Author Topic: Trump Derangement Syndrome  (Read 239514 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #725 on: October 17, 2019, 04:11:13 PM »
Trump-Obsessed NY Times Makes Death of Cummings All About President
By Scott Whitlock | October 17, 2019

Americans awoke on Thursday to the very sad news of the death of civil rights pioneer Elijah Cummings. But the journalists at the New York Times made it clear what they remember the Democratic Congressman most for: Opposition to Donald Trump. Here’s the actual Times headline for the death of Cummings:

In obituary that is supposed to be about Cummings, writers Sheryl Gay Stolberg and David Stout mentioned or referred to Trump 9 times in the first 12 paragraphs. The reflection began this way:

Representative Elijah E. Cummings, a son of sharecroppers who rose to become one of the most powerful Democrats in Congress and a central figure in the impeachment investigation of President Trump, died on Thursday in Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.

The Times journalists continued:

A critical ally of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Mr. Cummings spent his final months in Congress sparring with the president, calling Mr. Trump’s effort to block congressional lines of inquiry “far worse than Watergate.”

He was sued by Mr. Trump as the president tried to keep his business records secret.

The Times found Cummings’s friendship with Republicans odd, referring to those in the “ultraconservative” House Freedom Caucus.

Although he was a fierce defender of his party and its interests, Mr. Cummings had strong friendships with members of the other party. Republicans generally held him in high regard, and he had an especially improbable bond with Representative Mark Meadows, Republican of North Carolina and a leader of the ultraconservative House Freedom Caucus.

As for the networks, they also focused on Cummings’s opposition to Trump. But in a contrast to the Times putting this in a headline, CBS's Gayle King more fittingly paid tribute by noting: “The nation loses a titan of civil rights.”

However, on Good Morning America, co-host Michael Strahan opened, “A key figure in that impeachment inquiry in renowned civil rights leader representative Elijah Cummings passing away overnight.”

On the Today show, co-host Hoda Kotb reminded, “Now to the breaking news from Washington overnight. Long-time Democratic congressman, Elijah Cummings, the champion of civil rights and a key player in the impeachment investigation has died.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2019/10/17/trump-obsessed-ny-times-makes-death-cummings-all-about-president

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #726 on: October 24, 2019, 06:38:52 PM »
National Politics on Twitter: Small Share of U.S. Adults Produce Majority of Tweets

Those who strongly disapprove of Trump produce majority of tweets from U.S. adults that mention national politics

The social media platform Twitter plays a prominent role in how politicians, media outlets and advocacy organizations promote their agendas and engage with political issues. Although these entities represent a highly visible portion of the political Twitter ecosystem, less is known about the political tweeting habits of the 22% of the American public that uses Twitter. A new Pew Research Center analysis sheds light on this question by collecting and analyzing the tweets of a random sample of U.S. adults with public Twitter accounts1 over a period of one year surrounding the 2018 midterm elections (from June 10, 2018, through June 9, 2019).

As our previous research found to be true of Twitter content more broadly, this analysis finds that a small share of users produce the vast majority of content related to national politics: 97% of tweets from U.S. adults that mentioned national politics over the study period came from just 10% of users. The study design helps to illustrate which types of users are most drawn to tweet about national politics in the first place. Most notably, those with intense views of President Donald Trump are among the most prolific political tweeters.

Tweets from users who strongly disapprove of Trump are especially prominent: This group generates 80% of all tweets from U.S. adults and 72% of tweets mentioning national politics. Those who strongly approve of Trump (who produce 11% of all tweets from U.S. adults) create 25% of tweets mentioning national politics. Taken together, strong disapprovers and strong approvers of Trump generate 97% of all tweets mentioning national politics from U.S. adults on Twitter. In interpreting these results, it is important to note that it was beyond the scope of this study to classify the share of tweets that explicitly mentioned the president, or that expressed particular views about his administration’s policies. And as noted above, the definition of political tweets used in this analysis includes a wide range of phrases and hashtags not related to Trump.

https://www.people-press.org/2019/10/23/national-politics-on-twitter-small-share-of-u-s-adults-produce-majority-of-tweets/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #727 on: October 24, 2019, 06:46:43 PM »
National Politics on Twitter: Small Share of U.S. Adults Produce Majority of Tweets

Those who strongly disapprove of Trump produce majority of tweets from U.S. adults that mention national politics

The social media platform Twitter plays a prominent role in how politicians, media outlets and advocacy organizations promote their agendas and engage with political issues. Although these entities represent a highly visible portion of the political Twitter ecosystem, less is known about the political tweeting habits of the 22% of the American public that uses Twitter. A new Pew Research Center analysis sheds light on this question by collecting and analyzing the tweets of a random sample of U.S. adults with public Twitter accounts1 over a period of one year surrounding the 2018 midterm elections (from June 10, 2018, through June 9, 2019).

As our previous research found to be true of Twitter content more broadly, this analysis finds that a small share of users produce the vast majority of content related to national politics: 97% of tweets from U.S. adults that mentioned national politics over the study period came from just 10% of users. The study design helps to illustrate which types of users are most drawn to tweet about national politics in the first place. Most notably, those with intense views of President Donald Trump are among the most prolific political tweeters.

