Author Topic: Homeowners son defends himself against 3 intruders with "high capacity" AR-15  (Read 9174 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I'm sure a number of you guys have seen this but I don't see a thread on it so i figured I would post something.

Basically a young man was at home when three kids break in to rob them. The man used his AR-15 to shoot and kill all three men supposedly shooting 12 times per the get away driver who was arrested after the fact.

In California his magazine would have been illegal, he would have had to reload with that stupid ass bullet button to insert another magazine.

https://gma.yahoo.com/dont-blame-him-alleged-getaway-driver-says-resident-004905952--abc-news-topstories.html

Politicians shouldn't be regulating how many rounds you need to protect yourself.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I'm sure a number of you guys have seen this but I don't see a thread on it so i figured I would post something.

Basically a young man was at home when three kids break in to rob them. The man used his AR-15 to shoot and kill all three men supposedly shooting 12 times per the get away driver who was arrested after the fact.

In California his magazine would have been illegal, he would have had to reload with that stupid ass bullet button to insert another magazine.

https://gma.yahoo.com/dont-blame-him-alleged-getaway-driver-says-resident-004905952--abc-news-topstories.html

Politicians shouldn't be regulating how many rounds you need to protect yourself.

Good for the homeowner.  Also surprised to see the getaway driver admit to her role, but good for her too. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
An "assault rifle" with a "high capacity" "clip"?

Good for him for defending his family.

The driver is probably dumb if she is talking to everyone without a lawyer. But she might be facing serious charges (in some states she could be held responsible for the deaths of the 3 accomplices).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
An "assault rifle" with a "high capacity" "clip"?

Good for him for defending his family.

The driver is probably dumb if she is talking to everyone without a lawyer. But she might be facing serious charges (in some states she could be held responsible for the deaths of the 3 accomplices).

From the link:

Elizabeth Marie Rodriguez, 21, was arrested on three counts of first-degree felony murder, three counts of first-degree burglary and one count of second-degree burglary in the fatal shooting of three teen burglary suspects by a resident in Broken Arrow, near Tulsa.

"I know what we did was stupid and wrong," she told ABC News. "I don't blame him. ... I understand why he did what he did. I mean, I do to an extent."

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
From the link:

Elizabeth Marie Rodriguez, 21, was arrested on three counts of first-degree felony murder, three counts of first-degree burglary and one count of second-degree burglary in the fatal shooting of three teen burglary suspects by a resident in Broken Arrow, near Tulsa.

"I know what we did was stupid and wrong," she told ABC News. "I don't blame him. ... I understand why he did what he did. I mean, I do to an extent."

Yep. This might be why she tries to appear like she has regret (might be genuine or not), if convicted she could be facing life in prison or even execution.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Yep. This might be why she tries to appear like she has regret (might be genuine or not), if convicted she could be facing life in prison or even execution.

Could be.  Although I like it when people take responsibility for their mistakes.  Doesn't mean they shouldn't be held responsible, but manning up is the right thing to do. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
each intruder was shot once so the 10 clip magazine in CA woud have been more than sufficient

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Crazy fuckers in Oklahoma, yeah.   It's a little sad because you figure that statistically at least one of those guys would have straightened his shit out over time, but no way you can ask the homeowner to risk his safety in that situation.

And the girl was probably so shocked that she was easily led into confessing.  But she's probably had a few second thoughts.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
each intruder was shot once so the 10 clip magazine in CA woud have been more than sufficient
Can you explain to me how this "10 clip magazine" works?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mazrim

• Getbig V
^
Epitome of a "company man". Always the same narrative.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

You don't know the first thing about guns.

chaos

• Getbig V
You don't know the first thing about guns.
Like most that want to "control" them, he knows shit about them.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

This is the reason I buy drum mags.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
By that logic he should have been limited to 3 rounds.

LMFAO and what exactly is a "10 clip magazine"?

Hahah you clueless fuck

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Hahah you clueless fuck

Interesting how he put 'clip' and 'magazine' together.

This is the type of ignorance we are up against.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Hahah you clueless fuck

as always

you're confused

just pointing out he had 3 x the ammo he needed (+ 1)

10 shot clip vs 12 shot clip made no difference

do you want to talk debate the "need" for a larger clip for a handgun?

chaos

• Getbig V
as always

you're confused

Do you think you're qualified to have a discussion about something you obviously know so little about?
I would suggest you start by learning the difference between a clip and a magazine and what each is used for.
And what difference would it have made of he had a 100 rnd drum mag?
What is the "need" for a smaller "clip"?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Do you think you're qualified to have a discussion about something you obviously know so little about?
I would suggest you start by learning the difference between a clip and a magazine and what each is used for.
And what difference would it have made of he had a 100 rnd drum mag?
What is the "need" for a smaller "clip"?

feel free to educate me

what did this guy have?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
To protect his family he would have been justified using a fucking tank.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
feel free to educate me

what did this guy have?

1st off let me state I know very little about Guns.
So The Below Statement may not be entirely correct.

A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine or cylinder of a firearm. ... The defining difference between clips and magazines is the presence of a feed mechanism in a magazine, typically a spring-loaded follower, which a clip lacks.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
as always

you're confused

You don't know what he needed, he could have hit all three with his last three rounds. That means he may have only got 1 with a 10 round mag ::)

What you're pointing out is your ignorance on the subject and the fact you know very little about guns.

I bet you're the type of person that sees these police shootings and asks "why cant they just shoot them in the legs?"

mazrim

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You don't know what he needed, he could have hit all three with his last three rounds. That means he may have only got 1 with a 10 round mag ::)

What you're pointing out is your ignorance on the subject and the fact you know very little about guns.

I bet you're the type of person that sees these police shootings and asks "why cant they just shoot them in the legs?"

just exactly like you don't know he needed a 12 round clip ::)

and just so you're not confused these people were armed and in his house and I'm perfectly fine with this guy shooting to kill

isn't that what you're supposed to do if you point a gun at someone?

I don't see any significant difference between 10 and 12 rounds

I don't see any need for someone to have a 33 round magazine like the Tuscon Shooter or the shooter in Aurora who supposedly had a 100-round drum magazine

chaos

• Getbig V
just exactly like you don't know he needed a 12 round clip ::)

and just so you're not confused these people were armed and in his house and I'm perfectly fine with this guy shooting to kill

isn't that what you're supposed to do if you point a gun at someone?

I don't see any significant difference between 10 and 12 rounds

I don't see any need for someone to have a 33 round magazine like the Tuscon Shooter or the shooter in Aurora who supposedly had a 100-round drum magazine

How do you know what someone else needs? Maybe some people feel the need to have more than 10 rnd mags, what's the harm?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
The more rounds the better.