Author Topic: For all you skim reading fools: why gays shouldn't be allowed to be open  (Read 4292 times)

gymforlord

• Getbig II
For all of you skim reading libs that don't bother to read a persons opinion on something here we go again. I personally have no problem serving with gay men. I have several gay friends and could care less. I know that in the morning after PT when I am in the locker room, there is probably a gay man in there. I don't worry about him running buy and grabbing my ass or anything, and if the soap dropped I wouldn't worry about picking it up. That is how most of us feel, we know there are gays amongst us and we don't feel threatened by it. But it only takes 1 or 2 guys in a unit to not feel this way and the unit effectiveness will suffer. The first time 2 gay guys are sitting in the break room and start talking about taking it in the ass, or how they met this well hung dude over the weekend it will cause most of us to be uncomfortable. All of my gay friends know not to talk about their man love in front of me. It isn't the showering together, rooming together, sitting in a fox hole next to each other that is the issue in the military. It is having to listen to their gay experiences that is the problem. I know you all like to bash the military and think we are all cavemen but it isn't like that at all. This is not England, France, Canada or any other liberal country. Americans aren't as open about sexuality as they are, plain and simple. Just like you don't see nudity in commercials here in the US. That isn't going to change in our lifetime. Gays are welcome to serve next to me, (I actually I work with one right now.) but you are expected to keep your gayness to yourself. If you want to join the service as a gay man/woman and hang out at the gay bars on the weekend and take it in the ass you are welcome to. Just don'g get caught. Why can't that be good enough?   
I totally agree with you.
Personally, any form of showing sexuality is inappropriate in ANY type of military situation.