Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Sports Discussion Boards

Niners

<< < (99/99)

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on April 22, 2024, 03:42:29 PM ---Yeah that's the conventional wisdom.  I don't really like that approach, because the draft is so unpredictable.  I would almost always take a proven player over a draft pick.

--- End quote ---
I prefer free agent defensive players and offensive players in the draft.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on April 23, 2024, 12:16:05 AM ---I prefer free agent defensive players and offensive players in the draft.

--- End quote ---

I'd take proven free agent players over draft picks for the most part. 

Some talking head just proposed that the Chargers trade the no. 5 pick for Brandon Aiyuk, and then SF should draft Marvin Harrison, Jr.  Seriously doubt that happens, but I wouldn't do it.  Aiyuk is a confirmed stud.  Harrison is just a great college player with lots of potential. 

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on April 23, 2024, 01:46:58 PM ---I'd take proven free agent players over draft picks for the most part. 

Some talking head just proposed that the Chargers trade the no. 5 pick for Brandon Aiyuk, and then SF should draft Marvin Harrison, Jr.  Seriously doubt that happens, but I wouldn't do it.  Aiyuk is a confirmed stud.  Harrison is just a great college player with lots of potential.

--- End quote ---
The only problem is you usually overpay for free agents. Draft picks are cheap for their first contract. The disadvantage to draft picks is that many times you develop them and they leave right when they are peaking. This is especially true of DB's.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on April 24, 2024, 12:30:14 AM ---The only problem is you usually overpay for free agents. Draft picks are cheap for their first contract. The disadvantage to draft picks is that many times you develop them and they leave right when they are peaking. This is especially true of DB's.

--- End quote ---

All true.  The only problem is you take a huge risk with draft picks over proven players. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version