Author Topic: Trump Derangement Syndrome  (Read 239501 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2017, 04:00:40 PM »
I saw a few excerpts of this new "Caesar" production.
Showing a Trump look-alike getting stabbed to death with special effect blood is disgusting.

The fact that some find it entertaining is even more disturbing.
But this is the ugly side of politics that has always existed.

In fact we have a regular poster ( Coach) has the following statement in his avatar:
" Obama is a coke sniffing, ball washing homo."
Granted, I found it funny, but it does show how the rules of decorum tend to be 1 sided.

It's hypocritical to expect total decency towards YOUR side when you make crude, offensive statements on the other side.

You should become a storyteller! That was rich and compelling...  ::)

a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2017, 11:45:36 AM »
Moby Music Video Blows Up Cartoon Nazi Donald Trump
Brietbart ^ | June 2017 | Jerome Hudson
Posted on 6/20/2017, 2:15:03 PM by drewh

The music video for electronic music-maker Moby’s latest song depicts President Donald Trump as a Nazi robot who is eventually blown up by a band of rebellious citizens.

The three-minute video for Moby’s song “In This Cold Place” sees an evil capitalist Trump, who transforms into a flying swastika money symbol, in a battle to take over a slowly decaying world.

Visuals in the trippy video include a border wall, President Richard Nixon with a Pinocchio-style nose that grows and wraps around the world, and several popular cartoon characters, including He-Man, the Care Bears, Mickey Mouse, and Super Mario.

“As time has passed, I’ve wanted more and more for my work to somehow reflect my political concerns and my world views and issues that are important to me.” Moby said.

The “dystopian and extreme” illustrations were created by English animator Steve Cutts, who Moby demanded push his creative limits.

“‘Oh, do you think we can get away with this?’” Moby recalled Cutts asking. “And I was like, ‘yeah, why not, just make it, go as far you want.'”

By the end of the music video, Trump is blown up in an uprising and all antagonists are destroyed. One scene sees the cartoon protagonists banishing an evil Rupert Murdoch, Theresa May, Kim Jong Un, and a bat-shaped Steve Bannon.

The 51-year-old singer says he’s not concerned about depicting violence against President Trump landing him in legal trouble.

Moby took to Twitter Monday to announce the release of his music video, which he described as a “masterpiece.”

The dance music icon has long been a vocal opponent of President Trump.

Days after the election, Moby wrote an open letter to the American people asking “what the f*ck is wrong” with them.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2017, 02:40:21 PM »
Moby Music Video Blows Up Cartoon Nazi Donald Trump
Brietbart ^ | June 2017 | Jerome Hudson
Posted on 6/20/2017, 2:15:03 PM by drewh

The music video for electronic music-maker Moby’s latest song depicts President Donald Trump as a Nazi robot who is eventually blown up by a band of rebellious citizens.

The three-minute video for Moby’s song “In This Cold Place” sees an evil capitalist Trump, who transforms into a flying swastika money symbol, in a battle to take over a slowly decaying world.

Visuals in the trippy video include a border wall, President Richard Nixon with a Pinocchio-style nose that grows and wraps around the world, and several popular cartoon characters, including He-Man, the Care Bears, Mickey Mouse, and Super Mario.

“As time has passed, I’ve wanted more and more for my work to somehow reflect my political concerns and my world views and issues that are important to me.” Moby said.

The “dystopian and extreme” illustrations were created by English animator Steve Cutts, who Moby demanded push his creative limits.

“‘Oh, do you think we can get away with this?’” Moby recalled Cutts asking. “And I was like, ‘yeah, why not, just make it, go as far you want.'”

By the end of the music video, Trump is blown up in an uprising and all antagonists are destroyed. One scene sees the cartoon protagonists banishing an evil Rupert Murdoch, Theresa May, Kim Jong Un, and a bat-shaped Steve Bannon.

The 51-year-old singer says he’s not concerned about depicting violence against President Trump landing him in legal trouble.

Moby took to Twitter Monday to announce the release of his music video, which he described as a “masterpiece.”

The dance music icon has long been a vocal opponent of President Trump.

Days after the election, Moby wrote an open letter to the American people asking “what the f*ck is wrong” with them.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

F'ing weirdo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2017, 04:21:33 PM »
Ed Klein: Deranged Dems' Trump Obsession Leading Them to 2018 Disaster
Tuesday, 20 Jun 2017

Democrats are suffering from "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and pressing ahead with their misguided mission to take down President Donald Trump – despite the fact it will end in serious losses for them in the 2018 elections, veteran political writer Ed Klein told Newsmax TV.

