Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 414779 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #1600 on: April 23, 2016, 01:35:56 PM »
Really stinks to hear what happened to your car. I know the feeling. I keep my car waxed and detailed to perfection. I guess someone didn't like it and keyed the hood.

Just looked up your gym on the web and looked at pictures. That is one fancy gym. Never worked out in a place that nice. You would think the gym I work out in is a dump dungeon. A 45lbs plate is a 45lbs plate no matter where you go is what I tell myself about all gyms.

Really impressive place. I left out the pool picture.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1601 on: April 23, 2016, 02:24:03 PM »
Yeah, it is a pretty cool gym. The pictures actually make it look a little nicer than it is.

Here are some of the features which make this gym great. Cheryl and Lisa are trainers. They also work the counter. Lisa and her husband own the gyms (there are two locations). Lisa was a competitive natural bodybuilder.

Inner Beast cross fit training is across the parking lot as is the Zumba and Yoga classes.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1602 on: April 23, 2016, 06:16:27 PM »
My gym is a little nicer than Dorian Yates Temple gym but compares to Metro gym that Coleman trained in but a lot neater. Wish I had a pictures but my gym's own web site doesn't have any.  I like hard core gyms but I would love to train in the gym you train at. It would be so much fun to train with Nautilus for awhile.  That is one huge gym.  

Going to train at home for awhile exclusively.  Old school.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1603 on: April 24, 2016, 02:38:26 AM »
Early morning run today. later it will be too busy. I do not like Sundays..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1604 on: April 24, 2016, 10:36:30 AM »
My gym is a little nicer than Dorian Yates Temple gym but compares to Metro gym that Coleman trained in but a lot neater. Wish I had a pictures but my gym's own web site doesn't have any.  I like hard core gyms but I would love to train in the gym you train at. It would be so much fun to train with Nautilus for awhile.  That is one huge gym.  

Going to train at home for awhile exclusively.  Old school.

My medical insurance, Regence Med Advantage offers a program called Silver Sneakers. There are 13,000 gyms accepting Silver Sneakers, including the gym I already belong to. Just for fun, yesterday I joined LA Fitness. I may also join 24 Hour Fitness. I am able to use any of their facilities worldwide and it costs me nothing. I do, however still pay dues at Oregon City Nautilus.

https://www.silversneakers.com/

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1605 on: April 24, 2016, 10:51:00 AM »
A lot of fuss here Today with the visit of President Obama. Saw quite a few Choppers overhead.
http://www.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-Stadt/Uebersicht/Barack-Obama-Besuch-in-Hannover-The-Beast-bereits-in-Deutschland

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1606 on: April 24, 2016, 03:24:54 PM »
A lot of fuss here Today with the visit of President Obama. Saw quite a few Choppers overhead.
http://www.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-Stadt/Uebersicht/Barack-Obama-Besuch-in-Hannover-The-Beast-bereits-in-Deutschland

Worst and most divisive President we ever had.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1607 on: April 24, 2016, 04:13:04 PM »
Worst and most divisive President we ever had.

Time will tell. Many folks believe he's done a good job. I happen to be one of them.

President Obama's approval rating currently stands at about 50%. President Bush's approval rating also was near the 50% mark overall. Most of the past 11 Presidents had average approval ratings near 50% with the exception of President Kennedy and President Eisenhower. Their approval ratings were 70% and 65% respectively.

When times are bad as they were in 2008-2009 Presidential approval rating fall. People are looking for a scapegoat and the President is at the top of their list. President Obama had the misfortune of inheriting circumstances caused in part by the previous administration. The Jury's still out on Obamacare. It too is a 50/50 proposition, but the approval rating is going up.

Personally, I believe President Obama could be the best President we've ever had and his approval rating would remain the same. There are a lot of people who will never get past the fact that President Obama is black.  

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1608 on: April 24, 2016, 05:51:35 PM »
Time will tell. Many folks believe he's done a good job. I happen to be one of them.

President Obama's approval rating currently stands at about 50%. President Bush's approval rating also was near the 50% mark overall. Most of the past 11 Presidents had average approval ratings near 50% with the exception of President Kennedy and President Eisenhower. Their approval ratings were 70% and 65% respectively.

When times are bad as they were in 2008-2009 Presidential approval rating fall. People are looking for a scapegoat and the President is at the top of their list. President Obama had the misfortune of inheriting circumstances caused in part by the previous administration. The Jury's still out on Obamacare. It too is a 50/50 proposition, but the approval rating is going up.

Personally, I believe President Obama could be the best President we've ever had and his approval rating would remain the same. There are a lot of people who will never get past the fact that President Obama is black.  

