Author Topic: Complete Elizabeth Dole MELTDOWN... "na na na na na I can't hear you"  (Read 5233 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Complete Elizabeth Dole MELTDOWN... "na na na na na I can't hear you"
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 06:19:52 PM »
Poor woman.

Looked like a setup, she came across as the idit.

A hit job if I ever saw one.

Why isn't there a Republican like McCain on there representing? Why an easy target like E Dole?

Republicans either messed up royally, or were set up.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 07:04:36 PM »
Poor woman.

Looked like a setup, she came across as the idit.

A hit job if I ever saw one.

Why isn't there a Republican like McCain on there representing? Why an easy target like E Dole?

Republicans either messed up royally, or were set up.

YIP
Zack
Setup... Russert is very well noted for his bias toward republicans.   The guy only wanted to reply the goddamned notion that dems wanted to lose and she was going to get the rest of her statement in...

Tim ALWAYS ALWAYS hooks up republicans...  All my respect because you're about as common sense as it gets on getbig but Setup my ass... ;D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russertwatch/
http://mediamatters.org/issues_topics/people/timrussert

for there to be a setup, Dole would have had to be in on it where her meltdown planned with Russert and it went wrong?  Because Russert just has ZERO history of hooking up dems and a huge history of hooking up republicans.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 07:16:21 PM »
The Guests at the table:

Sen. Chuck Schumer (Democrat)
Sen. Elizabeth Dole (Republican)
Rep. Rahm Emanuel (Democrat)
Rep. Tom Reynolds (Republican)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 07:22:23 PM »
Also I gotta ask... Why would you suggest Dole is an easy target.., because she isn't a he?  She wasn't pushed to run for presedent by so many people because she's a wimp.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 07:55:25 AM »
Also I gotta ask... Why would you suggest Dole is an easy target.., because she isn't a he?  She wasn't pushed to run for presedent by so many people because she's a wimp.

No, I suggest it because she seems to be dumb. :-\

FWIW, I like the format of that show though, with a journalist as a moderator and guests debating.

Instead of the bullshit propaganda format of Olbermann, Limbaugh and O'Reilly, turning the viewer into mindless drones.

Edit:
Having Elizabeth Dole on that show seemingly could only result in bringing down the Republicans. Only Dole herself (if she totally lacks insight of her media skills) or some Democrat would try to get her on the show IMO.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 08:13:36 AM »
Unfortunately, Liddy Dole is an idiot.  Anyone who has followed her career in Washington knows that.  She was Transportation Secretary under Reagan (the appointment was celebrated at the time because she was a woman) but her tenure in that job did not receive good reviews. 

She went on to head the Red Cross and got very poor marks.  Most leaders of the Red Cross have a medical background; Dole did not, which makes you wonder how she got that job.  Was it a political payoff?  Obviously.

Now, she is a Senator and heading up the Senatorial Campaign Committee and predictably is doing a lousy job.  She is widely considered a proxy for her husband but she’s not even good at that.  She has the uncanny ability to “fail up.”  Connections can do that for you.  ::)

There are talented, capable women in the GOP (Christine Todd Whitman for example); but Dole is not one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Todd_Whitman

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 09:37:02 AM »
Holy shit, Cut her mic ;D

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/MTP-Dole-Dems-Content-Losing.wmv

I couldn't find it on here??

BUT, if it was the interview with Russert where she said that the Dems wanted us to lose the war and the Libs went ballistic for her calling them out and telling the truth because she was right.....then good for her, i heard part of that interview Russert tried shutting her up and wouldn't let her finish......BTW, Berserker, nice Liberal site that plugs CNN for voting results......CNN's doesn't have Liberal bias huh??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 09:41:11 AM »
Christy Todd Whitman played ball with Bush when he needed the EPA report on Ground Zero changed.

The EPA scientists said that the asbestos in the air would be killing tens of thousands of people from cancer in ten years.  The White house preferred a "everything is safe 24 hours later, go back to work!" approach.

EPA changed their report.  The WH pressured an independent govt agency to change their findings to fit the White house's agenda.  Whistleblowers and concerned scientists at EPA went to the media about it.  Now can you see why I don't put much stock in the NIST report on 911?  They are, just like the EPA, a govt agency who was ordered to write a paper which was reviewed and released by the White House.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 09:47:59 AM »
Christy Todd Whitman played ball with Bush when he needed the EPA report on Ground Zero changed.

The EPA scientists said that the asbestos in the air would be killing tens of thousands of people from cancer in ten years.  The White house preferred a "everything is safe 24 hours later, go back to work!" approach.

Even if it were true.....should they have just put the entire country in a state of panic?? What does this have to do with Elizabeth Dole?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 09:54:31 AM »
Even if it were true.....should they have just put the entire country in a state of panic?? What does this have to do with Elizabeth Dole?

Oh, nothing to do with Dole lol... someone mentioned Christy Todd Whitman as being talented. IMO, she took what should be a nonpartisan position and caved on safety issues.  it wasn't a panic thing - it was a standards thing about just what level of cleaning should be done to keep people from getting asbestosis and other lung ailments.  EPA scientists agreed professional cleaning was required to prevent longterm illness.  When Bush found out it would prevent Wall Street from opening back up, he didn't like that.  It was changed to say "wiping down things with a wet rag is adequate".  The scientists had data which showed that was very much not true, but the changed report was published.    I guess we'll see if people that worked in that area after 911 start dropping in the coming years.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 09:59:13 AM »

EPA changed their report.  The WH pressured an independent govt agency to change their findings to fit the White house's agenda.  Whistleblowers and concerned scientists at EPA went to the media about it.  Now can you see why I don't put much stock in the NIST report on 911?  They are, just like the EPA, a govt agency who was ordered to write a paper which was reviewed and released by the White House.

Actually Christy did not consistently play ball with Bush.  She was too independent and actually tried to do her job which is why she quickly became unwelcome in the administration.  Accordingly, they ran her out of town.  Ever the good politician, she cited wanting to spend more time with her family as the reason for her leaving.  If my memory is correct, she was one of (if not the) first cabinet secretary to leave.

Politically, I can’t stand Christy, but she is a very smart and capable executive, far more so than Bush. The GOP lost one of its brightest stars when they effectively gave her the boot.  She could have been an effective President.

It is annoying as hell to see talents like Whitman ejected and idiots like Dole promoted.  :(