"I think they're all demented – absolutely demented," Klein, former editor-in-chief of The New York Times Magazine and author of "Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign," told host Bill Tucker on Tuesday's "America Talks Live."

"This 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' that they're victims of . . . is leading them down a path that I think will ultimately be a disaster in 2018.

"Because I think the vast majority of Americans – not only on the East and West coasts but throughout America – realize that the Democrats have absolutely nothing to offer except no, no, no to Donald Trump."

Klein called the Democrats' targeting of Trump "a real threat to our democracy."

"[It's a] refusal to look at the results of an election and accept it," he told Tucker. "We've done that since Thomas Jefferson and [John] Adams 226 years ago. We've accepted the squeaker kind of elections and moved on. The Democrats seem to be incapable of doing that.

"I think there are a lot of wimps in Congress on the Democratic side who are being forced or pushed or impelled by their base . . ."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Democrats-Trump-Derangement-Syndrome-Ed-Klein-2018/2017/06/20/id/797238/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2017, 04:29:47 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2017, 08:02:30 AM »
Phil Donahue Rambles Aimlessly about His Trump Hostility
NewsBusters ^ | June 25, 2017 | P.J. Gladnick
Posted on 6/25/2017, 3:11:43 PM by PJ-Comix

Have you ever had an old grand-uncle that you haven't seen in ages and that you have almost completely forgotten about suddenly show up from out of nowhere? His return quickly reminds you why you originally found him so annoying since he is still obsessed about the same grudges upon which he still continues expounding in an aimless manner.

In this case it is former liberal talk show host Phil Donahue who appeared with Brian Stelter on his CNN Reliable Sources show on June 25. Yes, it was the same old by the numbers predictable liberal Phil and, of course, he was obsessed over President Donald Trump. Donahue went into some bizarre places in order to express his hostility towards Trump, starting with his obsession with people taking cell phone pictures at Trump rallies as we shall see in the following clip:

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2017, 12:06:03 PM »
List Grows: John Cusack denies tweeting 'get yourself buried' death threat to Donald Trump
msn.com ^ | June 27th, 2017 | Alicia Adejobi
Posted on 6/27/2017, 3:01:34 PM by johnk

...John Cusack has shut down claims he sent a death threat to President Donald Trump.

In a tweet posted on 26 June, Cusack, 50, criticised Trump and the Republican party's proposed healthcare bill, writing: "Message to GOP rob health care give tax breaks to rich bill -from sweet smell of success yr soon out of power." Alongside the caption, Cusack posted a photo of the quote: "Yer dead – Get yerself buried" written on the side of a building.

Although many initially perceived it to be a direct threat to Trump, 70, Cusack reveals it is actually a quote from the 1957 film Sweet Smell Of Success. Defending his comment, the Being John Malkovich actor tweeted: "Your so threatened by a movie line - the writer is Clifford Odettes by the way - you can get it on iTunes- enjoy."

Further explaining his message behind the quote, Cusack added: "maga crew – trump presidency is in "a death spiral' – words he uses to describe Obama care trump presidency in a death spiral too. But politically he's dead in water – a metaphor – like resistance pics – 'yr dead get yourself buried' a line from sweet smell of success with the great Burt Lancaster and Tony Curtis – funny they were exposing the roy Cohn's of the world – trump role model and hero."

He added: "I think he is totally political dead - ie f****d i.e. Already hit the iceberg," before describing himself as a "non-violent person". Cusack has voiced his concerns over Trump's presidency in the past, previously calling for the US congress to "impeach this insane clown horror show".

donald trump © Joe Raedle/Getty Images donald trump Cusack is not the only Hollywood star to come under fire for their comments about Trump. His tweet comes just days after fellow Hollywood actor Johnny Depp was accused of inciting violence towards the leader at Glastonbury festival.

The Pirates Of The Caribbean star is said to have told the 1500-strong audience at a screening of his 2004 film, The Libertine: "Can we bring Trump here? I think he needs help. This is going to be in the press, and it will be horrible. But I like that you're all a part of it. When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?"

In May, comedian Kathy Griffin received backlash for posing with a Trump's fake decapitated and bloodied head during a shoot with photographer Tyler Shields. Griffin later apologized for the photo and admitted: "I went too far."...

________________________ _

Another liberal clown car participant

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2017, 12:14:30 PM »
Perpetual meltdown.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »
Perpetual meltdown.

These liberal pussies are doing more damage to the democrat party than they could possibly imagine.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2017, 12:47:01 PM »
These liberal pussies are doing more damage to the democrat party than they could possibly imagine.   

True. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2017, 03:41:08 PM »
Matthews Suggests Trump Channel Mussolini, Murder Kushner; Compares Him to Ethiopian Dictator
By Curtis Houck | June 29, 2017

Go ahead and criticize President Trump’s Mika tweet, but there’s no denying this was disturbing. On Thursday’s Hardball, MSNBC pundit Chris Matthews compared the President to not only communist Ethiopian dictator Mengistu Haile Mariam and a modern-day Romanov but also channel Benito Mussolini having son-in-law Jared Kushner murdered.

As he’s previously done(documented here, here, and here), Matthews reiterated his belief that Kushner and wife Ivanka Trump are akin to the murderous sons of Saddam Hussein, Uday and Qusay.

Let’s first start with Matthews invoking Mengistu. During a tease about reported disarray in the Trump administration with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson being stonewalled from doing his job, Matthews gloated about the “meltdown.”

“It’s a far cry from that love feast we watched a few weeks ago, which is right out of Mengistu’s government in Ethiopia with all the people bowing to the president. Apparently all is not well in paradise,” Matthews quipped.

Later, Matthews told The Washington Post’s Ashley Parker that he’s “allowed to have opinions” (unlike print reporters, supposedly) “and one of my opinions was that nepotism is a bad thing in government” as evidenced by the supposed American incarnations of the Husseins:

You put Uday and Qusay in your government and you’re going to have a problem with everybody else in the government because nobody can fight with them. Nobody can challenge them and, in the end, the son-in-law is always right because he can always to go his father-in-law or his wife and say they were mean to me.
Instead of Tillerson overseeing foreign policy, Matthews observed how “[t]he power seems to have gone to the son-in-law” and thus the Trump’s are “the Romanovs.” He then nudged Parker to agree (which she didn’t): “Is it a royal family instead of a Democratic or a Republican form of government? Or is it a family running the government? Is it Ivanka and Jared and the President sitting around in the White House upstairs ruling the world?”

Once Parker finished her thoughts on how the Trump’s perceive what they’re doing as simply running government like a business, Matthews told New York Times columnist Frank Bruni that it might behoove Trump to take a page out of Mussolini’s playbook, which was murder your son-in-law.

“So the son-in-law — you know, one good thing Mussolini did was execute his son-in-law. I mean, I’m talking about Ciano,” he clownishly argued.

Bruni awkwardly stepped in to play the role that Keith Olbermann did when Matthews had a thrill up his leg, telling him that he should “be careful here.”

“That was an extreme measure. But this was — this is a strange situation,” Matthews concluded before giving way to Bruni.

Matthews's joke about Trump murdering his son-in-law was brought to you by Cascade, Johnson's baby lotion, and Lincoln Financial.

Here’s the relevant portions of the transcript from June 29's MSNBC’s Hardball:

MSNBC’s Hardball
June 29, 2017
7:16 p.m. Eastern [TEASE]

[ON-SCREEN HEADLINE: Cabinet Chaos]

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Coming up, a meltdown in the Trump camp. Catch this. This is wilder. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson explodes at a White House meaning for undermining him. They say the people around the President — the personnel people are screwing him. It’s a far cry from that love feast we watched a few weeks ago, which is right out of Mengistu’s government in Ethiopia with all the people bowing to the president. Apparently all is not well in paradise.

(....)

7:25 p.m. Eastern

MATTHEWS: Well, according to The American Conservative magazine, Secretary Tillerson believes he's been contradicted and undermined by the White House. A close associate of Secretary Tillerson explained: “Rex is just exhausted. He can't get any of his appointments approved and is running around the world cleaning up after a president whose primary foreign policy adviser is a 36-year-old amateur.” Now, Ashley, I’m allowed to have opinions and one of my opinions was that nepotism is a bad thing in government. It just is. You put Uday and Qusay in your government and you’re going to have a problem with everybody else in the government because nobody can fight with them. Nobody can challenge them and, in the end, the son-in-law is always right because he can always to go his father-in-law or his wife and say they were mean to me. Do something about it. It is a disastrous decision from day one and now we find Kushner in the Middle East, brokering the Middle East peace process, whatever it is, among the Arabs and Israelis and Likud and everybody else and meanwhile, Tillerson is sitting around doing what? He can’t even appoint his own deputies. The power seems to have gone to the son-in-law. This is the Romanovs. Just a thought. The Romanovs. Is it?

