Author Topic: Schoolkids gets shut out: Vagina  (Read 22395 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Schoolkids gets shut out: Vagina
« on: March 06, 2007, 05:56:32 PM »
Kids gets shut out of school for using the word "vagina" in a school play. ::)

WTF?

Here's a high schooler with his view on it:

http://theliberalconviction.blogspot.com/

Happened at some NY school apparently, should be in the news.

Censorship at its finest.

I remember when I went to high school in USA, we didn't read any Hunter S Thompson or Arthur Miller, despite them being great authors.

Both having a fair share of sexual content in their books.

What's with the fcuking prudeness?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: Schoolkids gets shut out: Vagina
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:59:54 PM »
Kids gets shut out of school for using the word "vagina" in a school play. ::)

WTF?

Here's a high schooler with his view on it:

http://theliberalconviction.blogspot.com/

Happened at some NY school apparently, should be in the news.

Censorship at its finest.

I remember when I went to high school in USA, we didn't read any Hunter S Thompson or Arthur Miller, despite them being great authors.

Both having a fair share of sexual content in their books.

What's with the fcuking prudeness?

-Hedge

Oh brother, we'll soon be so dehumanised by political correctness that sex will be banned forever.
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 06:03:34 PM »
OMG.

Another example of people just going too far.

they could have said:

snatch or pussy  then i might understand.  but vagina? 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 06:06:13 PM »
Public use of the word "vagina" is the next step towards teenagers making use of vaginas for sexual pleasure not condoned by the infallible word of God.

Hope this helps.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 06:08:27 PM »
Public use of the word "vagina" is the next step towards teenagers making use of vaginas for sexual pleasure not condoned by the infallible word of God.

Hope this helps.

lol

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 06:14:01 PM »
Hope this helps.

Only you could see this matter as some sort of Christian-related madness, as if Political Correctness is a manifestation of the Catholic Church and not the loony-Left.
Thread Killer

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 06:23:47 PM »
Only you could see this matter as some sort of Christian-related madness, as if Political Correctness is a manifestation of the Catholic Church and not the loony-Left.

1) What interest would the politically correct have in suppressing public use of the word "vagina"?

2) What evidence do you have that it was that agenda being promoted - rather than the one I proposed?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 06:25:39 PM »

Hope this helps.

LOL.

Yes, vagina is one of those gateway words.

1) What interest would the politically correct have in suppressing public use of the word "vagina"?

2) What evidence do you have that it was that agenda being promoted - rather than the one I proposed?

Only someone that doesn't live in the US could think Religious Groups wouldn't be behind something like this.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »

You must be joking, is it not the domain of the PC-Left to suppress freedom of speech?  Are you really this vague in real life?

And what evidence do you have to suggest it was indeed the Church that incited this?
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 06:32:28 PM »

What can you expect. He's too myopic to realize the protest was lodged on a liberal website.  ::)

The girls were punished because young children were in the audience and the content of mic night was supposed to be acceptable for a general audience. They had promised apparently, not to perform that piece, but then did so anyway.

http://jjhs.klschools.org/home.aspx

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 06:34:40 PM »
What can you expect. He's too myopic to realize the protest was lodged on a liberal website.  ::)

The girls were punished because young children were in the audience and the content of mic night was supposed to be acceptable for a general audience. They had promised apparently, not to perform that piece, but then did so anyway.

http://jjhs.klschools.org/home.aspx

Oh okay, so because it was reported by liberals clearly means it can't have been instigated by them.  I never realised those two events were mutually exclusive, but hey, I'm 'mypoic' right?

I'm not seeing the Church mentioned in this piece, either.
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 06:37:46 PM »
Oh okay, so because it was reported by liberals clearly means it can't have been instigated by them.  I never realised those two events were mutually exclusive, but hey, I'm 'mypoic' right?

I'm not seeing the Church mentioned in this piece, either.

You're much worse than myopic Bruce, but I'm being kind.

This has nothing to do with political correctness. If anything, Liberals are pro teaching of sex education in schools as opposed to the extreme right wing. But keep ranting... it seems to be your special talent.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 06:40:11 PM »
You're much worse than myopic Bruce, but I'm being kind.

This has nothing to do with political correctness. If anything, Liberals are pro teaching of sex education in schools as opposed to the extreme right wing. But keep ranting... it seems to be your special talent.

And you keep bringing posts devoid of facts and intelligible insight, okay?

If I'm so easily proven wrong on any topic, you'd have no problem debating me on it, which you've thus far refused to do.
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 06:51:44 PM »
And you keep bringing posts devoid of facts and intelligible insight, okay?

If I'm so easily proven wrong on any topic, you'd have no problem debating me on it, which you've thus far refused to do.

What on earth are you talking about?

The difference between you and me Bruce, is that I come here because I like to train and talk to people who share my interests.  I don't view the political board with the same obsessive compulsion you do.  Strange that someone who is as aggressive as you, wouldn't find himself a serious politcal discussion forum to engage people in debate.  But, if you did, more than likely you'd be annhilated within 6 seconds. You prefer to come here and harangue people instead.

