Author Topic: From volume to HIT  (Read 37188 times)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Re: From volume to HIT
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 06:33:50 PM »
Fabrication Of Peace
::)
I didn't ask u what johnnie fucking Jackson does pussy go do cross fit

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 06:44:55 PM »
Aside from this guy Wes  who works out a curves mayb? and thinks my mediocre lifts are so profound and never seen before like he saw a fucking Sasquatch pussy mother fucker in here  today I hit cardio and biceps

straight bar 2 warm ups one to failure plus 2 think I'll leave the goddamn weight used before dick head tells me what jay cutler uses in my log that I don't give a fuck about anything but my progress in here.

Seated dbell curl one warm up one to failure plus 2

Light ab work

then had sushi

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 04:12:03 PM »
Someone`s having a meltdown.  LOL  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »
  ;)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 05:31:40 PM »
U r tiny for doing this decades sorry mr beef jerky. good conditioning n picture right before a show. Not having a meltdown  u called me liar because of something u can not do sorry for u child molester mustache dude. I fucking over head pressed 245 for 9 today now call me a liar again lol that is not an un believable lift for a 220 lb male it's almost my fucking body weight? If u don't belive that then u r just fucking with me if so lol good joke your still a bitch. U look good but I like to look  I train even if I wear a thick leather jacket in the winter. now take your old ass back to your thread please fucking annoying bitch u r

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »
overhead pressing more than bodyweight for reps is cock fucking strong dude

what's your dead and squat like?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2015, 02:58:09 AM »
Attempting 6 plates each side of bar with no belt or straps the next deadlift session. Currently I pull 5 plates with a belt on for 5 I've just been stopping at 5 reps mayb could get one or 2 more I've been training with my friend lately who is a powerlifter but enjoys to train alot as well he is very knowledgable about the big 3 lifts and he has qualified for the GpA worlds powerlifting meet in October im helping him stay below 245 lbs he had zero diet knowledge basically, so we hellp each other out. Squat is good I havnt put over 4 plates in the bar in a while but I can get that for 8 on a good day and I squat low as fuck no fake shit

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2015, 04:39:12 PM »
I can curl my bodyweight for 5 reps
do flyes with the 70`s for 5
Curl the 70`s for 5

etc. etc.  All in textbook form.

On the serious side if you inclined those bells in full range of motion,I apologize.

I`m not really a troublemaker.

Sorry bud!!  ;)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2015, 07:32:19 AM »
I couldn't curl my body weight one rep and do incline flies with 90s for 10 when fresh full ROM this wasn't meant to b a pissing contest.
Apology accepted. But u came off as a jealous asshole on a quest for dominance or some shit havnt decided to continue this log here or not there's another thread with a guy using the pussy attachments on the barbell to squat and I got u in here doing this shit

Back on topic m responding great to this training style i can already tell it was a wise choice I feel way better and honestly belive I was severly over trained for period of time and became used to it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2015, 09:45:23 AM »
how many failure sets do you do per bodypart?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2015, 09:50:34 AM »
As of now it's one per excersize with warm up sets basically following the blood and guts routine from YouTube with some variances I use a variety of excersizes or change the split but still use this as the base and not get to far from it to stay structured and moving towards the goal

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2015, 09:56:58 AM »
that's cool

i've tried both, one set with 3 or 4 exercises or a few failure sets (3-4) with the same exercise and i always got better results doing a few sets with just one exercise

imho some exercises are better than others and the best per bodypart for me are

bi=barbell curl
chest=barbell bench
delt=smith military
legs=smith sqaut
back=barbell row

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2015, 10:09:58 AM »
Mr. P

Are you training or spoken personally (don't mean on the internet) with someone who has had experience with HIT or following the YT video only?

Do you have a general training partner(s) helping you with the reps? Good spotters can be worth their weight in gold when approaching this type of training. Your weights are very impressive.

Just to note: Wes is a cool guy...sometimes kidding around on GB doesn't transfer very well and can be taken the wrong way. I found that out when first coming on GB. So tend to be more serious, but really not my nature at all. Some guy's really take this stuff way too seriously anyway.

Good Luck.
F

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2015, 11:01:36 AM »
i think going to failure is enough, going past is overkill imho

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2015, 03:57:17 PM »
i think going to failure is enough, going past is overkill imho
Do u mean positive failure? I like to exhaust some of the negative strength as well it's not the same as a negative with 365 lbs in a bench when some one can only max at 350. the negative is performed with the weight that is failed with at 8 or more reps so not less injury chance hopefully. Also the negative portion of a lift is said to b the most important part so exhausting that area some seems to b What I'm doing with these types of routines

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2015, 04:03:38 PM »
Mr. P

Are you training or spoken personally (don't mean on the internet) with someone who has had experience with HIT or following the YT video only?

Do you have a general training partner(s) helping you with the reps? Good spotters can be worth their weight in gold when approaching this type of training. Your weights are very impressive.

Just to note: Wes is a cool guy...sometimes kidding around on GB doesn't transfer very well and can be taken the wrong way. I found that out when first coming on GB. So tend to be more serious, but really not my nature at all. Some guy's really take this stuff way too seriously anyway.