ASHLEY PARKER: Well, I mean, that’s certainly —

MATTHEWS: Is it a royal family instead of a Democratic or a Republican form of government? Or is it a family running the government? Is it Ivanka and Jared and the President sitting around in the White House upstairs ruling the world?

PARKER: I don't think it’s quite that but I think it is run like a family business. The president and his aides see it publicly and privately and the President’s family, his children, especially his daughter Ivanka and, you know, Jared Kushner, they operate with a degree of impunity that does not exist for these other aides. So, if you look at just Jared and Tillerson, Jared basically emerged as a shadow Secretary of State. You mentioned peace in the Middle East. His portfolio includes not only that, it includes China, it includes Mexico, it includes Canada and that's just on the foreign policy front. So, if you're the secretary of state, ambassadors and leaders of foreign nations know that they can directly go to the President’s son-in-law and have his ear that deeply undermines you and makes it really difficult for you to do your job.

MATTHEWS: And then you find out in all these investigations that Jared was opening up a tunnel to Moscow so he wouldn’t have to deal with the State Department. So the son-in-law — you know, one good thing Mussolini did was execute his son-in-law. I mean, I’m talking about Ciano

FRANK BRUNI: Let’s be careful here, yeah.

MATTHEWS: That was an extreme measure. But this was — this is a strange situation.

BRUNI: No but this story is a lot bigger than Tillerson. We've — I mean, we’ve had sessions have to volunteer to resign. We know there have been extraordinary tensions between him and President Trumps. We know other cabinet members, Mattis, have been questioned, countermanded, demoralized. I don’t think you can have a cabinet of people who can work to their full abilities because they’re constantly being questioned by the boss. They don't feel like their job are secure. There’s this culture of people leaking to protect themselves, to safeguard their reputations. I shudder to think when there is turnover in this cabinet, which I think there will be sooner than in most, who are we going to get to replace these people? Who would want to work in the Trump administration? Usually, a President has an infinite pool of talent to choose from because everybody wants to step forward and serve. I don’t think this President is going to be left with a puddle.

MATTHEWS: So, what's worse? This or the tweeting?

BRUNI: I mean, we have to make a choice?

MATTHEWS: Yeah, well, the country is watch.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2017/06/29/matthews-suggests-trump-channel-mussolini-murder-kushner-compares

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2017, 02:36:07 PM »
 :o

Kucinich rips Dems for proposal to examine Trump's mental fitness
Published July 04, 2017
Fox News

Dennis Kucinich, the former Democratic congressman and presidential candidate, blasted his party colleagues on Tuesday over a push to examine President Trump’s mental and physical fitness for office – and potentially use the findings to seek his removal.

The campaign is being led by Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., who has tried to rally support for his bill in the wake of Trump’s controversial attacks on various media outlets and personalities.

But Kucinich told “Fox & Friends” that Democrats aren’t doing the party any favors with proposals like this.

“It’s a political statement, not a medical statement,” said Kucinich, a Fox News contributor. “I think it’s destroying the party as an effective opposition.”

He continued, “People want political parties to be focused on America’s economic needs, jobs, wages, heath care, education, retirement security and peace -- and they want American politicians to be constructive, not destructive.”

Kucinich speculated that some in his party are having a tough time trying to “reconcile” the results of the November election with their own politics but called for lawmakers to find common ground.

DEMS MAKE EARLY CALLS FOR IMPEACHMENT

“What’s happening here is not good for the country,” Kucinich said.

The bill in question would establish an “Oversight Commission on Presidential Capacity,” tasked with carrying out a “medical examination of the President to determine whether the President is mentally or physically unable to discharge the powers and duties of the office.” Under the bill, this determination could be made if the “Commission finds that the President is temporarily or permanently impaired by physical illness or disability, mental illness, mental deficiency, or alcohol or drug use to the extent that the person lacks sufficient understanding or capacity to execute the powers and duties of the office of President.”

The bill cites the 25th Amendment, which states the vice president shall assume the powers of the presidency when the president is declared “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”

The same section, though, makes clear that the vice president and others would need to sign off on such a decision – which could speak to why Kucinich and other critics view this as a purely symbolic effort.   

Raskin introduced the bill in April, but revived the push amid the controversy over Trump’s attacks on the media, including CNN and the hosts of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“The President should take a break from watching TV and read the #25thAmendment to the Constitution. There are ways out of this,” Raskin tweeted on Friday.

