Author Topic: Pro-life 'personhood' effort advances  (Read 7727 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Pro-life 'personhood' effort advances
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2010, 10:23:06 AM »
actually the current legal structure does not allow ppl to choose abortion or not, it allows women to choose abortion or not...MEN still have no say in matter at all  >:( ;)

straw: "its her body, its her choice"
tony: "I agree its her body, so she should be the only one effected by her choice"
straw: "BLAH BLAH BLAH...jebus, jebus, jebus..."

you also have the choice to use a condom and also the choice to not have sex.

the choices for both you and the woman begin and end with your own bodies.

pretty simple and easy to understand isn't it?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »
Soon you won't be able to jack off without some 'ownership' or rights going to the sperm.  You'll be arrested for 'endangering their welfare'  ::)
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »

I agree and they should only effect the person who decides them not other parties that have no say...

Id say its pretty simple and easy to understand that?

she has all the same options a guy has, why does she get one more? b/c its her body which I can agree with but since its only her body and only her choice, why hold the guy responsible for her choice?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 10:36:41 AM »
I agree and they should only effect the person who decides them not other parties that have no say...

Id say its pretty simple and easy to understand that?

she has all the same options a guy has, why does she get one more? b/c its her body which I can agree with but since its only her body and only her choice, why hold the guy responsible for her choice?

I assume you mean why hold the guy financially responsible for his own child?

if you really need an answer to that question you should ask your parents

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2010, 10:48:08 AM »
I assume you mean why hold the guy financially responsible for his own child?

if you really need an answer to that question you should ask your parents
LOL well thats something that the guy and girl need to take into account before having unprotected sex and something the women needs to take into account when SHE has the decision to have an abortion or not...holding someone else responsible for another persons decision is assinine...

thats like saying that a women cant have an abortion b/c the man doesnt want her to  ::)

but your idiocy and lack of logic is undoubtedly blocking you from seeing the inequality in rights in this situation...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 10:55:58 AM »
LOL well thats something that the guy and girl need to take into account before having unprotected sex and something the women needs to take into account when SHE has the decision to have an abortion or not...holding someone else responsible for another persons decision is assinine...

thats like saying that a women cant have an abortion b/c the man doesnt want her to  ::)

but your idiocy and lack of logic is undoubtedly blocking you from seeing the inequality in rights in this situation...

LOL !

ok Logic Master

whatever you say

you seem to understand it all the way up to the point of having to support the child

if you don't want to support your own child then I guess you want the tax payer to support your kid

like I said, if you really don't understand why you should support your own kid (regardless of the law) then you really should have a serious talk with your parents.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »
A man has no more right to force a woman to get an abortion than a woman does forcing a man to get a vasectomy.

It's that simple.  There is not inequality at all.  Trying to find some basis of one is not only mindnumbingly foolish, it's also incorrect.  What is in a womans body is hers and if you happen to have a genetic say in the child then you will and are legally responsible.  The woman because it's her body can decide what course of action she will take.  

This isn't even an issue of national relevance.  There are far more children abandoned by dead beat fathers in this country.  Lets focus on that issue as it's more widespread and more destructive to our society.  
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2010, 11:01:15 AM »
LOL !

ok Logic Master

whatever you say

you seem to understand it all the way up to the point of having to support the child

if you don't want to support your own child then I guess you want the tax payer to support your kid

like I said, if you really don't understand why you should support your own kid (regardless of the law) then you really should have a serious talk with your parents.   
when did I say I wouldnt support my kid? LOL another great leap of logic on your part  ;)

point is if it is her choice then she and she alone should bear the responsibiity of the actions...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »
when did I say I wouldnt support my kid? LOL another great leap of logic on your part  ;)

point is if it is her choice then she and she alone should bear the responsibiity of the actions...

Tony is 100 percent correct in my estimate.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »

way to contradict yourself in only two sentences

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »
A man has no more right to force a woman to get an abortion than a woman does forcing a man to get a vasectomy.

It's that simple.  There is not inequality at all.  Trying to find some basis of one is not only mindnumbingly foolish, it's also incorrect.  What is in a womans body is hers and if you happen to have a genetic say in the child then you will and are legally responsible.  The woman because it's her body can decide what course of action she will take.  

This isn't even an issue of national relevance.  There are far more children abandoned by dead beat fathers in this country.  Lets focus on that issue as it's more widespread and more destructive to our society.  
LOL there are more and more law suits every year about this so obviously there is some basis here. I agree she can decide what course of action but you still havent given any good argument for why the man has a say after but not before...you say that its b/c its his genetic contribution...is it still not his genetic contribution while its in her? or does it magically become only his genetic contribution after birth?  ;)

logic its a bitch for morons...

and I agree that this isnt a pressing concern but its just annoying as hell to see hypocrisey...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2010, 11:06:57 AM »
way to contradict yourself in only two sentences

LMAO another fail in your logic...just b/c i feel that women who get pregnant should be prepared to bear the entire responsibility of her actions DOESNT mean that I feel that men shouldnt take care of their children...