Tweets from users who strongly disapprove of Trump are especially prominent: This group generates 80% of all tweets from U.S. adults and 72% of tweets mentioning national politics. Those who strongly approve of Trump (who produce 11% of all tweets from U.S. adults) create 25% of tweets mentioning national politics. Taken together, strong disapprovers and strong approvers of Trump generate 97% of all tweets mentioning national politics from U.S. adults on Twitter. In interpreting these results, it is important to note that it was beyond the scope of this study to classify the share of tweets that explicitly mentioned the president, or that expressed particular views about his administration’s policies. And as noted above, the definition of political tweets used in this analysis includes a wide range of phrases and hashtags not related to Trump.

https://www.people-press.org/2019/10/23/national-politics-on-twitter-small-share-of-u-s-adults-produce-majority-of-tweets/

Interesting . . . .

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #728 on: October 27, 2019, 06:52:53 PM »
I'm not really sure what this article is trying to say but pretty sure they are inferring somehow that Obama is better.  :)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/situation-room-2-photos-capture-193316423.html

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #729 on: October 28, 2019, 07:28:35 AM »
I saw a guy in the street today babbling to himself about Trump. “It’s very unusual for somebody to lose the popular vote and win the election.” “That’s why Muscellini was killed.”😂😂😂😂

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #730 on: October 28, 2019, 09:43:49 AM »
GOP Primary Challenger Bill Weld Suggested That President Trump Could Be Executed For Treason Over Ukraine Phone Call Allegation
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date September 23, 2019

Monday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, who has launched a Republican primary challenge against President Trump, said the president could face execution by treason based on an anonymous whistleblower's accusation that President Trump, in a phone call last month, inappropriately asked the president of Ukraine to look into allegations of corruption involving former VP Joe Biden, his son Hunter, and a Ukrainian energy company.

"Talk about pressuring a foreign country to interfere with and control a U.S. election, it couldn’t be clearer, and that’s not just undermining democratic institutions," Weld said. "That is treason. It’s treason, pure and simple. And the penalty for treason under the U.S. code is death. That’s the only penalty."

"The penalty under the Constitution is removal from office, and that might look like a pretty good alternative to the president if he could work out a plea deal," Weld suggested.

"He’s such a lawless man. We’ve got treason, and we don’t have to dribble around the court. We can go right for the hoop," he said. "It’s well past time for this guy, in my opinion, to be carted off to save us all. He's daring us all to let him be totally lawless!"

"He has no understanding of the law, he has no respect for the law, he has no knowledge base of any issues, why do we want this man as president fo the United States?"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/09/23/gop_primary_challenger_bill_weld_suggested_the_president_could_be_executed_for_treason_over_ukraine_phone_call_allegation.html

so he said exactly the same thing that Trump said about the whistleblower

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/09/trump-whistleblower-spies-treason

so far, Trump Trump looks a lot more like a traitor than the whistleblower

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #732 on: October 28, 2019, 10:48:39 AM »
I saw a guy in the street today babbling to himself about Trump. “It’s very unusual for somebody to lose the popular vote and win the election.” “That’s why Muscellini was killed.”😂😂😂😂

lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #733 on: October 28, 2019, 10:52:33 AM »

Straw or prime  ?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #734 on: October 28, 2019, 10:59:19 AM »
Straw or prime  ?

He said a "guy" so that sort of narrows it down a bit. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #735 on: October 28, 2019, 11:23:19 AM »
Straw or prime  ?

LOL! -Wasn't me. When I have something to say, I post it on Getbig...just like you do.  :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #736 on: October 28, 2019, 11:31:18 AM »
Seems familiar,

After removing all political opposition through his secret police and outlawing labor strikes, Mussolini and his followers consolidated their power through a series of laws that transformed the nation into a one-party dictatorship. Within five years, Mussolini had established dictatorial authority by both legal and extraordinary means and aspired to create a totalitarian state.

This didn't end well for Mussolini.

Mussolini and his mistress Clara Petacci attempted to flee to Switzerland, but both were captured by Italian communist partisans and summarily executed by firing squad on 28 April 1945 near Lake Como. His body was then taken to Milan, where it was hung upside down at a service station to publicly confirm his demise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benito_Mussolini

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #737 on: October 28, 2019, 11:35:11 AM »
Ridiculous.    Seek assistance.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #738 on: October 28, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »
Ridiculous.    Seek assistance.

Sorry....I neglected to include a link.

About 50 Republicans are going to decide whether America becomes a dictatorship | Will Bunch
Updated: October 20, 2019 - 2:23 PM

This was the time in Iowa when the future president famously boasted that “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.” The pundits didn’t know whether to laugh or scratch their heads — which in hindsight shows how much America still had to learn about how autocracy works.

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/trump-impeachment-republicans-doral-ukraine-dictatorship-20191020.html

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #739 on: October 28, 2019, 12:22:17 PM »
Straw or prime  ?

LOL, I was tempted to go up to him and say, “Straw?”

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #740 on: October 28, 2019, 12:24:02 PM »
Sorry....I neglected to include a link.

