Author Topic: Hey Libs, you guys missed this stuff on your mainstream media  (Read 7812 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Hey Libs, you guys missed this stuff on your mainstream media
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 10:48:20 AM »
How about some good things that have happened in Iraq. The Iraqi people have gotten the chance to participate in free and fair elections. They now have a free press, and no longer live in fear of their government. Saddam Hussein and his murderous sons, Uday and Qusay, are dead; likewise Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the former leader of al Qaeda in Iraq. Water and power services have been progressively restored and expanded, medical care has been greatly improved, and convenient technological advances, such as the internet and cell phones, have been made more available to the general public

Much of this stuff is common knowledge:

- There have been free and fair elections.

- Saddam and his sons are dead.

- al Zarqawi is dead.

I have spoken to people on the ground in Iraq and watched a DVD of construction of hospitals, parks, schools, military/police training, etc. 

MM if I were you I wouldn't waste my time trying to tell people on this board about good news in Iraq.  I don't think they want to hear it. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 10:55:54 AM »
That is exactly what I said..."all infrastructure in Iraq is repaired".....Oh wait I didn't say that.....I said it has probably improved in a year's time. Way to paraphrase

The only thing that has improved in a years time, is the coroners skill of performing a autopsy.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 11:01:17 AM »
The only thing that has improved in a years time, is the coroners skill of performing a autopsy.

Way to change the subject! Good lib Good lib...sit boy
gotta love life

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 11:14:29 AM »

You're terrible at sarcasm.  You should try some other tack.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 11:17:55 AM »
You're terrible at sarcasm.  You should try some other tack.

Haven't found anything to discredit my factual post? I know that because like OzmO, 240, cardio, Beserker etc...you have resulted to persnal attacks. That is what happens when you guys can't argue the topic anymore
gotta love life

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »
Haven't found anything to discredit my factual post? I know that because like OzmO, 240, cardio, Beserker etc...you have resulted to persnal attacks. That is what happens when you guys can't argue the topic anymore

Actually it's you who results to personal attacks. Instead of berating everyone else for not hanging onto your every word and even creating self-important threads about it, maybe YOU should read your own posts.  And no, I wouldn't bother arguing but not for the reason you imply.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 11:27:23 AM »

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 11:29:17 AM »
Actually it's you who results to personal attacks. Instead of berating everyone else for not hanging onto your every word and even creating self-important threads about it, maybe YOU should read your own posts.  And no, I wouldn't bother arguing but not for the reason you imply.

Oh I attack, I admit that. I just attach factual information to my attacks. You...not so much
gotta love life

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 11:36:30 AM »
Yeah I;'m sure that the infrastructure in Iraq hasn't been rebuilt since July 2006...good source

Yeah your right 1 year later and the only thing that has changed is even more fraud and the Defense Department is now barring US companies from doing business with the Army.

Wed March 21st

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070321/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_iraq_fraud

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 11:38:37 AM »
Yeah your right 1 year later and the only thing that has changed is even more fraud and the Defense Department is now barring US companies from doing business with the Army.

Wed March 21st

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070321/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_iraq_fraud

This will be fun...you post a bad news story and I will post a good news one.......

http://www.redstate.com/stories/featured_stories/is_the_surge_working
gotta love life

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 11:43:34 AM »
Oh I attack, I admit that. I just attach factual information to my attacks. You...not so much

You must be joking. First of all, I'm a woman so chest beating doesn't do it for me the way it does for some of you guys. Secondly, I worked in research for a major American mag for two years.  I'm the queen of fact checking.  Thirdly, I understand spin better than you because I know how and why it's created.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 11:46:14 AM »
OK DeDee, find me a media outlet that you trust that denies these things have happened.....let me guess you will use CNN/CBS/NBC/ABC/etc....cause those aren't partisan at all.....

What are the problems with those networks?

Please be specific.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 11:48:37 AM »
What are the problems with those networks?

Please be specific.

-Hedge

Hedge do you honestly think they report both sides of the news?
gotta love life

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »
What I find ironic, is that most of the people that are defending the Iraqi's, or any muslim nation for that matter, because they feel it is their duty to make sure human civil rights prevail, think that if we offered democratic freedom by way of the US Constitution to any of those nations, they would PURPOSELY try to kill it off because that's NOT what they believe in.

I'm not being discriminate against Muslims, especially the hot Pakistani girls that I know here, but based on their beliefs and doctrines, the Civil Rights activists and supporters who want to save them, would be killed off in a minute by the same group of people they are trying to save.

Just a thought.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 11:50:39 AM »
You must be joking. First of all, I'm a woman so chest beating doesn't do it for me the way it does for some of you guys. Secondly, I worked in research for a major American mag for two years.  I'm the queen of fact checking.  Thirdly, I understand spin better than you because I know how and why it's created.
Uh....could I beat your chest? BKS BABY!

