Author Topic: Disney Film Featuring Gay Main Character Bombs at Box Office  (Read 1869 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Disney Film Featuring Gay Main Character Bombs at Box Office
« on: November 28, 2022, 11:26:31 AM »

Disney suffered one of its worst theatrical releases ever with its latest animated movie Strange World, which brought in just $18.6 million over the five-day holiday weekend despite being heralded as the first Disney movie to include an openly gay main character.

Strange World had Disney’s second-worst opening weekend ever, behind only the pandemic-era release of West Side Story directed by Steven Spielberg, Variety reported Sunday. Ultimately, Strange World only garnered about half of its projected long weekend revenue.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/disney-film-featuring-gay-main-180559042.html

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Re: Disney Film Featuring Gay Main Character Bombs at Box Office
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 11:36:24 AM »
Ha! Fuck Disney. Absolutely assnine business model.  Let's see the only people paying to see a Disney movie are adult couples with children that are 6 or 7 years old and younger. Gee why did our movies start failing once we made every message in our films be about female empowerment and homosexuality?

Just watched the Guardians of tge Galaxy Holiday Special.  Same director and actors from the GOTG movies. It was pretty good. Quite a few funny gags and some adult humor. Anyway a pretty big scene in the movie has 2 of the main characters hanging out all night and getting shitfaced at a gay bar. Guys hitting on Dave Bautistas character Drax numerous times.

This was supposed to be a holiday Special for children.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 12:42:22 PM »
Ha! Fuck Disney. Absolutely assnine business model.  Let's see the only people paying to see a Disney movie are adult couples with children that are 6 or 7 years old and younger. Gee why did our movies start failing once we made every message in our films be about female empowerment and homosexuality?

Just watched the Guardians of tge Galaxy Holiday Special.  Same director and actors from the GOTG movies. It was pretty good. Quite a few funny gags and some adult humor. Anyway a pretty big scene in the movie has 2 of the main characters hanging out all night and getting shitfaced at a gay bar. Guys hitting on Dave Bautistas character Drax numerous times.

This was supposed to be a holiday Special for children.

Having a gay main character had nothing to do with the movie flopping...I mean, you have Brokeback Mountain where two unwashed cowboys are fucking in a tent and it was wildly successful and Lightyear from Disney had two taco lickers.  It was just an uninspired movie....it had lackluster reviews and what really killed it was that practically no marketing behind it....I hardily saw any advertising for the movie that Disney usually does....company is in a sad state of affairs obviously     
A

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 12:47:02 PM »

Having a gay main character had nothing to do with the movie flopping...I mean, you have Brokeback Mountain where two unwashed cowboys are fucking in a tent and it was wildly successful.  It was just an uninspired movie....it had lackluster reviews and what really killed it was that practically no marketing behind it....I hardily saw any advertising for the movie that Disney usually does....company is in a sad state of affairs obviously     

Vince, how would you see the commercials if you don't have cable?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 12:49:01 PM »
Guess they should have called it "Queer World" to send the bat signal to the target audience.

Nobody is taking their kids to see that shit.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 12:49:57 PM »

Having a gay main character had nothing to do with the movie flopping...I mean, you have Brokeback Mountain where two unwashed cowboys are fucking in a tent and it was wildly successful.  It was just an uninspired movie....it had lackluster reviews and what really killed it was that practically no marketing behind it....I hardily saw any advertising for the movie that Disney usually does....company is in a sad state of affairs obviously     

Broke back mountain wasn't made for children. Unlike Disney films. Broke Back mountain was a novel movie at the time and had 2 great actors in it. That movie was taken seriously by film buff's and was a highly regarded film.

Disney IS now and has been sexuaiising children for years, its only getting more brazen, its creepy as fuck and people are getting sick of it.

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 12:50:52 PM »

every thing you ever say, is the opposite of the truth , are you just trolling, or are you a retard?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 01:24:12 PM »
Broke back mountain wasn't made for children. Unlike Disney films. Broke Back mountain was a novel movie at the time and had 2 great actors in it. That movie was taken seriously by film buff's and was a highly regarded film.

Disney IS now and has been sexuaiising children for years, its only getting more brazen, its creepy as fuck and people are getting sick of it.