About 50 Republicans are going to decide whether America becomes a dictatorship | Will Bunch
Updated: October 20, 2019 - 2:23 PM

This was the time in Iowa when the future president famously boasted that “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.” The pundits didn’t know whether to laugh or scratch their heads — which in hindsight shows how much America still had to learn about how autocracy works.

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/trump-impeachment-republicans-doral-ukraine-dictatorship-20191020.html

As usual, you have things exactly backwards. It was the secret police in this country that tried to remove Trump.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #741 on: October 28, 2019, 12:42:53 PM »
As usual, you have things exactly backwards. It was the secret police in this country that tried to remove Trump.

Just for the record, when I put something in italics and add a link, it's not my original idea. It is what someone else said or wrote. If it's backward, take it up with the Enquirer and Will Bunch.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #742 on: October 28, 2019, 12:51:44 PM »
  https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/27/donald-trump-booed-world-series-lock-him-up-chants-baseball

Donald Trump booed and greeted with 'lock him up' chants at World Series

Trump was on the baseball team in High School playing 1st. base. This must have been before he realized/decided he had bone spurs.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #743 on: October 28, 2019, 01:23:11 PM »
Trump was on the baseball team in High School playing 1st. base. This must have been before he realized/decided he had bone spurs.

The real estate Trump owns in the liberal mind is amazing. Storytellers, all...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #744 on: October 28, 2019, 02:17:43 PM »
The Trump hater idiots on Twitter think that the tide has turned because Trump got booed at a baseball game in Washington DC where Hillary got over 90% of the vote. At this point they will latch on to anything.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #745 on: October 28, 2019, 03:15:46 PM »

The real estate Trump owns in the liberal mind is amazing. Storytellers, all...

Are you implying that I'm making this up?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #746 on: October 28, 2019, 03:17:28 PM »
The Trump hater idiots on Twitter think that the tide has turned because Trump got booed at a baseball game in Washington DC where Hillary got over 90% of the vote. At this point they will latch on to anything.

You bet ya! Comment stolen from another Republican clown. Remember her?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #747 on: October 29, 2019, 11:21:13 AM »
FLORIDA MAN ARRESTED AFTER ALLEGEDLY SPITTING ON A MAN AND SLAPPING HIS MAGA HAT: 'I DON'T EVEN CARE I'M GOING TO JAIL'

A Florida man has been arrested after he spat on a man and slapped his "Make American Great Again" (MAGA) hat, according to police.

Matthias Ajple, 43, approached MAGA hat-wearing Robert Youngblood, 67, at a restaurant in the city of Vero Beach on Friday evening, according to an arrest affidavit.

Youngblood told an Indian River County Sheriff's Office deputy he was sitting at the bar of Hurricane Grill on 943 15th Place with two friends, when Ajple walked over and said: "You should go back to Russia you f*cking communist."

Ajple then slapped the brill of Youngblood's hat, before leaning over a gate and spitting on him, the victim claimed. The suspect then left the scene.

The man's friends witnessed the altercation, according to the Indian River County Sheriff's Office deputy who attended the scene.

Youngblood took down Ajple's vehicle registration number. Police traced the vehicle back to the suspect's wife.

The manager of Hurricane Grill released the surveillance video footage of the incident. The video "clearly shows" Ajple "slapping the brill of Youngblood's hat and leaning over the gate to spit on him," the affidavit states.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/florida-man-arrested-spitting-slapping-maga-hat-jail-1468321%3famp=1

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #748 on: October 29, 2019, 11:28:23 AM »
FLORIDA MAN ARRESTED AFTER ALLEGEDLY SPITTING ON A MAN AND SLAPPING HIS MAGA HAT: 'I DON'T EVEN CARE I'M GOING TO JAIL'

A Florida man has been arrested after he spat on a man and slapped his "Make American Great Again" (MAGA) hat, according to police.

Matthias Ajple, 43, approached MAGA hat-wearing Robert Youngblood, 67, at a restaurant in the city of Vero Beach on Friday evening, according to an arrest affidavit.

Youngblood told an Indian River County Sheriff's Office deputy he was sitting at the bar of Hurricane Grill on 943 15th Place with two friends, when Ajple walked over and said: "You should go back to Russia you f*cking communist."

Ajple then slapped the brill of Youngblood's hat, before leaning over a gate and spitting on him, the victim claimed. The suspect then left the scene.

The man's friends witnessed the altercation, according to the Indian River County Sheriff's Office deputy who attended the scene.

Youngblood took down Ajple's vehicle registration number. Police traced the vehicle back to the suspect's wife.

The manager of Hurricane Grill released the surveillance video footage of the incident. The video "clearly shows" Ajple "slapping the brill of Youngblood's hat and leaning over the gate to spit on him," the affidavit states.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/florida-man-arrested-spitting-slapping-maga-hat-jail-1468321%3famp=1

If only someone had Punched The Stupid Look Off His Face
Then continued to punch him
And Released the tape of That
What an Arsehole

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #749 on: October 29, 2019, 12:38:47 PM »
There are some stupid, crazy people in the world.