague recollection of him from his high school wrestling. He took second in the State.  He said he never wants to have a job where he needs a gun again. Told him I carried for 31 years and still do but I never shot anyone.  I hope I never do.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #604 on: September 22, 2015, 03:45:04 PM »
He said he never wants to have a job where he needs a gun again. Told him I carried for 31 years and still do but I never shot anyone.  I hope I never do.   

I too hope you never have a reason to shoot someone. It is something most people have a really hard time getting over.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #605 on: September 22, 2015, 05:14:00 PM »
I too hope you never have a reason to shoot someone. It is something most people have a really hard time getting over.
You owe me a quarter. :-X :P
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #606 on: September 22, 2015, 07:11:10 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #607 on: September 22, 2015, 11:29:38 PM »
You owe me a quarter. :-X :P

I'll send you one if you don't lose it in some dark place.  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #608 on: September 23, 2015, 02:32:16 AM »
Get this thread back to training Rich...

early morning swim at the local baths and will do some circuits later.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #609 on: September 23, 2015, 03:13:26 AM »
I just ordered this for my Home Gym. Very expensive but will last a life time.
https://ewto-shop.de/article/25

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #610 on: September 23, 2015, 05:01:39 AM »
I just ordered this for my Home Gym. Very expensive but will last a life time.
https://ewto-shop.de/article/25
is it martial arts ?looks it..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #611 on: September 23, 2015, 05:19:36 AM »
is it martial arts ?looks it..
conditions the forearms and hands. There are slight variations in the forms depending on lineage. Jeet kune do has Wing chun/wing tzun/ving tzun elements too. I am really getting back into it and am getting my speed back to what it was. I was down at the school from a Trainer i worked with and while he has more Jeet kune do expertise i am helping out with Wing Tzun.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #612 on: September 23, 2015, 05:48:08 AM »
 ::)
Hit light chest supersets yesterday.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #613 on: September 23, 2015, 06:24:51 AM »
::)
Hit light chest supersets yesterday.
out of all my bodyparts I love supersetting chest,,,blood volume and swell is 'Arnold like...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #614 on: September 23, 2015, 06:28:48 AM »
out of all my bodyparts I love supersetting chest,,,blood volume and swell is 'Arnold like...
got to say at the moment i am getting a great delt/trap pump when i train. OK i am concentrating on these areas but feels great.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #615 on: September 23, 2015, 06:33:21 AM »
got to say at the moment i am getting a great delt/trap pump when i train. OK i am concentrating on these areas but feels great.
I was going to say delts too with the trisets 'we do'..i do traps with back like it better for now...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #616 on: September 23, 2015, 06:45:17 AM »
I was going to say delts too with the trisets 'we do'..i do traps with back like it better for now...
I never really got into Delts/traps and back although it makes sense.. I always agreed with the great Larry Scott that arms and delts tie in together. Traps i have always trained with shoulders.. being honest though you activate them all the time with other bodyparts. I try to concentrate on them in shoulder training.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #617 on: September 23, 2015, 06:47:35 AM »
I never really got into Delts/traps and back although it makes sense.. I always agreed with the great Larry Scott that arms and delts tie in together. Traps i have always trained with shoulders.. being honest though you activate them all the time with other bodyparts. I try to concentrate on them in shoulder training.
I like it as well delt day...but my upper back is already stimulated on back day so why not....

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #618 on: September 23, 2015, 06:56:35 AM »
I like it as well delt day...but my upper back is already stimulated on back day so why not....
exactly... no rules just your unique body. I am doing a lot of neider presses and things most Bodybuilders would not do .. i am working with the tools at my disposal. Getting the job done. This is why i also like Bill pearl and Frank zane. i was looking through my book from Bill today for new moves , "Keys to the Inner Universe". This is a great book. So many exercises.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #619 on: September 23, 2015, 07:28:09 AM »
Today was a cardio day but I felt burned out from lifting and work. Just doing nothing this morning waiting to go to work.  I feel the guilt of not doing it but sometimes you just have to listen to your body.  Tomorrow is delt and arms.

How do you guys manage missed workouts? Do you just accept it or do you beat yourself up over it like me?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #620 on: September 23, 2015, 07:35:23 AM »
Today was a cardio day but I felt burned out from lifting and work. Just doing nothing this morning waiting to go to work.  I feel the guilt of not doing it but sometimes you just have to listen to your body.  Tomorrow is delt and arms.

How do you guys manage missed workouts? Do you just accept it or do you beat yourself up over it like me?
no a rest Day is good Rich. Anyway youŽll get exercise at work.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #621 on: September 23, 2015, 07:38:21 AM »

I learned only recently its not a missed workout ,its a body rest day...I used to agonize no more,,i eat and fill out ,start again,,i do 3 in a row,2 workouts and then go from there...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #622 on: September 23, 2015, 07:57:30 AM »
I guess I will be fresh and ready to kill it tomorrow.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #623 on: September 23, 2015, 08:03:15 AM »
I guess I will be fresh and ready to kill it tomorrow.
;D the mind needs a rest too... man if i lived there where you are Rich i would be on heat 24/7 all these babes  :P the Beach ...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #624 on: September 23, 2015, 08:08:19 AM »
;D the mind needs a rest too... man if i lived there where you are Rich i would be on heat 24/7 all these babes  :P the Beach ...
X2...