YOU SEE the difference is I believe they should get a choice JUST LIKE WOMEN DOOOO

I would choose to take care of my children...so how did i contradict myself?

yet again more failed logic from you  ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2010, 11:08:13 AM »
LMAO another fail in your logic...just b/c i feel that women who get pregnant should be prepared to bear the entire responsibility of her actions DOESNT mean that I feel that men shouldnt take care of their children...
YOU SEE the difference is I believe they should get a choice JUST LIKE WOMEN DOOOO

I would choose to take care of my children...so how did i contradict myself?

yet again more failed logic from you  ;)

so if you think that men should take care of their children then what is your point?

what exactly are you bitching about?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2010, 11:11:31 AM »
so if you think that men should take care of their children then what is your point?

what exactly are you bitching about?
OMG youre dense as shit

my point is they should get a choice...just like women do, this doesnt mean im for men being dead beat fathers

your logic is that its her body and her fetus to do with what she wants, correct?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2010, 11:14:20 AM »
OMG youre dense as shit

my point is they should get a choice...just like women do, this doesnt mean im for men being dead beat fathers

your logic is that its her body and her fetus to do with what she wants, correct?

you make all the choices for your body and she makes the choices for her body.

If a child is born then both parents need to be responsible for that kid

what part of that don't you agree with?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2010, 11:19:37 AM »

Shouldn't the fetus' body should be both of their responsibility?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »

the problem is its not just her body...there is a fetus...now is the fetus hers or both of theirs?

if its hers then she and she alone should bear the responsibility of her choice...if its both of theirs then why doesnt the man get an equal choice?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2010, 11:34:57 AM »
LOL there are more and more law suits every year about this so obviously there is some basis here. I agree she can decide what course of action but you still havent given any good argument for why the man has a say after but not before...you say that its b/c its his genetic contribution...is it still not his genetic contribution while its in her? or does it magically become only his genetic contribution after birth?  ;)

logic its a bitch for morons...

and I agree that this isnt a pressing concern but its just annoying as hell to see hypocrisey...

Uh it doesn't 'magically' become his, it is his.  Once a child is born it is the legal responsibility of both parents. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2010, 11:35:18 AM »

I wish most gays who contract aids understood that and stopped going on medicaid and sticking the taxpayer with the tab for the reckless lifestyles.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2010, 11:37:13 AM »
Uh it doesn't 'magically' become his, it is his.  Once a child is born it is the legal responsibility of both parents. 
if it is his then why doesnt he get any say in it?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:23 AM »
the problem is its not just her body...there is a fetus...now is the fetus hers or both of theirs?

if its hers then she and she alone should bear the responsibility of her choice...if its both of theirs then why doesnt the man get an equal choice?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2010, 11:48:02 AM »

tony - did you miss health class in middle school ?

The fetus is part of the womans body
If a living kid pops out then its the responsility of both (but we already agree on that right?)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »

If a living kid pops out then its the responsility of both (but we already agree on that right?)
ok so why is the man repsonsible for something that is soley the womans?

I do not agree its the responsibility of both(i agree that is should be), right now it should only be the responsibility of the women as you pointed out its hers and part of her body...what makes you think the man should have legal responsibility to the child? obviously the woman has a choice to bear legal responsibiity to the child b/c its hers and hers alone

if the man bears legal responsibility to the child why does he not bear legal responsibility to the fetus? is it not half his?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »

you didnt answer my question...my question was is the fetus hers or does it belong to both of them?

if it is hers than she and she alone should have say over what happens to it and SHE AND SHE ALONE should take responsibility over her property...

if its both of theirs then they should both get a say...

the fetus doesnt magically become both of theirs after birth, it was either hers or theirs all along...which one is it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »
you didnt answer my question...my question was is the fetus hers or does it belong to both of them?

if it is hers than she and she alone should have say over what happens to it and SHE AND SHE ALONE should take responsibility over her property...

if its both of theirs then they should both get a say...

the fetus doesnt magically become both of theirs after birth, it was either hers or theirs all along...which one is it?
sorry Tony, I forgot how easily you get confused
Fetus grows inside the mommies womb and is part of her body which is hers.  Once rhe baby pops out now its the responsibility of the mommy and daddy.   No magic involved but if still confused you should call your own parents