I will drop this after this. It has nothing to do with that he is black. When ever he is criticized that's the standard response from the left is the cry of racism. Every move he makes is wrong. His approval rating from the sheep means nothing. I know the area you are from are full of left leaning people.  He is wrecking this country.  

His first two years he had both the house and senate Democrat majorities and he did nothing with it. He claimed he saved the car industry but neglects to mention Ford refused the massive bail out money offered to GM and Chrysler. Ford came out fine. In order to avoid embarrassment they offered the big three a relatively minor Green energy grant that Ford took and they spun to tell the lie that Ford took the bailout. It's also spin that the money was repaid. He is destroying the coal industry. His Obama care is a night mare. He has created enemy out of Israel. He has released billions to Iran  while they continue to threaten America while continuing their pursuit of a bomb. He has lost respect world wide. He continues to lie with stats about unemployment counting low paying part time jobs while ignoring those who came off unemployment that dropped off the stat count. Food stamps have exploded under his watch.  He has dropped a massive amount of arms and vehicles to the the Syrian resistance that ended up completely in ISIS hands.  He did the same thing in the Libya destabilizing the country with that civil war. His limited rules of engagement with ISIS is a joke. Russia did more in three weeks than we did in a year. He has made  Saudi Arabia turn their back on us because of our sweet heart deal with Iran. Another close ally in the middle east Eqypt we supported the over throw that brought the Muslim brother hood that promptly killed Coptic Christian Eqyptians.  On top of this all he has added to the debt more than any President. No, he didn't deserve credit for Osama bin Laden's death as much as he praised himself in that speech he gave. All credit goes to military intelligence and the military. This country has rapidly gone down hill under his watch.  He is pure evil. The liberal complicit news providers like ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, Washington Post, NY Times, Huffington post and all the rest lead the clueless sheep to believe he's doing good. Worst and most divisive President in my life.  

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1609 on: April 24, 2016, 07:49:02 PM »
sat leg day'brutal heavy work,sunday finished yard work'i keep a pristine lawn 'mow myself'lawn dr does the hard work lol'chemical wise'.we planted azalaes bushes and our birdbath did some stonework around it,,grilled turley burgers and used goat cheese and fig spread on bun'delicioius'

leg day
leg press warmedup/stretch sets..worked 5 plates side/6/7/7 and 25
v squat hammer/3/4/5 plates side
walking lunges 80 lb bar on back x2
extensions x3 220/235/240 x12

hams
single leg standing leg curls 70/90/100 x10
seated leg curls 180/195/210

calves leg press 3 plates/3 and 25/4/4
seated calf raises x3

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1610 on: April 25, 2016, 12:34:42 AM »
I'd pay for one training session so long as it ended with me spewing on her tits.  No offense.

None taken.  Lisa is married. Her husband might take offense. In my opinion, Cheryl is hotter than Lisa.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1611 on: April 25, 2016, 07:12:27 AM »
I will drop this after this. It has nothing to do with that he is black. When ever he is criticized that's the standard response from the left is the cry of racism. Every move he makes is wrong. His approval rating from the sheep means nothing. I know the area you are from are full of left leaning people.  He is wrecking this country.  

His first two years he had both the house and senate Democrat majorities and he did nothing with it. He claimed he saved the car industry but neglects to mention Ford refused the massive bail out money offered to GM and Chrysler. Ford came out fine. In order to avoid embarrassment they offered the big three a relatively minor Green energy grant that Ford took and they spun to tell the lie that Ford took the bailout. It's also spin that the money was repaid. He is destroying the coal industry. His Obama care is a night mare. He has created enemy out of Israel. He has released billions to Iran  while they continue to threaten America while continuing their pursuit of a bomb. He has lost respect world wide. He continues to lie with stats about unemployment counting low paying part time jobs while ignoring those who came off unemployment that dropped off the stat count. Food stamps have exploded under his watch.  He has dropped a massive amount of arms and vehicles to the the Syrian resistance that ended up completely in ISIS hands.  He did the same thing in the Libya destabilizing the country with that civil war. His limited rules of engagement with ISIS is a joke. Russia did more in three weeks than we did in a year. He has made  Saudi Arabia turn their back on us because of our sweet heart deal with Iran. Another close ally in the middle east Eqypt we supported the over throw that brought the Muslim brother hood that promptly killed Coptic Christian Eqyptians.  On top of this all he has added to the debt more than any President. No, he didn't deserve credit for Osama bin Laden's death as much as he praised himself in that speech he gave. All credit goes to military intelligence and the military. This country has rapidly gone down hill under his watch.  He is pure evil. The liberal complicit news providers like ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, Washington Post, NY Times, Huffington post and all the rest lead the clueless sheep to believe he's doing good. Worst and most divisive President in my life.  

