Author Topic: GOP Rep: ‘At Least Ten ISIS Fighters Have Been Caught Coming Across The Mexican  (Read 9077 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Looks like a few of Obama's boys have been caught...

WASHINGTON (CBS DC) – Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., says that at least ten fighters for the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria have been apprehended while attempting to enter the southern U.S. border.

The California Republican claims that “at least ten ISIS fighters have been caught coming across the Mexican border in Texas,” in a conversation with Fox News on Tuesday. Hunter says that the Islamic terrorists are slipping into the U.S. through the porous southern border as several have already been captured.

“There’s nobody talking about it,” Rep. Hunter told Fox. “If you really want to protect Americans from ISIS, you secure the southern border. It’s that simple…They caught them at the border, therefore we know that ISIS is coming across the border. If they catch five or ten of them then you know there’s going to be dozens more that did not get caught by the border patrol.”

In August, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Martin Dempsey, warned that the open border posed an “immediate threat” for terrorist activity infiltrating the country. The government watchdog group, Judicial Watch, said ISIS terrorists were “planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born [sic] improvised explosive devices.”

Hunter, a member of the House Armed Services Committee, said that 1,933-mile southern border with Mexico is the obvious entry point for Islamic State terrorists. He says that information regarding the capture of Islamic State terrorists crossing the border comes directly from U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

“ISIS doesn’t have a navy, they don’t have an air force, they don’t have nuclear weapons. The only way that ISIS is going to harm Americans is by coming through the southern border – which they already have,” he added.

“They aren’t flying B-1 bombers, bombing American cities,” said Hunter. “But they are going to be bombing American cities coming across from Mexico…All you have to do is ask the border patrol.”

The Department of Homeland Security released a statement on Wednesday that claims alleging Islamic State militants have been apprehended at the Mexican border are “categorically false.”

“The suggestion that individuals who have ties to ISIL have been apprehended at the Southwest border is categorically false, and not supported by any credible intelligence or the facts on the ground,” a DHS spokesman said in a statement today. “DHS continues to have no credible intelligence to suggest terrorist organizations are actively plotting to cross the southwest border.”

After Hunter’s comments to Fox, one of his sources nuanced their claims, saying that some of those apprehended at the border might be ISIS-affiliated or possibly Americans who fought with the Syrian Free Army – one of my ISIS enemies.

In a statement to ABC News, a spokesperson for Hunter said he was not backing down on the claims.

“The Congressman was conveying what he knows — and what he was told,” the spokesperson told ABC. “It makes sense that the left hand of DHS doesn’t know what the right hand is doing — it’s been that way for a long time and we don’t expect that to change.”

– Benjamin Fearnow

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/10/08/gop-rep-at-least-ten-isis-fighters-have-been-caught-coming-across-the-mexican-border/

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: GOP Rep: ‘At Least Ten ISIS Fighters Have Been Caught Mexican
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 12:09:28 PM »
Kinda weird that at this point he's not backing down....
L

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
I find it more strange that they can catch these fuckers, but not Mexicans
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
really weird a congressionman breaks this news.

What border agency reports directly to their congressman without this HUGE STORY leaking to the press somewhere along the way?

Either he said something he wasn't supposed to, or he was exaggerating to sound important on FOX news.  It's so unusual for US Customs and Border to have info so top secret that the public doesn't hear it... but a congressman can report it on FOX lol. 

Weird all around.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
Coach, while I disagree with Obama's policies FERVENTLY on this issue (I think he is being an utter retard with border control or lack of and I believe he should put troops on the ground in syria/iraq/even turkey to prevent what is coming next) I don't think you can say these are "obama's boys".

I mean c'mon. Explain that.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Coach, while I disagree with Obama's policies FERVENTLY on this issue (I think he is being an utter retard with border control or lack of and I believe he should put troops on the ground in syria/iraq/even turkey to prevent what is coming next) I don't think you can say these are "obama's boys".

I mean c'mon. Explain that.

after that he can explain how he got duped yet again and has publicly humiliated himself with yet another lie by a member of his party

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
after that he can explain how he got duped yet again and has publicly humiliated himself with yet another lie by a member of his party

You thought ISIS was made up and a lie, didn't you?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You thought ISIS was made up and a lie, didn't you?

GOP Rep: ‘At Least Ten ISIS Fighters Have Been Caught Coming Across The Mexican

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
GOP Rep: ‘At Least Ten ISIS Fighters Have Been Caught Coming Across The Mexican

And?? You act like it wasn't possible. Haha. Maybe you don't realize what your terrorist-in-chief has created.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
They found a prayer rug on the border and now they are going nuts.  Joe, you're a fucking idiot. 
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
And?? You act like it wasn't possible. Haha. Maybe you don't realize what your terrorist-in-chief has created.