Rep. Jamie Raskin ✔ @RepRaskin
The President should take a break from watching TV and read the #25thAmendment to the Constitution. There are ways out of this.
3:51 AM - 30 Jun 2017
  177 177 Retweets   419 419 likes

The bill has nearly two-dozen cosponsors, including former Democratic Party leader Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/04/kucinich-rips-dems-for-proposal-to-examine-trumps-mental-fitness.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
The Unused Confetti From Hillary Clinton’s Election-Night Loss Is Now a Work of Art
Artnet News ^ | 7/6/2017 | Sarah Cascone
Posted on 7/7/2017, 12:52:10 PM

There’s no denying the first half of 2017 would have been very different had Hillary Clinton defeated Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election. In her current St. Louis gallery exhibition, artist Bunny Burson remembers the future that very nearly was, creating an artwork using the iridescent confetti that was primed to go off on election night this past November 8, had the country elected its first woman president.

A longtime Clinton devotee, Burson was the executive director of the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities under President Bill Clinton’s administration. In the aftermath of the 2016 election, she hopes her art will help motivate women to run for office in 2018.

“I was among her supporters at the Javits Center waiting for the symbolic shattering of the glass ceiling and the shard like confetti to fall down on us. We left the Javits Center at 2 in the morning with profound emptiness,” Burson told NBC. The unused confetti had to be removed from the air cannons and swept into empty boxes by workers.

“I wanted to fill that emptiness with hope by giving voice to my feelings that even in defeat, Hillary’s confetti could be used to inspire the next generations of little girls and young women to dream big and to act on their dreams,” she added.

Tracking down the unused confetti was no easy task. Burson made calls to Arkansas, Boston, New York, Connecticut, Illinois, and Washington, DC. Though many warned her the confetti she sought had likely wound up in the trash, Burson’s quest was ultimately successful.

After about two weeks of searching, she tracked down the confetti in Chicago and was able to acquire several large boxes of it—200 pounds, to be exact—for her work.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.artnet.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2017, 11:37:49 AM »
Holy smokes.  These people are friggin nuts. 

Trump defends Western civilization – and media call it racist

By Cody Derespina Published July 07, 2017
Fox News

President Trump spoke proudly of the Western world pursuing innovation, cherishing art and writing symphonies – but the only instrument a Washington Post writer heard was a dog whistle.

Trump’s Thursday speech in Warsaw was largely acclaimed – even by longtime critics – as the president took Russia to task for destabilizing actions around the world and praised the Polish resistance during World War II as a model for cultures fighting existential threats. But several left-leaning outlets – including The Post, The Los Angeles Times, Salon and The Atlantic – decried the speech as an ode to white nationalism and anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant rhetoric.

The Washington Post headlined an opinion piece from editorial board member Jonathan Capehart “Trump’s white-nationalist dog whistles in Warsaw.” Capehart’s biggest gripe centers around the section where Trump touted Western accomplishments and that began with the line, “We write symphonies.”

“What on Earth does that have to do with anything?” Capehart wrote. “…In that one line, taken in context with everything else Trump said, what I heard was the loudest of dog whistles. A familiar boast that swells the chests of white nationalists everywhere.”

The Atlantic picked up where The Post left off, with an article called “The Racial and Religious Paranoia of Trump’s Warsaw Speech.”

“In his speech in Poland on Thursday, Donald Trump referred 10 times to ‘the West’ and five times to ‘our civilization,’” Peter Beinart wrote. “His white nationalist supporters will understand exactly what he means. It’s important that other Americans do, too…The West is a racial and religious term.”

Beinart added that what links American and Polish governments ideologically “is their hostility to Muslim immigration.”

“The most shocking sentence in Trump’s speech—perhaps the most shocking sentence in any presidential speech delivered on foreign soil in my lifetime—was his claim that ‘The fundamental question of our time is whether the West has the will to survive,’” he wrote. “Trump’s sentence only makes sense as a statement of racial and religious paranoia. The ‘south’ and ‘east’ only threaten the West’s ‘survival’ if you see non-white, non-Christian immigrants as invaders. They only threaten the West’s ‘survival’ if by ‘West’ you mean white, Christian hegemony.”

Beinart accused Trump of not speaking as president, but instead “speaking as the head of a tribe.”

Other outlets were less scathing in their criticism, but took shots at the president nonetheless.

Salon said Trump’s speech “ripped a line from Europe’s far-right playbook.” The LA Times termed Trump’s ideas “ethnocentric” and called his description of threats from terrorism as “a thinly veiled reference to the Islamic world.”

The Week cast the address as a “dark vision of America” and criticized his word choice.

“While Trump said the word ‘freedom’ 15 times during his speech — ‘brave defenders of freedom,’ ‘bled and died for freedom,’ ‘demolish freedom’ — he did not once speak of ‘democracy,’” Jeva Lange wrote.

