Author Topic: THE GOSPEL MESSAGE  (Read 25153 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
THE GOSPEL MESSAGE
« on: October 19, 2015, 07:23:52 AM »
I wanted to post this message and sticky it at the top of the board just in case I'm gone and anyone seeking to know the risen Lord and God Jesus Christ had questions about how to do so.

The gospel message (or "good news") is quite simple in that Jesus Christ died on Calvary's cross to pay for humanity's sins so that we may escape God's wrath and judgment and be forever aligned with him in righteousness.  This sacrificial, loving act of God is his greatest gift to his creation.

The path to salvation is expressed nicely in Romans 10:9:

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Saved from what?  You're saved from God's wrath and judgment that every one of us deserves because of our sin.  We have all fallen short of God's standards for us and have willfully and woefully chosen to defy him in sin.   We deserve to be separated from his righteousness and his divine attributes once we exit this life.

What is sin?  Sin is an offense against God.  It's a violation of his divine, eternal law.

Some of you may desire to know the reality of God in your lives.   Others may desire to turn away from their current life, turn from their sin and get right with God and be aligned with him in righteousness.

If that is you, simply come to the Lord in prayer.  If you've never prayed before that's perfectly alright.  If you can, go to a quiet, private spot and speak your heart to God humbly.  Confess your sins before him, ask him for forgiveness, surrender to his will for your life and simply believe that Jesus Christ's death on Calvary's cross was sufficient to pay for your sins and by declaring him as your Lord and believing that he is raised from the dead know that you are forever saved.  

From that point forward you are now made a new creature in Christ Jesus and are filled with the Holy Spirit of God who will guide your righteous path for the remainder of your days on this earth.  Once you exit this life you will spend eternity with our blessed God, Lord and savior Jesus Christ.  

If you need help you can PM me and I'd be happy to help as best I'm able.  I encourage everyone to give their heart....give their lives to Jesus!  It is only through Jesus Christ that we can be saved.

God bless you!!
MOS

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: THE GOSPEL MESSAGE
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 08:14:58 AM »
*** PLEASE NOTE ***

This is not a debate thread or even a discussion thread. 

Any debate, objections, challenges, mocking, etc.....will be obliterated by me without hesitation.   :)

You can simply start another thread for that.   ;)

I have not locked this thread though.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 03:36:32 PM »
Romans 10:9 is my stronghold when it comes too knowing im saved. That and Mark 16:16

DaRooster

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 07:03:28 AM »
I wanted to post this message and sticky it at the top of the board just in case I'm gone and anyone seeking to know the risen Lord and God Jesus Christ had questions about how to do so.

The gospel message (or "good news") is quite simple in that Jesus Christ died on Calvary's cross to pay for humanity's sins so that we may escape God's wrath and judgment and be forever aligned with him in righteousness.  This sacrificial, loving act of God is his greatest gift to his creation.

The path to salvation is expressed nicely in Romans 10:9:

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Saved from what?  You're saved from God's wrath and judgment that every one of us deserves because of our sin.  We have all fallen short of God's standards for us and have willfully and woefully chosen to defy him in sin.   We deserve to be separated from his righteousness and his divine attributes once we exit this life.

What is sin?  Sin is an offense against God.  It's a violation of his divine, eternal law.

Some of you may desire to know the reality of God in your lives.   Others may desire to turn away from their current life, turn from their sin and get right with God and be aligned with him in righteousness.

If that is you, simply come to the Lord in prayer.  If you've never prayed before that's perfectly alright.  If you can, go to a quiet, private spot and speak your heart to God humbly.  Confess your sins before him, ask him for forgiveness, surrender to his will for your life and simply believe that Jesus Christ's death on Calvary's cross was sufficient to pay for your sins and by declaring him as your Lord and believing that he is raised from the dead know that you are forever saved.  

From that point forward you are now made a new creature in Christ Jesus and are filled with the Holy Spirit of God who will guide your righteous path for the remainder of your days on this earth.  Once you exit this life you will spend eternity with our blessed God, Lord and savior Jesus Christ.  

If you need help you can PM me and I'd be happy to help as best I'm able.  I encourage everyone to give their heart....give their lives to Jesus!  It is only through Jesus Christ that we can be saved.

God bless you!!
MOS
Thank you MOS for your witness and your courage to speak the Gospel of our Lord Christ Jesus.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 07:15:24 AM »
Jesus was a good dude.