Author Topic: Holy Crap... On HBO... Republican Committee caught paying Diebold Election Sys.  (Read 12881 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
GOP says Memphis election cards missing
Official downplays fraud danger

The Associated Press

MEMPHIS -- Tennessee's Republican Party chairman complained to Shelby County election officials that electronic voting machine cards were missing in Memphis, the hometown of Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Harold Ford Jr.

"It has come to our attention that several smart cards used in early voting are missing from at least one early voting site in Memphis, Tenn.," Bob Davis said in a later dated Thursday. "The lack of oversight and control over these smartcards has created a situation which could allow for voter fraud."

The letter called on the commission to "locate these missing smart cards as soon as possible."

Tennessee Election Coordinator Brook Thompson said Friday that even if the cards aren't recovered by officials there is no danger of fraud because they can't be used again.

"The cards are programmed such that once you use them, they cannot be reused until they are reactivated by the Election Commission," Thompson said.

Shelby County Elections Administrator James Johnson didn't immediately return calls seeking comment and wasn't in the office when a reporter stopped by to ask him about the complaint.

Davis did not immediately return a telephone message seeking comment about how the situation came to his attention or what voting site was involved.

Ford, a five-term congressman who is matched against Republican Bob Corker of Chattanooga in the Tuesday election, said he would ask the Shelby County district attorney and sheriff to step aside from the investigation because they are co-chairing Corker's campaign.

"They are good people, both, but they should recuse themselves," Ford said. "If we have to ask the Justice Department to come in and oversee this, we may have to. It's unfortunate that these things happen, but we have authorities — and hopefully independent authorities — that will come in and correct the record."

A spokeswoman for District Attorney Bill Gibbons said his office had not been contacted about the matter. Federal prosecutors didn't immediately return calls seeking comment.

Oh, in one of the tossup states... :-\

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Yea that's like a topic for another thread.  I admit my party messes up and I come down hard on them for making mistakes... I expect them to be perfect lest they be diped in shark infested waters, feel better now ;D

Yes, thanks. I feel much better and sorry for straying off topic.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Yes, thanks. I feel much better and sorry for straying off topic.
It's cool..... It's cool  ;D

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
just saw it this morning. crazy shit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Maybe that whole "bush has ability to declare martial law" will get put into some groovy use should anyone get out of line when the repubs, despite every poll known to man, emerge with sweeping victories in every senate, hosue, and gobernatorial race this tues :)

Mr. Intenseone

Oh, in one of the tossup states... :-\

.........and I'm going to pull off of my usual track and pull for Harold Ford Jr. Corker seems just too insincere, hey if we lose a seat at least
we'll lose it to a to a man with better priciples than Corker....there's something about that guy I just don't like (and no, not because he's a republican >:()!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
In the documentary they also show someone checking the machines.  She went from machine to machine checking to see if they work working properly... They worked great, if you're a democrat, some of the machines were switching the vote from the rep to the dem... they zoomed in with the camera, you could clearly see she hits the the republican canditate and pop..... below, on a separate readout, it showed the other the other guy....  Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it Beach ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I am very interested in the exit polls vs. the e-machine results.

We're going to have the biggest discrepency in history, and people without any base knowledge in statistics are going to just shrug it off.  The odds of what happened below are astronomical. And we're probably going to see it in quite a few places. :(

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
I herd this morning that in many small towns it's standard for poll workers to bring the machines home at night and drop them off to the Sec of State the next morning.  Something stinks with that system.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I herd this morning that in many small towns it's standard for poll workers to bring the machines home at night and drop them off to the Sec of State the next morning.  Something stinks with that system.

They can go home and push buttons for their choice all night long.

Plus, remember that in 2004, there were many FL counties whose voter turnout was 20 or 30,000 HIGHER THAN THE COUNTY'S TOTAL POPULATION!

So not only did every single person in that county allegedly vote, but 20,000 more shomehow put their vote in.  And all these extra votes were what swayed the elections in OH and FL to the repubs.  There *would* have been an investigation, but the repubs who were just elected into office despite monster polling irregularities decided not to do it.  I mean, talking about FIXED.  it's very possible the rigged an election, then once in power stopped the investigation.  The system is majorly broken.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I'll be observing polls for four hours tomorrow morning and we have e-voting.  I don't anticipate any problems.  Didn't really have any two years ago. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I'll be observing polls for four hours tomorrow morning and we have e-voting.  I don't anticipate any problems.  Didn't really have any two years ago. 

I believe there was a 1 in 50,000 chance that exit polls and e-machine results would differ as much as they did in 2004. 

And it happened in two states, OH and FL.  Astronomical odds there.

I'm sure most local precincts will be fine.  The theft will go on behind the scenes.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
hahahahahaha.... where have I heard this standard line before :P  Oh yea, it's in the documentary, nearly word for word. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I have been given my marching orders from the CIA.  In addition to answering questions and providing advice, I'll be helping people submit thousands of fake votes.  Stay tuned . . . .

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I have been given my marching orders from the CIA.  In addition to answering questions and providing advice, I'll be helping people submit thousands of fake votes.  Stay tuned . . . .
::)