Author Topic: why eat clean..IF  (Read 19201 times)

Redwine

• Getbig II
  • Reality is Wrong, Dreams are for Real!
why eat clean..IF
« on: October 26, 2007, 08:05:49 PM »
heyya broz! i just wanna know.. whts the point eating clean if you are not preparing for any comp in d nearest time? i feel if one is not preparing for comp.. its better to eat right?

maybe.. sun, mon, tues - eat clean
wed- cheat day
thurs , fri - eat clean
sat- cheat day

wht you guys say for this?
Make It Simple!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: why eat clean..IF
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:16:44 PM »
because the more fat you put on, the more muscle you will lose whiel dieting that fat-off come pre-contest time. you dont have to put on fat to put on muscle. there is no benefits from over eating to the point that you store excess calories as bodyfat....only overeating to the point that its stored as muscle.(an excess of 300 calories per day)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 10:34:52 PM »
More fat = lowered testosterone levels also.

Cheat days/meals are fine if not competing............jus t keep portions moderate and don`t use them as an excuse to get sloppy.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 02:57:11 AM »

Cheat days/meals are fine if not competing............jus t keep portions moderate and don`t use them as an excuse to get sloppy.

lower GH levels too
LOCAL GYM HERO

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 03:01:13 AM »

more fat = less pussy

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 03:25:23 AM »
Great thread!

Redwine

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 04:51:21 AM »
hey broz.. thanks for d quick replies.. do you guys think this plan would do good?

sun, mon, tues - eat clean
wed- cheat day
thurs , fri - eat clean
sat- cheat day
Make It Simple!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 07:20:12 AM »
hey broz.. thanks for d quick replies.. do you guys think this plan would do good?

sun, mon, tues - eat clean
wed- cheat day
thurs , fri - eat clean
sat- cheat day

good  enough

Redwine

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 08:56:34 PM »
right now i have no plans to compete till next june.. so considered offseason.. and let say im eating clean.. should i add more carbs or? by adding more carbs.. is it possible to keep my waist line down?
Make It Simple!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 09:00:05 AM »
Eat the majority of your carbs at post-workout and early in the day for best results.

Carb cycling is a good option even in off-season if you want to avoid adding too much bodyfat.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 12:33:50 AM »
well there's also the health reasons....eating clean is being clean.  Eating crap is becoming crap.  Honestly, at some point even if you are not competing you have to realize that eating junk just makes you feel like junk and perform that way too.  Try this, if you want to over eat-over eat on all clean foods and see how much more you grow...meaning, eat a pizza's worth of calories with grass fed beef and eggs.

romeo

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 08:05:08 PM »

i take it you are referring to 'body fat; and not dietary fat?

body fat has been shown by studies to be inversely proportionate to test production/ levels.

however nat test is made from fat.

i think thats what you meant big guy.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 09:29:40 PM »
man that sounds pretty good to me, I dont think your gonna put on any fat if your not going completely crazy on your cheat days

Redwine

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 10:03:54 PM »
heyya broz.. thanks for d replies :P  im been eating clean for the past 2 months. having cheat day only once a week.. but then i feel im loosing way too much mass.. wonder why.. thts why i thought of having 2 cheat days in a week
Make It Simple!

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 11:04:27 PM »
because eating clean usually means less calories, you need to eat alot more when eating clean especially if you watch your carb intake , which u probly should.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 03:12:58 AM »
Increase protein,water,and cycle your carbs................2 low days,2 higher days,2 low days,and so on.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 01:23:36 PM »

I thought more fat in your diet = increased test and gh levels, maybe im wrong.... :-\

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 04:17:24 AM »

more fat = less pussy

hahaha, im startin to like this guy.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 03:08:46 PM »
I thought more fat in your diet = increased test and gh levels, maybe im wrong.... :-\
you are correct, BUT, i think wes was reffering to bodyfat %, not nutrient intake %. carrying more than 13% body fatlowers your test, gh, igf-1, metabolic rate and just about everything that you want to be high.   
having more than 40% dietary fat intake raises your test, gh, igf-1, fat tissue metabolic rate, and just about everything else you want to be high.

not that it has anything to do with anything at all....but imo, the best bb diet is high protein/high-moderate fat/moderate-low fiber

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 10:46:58 PM »
because the more fat you put on, the more muscle you will lose whiel dieting that fat-off come pre-contest time. you dont have to put on fat to put on muscle. there is no benefits from over eating to the point that you store excess calories as bodyfat....only overeating to the point that its stored as muscle.(an excess of 300 calories per day)

Well said.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 11:15:22 PM »
Yeah only problem with having more than one cheat day a week is that you tend to get a taste for the junk food, and before you know it you are eating crap all week :o. I'd say save your cheat day for like Sat or Sunday so if you go out on the weekend you don't feel bad about eating out etc.

rick brophy

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 12:44:53 AM »
Yeah only problem with having more than one cheat day a week is that you tend to get a taste for the junk food, and before you know it you are eating crap all week :o. I'd say save your cheat day for like Sat or Sunday so if you go out on the weekend you don't feel bad about eating out etc.

YUP. At one point in my dieting I had basically forgotten what burgers, pizza and chinese food tasted like. Then I started doing weekly cheat days which helped me shed a lot of weight ( I lost 5 pounds 3 days after one cheat day ), but then I had the taste for junk again and it was tougher to stay strong.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 08:35:49 AM »
YUP. At one point in my dieting I had basically forgotten what burgers, pizza and chinese food tasted like. Then I started doing weekly cheat days which helped me shed a lot of weight ( I lost 5 pounds 3 days after one cheat day ), but then I had the taste for junk again and it was tougher to stay strong.
this is the main reason why i NEVER cheat anymore. to me...cheat foods taste like almonds, cashews, and whole eggs.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 04:26:08 PM »
when you're eating for nutrition, not taste, you're on the right track

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 12:49:13 PM »
Nothing but morons on this thread.

There is no such thing as a "dirty" or "bad" food.

I eat whatever I wish.

I scoff at the entire ignorance contained therein regarding this thread.

The majority of you not only look awful, but will never look nearly like anything worthy of note.