And the DHS chief said that's an outright lie.

So... either Rep. Hunter made up some shit on the spot to rile up FOX viewers and get this rumor going on message boards, and he's willing to make people scared with lies in order to reach his political goals...

OR

it is true, and everyone from Customs to Homeland Security and all the Cali leadership and border patrol and everyone else is keeping it secret for some reason, and Rep Hunter has no problem leaking top secret intel when politically convenient, to a news station watched by his base.

Either way, sorry, he looks like total shit on this issue.  If the only defense now is, "well, it's POSSIBLE", and you're completely cool with our leaders making up bullshit ona whim to scare people, then you gotta stop complaining when obama does this bullshit too.   Gotta hold all politicians to this standards - And Rep. Hunter is either leaking classified info, or just a big lying fearmonger.

It's time to back away support for Rep Hunter and change this to "let's wait and see..." because defending him any more will just make you regret it later once we hear his apology today for "confusion" or whatever.  Although his office wasn't backing down- they reaffirmed his claim later yesterday.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
They found a prayer rug on the border and now they are going nuts.  Joe, you're a fucking idiot. 

wasn't that prayer rug actually a soccer jersey?   

http://gawker.com/breitbart-com-is-sure-this-adidas-shirts-an-islamo-mexi-1603045854

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
wasn't that prayer rug actually a soccer jersey?   

http://gawker.com/breitbart-com-is-sure-this-adidas-shirts-an-islamo-mexi-1603045854

Never saw the proof but if that's it....then that's a fucking jersey... :D
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson is pushing back against a claim made by Rep. Duncan Hunter that at least 10 Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant fighters were apprehended trying to come into the U.S. from Mexico.

“We have no credible, specific intelligence to that effect,” Johnson said of ISIL insurgents illegally entering the country from along the southern border on CNN Wednesday evening. “And I look at the intelligence reports from overseas from our southern border from our intelligence community virtually every day, numerous times a day, to be on the lookout for something of that nature. So, what I’d say to the American public is we’re vigilant in looking out for individuals of suspicion who may be crossing our border.”

The top DHS official didn’t mention Hunter, a California Republican congressman, by name. But on several occasions, Johnson said that public officials have a “responsibility” to not “unnecessarily frighten the American public.”
“Let’s not unduly create fear and anxiety in the American public by passing on speculation and rumor,” the secretary told host Wolf Blitzer.

Blitzer asked specifically about comments made Tuesday evening by Hunter, a member of the House Armed Services Committee. “[A]t least 10 ISIS fighters have been caught coming across the Mexican border in Texas,” the congressman said during an interview on Fox News, citing information from source from Customs and Border Protection, which is under DHS authority. Hunter also suggested that it was likely that “dozens” of others linked to the terrorist group that has recently beheaded two American journalists and two British aid workers would likely not get caught by border agents and make their way into the U.S.

On Wednesday, DHS flatly said that Hunter’s claim was unfounded. “The suggestion that individuals who have ties to ISIL have been apprehended at the southwest border is categorically false, and not supported by any credible intelligence or the facts on the ground,” a DHS spokesperson said.

Judicial Watch reported later Wednesday that four “Islamic terrorists” had been seized along the southern border in 36 hours.
Hunter’s deputy chief of staff, Joe Kasper, told POLITICO that the congressman stands by his statement, which came from a conversation with a “high-level” source, but didn’t elaborate when asked about the individuals’ specific ties to ISIL.
In September, Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah claimed that four men linked to terrorist organizations tried to cross the border earlier that month.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/isil-us-border-homeland-security-duncan-hunter-111722.html#ixzz3FeBbtd91

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Congressman whose district is San Diego has secret intel from the Texas border patrol that hasn't made its way to DHS yet.  Amazing. 

It's the top news story all over right now, on both the conservative and liberal news sites.  Either ISIS was stopped at the border, and it's some INCREDIBLE news that we stopped a terror attack, and Hunter leaked this classified info for whatever reason... OR Rep Hunter is a fearmonger, cawksucking liar, trying to scare people to gain a political edge. 

Personally, I believe he just made it up on the spot to scare people. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: GOP Rep: ‘At Least Ten ISIS Fighters Have Been Caught Mexican
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 06:44:20 AM »
Well again...there are towns in central America that look like downtown Bagdad. We've known for years that that they'll try and cross anywhere to get here. We know that Quds sleepers are in the US. I bet idiots like Vince thought flying planes into buildings was sci-fi. Should something happen can we use your business income to pay back the victims....only seems fair as the threat is so low.
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
I'm skeptical about this information.    Time will tell.
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: GOP Rep: ‘At Least Ten ISIS Fighters Have Been Caught The Mexican
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 06:58:17 AM »
I am to....not because I don't believe its possible but Duncan Hunter is not an idiot. Stuff like this is better leaked then flat out said in an interview. Plus u gotta bring forth proof.
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: GOP Rep: ‘At Least Ten ISIS Fighters Have Been Caught The Mexican
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 07:08:12 AM »
I am to....not because I don't believe its possible but Duncan Hunter is not an idiot. Stuff like this is better leaked then flat out said in an interview. Plus u gotta bring forth proof.

