Author Topic: Biden’s Afghan exit strategy as driven by ‘ weakness, incompetence’  (Read 22157 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

What I don't understand is why all those people waited until now to get the hell out of there?

Victim blaming for sake of the party...SAD

Possibly the reason is that just a month earlier Biden assured the world this wouldn't happen.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Victim blaming for sake of the party...SAD

Possibly the reason is that just a month earlier Biden assured the world this wouldn't happen.

Fuck that.  In a place like Afghanistan?   No one could assure me.   Would you have waited?

Not sure why you think I am victim blaming.  Wondering why they waited doesn’t take away from the shit show this is and continues to be.   

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
A great many of these folks were offered help in getting out in the months leading up to the withdrawal.  Most opted to stay or so it appears. 

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
A great many of these folks were offered help in getting out in the months leading up to the withdrawal.  Most opted to stay or so it appears.

RUBBISH !.

You are Afghan (Pashtun), anti Trump & obviously pro Talibani !.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I ran Team Trump’s Afghan withdrawal — Biden’s attempt to blame us is just sad
New York Post ^ | August 19, 2021 6:35pm | By Kash Patel
Posted on 8/20/2021, 10:52:11 AM by Hojczyk

Trump instructed me to arrange a conditions-based, methodical exit plan that would preserve the national interest. The plan ended up being fairly simple: The Afghan government and the Taliban were both told they would face the full force of the US military if they caused any harm to Americans or American interests in Afghanistan.

Next, both parties would negotiate to create an interim-joint government, and both sides had to repudiate al Qaeda. Lastly, a small special-operations force would be stationed in the country to take direct action against any terrorist threats that arose. When all those conditions were met — along with other cascading conditions — then a withdrawal could, and did, begin.

We successfully executed this plan until Jan. 20, 2021. During this interval — when there were no US casualties in Afghanistan — President Ashraf Ghani and the Taliban conducted multiple rounds of negotiations, and al Qaeda was sidelined. The result was a successful drawdown of US forces in Afghanistan to 2,500, the lowest count since the dawn of the War on Terror.

Former Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller claimed that the Trump administration never intended to completely pull of out Afghanistan. Ex-Trump official Chris Miller says Taliban deal was a ‘play’ never intended to pull troops We handed our entire plan to the incoming Biden administration during the lengthy transition. The new team simply wasn’t interested.

Everything changed when the new commander in chief declared that US forces would leave Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 2021, pushing back the Trump administration’s timetable by four months. Crucially, he didn’t condition the withdrawal on continued adherence to the agreed-upon stipulations. It would be an unconditional pullout with an arbitrary date based on pure symbolism — and set in stone.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Fuck that.  In a place like Afghanistan?   No one could assure me.   Would you have waited?

Not sure why you think I am victim blaming.  Wondering why they waited doesn’t take away from the shit show this is and continues to be.

If you had been there for 20 years, your family, work and everything you own and the POTUS just said he had it under control? You 100% sure about that?

OzmO

• Getbig V

If you had been there for 20 years, your family, work and everything you own and the POTUS just said he had it under control? You 100% sure about that?

Knowing that the Taliban is about to take over?   I am 100% sure about that.  As soon as it looks like the US is leaving I am making arrangements to leave. 

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
Knowing that the Taliban is about to take over?   I am 100% sure about that.  As soon as it looks like the US is leaving I am making arrangements to leave.

Can you take BoB Straw & Jay III with you, thanks !.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Washington Post exposes the FAKE 300,000 Afghan troops number that Biden keeps repeating
AUG. 20, 2021 BY THE RIGHT SCOOP
https://therightscoop.com/washington-post-exposes-the-fake-300000-afghan-troops-number-that-biden-keeps-repeating/

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
RUBBISH !.

You are Afghan (Pashtun), anti Trump & obviously pro Talibani !.

You are a moron.  I'm a descendant of Polish Tatars. 

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
You are a moron.  I'm a descendant of Polish Tartars.

Bullshiting yourself pedo-muhammadan folower !.

Just re-read your old posting !.

No goat fuckers in Poland !.

+ learn geography  ;)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
WTF?  Our departure was conducted bass-ackward.

https://www.state.gov/gratitude-to-the-uae-for-facilitating-the-transit-of-u-s-citizens-embassy-personnel-and-others-from-afghanistan/

Gratitude to the UAE for Facilitating the Transit of U.S. Citizens, Embassy Personnel, and Others from Afghanistan

The United States is grateful to the United Arab Emirates for its humanitarian efforts and its gracious offer to facilitate the safe transit of U.S. citizens, embassy personnel, and foreign nationals evacuated from Kabul to third countries.  The United States greatly appreciates the Emirati government’s support; it is emblematic of our strong and enduring partnership.  We have no higher priority than the safety and security of U.S. citizens overseas, including our diplomats and service members in Afghanistan.  We thank our Emirati partners for their support in this effort.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

Bullshiting yourself pedo-muhammadan folower !.

