Author Topic: Jose Padilla  (Read 1269 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Jose Padilla
« on: March 17, 2007, 12:25:05 AM »
Just read up on this Jose Padilla matter.  I have not followed this case.  I was under the impression, based on reading stuff here, that this was some innocent American citizen held without charges.  Silly me.  Turns out this guy has been bad news.  In and out of prison.  Currently awaiting trial on charges of conspiracy to commit murder, kidnapping, and maiming.  His trial will begin soon. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Padilla_%28alleged_supporter_of_terrorism%29

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Jose Padilla
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 05:35:43 AM »
Just read up on this Jose Padilla matter.  I have not followed this case.  I was under the impression, based on reading stuff here, that this was some innocent American citizen held without charges.  Silly me.  Turns out this guy has been bad news.  In and out of prison.  Currently awaiting trial on charges of conspiracy to commit murder, kidnapping, and maiming.  His trial will begin soon. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Padilla_%28alleged_supporter_of_terrorism%29

He's been held for 5 years.  I don't care if a guy has a criminal past - you can't hold an American for 5 years without due process.  Cause if you approve it for one guy (Padilla) you approve it for everyone.  There are no gray areas.

This is what happens - they put one retarded egg out there, and apply this unconstitutional thing.  People say "He's bad, they SHOULD lock him up without trial!" and support it.  however once it's legal it can be done to all 300mil Americans.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 10:14:32 AM »
I don't think anyone, citizen or not, should be held for five years without charges. 

I'm talking about context.  I didn't hear you or anyone else who talked about this guy mention anything about the fact he is a criminal.  Most of the people caught up in the system are criminals and don't need to be on the streets.  Even though I don't think the guy should have been held without charges, the fact is Bush did you a favor by getting this terd off the streets.  The ordinary law abiding citizen who isn't running around with Al Qaeda like this idiot generally doesn't have to be worried about getting arrested. 

Here is an excerpt about his background:

Padilla's parents moved to the state of New York from the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. He was born in Brooklyn, New York, but later moved to Chicago, Illinois where he joined the Maniac Latin Disciples street gang and was arrested several times. During his gang years, he maintained several aliases, such as José Rivera, José Alicea, José Hernandez, and José Ortiz. As a small-time criminal he was convicted of aggravated assault as a juvenile when a gang member he kicked in the head died.[2] After serving his last jail sentence, he converted to Islam and professed a nonviolent philosophy. He went to the Masjid Al-Iman mosque in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with Adham Amin Hassoun, who at that time was the registered agent for Benevolence International Foundation, a charitable trust which U.S. investigators have accused of funding terrorist activities. Padilla and Hassoun became friends. U.S. authorities accuse Hassoun of consorting with radical Islamic fundamentalists, including Al-Qaeda. Hassoun was arrested in 2002 for overstaying his visa.[3]

If you don't want Big Brother locking you up, then don't break the law and quit hanging around with terrorists. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 12:59:39 PM »
BB,

"Even though I don't think the guy should have been held without charges, the fact is Bush did you a favor by getting this terd off the streets. If you don't want Big Brother locking you up, then don't break the law and quit hanging around with terrorists."

That is the most UN-American thing I've ever read on getbig.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 01:04:47 PM »
BB,

"Even though I don't think the guy should have been held without charges, the fact is Bush did you a favor by getting this terd off the streets. If you don't want Big Brother locking you up, then don't break the law and quit hanging around with terrorists."

That is the most UN-American thing I've ever read on getbig.

LOL.  And I'm supposed to care about your opinion because . . . ?   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 01:09:05 PM »
LOL.  And I'm supposed to care about your opinion because . . . ?   ::)

you value my opinion, ya can't deny it.

For real, to say a guy doesn't deserve constitutional rights cause he has a criminal past (which he has repaid his debt for)... that's un-American. 

I guess every ex-con who hangs out with the wrong crowd should be locked up for 5 years without being charged.  Good call, bro.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 01:14:03 PM »
you value my opinion, ya can't deny it.

I deny it.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 01:20:39 PM »
I deny it.   ::)

By responding, you verified to the class that you care enough about the validity of my statements to challenge them publicly.

By denying my belief, you have assigned a value to it (zero).

you may assign it a value of zero, but indeed, you do value it.  And you took the time to tell us.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 01:24:15 PM »
By responding, you verified to the class that you care enough about the validity of my statements to challenge them publicly.

By denying my belief, you have assigned a value to it (zero).

you may assign it a value of zero, but indeed, you do value it.  And you took the time to tell us.

By responding with the following:  "LOL" I am indicating that I find your comments funny enough to make me laugh out loud.  By responding with the following:  " ::)"  I am dismissing your comments as absurd. 

Cannot play anymore.  Adios.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 01:29:23 PM »
By responding with the following:  "LOL" I am indicating that I find your comments funny enough to make me laugh out loud.  By responding with the following:  " ::)"  I am dismissing your comments as absurd. 

Cannot play anymore.  Adios.   :)

By saying "adios", you make it clear that while extremely adversarial, we do possess a relationship you value enough to garnish with pleasantries in hopes of battling again.  That value of zero doesn't seem credible anymore. 

;D