Author Topic: 2006 IFBB Colorado Pro Figure lineup  (Read 13602 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
2006 IFBB Colorado Pro Figure lineup
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:41:02 PM »
This is shaping up to be a great figure line up. 5 2005 Ms. Olympia competitors are in the mix and a few rookies making their debuts. Good Luck ladies and see you in Denver!

For more info and tickets to the show visit: coloradoproshow.com

IFBB Pro Figure scheduled to participate in the event to date:
Jenny Lynn
Tara Scotti
Christine Pomponio-Pate
Valerie Waugaman
Andrea Dumon
Alexis Ellis
Jeanette Freed
Marcy Porter
Zhanna Rotar
Liane Seiwald
Debbie Leung
Carla Sanchez
Lisbeth Halikka
Pauline Nordin
Barbara Englesman
Jennifer Becerra
Bernadette Galvan
Lynsey Beattie
Mascha Tieken
Alejandra Abdala
Alana Hernanadez
Inga Neverauskaite
Elevate Your Image.™

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
Re: IFBB Colorado Pro Figure lineup
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 07:53:04 PM »
Let the battle for second place begin!
Lee

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 06:49:55 AM »
lol jkdman

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »

Daddy likes. That. List.

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:20:07 AM »
Frankly, there are a ton of names on that list I've never heard of. I can't keep up with all the figure pros since they started giving out pro cards like free government cheese in a welfare line.  ::)
Lee

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 11:26:30 AM »
But the great part about that is that there *are* a bunch of new names, meaning we're always getting to see a fresh lineup on the 'pro' level. 

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 11:27:42 AM »
But the great part about that is that there *are* a bunch of new names, meaning we're always getting to see a fresh lineup on the 'pro' level. 
True that.
Lee

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 12:02:52 PM »
Frankly, there are a ton of names on that list I've never heard of. I can't keep up with all the figure pros since they started giving out pro cards like free government cheese in a welfare line.  ::)

How many do they give out in the US each year anyway? Isn't it like 12 at one show alone?

Fanatic

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 02:57:33 PM »
I hope Valerie does well.  She looked great at all of her shows so far.  (Valerie also looks good on the new M&F Hers)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 03:05:04 PM »
I hope Valerie does well.  She looked great at all of her shows so far.  (Valerie also looks good on the new M&F Hers)

She's in another league altogether.  There's no one else in the world who even comes close. 

hardlyhard

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 08:50:39 AM »
didnt jen becerra do fitness?  did she injure herself? and what about Carla, is she doing figure now too.  thats quite a line up of women.  all different structures and looks . .. should be interesting. . . and how about that Valerie?  she is one gorgeous woman and thank god for her face cause she is a beast of a girl. .. big big big.  no bigger Val. no bigger. .. just stay the way you are.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 09:36:57 AM »
Jen did do fitness and did injured herself. Carla used to do fitness as well and is trying her hand at figure for the first time at this show.

From an interview with Jen at http://www.coloradoproshow.com/forum/index.html

Q. You suffered a near career ending injury, care to explain?

A. On October 1, 2005, what would be my debut as a Pro Fitness Guest Poser, I was warming up my routine when the inevitable happened. Performing a skill I had done a million times in 6 inch boots (when dancing with the Houston Rockets Power Dancers), barefoot I went into the air twisting and before I knew it, landed and was on the ground. I knew it instantly, I had torn my ACL! The most excruciating pain!! I knew this was not good for my fitness career, but all I could think about was all the training put into that show and the 8 yr. old little girl, LeeAnn Thompson, who was depending on me to do the show with her. I made some changes to the routine and the the show went on!! A week later, I had the surgery and the next day, started rehabilitation. I knew competing in Fitness for 2006 was not an option, but I had to get back out on the competition stage. So, this competition being my first Pro Show and my first time back on the competition floor, means the world to me. I could have ended my career just then, but I have too much heart, passion and dedication to finish what I've started. So, I'm very glad to have the opportunity to compete in Pro Figure this year.

Elevate Your Image.™

hardlyhard

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 09:51:42 AM »
thanks lift.  jen is really talented.  too bad.  and carla.  love carla. going to miss the kiss routines.  she should do well.  she is a hot one.

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 03:51:35 PM »
Jen did do fitness and did injured herself. Carla used to do fitness as well and is trying her hand at figure for the first time at this show.