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2007, 11:51:49 AM »

Ok queen, so did you check my facts and prove them wrong?
gotta love life

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007, 11:53:15 AM »
This will be fun...you post a bad news story and I will post a good news one.......

http://www.redstate.com/stories/featured_stories/is_the_surge_working

Yes it will be fun :D Here are some excerpts taken from viewers of your article

Ironically, when I had breakfast a month ago with some Marines just back from Iraq, they told me that things were way worse than what the media portrays - there is a huge gulf between hearing about executions and actually seeing 50 men, bound and gagged, with a bullet in the back of their head. They made the point that we simply could not handle the truth.

I think you will find that most at RS do not say things are going great in Iraq, but that the MSM is overzealous in its reporting of negative events while less than eager to look for positive stories

I still say Let's Wait to put up that 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' banner.

Let's downplay our successes until they are real and seem lasting.

Hey, but we can HOPE.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2007, 11:59:22 AM »
OK DeDee, find me a media outlet that you trust that denies these things have happened.....let me guess you will use CNN/CBS/NBC/ABC/etc....cause those aren't partisan at all.....

Military Muscle... I'm Canadian.  I don't have this if you ain't with us, yer against us mentality that you do.  I'd rather think for myself and come to my own conclusions whatever side of the fence they may fall.  I don't really watch any of those news stations unless I'm traveling. But I do read... stuff like the below, as well as the odd book, etc... and I think it's fanciful dreaming to expect the people of a tribal culture who have no problem with the idea of avenging some family honor wrong commited three hundred years before to suddenly "switch" to democracy overnight. That's my opinion with facts attached,

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/13710030/leaving_iraq_the_grim_truth

http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue10_3/mac/

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »
That website has a large Advert. for Ann Coulter front and center on the first page.  Nothing like aligning yourself with a nutjob to boost your credibility.

I might align with Coulter but you align with these people?

http://www.rightpundits.com/

"Showing that their true colors are not red, white and blue, a pack of wild liberals burned a U.S. soldier in effigy in Portland Oregon. The despicable act of “free speech” took place at an organized anti-war rally"

"The flag got burned as well, upside down and all. An upside down flag is a sign of a nation in distress. You should not lose the irony that the distress flag is always near where liberals gather. They are certainly screwing the country."

gotta love life

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2007, 12:00:43 PM »
Uh....could I beat your chest? BKS BABY!

Hey pookie-face... miss you lord stinky balut!  :-*

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 12:10:26 PM »
Yes it will be fun :D Here are some excerpts taken from viewers of your article

Ironically, when I had breakfast a month ago with some Marines just back from Iraq, they told me that things were way worse than what the media portrays - there is a huge gulf between hearing about executions and actually seeing 50 men, bound and gagged, with a bullet in the back of their head. They made the point that we simply could not handle the truth.

I think you will find that most at RS do not say things are going great in Iraq, but that the MSM is overzealous in its reporting of negative events while less than eager to look for positive stories

I still say Let's Wait to put up that 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' banner.

Let's downplay our successes until they are real and seem lasting.

Hey, but we can HOPE.

How about I quote myself upon returning from Iraq....."I wish the nedia would show all the good work going on in Iraq. I wish it would show pictures of the kids running out to meet our convoys and waving and smilig at us."
gotta love life

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 02:03:44 PM »
Hedge do you honestly think they report both sides of the news?

Good question.

Still, what are the problems with those (CNN/CBS/NBC/ABC/etc) networks?

Please be specific.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 02:09:56 PM »
Much of this stuff is common knowledge:

- There have been free and fair elections.

- Saddam and his sons are dead.

- al Zarqawi is dead.

Saddam is dead for his connection to 9-11 and having WMD's. BOTH PROVEN DEAD WRONG.

al Zarqawi was a nobody..........again, no connection to WMD;s or 9-11.

One more thing................... where's Bin Laden? Duhhhhhhhhhh who??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2007, 02:33:43 PM »
The media censors itself and reports with an agenda.  This is based upon public opinions, ratings, and the self-interests of the media organizations.  War machine firm GE is the parent company of NBC.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2007, 02:44:54 PM »
I might align with Coulter but you align with these people?

http://www.rightpundits.com/

"Showing that their true colors are not red, white and blue, a pack of wild liberals burned a U.S. soldier in effigy in Portland Oregon. The despicable act of “free speech” took place at an organized anti-war rally"

"The flag got burned as well, upside down and all. An upside down flag is a sign of a nation in distress. You should not lose the irony that the distress flag is always near where liberals gather. They are certainly screwing the country."

Bloodbath Bush lied.........MY soliders died jackass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!