Good Luck.
I have a pretty regular training partner I also lift with my sister when I can believe it or not she's hardcore she squat 275 a few months ago and worked at hooters lol and there are several pretty decent lifters at my gym that are glad to spot me like I need them to but u can't beat the familiarity u have with a regular training partner they scream at u because they what u r capable of and push u further also u have to work harder if your 125 lbs sister is calling u a pussy lol that's only when i train with her. My regular training partner also powerlifts he has over 550lb bench press and 765 deadlift and like 730 on squat he is competing in the GPA worlds in October needles to say the guy is intense to train with he's only 26 monster. Will start back to log sessions in here now there r people interested in it..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2015, 04:49:04 PM »
Do u mean positive failure? I like to exhaust some of the negative strength as well it's not the same as a negative with 365 lbs in a bench when some one can only max at 350. the negative is performed with the weight that is failed with at 8 or more reps so not less injury chance hopefully. Also the negative portion of a lift is said to b the most important part so exhausting that area some seems to b What I'm doing with these types of routines

yeah man, i'm talking about taking the set to positive failure and not pushing past that

forced reps and negatives are too taxing in my opinion, and i'm even on the gear  ;D but who knows? maybe i'm just a pussy lol

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2015, 04:51:09 PM »
yeah man, i'm talking about taking the set to positive failure and not pushing past that

forced reps and negatives are too taxing in my opinion, and i'm even on the gear  ;D but who knows? maybe i'm just a pussy lol

going past failure needs to be strategically done. Thing for sure, the week after, you need to adjust accordingly, at least for me. I prefer to do that when I know the next week is either a light week, or 5 days off or something.

Gear does not enhance recovery from the nervous system, so it's normal what you say here.
?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2015, 01:09:20 AM »
I couldn't curl my body weight one rep and do incline flies with 90s for 10 when fresh full ROM this wasn't meant to b a pissing contest.
Apology accepted. But u came off as a jealous asshole on a quest for dominance or some shit havnt decided to continue this log here or not there's another thread with a guy using the pussy attachments on the barbell to squat and I got u in here doing this shit

Back on topic m responding great to this training style i can already tell it was a wise choice I feel way better and honestly belive I was severly over trained for period of time and became used to it.
I won`t bother you again only to offer encouragement.........no thing else.

Again,I was being an asshole and I apologize.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2015, 04:28:42 AM »

Saturday 30mins walking treadmill then some stretching

Leg extensions half stack 8 -3/4 stack 10 then whole stack to failure plus 2 assisted fighting the negative

Legpress 5plates 10 rep 7plate 10 rep 9 plates a side got 10 then 2 assisted fighting negative

Hack squat 4plate 10 , 5plate 10, 6plates for 12 then 2 assisted fighting negatives

Leg curl 1set 25s 10 rep, 2set 50lbs 10 3set 75lbs for 8 plus 2 fight the negative
Stiff leg dead lift 225x12 then 405 to failure no negatives strict form I just droped the bar when I failed not sure reps little over 8
 Seated calve raise one set to failure rest 10 seconds fail again and again
Legpress calve press one set to failure with 4 assisted negatives
The end

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2015, 04:30:38 AM »
Sunday 10 mins treadmill 10 mins stair machine legs were sore sore sore
Chest bicep

Incline barbell 135x12 225x10 last set to failure 275x13plus 1 rep
So the chest feels better but being careful and doing slow reps so far so good still taking the reps higher to b safer

Ped tendon felt sore after inclune so just did all other chest really extra slow to avoid sharp pains and the lifts went successful with no further injury or aggravation just have to b careful

Flat dbell press c 100sx10 another with 100s failed at 12.5 lol no spotter this time the guy was on treadmill so I didn't bother him gym was
Almost empty

Hammer strength press machine 3 plates 10 fail set 4 plates 9or 10 forgot
Cable crossover half stack both sets fail set failed around 14

Barbell curl with arm blaster . Bar one set 12 then 25s on it one set at 12 with 2 cheats up and fight the negatives

Dbell scot curls 40s for 9 a side really really tough to get these

Bicep curl plate loaded machine 1set of 8 each side had to use non working hand to assist get the last rep up
3xsets 15 captains chair abs no training partner so wasn't able to achieve a lot of negatives which is fine not to do all the time for me

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »
any updates on the training brother?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2015, 02:39:56 AM »
Training is going excellent can't keep training partners steady so I have been going to failure or rights at it on the excersizes that r safe walking barbell lunges I got to where my legs were wobly and breathing was a problem had to drop bar off back keeping for example but leg press I trained to failure calve raises and extensions and so on u get the idea. I'm getting great results leaning up and not doing much cardio Mayb 20minutes 4x week now calories right at 3500 370-390 grams of protein a day is what it's been coming out too lately.
Started my Own personal training side business and got my master key to pretty nice gym well
Equipped to train clients or hang out and try to get new ones, being nice to people and trying to get some people in shape!! First client starts Monday pretty cool to me so I have been busy I'm thinking after another week mayb mix up the Split some
Chest training is good to ok left peck I can still feel its not 100% but not Injured hard to explain
I put 225 on incline barbell press and so slow negative reps and explosive up very controlled and it feels fine but if I got lose with it I believe it would cause a problem again. But my strength is up on chest If I wasn't worried about injury I could probly incline 315 close to 8 reps definitely 6 but who knows what my chest could take im not going to push it so using lighter weights slower and more controlled and failing at higher reps for chest. My chest has always been a good point for me it doesn't matter what I do it improves or gets stronger.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »
Last post in here not enough time To mess with it
Hit works for me will continue end of log

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2016, 12:27:45 PM »
Progress pic, despite a slight shoulder injury said I wasn't gonna post again but I'm bored AF at work