Just re-read your old posting !.

No goat fuckers in Poland !.

+ learn geography  ;)

You truly are the stupidest mother fucker this board has.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V

They have big money contracts to be there and don't want to breech them.

Nobody goes over there for any other reason than money.

It's like walking out on your job when you are making $125 per hour.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus

This.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Afghans see 'worst day by far' outside Kabul airport
SKY News ^ | August 21, 2021
Posted on 8/21/2021, 7:55:21 AM by Oldeconomybuyer

Thousands have gathered outside the international hub as global leaders scramble to evacuate diplomats and nationals following the Taliban takeover.

Footage has captured tense scenes as the military desperately tried to control the chaos, with shocking images showing infants being passed over razor wire to American soldiers on barricades.

Speaking from the ground in Kabul, chief correspondent Stuart Ramsay said today is the "worst day so far" as people queuing in their thousands are crushed at the front of growing crowds.

He said he believes people have died this morning, adding: "I've seen a lot of people getting medical attention."

Describing the scenes as "utterly horrendous", Ramsay said the military has been forced to fire blast explosions in a bid to get people to take a step back and alleviate pressure on the front.

He added: "It is very very tense, they're doing everything they can to keep some order and to rescue people who may be dying."

The journalist added that "hardened soldiers" had told him its the "worst thing they have ever seen in their entire career."

(Excerpt) Read more at news.sky.com ...

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
It's going to be fine because Sleepy says so.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
You are a moron.  I'm a descendant of Polish Tartars.

Tatars/Tartars, anyway.

I have a book recommendation for you. Poland by James Michener. Long and a bit boring at times but a very good history lesson and it starts with the Tatar invasion of the steppes and the formation of modern Poland.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

I guess you missed the part where there was no clear strategy as to when that was happening?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

OzmO

• Getbig V

I guess you missed the part where there was no clear strategy as to when that was happening?

Under the February 29 agreement, signed in Doha, Qatar, the United States has committed to a phased, conditions-based withdrawal of all U.S. and NATO troops from Afghanistan within 14 months of signing the accord.     

https://law.stanford.edu/2020/12/07/the-u-s-taliban-agreement-and-the-afghan-peace-process/

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
You truly are the stupidest mother fucker this board has.

You are 1 lying pedo muhammadan Afghan !.

Just re-read your own posts !.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
American mom trapped by Taliban describes horrific violence, pleads for Biden to solve evacuation crisis
Fox News ^ | 8/21/2021 | Michael Ruiz , Sara Ballou
Posted on 8/22/2021, 6:06:39 AM by LibWhacker

An American mom trapped in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan is worried she'll never see her kids again and in hiding with family members and Afghan allies – unable to reach Kabul's U.S.-held airport for a chance at an evacuation, she said Saturday.

"I really have given up hope, given up on the hope of going to the airport," the woman, whose identity is being withheld due to concerns for her safety, told Fox News. "It’s just not possible to make it through all those people."

She said there are as many as 20 Taliban checkpoints between her and the airport – and she’s one of an uncertain number of American citizens trapped behind enemy lines.

Every moment that a car passes by, I feel like they are going to pull in and execute us. I don't know if I'm going to see my children again.

She was whipped by Taliban fighters on one attempt to get through, she said. A man standing near her was shot in the head on another try, leaving his wife and baby in tears. Since then, she's been in hiding.

TALIBAN GOING ‘HOUSE TO HOUSE’ IN AFGHANISTAN ‘HANGING’ PEOPLE WHO WORKED WITH US

"We are devastated," she said. "We're scared for our lives. Every moment that a car passes by, I feel like they are going to pull in and execute us. I don't know if I'm going to see my children again."

She said the situation was dire – even hopeless. She would rather commit suicide than allow the Taliban to capture her. And despite Taliban assurances to the U.S. that Americans would be allowed to pass through the checkpoints surrounding the airport, she said she fears showing her U.S. passport to militants who could be members of other terror groups, including ISIS and al Qaeda.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

They were milking the Afghanistan scam for all it was worth and for some reason we’re supposed to feel sorry for them.