Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Here is a reason to be encouraged regarding Iran

<< < (4/4)

headhuntersix:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on December 17, 2006, 01:22:56 PM ---i agree completely.  Just because you're the biggest kid on the block doesn't mean you have to beat up everyone.  When the bully starts helping people, the neighborhood gets a whole lot better.  Diplomacy is a great thing.

Doesn't hurt to try.  And honestly, there are a whole generation of American kids who - while not taught formally - have grown up hearing 'sand n***er' from their ignorant parents.  There are a whole generation of American kids who see everyone with a turban as a beard as a missile target.  This inborn hatred happens in every country, and the target is always the people of the nation your govt doesn't like.  How many kids of the 40s grew up hating 'japs and krauts' and never knew why?  Same with Russian kids, vietnamese kids, yada yada.  Fear and hatred are great psychological tools to train hatred and subsequent voting for military action 15 years later.

Sorry, didn't mean to get so deep.  Eat your cookie, Beach bum.

Yeah except these kids have watched...The Beruit bombing...numerous hijackings/The Embassy bombing/Kobar Towers/The USS Cole/WTC1/WTC2 etc etc etc..these peopl suck what part don't u get....they hate us.

--- End quote ---

Hedgehog:

--- Quote from: Camel  Jockey on December 17, 2006, 02:01:05 PM ---I don't know what harm would come from talks with Iran and North Korea. I guess personal ideals and ego are more important than world stability. Sanctions work up to a certain point, but it hurts the poor people of those respective countries and gives them more incentive to hate and be angry.

--- End quote ---

It's strange.

They've only recently pulled the luxury items from North Korea, while the sanctions that hits the ordinary people has been in effect for years.

It seems backwards somehow. :-[

-Hedge

bmacsys:

--- Quote from: Delusional Liberal on December 17, 2006, 12:33:09 PM ---no. 
Just smile at Iran and wait, don't talk

--- End quote ---

Delusional, I am a conservative by nature. The Iranians have no deep seated hatred of America. We can build on that. Bombing them or marginalizing them will just alienate them.

bmacsys:

--- Quote from: The Squadfather on December 17, 2006, 02:03:02 PM ---the problem there is that you have two governing forces, Ahmadinajad who is backed by the Revolutionary Guard and the Ayotollah Khamani and the clerics, in the past the secular president wouldn't have had much power but with the backing of the Guard he does, so you have to get both sides to come to the table.

--- End quote ---

Good point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version