But Trump won praise elsewhere.

The Wall Street Journal editorial called it a "defining speech" -- and a "determined and affirmative defense of the Western tradition."

“I thought the speech was historic yesterday,” former House Speaker Newt Gingrich told “Fox & Friends,” praising the president for “defending Western civilization by name” against Islamic terrorism and “secular bureaucratic tyranny.”

Said Gingrich: “It’s a remarkably important speech.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/07/trump-defends-western-civilization-and-media-call-it-racist.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2017, 11:51:46 AM »
Endless meltdowns by libfaggets

Holy smokes.  These people are friggin nuts. 

Trump defends Western civilization – and media call it racist

By Cody Derespina Published July 07, 2017
Fox News

President Trump spoke proudly of the Western world pursuing innovation, cherishing art and writing symphonies – but the only instrument a Washington Post writer heard was a dog whistle.

Trump’s Thursday speech in Warsaw was largely acclaimed – even by longtime critics – as the president took Russia to task for destabilizing actions around the world and praised the Polish resistance during World War II as a model for cultures fighting existential threats. But several left-leaning outlets – including The Post, The Los Angeles Times, Salon and The Atlantic – decried the speech as an ode to white nationalism and anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant rhetoric.

The Washington Post headlined an opinion piece from editorial board member Jonathan Capehart “Trump’s white-nationalist dog whistles in Warsaw.” Capehart’s biggest gripe centers around the section where Trump touted Western accomplishments and that began with the line, “We write symphonies.”

“What on Earth does that have to do with anything?” Capehart wrote. “…In that one line, taken in context with everything else Trump said, what I heard was the loudest of dog whistles. A familiar boast that swells the chests of white nationalists everywhere.”

The Atlantic picked up where The Post left off, with an article called “The Racial and Religious Paranoia of Trump’s Warsaw Speech.”

“In his speech in Poland on Thursday, Donald Trump referred 10 times to ‘the West’ and five times to ‘our civilization,’” Peter Beinart wrote. “His white nationalist supporters will understand exactly what he means. It’s important that other Americans do, too…The West is a racial and religious term.”

Beinart added that what links American and Polish governments ideologically “is their hostility to Muslim immigration.”

“The most shocking sentence in Trump’s speech—perhaps the most shocking sentence in any presidential speech delivered on foreign soil in my lifetime—was his claim that ‘The fundamental question of our time is whether the West has the will to survive,’” he wrote. “Trump’s sentence only makes sense as a statement of racial and religious paranoia. The ‘south’ and ‘east’ only threaten the West’s ‘survival’ if you see non-white, non-Christian immigrants as invaders. They only threaten the West’s ‘survival’ if by ‘West’ you mean white, Christian hegemony.”

Beinart accused Trump of not speaking as president, but instead “speaking as the head of a tribe.”

Other outlets were less scathing in their criticism, but took shots at the president nonetheless.

Salon said Trump’s speech “ripped a line from Europe’s far-right playbook.” The LA Times termed Trump’s ideas “ethnocentric” and called his description of threats from terrorism as “a thinly veiled reference to the Islamic world.”

The Week cast the address as a “dark vision of America” and criticized his word choice.

“While Trump said the word ‘freedom’ 15 times during his speech — ‘brave defenders of freedom,’ ‘bled and died for freedom,’ ‘demolish freedom’ — he did not once speak of ‘democracy,’” Jeva Lange wrote.

But Trump won praise elsewhere.

The Wall Street Journal editorial called it a "defining speech" -- and a "determined and affirmative defense of the Western tradition."

“I thought the speech was historic yesterday,” former House Speaker Newt Gingrich told “Fox & Friends,” praising the president for “defending Western civilization by name” against Islamic terrorism and “secular bureaucratic tyranny.”

Said Gingrich: “It’s a remarkably important speech.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/07/trump-defends-western-civilization-and-media-call-it-racist.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2017, 12:22:52 PM »
Muslim activist suggests resisting Trump is a 'form of jihad'
foxnews.com ^ | 7/7/17 | Brooke Singman
Posted on 7/7/2017, 2:39:14 PM by ColdOne

Controversial Muslim activist Linda Sarsour gave a fiery speech last weekend where she said fellow Muslim-Americans do not have to “assimilate” and blasted Trump administration policies, even suggesting that resisting those policies could count as a “form of jihad.”

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2017, 02:40:23 PM »
You should become a storyteller! That was rich and compelling...  ::)

LOL, love drunk history.