x2
Especially the last line
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1612 on: April 25, 2016, 09:25:20 AM »
Trained legs:

Squats 3 x 8 185, 225, 235 then I sank one rep with 285lbs.
leg press 2 x 12 4 plates a side going deep
stiff leg dead 2 x 6 215lb
leg extension 2 x 12
standing leg curl 2 x 12

standing calf 2 x 12 205lbs
seated calf 2 x 15 90lbs (tried to do full controlled range of motion reps)

4 way neck 2 x 15 a side

Ab wheel 2 x 20
machine crunch 2 x 20

Gym Observations:

Some dufuss trips and fell on his ass by the squat racks. Wait it was me.  Still don't know what happened. 

Does everyone just talk like crazy in this gym? I think many people just come to socialize.  The yapping was really bad today.  Few guys are training hard. Most of the talkers aren't even breathing hard. Some even talk during their reps. I couldn't say a word during most of my reps.

I'm glad the owner got a new punching bag. It's just mounted to low. If I was fighting a guy 5'2" it would be perfect for a head shot. He said he would fix it.

Saw a guy posing in between sets in the mirror. This a first for this place. He actually looked good but not in a bloated muscle steroid look. Just for the record I have never posed in the mirror in a gym. Not that I have any muscles.  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1613 on: April 25, 2016, 04:50:43 PM »
Checked out myself in the mirror in the locker room.....like what I saw.  ;D

Anyway, I worked out at a LA Fitness gym today, working arms. What an array of equipment they have. There is everything including cable and pulley machines, plate loaded machines Nautilus, Hammer Strength and others plus free weights. The free weight setup is the least comprehensive. Compared to OC Nautilus Plus where I normally workout, LA fitness has a lot more space so the machines are well spaced.

I did not write down what I did, so this is from memory and I am keeping it simple and lacking in detail.

Using Hammer Strength and Nautilus I did 3 different movements for both triceps and biceps, working them from a variety of angles. I did between 3 and 5 sets on each with reps in the 15 to 8 range. The heavier the resistance, the less reps I did. Because of the different machine from what I am used to it was difficult to figure out what resistance I needed until I got started. On some machines I could use more than normal for me and on other machines less. For the most part, these machines insured every movement was very strict.

The one muscle group I couldn't work directly was forearms. Despite all the equipment they have there is nothing that targets forearms.  I did get in a good ab workout though. Due to time constraints, I skipped cardio. To make up for this I only rested 30 seconds between sets and I moved from one machine right to the other. Since I did not know anyone there I wasn't distracted by having conversations.

The crème de la crème was the juice bar. I ordered a 16 oz Pina Colada and mango smoothie with two scoops of protein at the end of the workout for only $6.50.

Tomorrow it's hams and calves.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1614 on: April 26, 2016, 02:44:29 AM »
Looks like wolves are closer than i thought. Was a case of a woman in Celle in April 2016 out walking a Dog and the dog was attacked by a wolf. Below video taken by a Farmer by the looks of it...hope i don´t meet them in the woods :'(

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1615 on: April 26, 2016, 04:35:37 AM »
It would really ruin your day if they were chasing you when you are out for cardio.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1616 on: April 26, 2016, 05:03:11 AM »
It would really ruin your day if they were chasing you when you are out for cardio.
I´ll climb a tree... :D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1617 on: April 26, 2016, 06:00:29 AM »
chest/tri/abs/treadmill...

been getting great workouts minimal soreness on shoulder following days after chest/delt day.

FDB PRESS GETTING STRENGHT AND ROM BACK CLOSE TO 100 PCT,,STILL PALMS IN THO TOP TO BOTTOM 50/60/65/70
INC DB PRESS,THESE I COULD DO NORMAL 50/55/60
SEATED HAMMER LOW TO MID PRESS,,STARTS LOW AND ARCS TO MIDPOINT AT FINISH..2 PLATES .2 PLATES AND 10'S.2 PLATES AND 25,1 PLATE AND 25 REP SET...12/10/10/15
CABLE CROSSOVERS X3
INC FLYE WITH 40'S TILL GASSED X2

ABOUT 17 SETS

TRIS
LYING SKULL CRUSHERS WITH PRESS COMBO PREMADE CURL BAR 60/70/70 10X10
DIP MACHINE 170/180/190 X10
ROPE PUSHDOWNS X3

ABS AND TREADMILL

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1618 on: April 26, 2016, 09:18:50 AM »
Cardio day: Ran 3.1 miles today in slightly under 9 minute pace. The sun is shining and it's 65 degrees Fahrenheit here. When to the gym to work on the heavy bag.  I was smacking it pretty good. Thoroughly spent now.

