Author Topic: 78 years old Ed Corney at the 2011 Olympia Weekend  (Read 20693 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 78 years old Ed Corney at the 2011 Olympia Weekend
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 07:33:36 AM »
I don't think he was making a joke, actually.

I wasn't making fun of his 315-pound squats. What I was doing is stating the man in Pumping Iron was squatting a moderate weight 35 years ago ... and now he's claiming some otherworldly poundage on an isolation exercise. Ridiculous.

I have done 315x10x10, drug-free. I can hit 10 reps with 500 pounds. Drug-free. Oh, and my technique is quite close to pure Olympic style. Ass to ankle. And don't suggest I am bullshitting. I compete as a raw powerlifter in the USAPL and its affiliates. Have a meet in one month. 

However, as I say, I am not trashing on anyone who can hit several solid reps with three plates. Not at all.

Point taken. Those are some incredible poundages if you can squat olympic style 500lbs for reps. You certainly wouldn't get anything but praise from me if you can do that.

I don't think Corney ever competed above 175lbs and he's bodybuilding not powerlifting.

You know as well as I that in every gym there are delusional jerks that are cheating every exercise bragging about the weight they use.  Go into any almost any gym and watch how guys squat at the rack.  Little shallow knee bends then they actually think they are doing squats with X amount of weight. It also goes for leg pressess, incline db presses, shoulder presses and a host of other exercises you can pile on the iron as long as you short stroke the movement.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 08:01:18 AM »
LMAO!  NO shit!  This guy suffered a fucking stroke and is confined to a fucking wheel chair with slurred speech and he still can't tell the truth.  Give it a fucking rest.  If it wasn't for the steroids and his late start in bodybuilding and the "lifestyle" the guy would probably be walking and talking right now.  Pathetic if you ask me.  The industry is filled with liars.  I mean my god think about it..........after all these years the guy still can't see modern bodybuilding for what it is.  Talk about lying to yourself or living a lie.  Geez!  Feel sorry for human beings like him.  I guess being living off the fumes of his few years of bodybuildng stardom is the only thing this guy has to identify with. 

And the fucking Charlatan Skip mr. natural Lacour!!!!!!!!! Haha!  The epitome of what bodybuilding is all about. 
agreed, i think he's just delusional probably performing these super workouts in his dreams.
F

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 08:08:27 AM »
You know as well as I that in every gym there are delusional jerks that are cheating every exercise bragging about the weight they use.  Go into any almost any gym and watch how guys squat at the rack.  Little shallow knee bends then they actually think they are doing squats with X amount of weight. It also goes for leg pressess, incline db presses, shoulder presses and a host of other exercises you can pile on the iron as long as you short stroke the movement.

Oh, don't I know. It's lame. There are members like you describe at every damn gym.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 09:55:01 AM »
I'll never forget this scene....when I was a kid and the first time I saw it I got chills.....no homo

BODYBUILDINGBRAZIL

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »
 :)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »
Still rocking a mean mustache.
Yeah buddy...mustaches rule !!!!

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
If we are fact checking his triceps kickbacks, then let's fact check other statements:

He is 77, not 78.

His first pro contest was not the Mr. O in South Africa in November 1975, but the Pro Mr. U in July that year. And he was 41, not 44 when he turned pro.

Skip skipped studying for that interview apparently.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 10:34:58 PM »
"Triceps kickbacks, 150s."  ::)

This dude would be lucky to pick up a 15-pounder from the rack.

No hate on the guy, but COME ON, Ed!
Ed Corney is a true legend of the iron game......you are a shit talking ex magazine writer.......enough said!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 11:28:27 PM »
  Good for Ed

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 12:22:42 AM »
I don't think he was making a joke, actually.

I wasn't making fun of his 315-pound squats. What I was doing is stating the man in Pumping Iron was squatting a moderate weight 35 years ago ... and now he's claiming some otherworldly poundage on an isolation exercise. Ridiculous.

I have done 315x10x10, drug-free. I can hit 10 reps with 500 pounds. Drug-free. Oh, and my technique is quite close to pure Olympic style. Ass to ankle. And don't suggest I am bullshitting. I compete as a raw powerlifter in the USAPL and its affiliates. Have a meet in one month. 

However, as I say, I am not trashing on anyone who can hit several solid reps with three plates. Not at all.

So...how fat are you?
all drugs - TPPIIP

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2013, 05:16:23 AM »
"Triceps kickbacks, 150s."  ::)

This dude would be lucky to pick up a 15-pounder from the rack.

No hate on the guy, but COME ON, Ed!

He is fairly out of it.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 06:58:03 AM »
I believe him

Marine

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 07:21:18 AM »
skip la cour wanted to suck his dick

i know it