Author Topic: Zell Miller: Abortion Killed Over 45 Million  (Read 11913 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Zell Miller: Abortion Killed Over 45 Million
« on: March 13, 2007, 08:53:34 AM »
Monday, March 12, 2007 10:51 p.m. EDT
Zell Miller: Abortion Killed Over 45 Million
Former Sen. Zell Miller says abortion has claimed the lives of more than 45 million Americans since 1973, and is to blame for manpower shortages in the U.S. military and the looming Social Security crisis.

"How could this great land of plenty produce too few people in the last 30 years?” Miller asked during a recent fund-raiser in Macon, Ga. "Here is the brutal truth that no one dares to mention: We’re too few because too many of our babies have been killed. Over 45 million since Roe v. Wade in 1973.”

"If those 45 million children had lived, today they would be defending our country, they would be filling our jobs, they would be paying into Social Security,” Miller said, according to LifeSiteNews.com. "Still, we watch as 3,700 babies are killed every single day in America. It is unbelievable that a nation under God would allow this.”

Miller also said embryonic stem research is the same thing as abortion.

"It is not a proper fate for a human being made in God's image ... killing is wrong when it is called abortion and it is just as wrong when it is called research," LifeSiteNews reported.

Miller urged others to join him in taking a stand against abortion.

"And sometimes in the life of a nation, a time comes when men and women of conscience and courage have to stand up and be counted and say, ‘Enough! No more, this cannot continue.’”

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/12/230024.shtml

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Zell Miller: Abortion Killed Over 45 Million
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 09:10:12 AM »
Here's the video:

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/multimedia/16853061.htm

One of Zells' main points is that due to abortion we have too few people in this country which is contributing to the lack of people in the armed services, the funding deficit in social security, and also probably to the immigration problem.

Funny how he doesn't mention that ~ 10% of so of those aborted fetus would grow up to be gay.  And who's to say how many would grow up an not accept Jesus as their personal saviour.  Shit, maybe a large portion of those aborted fetus might have grown up to reject Jesus and be doomed to spend eternity in Hell.   Maybe we're doing them a favor by aborting them. 

Isn't it interesting that one person can look at this and agree with him and another person can look at this and think he's a nut. 

Then again, I thought Dobsons advices in "straightening out" your kids was weird but other's think it makes perfect sense.   

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 09:26:59 AM »
"If those 45 million children had lived, today they would be defending our country, they would be filling our jobs, ...

Yeah, like there's 45 million job openings right now.   ::)

What a jackass.

We should've killed 90 million. 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:35:20 AM »
Here's the video:

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/multimedia/16853061.htm

One of Zells' main points is that due to abortion we have too few people in this country which is contributing to the lack of people in the armed services, the funding deficit in social security, and also probably to the immigration problem.

Funny how he doesn't mention that ~ 10% of so of those aborted fetus would grow up to be gay.  And who's to say how many would grow up an not accept Jesus as their personal saviour.  Shit, maybe a large portion of those aborted fetus might have grown up to reject Jesus and be doomed to spend eternity in Hell.   Maybe we're doing them a favor by aborting them. 

Isn't it interesting that one person can look at this and agree with him and another person can look at this and think he's a nut. 

Then again, I thought Dobsons advices in "straightening out" your kids was weird but other's think it makes perfect sense. 

Do you really think anyone thinks showing your son your penis in the shower or having him pound a square peg into a square hole is a deterrent to homosexuality? I have a hard time believing anyone actually agrees with Dobson on those points.

As far as Senator Miller goes, I wonder how long it took him to devise this argument. It's interesting, I never would have thought to blame the Social Security shortage,  the shortage of soldiers or immigration problems on abortion. He must have been strategizing for months to come up with those theories.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 09:38:10 AM »
What a crock of shit.  ::) I guess militarymuscle has an actual arguement now.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 09:45:29 AM »
Do you really think anyone thinks showing your son your penis in the shower or having him pound a square peg into a square hole is a deterrent to homosexuality? I have a hard time believing anyone actually agrees with Dobson on those points.

As far as Senator Miller goes, I wonder how long it took him to devise this argument. It's interesting, I never would have thought to blame the Social Security shortage,  the shortage of soldiers or immigration problems on abortion. He must have been strategizing for months to come up with those theories.

Beach Bum has written that it makes perfect sense to him.  If not for that I would also have a hard time believing anyone actually agrees with Dobson on this point either.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 10:21:55 AM »
I find it out how the libs scream outrage that 3,000+ U.S. soldiers, adults who chose to enter the military knowing a war could break out at anytime, are dead but don't care about the 45 MILLION innocent babies slaughtered!

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 10:38:15 AM »
It's all because of Gloria Steinem and the CIA-backed attempt to destabilize the family. If it weren't for commie-pinko feminists and their nefarious dealings with rogue members of elite government security agencies, the breeders would be happily content producing millions of worker drones for the country.

(Brought to you by Canada's foremost authority on why feminism is solely responsible for the ruination of the planet and all other bad things in the cosmos.  :))

http://www.savethemales.ca/180302.html

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 10:38:56 AM »
It's all because of Gloria Steinem and the CIA-backed attempt to destabilize the family. If it weren't for commie-pinko feminists and their nefarious dealings with rogue members of elite government security agencies, the breeders would be happily content producing millions of worker drones for the country.