Gym Observations:

The owner put up a new heavy bag that is long enough for low kicks.  I'd hit that. Has such a better feel to it than the cheap bag he had up before. 

Talked to a regular and we both said who are all the strangers in the gym.  The gym had a small friendly feel to it and now nothing but new people.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1619 on: April 26, 2016, 09:29:45 AM »
Cardio day: Ran 3.1 miles today in slightly under 9 minute pace. The sun is shining and it's 65 degrees Fahrenheit here. When to the gym to work on the heavy bag.  I was smacking it pretty good. Thoroughly spent now.

Gym Observations:

The owner put up a new heavy bag that is long enough for low kicks.  I'd hit that. Has such a better feel to it than the cheap bag he had up before. 

Talked to a regular and we both said who are all the strangers in the gym.  The gym had a small friendly feel to it and now nothing but new people.
ARE Y TRAINING HOME SOON AGAIN OR STAYING THERE?SEEMS LIKE A REAL COOL PLACE...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1620 on: April 26, 2016, 01:13:57 PM »
Looks like wolves are closer than i thought. Was a case of a woman in Celle in April 2016 out walking a Dog and the dog was attacked by a wolf. Below video taken by a Farmer by the looks of it...hope i don´t meet them in the woods :'(

You could end up like Leonardo DiCaprio in the Reverant.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1621 on: April 26, 2016, 04:19:23 PM »
ARE Y TRAINING HOME SOON AGAIN OR STAYING THERE?SEEMS LIKE A REAL COOL PLACE...

Yesterday I started at home and I stopped after the first two sets. I got in my car and drove the mile or so to the commercial gym. I know I'm a little schizophrenic with saying I'm going to train at home and the next day I drive to the commercial gym. I'm basically just winging it.  I trained so many years (decades) mainly at home. Since last summer I have been working out mainly in commercial gyms. I have been enjoying it.  I do miss the home gym.  Let me ask my schizophrenic self a question, " Next week are you training at home?" Me, "Probably, maybe, who the hell knows?"

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1622 on: April 26, 2016, 07:11:23 PM »
Yesterday I started at home and I stopped after the first two sets. I got in my car and drove the mile or so to the commercial gym. I know I'm a little schizophrenic with saying I'm going to train at home and the next day I drive to the commercial gym. I'm basically just winging it.  I trained so many years (decades) mainly at home. Since last summer I have been working out mainly in commercial gyms. I have been enjoying it.  I do miss the home gym.  Let me ask my schizophrenic self a question, " Next week are you training at home?" Me, "Probably, maybe, who the hell knows?"

cool...both good.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1623 on: April 27, 2016, 05:22:32 AM »
You could end up like Leonardo DiCaprio in the Reverant.
;D i have actually never seen that film. Workout today.

Incline BB press 3x10-12
BB rows 3x10-12
BB upright rows 3x10-12
Parallel Bar dips 3xmax
ez bar curls 3x10-12
Front squats 3x10-12
Lying leg curls 3x10-12
Seated calf raises 3x 15-20

Abs i did yesterday after my run, never met any Furry Friends ;) I find direct after my run my waist area is worked from running too.. so after a good set of Hanging Knee raises or crunches they tire very quickly. I was running the other day near Burgdorf and it was good because there was a so called "trim dig" or "par Kur" i think we used to call it with exercise stations along the route. Chinning Bars, sit ups, even logs to do squats which we did. Was great fun.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1624 on: April 27, 2016, 05:33:54 AM »
;D i have actually never seen that film. Workout today.

Incline BB press 3x10-12
BB rows 3x10-12
BB upright rows 3x10-12
Parallel Bar dips 3xmax
ez bar curls 3x10-12
Front squats 3x10-12
Lying leg curls 3x10-12
Seated calf raises 3x 15-20

Abs i did yesterday after my run, never met any Furry Friends ;) I find direct after my run my waist area is worked from running too.. so after a good set of Hanging Knee raises or crunches they tire very quickly. I was running the other day near Burgdorf and it was good because there was a so called "trim dig" or "par Kur" i think we used to call it with exercise stations along the route. Chinning Bars, sit ups, even logs to do squats which we did. Was great fun.

nice,,how ya feeling.