The usual with you is basically...

You start some thread with, or post some dubious, extreme right-wing source.
People out you, and your dubious source, which you can't take.
You then proceed to insult people with derisive, disdainful remarks while you further dig yourself into a hole with your bizarre pretzel logic.
People eventually tire of your bad mouthing and respond to you in kind.
You then start to cry and moan... and demand apologies you don't deserve.

Onto the next thread. And the cycle begins again.

I don't particularly care for the way you talk to people, and since you post ad nauseum, I really don't come here very often anymore. So, no, I have no desire to engage you in debate. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 07:02:13 PM »
What on earth are you talking about?

The difference between you and me Bruce, is that I come here because I like to train and talk to people who share my interests.  I don't view the political board with the same obsessive compulsion you do.  Strange that someone who is as aggressive as you, wouldn't find himself a serious politcal discussion forum to engage people in debate.  But, if you did, more than likely you'd be annhilated within 6 seconds. You prefer to come here and harangue people instead.

The usual with you is basically...

You start some thread with, or post some dubious, extreme right-wing source.
People out you, and your dubious source, which you can't take.
You then proceed to insult people with derisive, disdainful remarks while you further dig yourself into a hole with your bizarre pretzel logic.
People eventually tire of your bad mouthing and respond to you in kind.
You then start to cry and moan... and demand apologies you don't deserve.

Onto the next thread. And the cycle begins again.

I don't particularly care for the way you talk to people, and since you post ad nauseum, I really don't come here very often anymore. So, no, I have no desire to engage you in debate. 

Did you not seek me out in this thread for debate?  Did you not just come here and unprovoked label me 'myopic'?

Why not take a little responsibility for what you say, Deedee.  As for my apparent 'aggressive' stance, you'll no doubt be able to show where I've ever abused anyone on this website.  On the contrary, it was you that came here to incite me by use of insults.

Calm down and post something more sensible, or take yourself back to the other boards where you no doubt feel less inclined to have to actually think or post with accuracy.
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 07:16:45 PM »
Did you not seek me out in this thread for debate?  Did you not just come here and unprovoked label me 'myopic'?

Why not take a little responsibility for what you say, Deedee.  As for my apparent 'aggressive' stance, you'll no doubt be able to show where I've ever abused anyone on this website.  On the contrary, it was you that came here to incite me by use of insults.

Calm down and post something more sensible, or take yourself back to the other boards where you no doubt feel less inclined to have to actually think or post with accuracy.

No I did not seek you out in this thread for debate, but I do treat you exactly the way you treat other people.  And it's really a matter of opinion whether I think or post with accuracy. I believe there are more than a handful of people around here who would appreciate it if you occasionally stopped to think before you post.

And I'd certainly appreciate it if you didn't send any more instructions pertaining to where I should go my way.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=132576.75

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 07:25:58 PM »

And btw... do you not think you provoke people when you dismiss them as "the looney Left?"

You are quite something.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 07:28:46 PM »
I would be very surprised if this was something a liberal did.

Typically Bible thumpers are the ones who would try and regulate anything to do with sex in schools while extreme libs try to limit anything to do with god in schools.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You know something is seriously wrong when Deedee doesn't like you.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 07:32:25 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You know something is seriously wrong when Deedee doesn't like you.

lol,  you've got a point there!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 07:33:20 PM »
And btw... do you not think you provoke people when you dismiss them as "the looney Left?"

You are quite something.

It depends, do you consider yourself from this distinguished intelligentsia?  If so, then yes, it would provoke you.

Let’s face it, Deedee, your biggest problem with me is just that: I expose Leftist fallacies and present a Conservative view.  You despise this, and would prefer I didn’t post as much, as you’ve alluded to above.  Believe me, I’m not going anywhere, and trust me when I say I’m sure I’ve had as many people throw support behind me than you’ve had mention to you the opposite.  Do try and stop the hyperventilation now, it’s not very becoming.
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 07:38:38 PM »
Alright... you believe that you "expose" liberal fallacies. I find you make yourself look foolish most of the time. This thread is a perfect example. Rather than quickly google the school website and get relevant info as I did, you blindly lash out at liberals instead. It's an old story with you, and it's very tired. And really, someone as ill-mannered as you should probably refrain from telling others how to behave.

It's pathetic that you keep trying to attribute emotions to me which don't exist.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 07:40:34 PM »
 8)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 07:41:11 PM »
Alright... you believe that you "expose" liberal fallacies. I find you make yourself look foolish most of the time. This thread is a perfect example. Rather than quickly google the school website and get relevant info as I did, you blindly lash out at liberals instead. It's an old story with you, and it's very tired. And really, someone as ill-mannered as you should probably refrain from telling others how to behave.

It's pathetic that you keep trying to attribute emotions to me which don't exist.

That's fine Deedee, I encourage your dissent, and would love to debate you on this, or any other political issue.  Do you have anything meaningful to add to this debate, or would you rather continue this silliness we're both indulging one another in?
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »
8)

Yep, this is pretty entertaining. It's not often that the Politics board disappoints.