I agree, without evidence a subtle leak is better.  If its complete BS it will only make Hunter look bad .   Worth looking into, for sure.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V

ten ISIS members would be a HUGE catch.  I mean, that's a terror cell or two.  That's multiple attacks.  That's a HUGE deal.  This is catching Atta with a flat tire on the evening of Sept 10th and locking his ass up.  This is HUGE. 

So if they do have these guys, maybe they're pumping them for intel, which means Hunter just OUTED an intelligence source in an ongoing investigation.  Terrible.

Or they don't really have these guys (my suspicion) and he just exaggerated on the spot.  I'm fine if people want to exaggerate their bench press or 40 time... but in this case, people can get killed over this... if I live in TX and I see "ISIS border invasion" and I have fewer IQ points than teeth, I'm a trigger happy hillbilly this morning after watching FOX news. 

Aside from that, he's scaring americans.  He's making people in our awesome nation more scared.  He's elected to protect us, and screaming boogeyman 24/7 in someone's face is not how you do that.  LYING on the mass media to just make people more scared, that's some bullshit right there. 

And he'll blame it on some bullshit too... "I received some bad reports, I misspoke, I was talking about something else" and the sheep followers that parroted the first story will do the same for the second.  They'll walk away feeling like they were right all along somehow. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
ten ISIS members would be a HUGE catch.  I mean, that's a terror cell or two.  That's multiple attacks.  That's a HUGE deal.  This is catching Atta with a flat tire on the evening of Sept 10th and locking his ass up.  This is HUGE. 

So if they do have these guys, maybe they're pumping them for intel, which means Hunter just OUTED an intelligence source in an ongoing investigation.  Terrible.

Or they don't really have these guys (my suspicion) and he just exaggerated on the spot.  I'm fine if people want to exaggerate their bench press or 40 time... but in this case, people can get killed over this... if I live in TX and I see "ISIS border invasion" and I have fewer IQ points than teeth, I'm a trigger happy hillbilly this morning after watching FOX news. 

Aside from that, he's scaring americans.  He's making people in our awesome nation more scared.  He's elected to protect us, and screaming boogeyman 24/7 in someone's face is not how you do that.  LYING on the mass media to just make people more scared, that's some bullshit right there. 

And he'll blame it on some bullshit too... "I received some bad reports, I misspoke, I was talking about something else" and the sheep followers that parroted the first story will do the same for the second.  They'll walk away feeling like they were right all along somehow. 

Another reason to keep quiet is that if terrorist were captured crossing the border it puts pressure on the Obama administration to actually secure the border.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Another reason to keep quiet is that if terrorist were captured crossing the border it puts pressure on the Obama administration to actually secure the border.

Eh, maybe, but it's weak.  You have so many repubs with so many quote on "act of love" and "let the children in" and whatnot... Maybe that's it, but really, I doubt it.

If Obama CAPTURED ISIS fighters, wow, it'd be a HUGE win, and you'd better believe the guy who can't order a soda without mentioning he killed Bin laden, would be talking about the bust 24/7.  Unless it was ongoing.

The flippant way Hunter blurted it out... to me, it sounded like a dude on some meds just getting a little loopy and pushing a somewhat believable lie that would be red meat to his base.  I bet his donor dollars skyrocketed last night for his "honesty while obama/DHS/Border patrol all lie to us". 

It just seemed to weird that a san diego congressman would leak this about a TX border bust.  More likely, he just made it up to scare people.  That's a dick move. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: GOP Rep: ‘At Least Ten ISIS Fighters Have Across The Mexican
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 07:38:05 AM »
Oddly all the places that Obama dumped the 3rd worlders are the same places these kids are getting this weird and deadly virus.

I don't know what Hunter's aims are.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 09:37:10 AM »
Oddly all the places that Obama dumped the 3rd worlders are the same places these kids are getting this weird and deadly virus.

I don't know what Hunter's aims are.

his aims are to rile up the segment of his party so that is so fucking stupid that they believe everything they hear.   It's the group that is made up of people that are so fucking stupid that when they find out something isn't true they make posts like this in defense of their stupidity

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 09:38:04 AM »
his aims are to rile up the segment of his party so that is so fucking stupid that they believe everything they hear.   It's the group that is made up of people that are so fucking stupid that when they find out something isn't true they make posts like this in defense of their stupidity

LOL - yeah things are great bro - Obama admn go this.  LMFAO!!!!