Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Anyone have Adidas Leistung 16/2?

(1/7) > >>

kcb5150:
If anyone has these are they true to size and width or are they like the adipowers and narrow as a chopstick? Size up, half size, true?

Yev33:
I don't have the Leistungs but have the Adipowers romaleos 2 and Reomaleos 3. The Adipowers and Romaleos 3 stretch out and mold to your foot after a while. The Romaleos 2 are fairly wide to begin with.

I disliked the high heel height of the Leistungs, as far as width I have a fairly narrow foot so they were fine for me.

What shoes do you use now?

oldtimer1:
I have Adidas Olympic lifting shoes. They are really narrow and I have a narrow foot so they are a perfect fit.  Never understood how they would fit the average guy's foot. I almost wonder if they are selling the narrow version exclusively to the US.  I see huge Olympic lifters wearing them so they can't be the ones sold in the US. 

Yev33:
I was actually thinking about making a shoe thread on here and seeing what people are training in. I wore Olympic weightlifting shoes for a while because they helped me with my squats. Once I started correcting my mobility issues I was able to squat and front squat in flat shoes comfortably and without issues. So for the past several years I have been wearing indoor soccer shoes for everything. They have a hard sole, excellent traction, and give great feel for the ground. What they don’t have is a lot of support. Which I guess is not really needed when playing indoor soccer but perhaps is not a bad idea when you are supporting hundreds of pounds on your feet multiple times a week.

So now I am thinking about going back to weightlifting shoes for the support they provide. I know quite a few bodybuilders used to train legs in workboots or combat boots for what I imagine the same reason. I train full body three times a week so these would be the only shoes I bring to the gym.

I guess my issue is that I have previously viewed Olympic weightlifting shoes as a crutch for anyone who used them as “squat shoes” and did not actually perform any of the Olympic lifts. I used to do the same, and worked diligently on my mobility so I that I did not have to rely on them.

kcb5150:
I'm using Matocha M which have a 1" heel, but he passed away recently. I find the inch heel takes a lot of strain off of my knees given my structure. Unfortunately, not many 1" are around these days in the wake of crossfit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version