A. On October 1, 2005, what would be my debut as a Pro Fitness Guest Poser, I was warming up my routine when the inevitable happened. Performing a skill I had done a million times in 6 inch boots (when dancing with the Houston Rockets Power Dancers), barefoot I went into the air twisting and before I knew it, landed and was on the ground. I knew it instantly, I had torn my ACL! The most excruciating pain!! I knew this was not good for my fitness career, but all I could think about was all the training put into that show and the 8 yr. old little girl, LeeAnn Thompson, who was depending on me to do the show with her. I made some changes to the routine and the the show went on!! A week later, I had the surgery and the next day, started rehabilitation. I knew competing in Fitness for 2006 was not an option, but I had to get back out on the competition stage. So, this competition being my first Pro Show and my first time back on the competition floor, means the world to me. I could have ended my career just then, but I have too much heart, passion and dedication to finish what I've started. So, I'm very glad to have the opportunity to compete in Pro Figure this year.

Another woman with a torn ACL from trying to do gymnastics.  :-\ This happened to a friend of mine just as she started her competition career. Fortunately she has gone on to some success in figure. As I said on another board, the number of women who have had this injury is staggering. There is a reason Olympic gymnasts are girls around 13-19 years old, people! Thirty-year old women trying to be gymnasts is crazy.

The judges need to start emphasizing strength moves and choreography over gymnastics. And stop rewarding fitness girls for being so ripped!  >:(
Lee

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 02:51:55 PM »
Preview/story/Predictions for the Colorado Pro show...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/isaac50.htm

Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 08:47:01 AM »
didnt jen becerra do fitness?  did she injure herself?

It's sad she had to go down to figure because of injury, but I hope she will return to fitness someday.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

Damn, that's just terrible.

Thanks for the interview, Big I.

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 09:42:47 AM »
Julie also had similar story to Jen as well...one week out from her Pro Debut at Europa she tore her ACL practicing her routine.  However, she salvaged 12 weeks of contest prep by competing in figure (with a torn ACL) at the '05 Europa and the '05 Charlotte Pro. 
She postponed surgery until week after Charlotte allowed her to still compete in 2005.  She did quite well too, just missing an Olympia qual at Europa by placing 4th.

She has rehabilitated her knee and been working like a maniac at regaining her strength, gymnastics and flexibility. Still trying to get comfortable with the gymnastics, she was able to compete twice this year in figure...doing the SF and Pitt shows. 

Who knows, maybe she'll try her hand in Fitness again someday....

Rick Lohre
www.lohrecreative.com

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 01:02:36 PM »
Any competitor who is interested in some TV exposure from this show email me at isaac@liftstudios.com - The WB2 will be doing a live remote with their morning show - 6-9am - from the venue - Friday morning, which is a couple blocks from the host hotel.

Isaac
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 07:19:54 AM »
Tune in at 9am MST - TODAY (wednesday), IFBB pro Carla Sanchez and a few of her amateur competitors will be on 103.5 THE FOX talking about the Colorado Pro Show.

Can listen live at: http://www.thefox.com/pages/listenlive-index.html
Elevate Your Image.™

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 07:50:27 PM »
I am here in Denver Colorado, and have just seen a few Figure Competitors. I have to saw the women will be in much better condition for this show, compared to the soft, pudding look i saw at the Pitsburg show. I think the fans and Photographers will be much happier with how the women will look for the Colorado Pro.

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 10:12:06 PM »
I am here in Denver Colorado, and have just seen a few Figure Competitors. I have to saw the women will be in much better condition for this show, compared to the soft, pudding look i saw at the Pitsburg show. I think the fans and Photographers will be much happier with how the women will look for the Colorado Pro.
Sounds like the usual inconsistant IFBB judging if the women who are harder and more ripped are rewarded in Colorado.  ::) If they want the women softer, hopefully they'll stick with that stance and not reward lightweight bodybuilders competing in figure.
Lee

M5NSX

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 05:57:33 PM »
Who will get 2nd? Tara or Christine? Val? The top ten probably has been determined already. Jenny doesn't even need to put on her suits; just give her the check for first! Inconsistent judging combined with a bunch of political bullshit greatly undermines this sport.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 07:39:15 PM »

Oh, where do I begin...

In the 2-piece round (the only round that matters, in my opinion), Jenny Lynn was called out first.  If she belonged in that first group, then Laura Sutter did as well...yet she was in the final group.   :-\

Lena

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 07:44:17 PM »
Who will get 2nd? Tara or Christine? Val? The top ten probably has been determined already. Jenny doesn't even need to put on her suits; just give her the check for first! Inconsistent judging combined with a bunch of political bullshit greatly undermines this sport.

Jenny coming out in NO suit.............THAT would be a prize of its own ;)
Good luck girls!!

Lena