Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Kamala plans to run for POTUS

<< < (3/110) > >>

polychronopolous:

--- Quote from: Yamcha on January 21, 2019, 12:24:33 PM ---Bernie running yet?

--- End quote ---

I don't think the Democrat Machine allows it.

Joe Biden and Bernie are probably the best chances to take on Trump because of their Rust Belt appeal but they have 3 things working against them.

They are both really white, really male and really old.

Biden will be get hammered by the progressive wing of the party. The Democrat Machine will do whatever it takes to keep Bernie down in the primary despite what the constituents want.

Then you have a motley crew of politicans just below them.

Kirsten Gillibrand - Really bizarre announcement speech. Mirrored more of a Trump Derangement therapy speech while simultaneously trying to appear progressive while she's obviously on the take for DNC donors.

Beto could not even take out Cruz. Trump would have that guy pissing himself in fear on stage.

Who else is out there? I can't even remember.

Big Picture - I think it feels good for Pelosi and co to pursue this shutdown to soothe their fragile egos but it will just be turned against them in a 50 state electoral strategy by Trump in 2020. Really poor leadership and strategy by the Democrats.

Moontrane:
I can't wait until Trump calls her "by far, the best looking attorney general U.S. Senator in the country.”   :D

Heads on the left would explode.

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Moontrane on January 21, 2019, 07:55:40 PM ---I can't wait until Trump calls her "by far, the best looking attorney general U.S. Senator in the country.”   :D

Heads on the left would explode.

--- End quote ---
Yes and the debates will be awesome as well.

Purge_WTF:
 Kirsten Gillibrand is a man-hating Feminist. (Yeah, I repeat myself.) She must not be President under any circumstances.

Skeletor:

Extramarital affair with Kamala Harris? Former San Francisco mayor, 84, admits it happened

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown addressed his past extramarital relationship with U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris in his weekly column Saturday, saying he may have boosted the presidential hopeful's career.

"Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago," Brown wrote in the San Francisco Chronicle.

"Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was [California] Assembly speaker. And I certainly helped with her first race for district attorney in San Francisco."

Brown, 84, pointed out that he also helped the careers of other prominent California Democrats, such as U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Gov. Gavin Newsom and U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

"The difference is that Harris is the only one who, after I helped her, sent word that I would be indicted if I 'so much as jaywalked' while she was D.A.,” Brown wrote. "That's politics for ya."

Brown appointed Harris -- about 30 years younger than Brown and just a few years out of law school – to two well-paid state commission assignments on the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and the California Medical Assistance Commission, the Washington Free Beacon reported.

"Whether you agree or disagree with the system, I did the work," Harris said in a 2003 interview with SF Weekly. "I brought a level of life knowledge and common sense to the jobs."

The former mayor also connected Harris with campaign donors, which helped her outraise her opponent for San Francisco district attorney, Business Insider reported. Brown's involvement in her election raised questions as to how Harris would remain impartial, given his enormous political clout.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-san-francisco-mayor-addresses-past-relationship-with-sen-kamala-harris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version