But seriously, I honestly think that hail ceasar play is over the top and in bad taste.
That's my OPINION.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2017, 05:29:40 AM »
LOL, love drunk history.

But seriously, I honestly think that hail ceasar play is over the top and in bad taste.
That's my OPINION.

Would you like to hear my opinion too, mamma's boy?
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2017, 06:02:29 AM »
Liberals Can't Deal With A President Who Takes America's Side
Townhall.com ^ | July 10, 2017 | Kurt Schlichter
Posted on 7/10/2017, 8:36:24 AM by Kaslin

Let me throw down this marker: The West is superior to the rest of the world in every significant way, we should aggressively back our allies over our enemies, and the guiding principle of our foreign policy should always be America’s interests. No apologies. No equivocation. No doubt.

What are your questions?

Well, if you're a normal American, you won't have any questions - these truths are self-evident. But if you're a progressive, you're gonna have a little sissy snit fit like so many libs did in the wake of the President’s triumphant Warsaw speech. There’s one thing that always sets them off - uttering the truth/heresy that not only is Western civilization the best and most advanced culture in the history of humanity, but the United States of America is its greatest manifestation.

The immigrants and refugees get it. Which way are they always headed? North, to the comparative paradise of the Western world, or south, to the hellscape of the Third World? That's a gimme. They are never headed south, and everyone knows it. Yet the left still insists that we stop believing our lying eyes and start believing the liberal Fifth Column of multicultural liars infesting America’s alleged elite.

Except our eyes aren’t lying, and now we have a President who won’t lie either. It makes them nuts.

Can you imagine Felonia von Pantsuit uttering the glorious words our Commander-In-Chief spoke to our steadfast, loyal Polish brothers-in-arms? No, she would have continued Obama’s despicable sellout of these sturdy heroes, leaving them to the mercy of her reset buddy Vlad.

I served with the Poles overseas. To get those hardcore boys cheering, you gotta bring your A game. They cheered Trump. And naturally the libs lost their collective mind.

Glorious.

So, while Trump was reciting manifest truths like the fact that Western civilization is the height of human achievement and worth fighting and dying for, the liberals were their own usual enemy-hugging selves - lying and distracting. How dare America’s President stick up for America!

One of CNN’s femboys was squeeing like a tween about somebody not shaking Trump’s hand, and if channeling the world’s least hot mean girl wasn’t enough, he even botched the story - there was no handshake diss. On the upside, this massive humiliation was the least embarrassing thing that has happened to CNN during the last two weeks.

Back home, everyone's favorite Islamic radical apologist and Democrat idol Linda Sansour was flapping her lie hole again, this time declaring that #TheResistance was part and parcel of jihad. That’s sort of true, since jihad and liberalism share in common the fact that they are both practiced by cowardly buffoons who hate normal Americans. One murders its victims itself, while the other outsources to the media the programming of half-wit Maddow fans to try - ineptly - to do their murdering for them.

This Sansour idiot symbolizes much of why liberalism is a total failure, rejected by all who are decent and normal. Leftists, especially liberal feminists, drool over her hatred of normal women who don't buy into her evil ideology. She is the perfect heroine for a progressive movement that is based solely on self-loathing and a desire to destroy the very culture that allowed its practitioners to be such frivolous clowns in the first place.

It’s their daddy issues playing out on a cultural scale. These liberal scumbags aren’t worthy of respect, and because they don’t get any from us normals, they want revenge - or at least to be noticed by the patriarchy that rejects them. It’s like some spoiled rich girl who tries to get attention by promising to act out when ignored.

“I’ll show you, Daddy! I’m going to go to college, shave my head, get a big tattoo, and experiment in unsexy lesbianism!”

Except here, progressives are playing out their weird psychodrama on a national scale. Liberals especially love Sansour because they think that by sucking up to her they can stick it to the man while avoiding any accountability – she can spit the contempt they feel but can't publicly express without completely destroying what little credibility they have left with the normals.

But the problem for what the President accurately labels “the haters” is that the mainstream media has failed in its gatekeeper gambit and can’t suppress the truth any longer. That clip of Jihadi Jane is all over social media, and in 2018 and 2020 we will see plenty of her in ads attacking the liberal candidates who sucked up to her. And they'll be other dirtbag pinko celebrities in those ads, like that cop-killing Puerto Rican terrorist the Democrats in New York were sniffing around. Liberals always get supersensitive when conservatives point out their treachery and lack of patriotism. They don’t get mad because the charges are false; they get furious because the charges are true and that they're being exposed.

