Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Why do people still worship a 'higher power'

<< < (12/12)

Johnny Apollo:

--- Quote from: clever_username on April 26, 2006, 12:03:09 PM ---4% is still 12 million. That's a big enough sample size....

Again though, I would say we are debating simplified numbers. I'm sure the true variables have filled more than a doctoral dissertation or two.

--- End quote ---

Right. so the sample size is 12 million in and of itself. You don't copaire it from where the sample came from or else your numbers will get mixed.

In short all you have to remember is this "The majority of criminals are Christians."

clever_username:

--- Quote from: Johnny Apollo on April 26, 2006, 12:05:16 PM ---
Right. so the sample size is 12 million in and of itself. You don't copaire it from where the sample came from or else your numbers will get mixed.

In short all you have to remember is this "The majority of criminals are Christians."

--- End quote ---

Still don't agree. If you assume that any randomly-selected adult from the US population has an equal propensity of going to prison, then so long as you draw enough samples (12 million certainly is enough), then you would expect your prison population demographics to be identitical. But, at 80% versus 59%, it is not, therefore based on this simple argument, Christians have less propensity.

Agian, though, I do beleive there are other mitigating factors outside of declared religion that determine a population's likelihood for imprisionment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version