Jake Gyllenhaal was in the movie as well as Dennis Quaid so it had the right actors and the gay kid wasn't taking it up the ass or pounding one in the movie although the boy was playing around with what I consider a talking cumshot which should have been remade into something less watery.  Even if they took out the gay part, this movie would have still been in the shits...its just a poorly made movie with no marketing....there's plenty of liberals in the country to go out and watch it and they didn't and neither did most of the gays.      Disney has been spending more time marketing the Disney Plus streaming service than  marketing box office movies lately.   Either way, I'm sure the new CEO will whip the place in shape
A

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 01:49:40 PM »
The only logical solution is to have more tranny book readings at the library until gay Disney cartoons start performing better at the box office.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 01:56:04 PM »
every thing you ever say, is the opposite of the truth , are you just trolling, or are you a retard?

LOL  :D :D

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2022, 01:57:03 PM »
Ghey shit at the box office is flopping like a flaccid kielbasa.

No one wants to watch movies about that gobshite...

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2022, 02:54:29 PM »

Having a gay main character had nothing to do with the movie flopping...I mean, you have Brokeback Mountain where two unwashed cowboys are fucking in a tent and it was wildly successful and Lightyear from Disney had two taco lickers.  It was just an uninspired movie....it had lackluster reviews and what really killed it was that practically no marketing behind it....I hardily saw any advertising for the movie that Disney usually does....company is in a sad state of affairs obviously     

Light year did not do good at the box office, I remember they were saying how disappointed in the opening of the movie

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2022, 02:57:05 PM »
"Everything woke turns to shit."

By Donald Trump

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2022, 02:58:46 PM »

Disney suffered one of its worst theatrical releases ever with its latest animated movie Strange World, which brought in just $18.6 million over the five-day holiday weekend despite being heralded as the first Disney movie to include an openly gay main character.

Strange World had Disney’s second-worst opening weekend ever, behind only the pandemic-era release of West Side Story directed by Steven Spielberg, Variety reported Sunday. Ultimately, Strange World only garnered about half of its projected long weekend revenue.

Good - Great News.

Let them carry on with the Queer crap & hopefully they'll soon be out of Business. 

Let’sGoBrandon

• Getbig II
  • I think I shit myself?
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2022, 03:02:46 PM »

Totally wrong.

It’s time to stuff the homos back into the closet.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2022, 03:08:57 PM »
Totally wrong.

LOL

Welcome.. Another epic poster ^^

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2022, 03:10:22 PM »
Totally wrong.

100%
Take the loud haler off them -
Overly noisy bunch of Arse lickers & Fuckers - 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Let’sGoBrandon

• Getbig II
  • I think I shit myself?
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2022, 03:11:05 PM »
LOL

Welcome.. Another epic poster ^^

Putting another man’s penis in your bum is not a redeeming quality.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2022, 04:03:05 PM »
Not sure if it's true but I heard somewhere they lost 200 million on this movie
irongearco.com

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2022, 04:27:21 PM »
Not sure if it's true but I heard somewhere they lost 200 million on this movie

200 million what? Followers on Twitter?

That’s only because of the algorithms Musk has put in place since he took over. It doesn’t really mean much because Twitter is dead. Most of those “followers” were bots. Disney doesn’t care because they have all the user mailing and email addresses. Those are priceless.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2022, 06:26:12 PM »

Far from the main character, he’s like the 5th most featured in the movie
. It was just a shitty movie

Let’sGoBrandon

• Getbig II
  • I think I shit myself?
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2022, 06:32:15 PM »
Far from the main character, he’s like the 5th most featured in the movie
. It was just a shitty movie

But was he really gay?

Or was he more like the kind of guy who fingers his own butthole a little while he’s wiping his ass?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2022, 07:51:21 PM »
Totally wrong.

If I have to go, then I'll take you along with me....I'll fix you a nice big sausage
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2022, 07:53:19 PM »
200 million what? Followers on Twitter?

That’s only because of the algorithms Musk has put in place since he took over. It doesn’t really mean much because Twitter is dead. Most of those “followers” were bots. Disney doesn’t care because they have all the user mailing and email addresses. Those are priceless.

Disney streaming alone brings in over 5 billion in revenue.  I think they'll end up around 50 million in the red
A

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2022, 07:55:50 PM »
Disney streaming alone brings in over 5 billion in revenue.  I think they'll end up around 50 million in the red

Putting another man’s penis in your bum is not a redeeming quality.

Brandon is Correct.