Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Rest times between sets

<< < (10/13) > >>

Primemuscle:
What is the ideal rest time between sets probably varies from person to person. Someone once advised me that the rest time is over as soon as your breathing returns to normal and your muscles begin to relax. Applying this principal, I rest anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. The longer rest time is mainly when doing either heavy leg presses and squats or doing these lighter with really high reps....like 25. My breathing is somewhat compromised, if I don't rest at least two minutes when doing these, I start getting a little light headed.

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: tallandfat on July 07, 2010, 03:51:07 PM ---anyoen die from trying to cut rest to 0?

--- End quote ---

Yes and now I speak to you from the grave.  ;D

No of course you won't die. What you might do however is compromise the quality of your workout.

wild willie:

--- Quote from: tallgerman on December 02, 2010, 12:02:07 PM ---

--- End quote ---
M    Y     L     O    R    D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigboithetank:

--- Quote from: lovemonkey on September 20, 2009, 03:26:00 PM ---Hahaha seems like this "guru" has had way too much rest in his miserable existence, why not try actually working out?

--- End quote ---

Don't worry man, he's just bulking. ;)

panos32:
strong first post here...

oh yeah let me laugh a little more....if you are natural follow the super triple drop set and rest for 1 minute on the clock between sets it's gonna produce so much test and gh you are literally gonna mutate...

this type of propaganda bullshit is what utterly disgusts me in this very industry because its what causing delusional and unrealistic goals on teens and natural trainees, average joes etc and how gym folklore and rumors got started

fuck you all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version