(Brought to you by Canada's foremost authority on why feminism is solely responsible for the ruination of the planet and all other bad things in the cosmos.  :))

HHEHEEHHEHEHEEH

;D

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 11:07:31 AM »

HHEHEEHHEHEHEEH

;D

;D

Work is hell these days... need a laugh.  (Not that "Operation Red Stockings" is any kind of laughing matter.  ;))

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 11:26:06 AM »
damn this is the stupidest shit ive ever heard.
who carse about abortions, its not 'murder' ::) its the medical removal of a fetus, basically a sack of meat,not a person yet.
and the last thing america needs is 45 million more people ::)
in fact it would be EXCELLENT for the overall health of this nation if we REMOVED 45 million more people

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 11:35:33 AM »
Beach Bum has written that it makes perfect sense to him.  If not for that I would also have a hard time believing anyone actually agrees with Dobson on this point either.

O Rly?  Perhaps you can quote me on this?   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 11:39:09 AM »

Well . . . .  :-\  I wouldn't blame the CIA, because they're too busy controlling the media (unless the media is reporting a favorable CT poll), but feminism gets its share of blame for destabilizing the traditional family IMO.  Elizabeth Cady Stanton did some remarkable things for women, but her progeny have not served her well when it comes to marriage and family. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 11:50:40 AM »
O Rly?  Perhaps you can quote me on this?   :)

From the thread:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=133374.0

Among other reasons:

1.  I find it amusing that people who probably don't have a son (a straight one anyway) or kids at all criticize a child rearing expert. 

2.  I read the entire article and it is a great read.  Makes sense to me. 

3.  I've read Dr. Dobson's books and I think he is a wonderful psychologist. 

4.  I particularly like this expert, which is a real eye opener IMO:

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 12:18:59 PM »
...but don't care about the 45 MILLION innocent babies slaughtered!

Innocent, my ass.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 12:23:35 PM »
I actually thought it was closer to 48 million now.  Talk about a tragedy.   :'(  What's worse, is that we pay for these abortions with our own tax dollars.  In the last 5-10 years, taxpayers have funded Planned Parenthood with something like $1.5billion!!!  And then they have the audacity to use our own tax money to appeal the Supreme Court's decision to ban partial-birth abortion.  I'm glad there's a bill that's been introduced to defund Planned Parenthood.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 12:24:49 PM »
From the thread:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=133374.0

And I stand by that.  Great read.  He made some terrific points in the article.  

Just so we're clear, he did not say you have to show your penis to your son to prevent your son from becoming a homosexual and nowhere have I said I believe that to be true.  So, for you to say Dobson says this, and that I agree, is inaccurate.    

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 12:26:21 PM »
And I stand by that.  Great read.  He made some terrific points in the article. 

Just so we're clear, he did not say you have to show your penis to your son to prevent your son from becoming a homosexual and nowhere have I said I believe that to be true.  So, for you to say Dobson says this, and that I agree, is inaccurate.   

You mean  i've been showing my penis too people at the mall and it hasn't been helping to stem off homosexuality?  DAM!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 12:27:21 PM »
I actually thought it was closer to 48 million now.  Talk about a tragedy.   :'(  What's worse, is that we pay for these abortions with our own tax dollars.  In the last 5-10 years, taxpayers have funded Planned Parenthood with something like $1.5billion!!!  And then they have the audacity to use our own tax money to appeal the Supreme Court's decision to ban partial-birth abortion.  I'm glad there's a bill that's been introduced to defund Planned Parenthood.

Hey C-500,  nice to see ya again  ;D

P.S.  i totally disagree withyour posts,  well not really, but kind of, how much more would it have cost us in welfare and AFDC?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 12:36:56 PM »
You mean  i've been showing my penis too people at the mall and it hasn't been helping to stem off homosexuality?  DAM!

lol.  I was talking to a traumatized secretary in my office who saw a homeless guying peeing at the bus stop yesterday.   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »
lol.  I was talking to a traumatized secretary in my office who saw a homeless guying peeing at the bus stop yesterday.   :)

I have a home BB.   

It's the cardboard box about 100 yards from the bus stop!   ;D

Oh and by the way,  the last 2 years i visited my folks there, i stayed at those Army Condos on the beach on the west side of the island about 15 miles or more past those hotels where all the pro bowl players stay.....   I saw lots of homeless people living on the beach and i've come to the conclusion that if i was ever homeless, Hawaii is the place to be!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 12:53:28 PM »

It would be a lot more expensive to let them live.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 01:02:16 PM »
And I stand by that.  Great read.  He made some terrific points in the article.  

Just so we're clear, he did not say you have to show your penis to your son to prevent your son from becoming a homosexual and nowhere have I said I believe that to be true.  So, for you to say Dobson says this, and that I agree, is inaccurate.    

BB - we've already had this discussion and YES he did offer this as part of the presription to make sure your son grows up straight

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 01:11:55 PM »

Nah... Hitler opined/ranted along the same lines.  It's old stuff really.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 01:22:55 PM »
I have a home BB.   

It's the cardboard box about 100 yards from the bus stop!   ;D

Oh and by the way,  the last 2 years i visited my folks there, i stayed at those Army Condos on the beach on the west side of the island about 15 miles or more past those hotels where all the pro bowl players stay.....   I saw lots of homeless people living on the beach and i've come to the conclusion that if i was ever homeless, Hawaii is the place to be!

Waianae.  Next time you should stay at Barbers Point (on the way to Waianae, right by the Ihilani--where the Pro Bowlers stay) or Bellows (in Waimanalo).  I like both of those better than the places out in Waianae.