That's why they hated Donald Trump’s stirring defense of Western civilization and of the United States. They hate America, and what it stands for. Just ask them. They'll often drop their weasel words and hedging to tell you so explicitly, assuming they think no one normal is listening. Their hero Barack Obama said as much in so many words between his fits of babbling apologies to scummy foreigners. He wanted to “fundamentally transform” the United States of America into something else, most likely some commie dystopia that would make Venezuela shudder and declare war on its own people, which means normal patriots like us. Normals instinctively understand that no one wants to “fundamentally transform” something he loves.

Perhaps that’s Trump’s greatest sin in the eyes of the left. He actually loves the United States, and acts like it.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »
This thread would get very, very long if Grasping, Conker, etc. posts were put in here....Prime examples, though.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2017, 04:21:17 AM »
Still at it: Former Obama lawyers sue Trump campaign
Arutz Sheva ^ | 13/7/17 | Mordechai Sones
Posted on 7/13/2017, 5:36:45 AM by Eleutheria5

Two Democratic Party donors and a former party staff member have filed an invasion of privacy lawsuit against President Trump’s campaign and a longtime informal adviser, Roger J. Stone Jr., accusing them of conspiring in the release of hacked Democratic emails and files that exposed their personal information to the public.

The lawsuit, introduced by “Protect Democracy,” a litigation group run by former Obama administration lawyers, alleges that Stone and the Trump campaign conspired with Russia to have their personal information revealed in the Democratic emails and files released by WikiLeaks last year, exposing them to danger.

The New York Times noted that the 44-page complaint “does not contain any hard evidence” whatsoever of collusion, but instead seeks to “depose witnesses and obtain campaign emails and other documents…”

Stone, speaking with Infowars' Alex Jones, called the move “a publicity play” and has instructed his attorneys to “seek sanctions against the lawyers involved for the filing of a ridiculous frivolous lawsuit.”

The complaint's poor evidentiary infrastructure and diction suggest that obstruction, rather than actually winning the suit, is the move's primary objective.

Indeed, six months ago, at the time of "Project Democracy's" founding, Politico reported that the group's goal is to "tackle Trump". By that time, they had already raised a $1.5 million operating budget, hired five staffers, and had plans to double that in subsequent months. They incorporated as both a 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4), allowing them to operate as a nonprofit but participate in some forms of political advocacy as well.

(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »
Dem Sen Blumenthal: Trump Jr.’s Conduct ‘Potentially a Violation of the Espionage Act’ or Treason
by IAN HANCHETT
11 Jul 2017

On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Situation Room,” Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) stated Donald Trump Jr. potentially violated the Espionage Act or committed treason.

Blumenthal said, “[T]hese emails are a textbook example and evidence of criminal intent. I can almost hear the closing argument to the jury using ‘I love it,’ repeating again and again, ‘I love it.’ Those three words are going to haunt Donald Trump Jr. Because they are a clear signal that he is looking for information, dirt, on Hillary Clinton from the Russian government, and expecting an agent of the Russian government to be providing it to him, and having the meeting, showing, and again signaling, the Trump campaign is open for business. We will accept information, no matter how it is obtained, legally or illegally. And that is potentially a violation of the Espionage Act, yes, treason, and it is also potentially a violation of the prohibitions of defrauding the government through conspiracy, against cyber-fraud and abuse. There are a slew of statutes that may have been violated here. But the bottom line is, that we are beginning to understand why Donald Trump, the president may have been so eager to fire Jim Comey if he felt that his own son was at risk. And we should begin looking for alarm lights flashing about possibly firing Bob Mueller. Because clearly, this investigation is coming closer and closer…to the president of the United States.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/07/11/dem-sen-blumenthal-trump-jr-s-conduct-potentially-a-violation-of-the-espionage-act-or-treason/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2017, 08:41:01 AM »

Airbnb host in California fined after refusing guest in racist texts

An Airbnb host will pay a $5,000 fine after authorities said she canceled a reservation, telling the guest, "One word says it all. Asian."

In February, Dyne Suh booked a home as part of a ski trip with her fiancé and friends in Big Bear, according to the Associated Press. When she was close to the home, she messaged the host about additional guests which led to a dispute.

Host Tami Barker then canceled the reservation, telling Suh in a series of messages that she wouldn't rent to her at all.

"One word says it all. Asian," one of the messages from Barker said.

The Associated Press reported that when Suh threatened to complain, Barker responded via text, "It's why we have Trump ... I will not allow this country to be told what to do by foreigners."

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/07/14/airbnb-host-fined-after-refusing-guest-in-racist-texts.html