Author Topic: New James Bond Aston  (Read 43988 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
New James Bond Aston
« on: December 16, 2014, 04:00:19 AM »
I don't usually use such words in my vocabulary, but this car is SICK  :D

Makes you proud to be British (albeit owned by a Kuwaiti Investment house)

S

denarii

• Getbig V
Re: New James Bond Aston
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 06:45:08 AM »
In a few years the lacquer veneers will be peeling off, leather scuffed and it will feel like a VW on the inside

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »
In a few years the lacquer veneers will be peeling off, leather scuffed and it will feel like a VW on the inside

How's your ML Merc holding up?
S

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 05:06:09 AM »
How's your ML Merc holding up?

Fine dead battery in dec frost though, prob the original and supposedly you should replace every four years. Weighing up whether to go green laneing in Worcestershire while at my parents.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 11:21:33 AM »

a short video on way to the gym yesterday
 Took the full beam off for the transit though.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 10:14:52 AM »
What's the verdict on this vehicle then Denari? Seems pretty nice from that clip.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 12:24:52 PM »
What's the verdict on this vehicle then Denari? Seems pretty nice from that clip.

Well my last car was a 330I so this is like a boat in comparison to that. its ok really. i could have bought a new Asian 4x4 for the same money but prefer higher spec cars and you cant tell if they are a few years old inside anyway. If I lived on a farm I would probably get a pick up though for the open rear load bay. There is only really this or a Q7 if you want a half decent 7 seat 4x4 with boot space. Im sure the Q7s are nice too. There are probably 2-3x as many Q7s in my gym carpark than GLs and even more Range Rovers.

For me the 4lt is OK, but I would prefer a 5.5 or 6lt diesel. But I believe the AMG is 5.5lt petrol... Who the f*** wants a petrol engine in a car this big... Round trip to Birmingham is av about 30mpg, so about £55 fuel cost or maybe a bit less for 250miles.

Sat NAV is absolute shite, You have to take the sat nav dvd out for the CD player which is bad if you have kids. The AUX in is in glove box, I dont know if I can stream with bluetooth or not yet. The parktronic system is useless at the rear it goes from no buzz to full buzz in one step at about 6 inches clearance. The rear visibility is poor in such a poor car.

Seats comfortable, ride is decent, heater strong in winter. AC is pretty good if I eventually ship it out to Sri Lanka where my wife is from.

At the end of the day its better than many 4x4s, and I wanted a larger one for reasons mentioned before. Im sure its pretty safe in a crash too. I have had an 18ft boat in the past (Raider 18) and Im sure it would be good to tow that size of boat as well.

ES Fitness can comment on the latest model though. I do think a 5.5 or 6lt AMG diesel should be offered. That would be an awesome car. Although Im not that comfortable doing over 100mph in it, and I got the 330i to 145mph once.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
Well my last car was a 330I so this is like a boat in comparison to that. its ok really. i could have bought a new Asian 4x4 for the same money but prefer higher spec cars and you cant tell if they are a few years old inside anyway. If I lived on a farm I would probably get a pick up though for the open rear load bay. There is only really this or a Q7 if you want a half decent 7 seat 4x4 with boot space. Im sure the Q7s are nice too. There are probably 2-3x as many Q7s in my gym carpark than GLs and even more Range Rovers.

For me the 4lt is OK, but I would prefer a 5.5 or 6lt diesel. But I believe the AMG is 5.5lt petrol... Who the f*** wants a petrol engine in a car this big... Round trip to Birmingham is av about 30mpg, so about £55 fuel cost or maybe a bit less for 250miles.

Sat NAV is absolute shite, You have to take the sat nav dvd out for the CD player which is bad if you have kids. The AUX in is in glove box, I dont know if I can stream with bluetooth or not yet. The parktronic system is useless at the rear it goes from no buzz to full buzz in one step at about 6 inches clearance. The rear visibility is poor in such a poor car.

Seats comfortable, ride is decent, heater strong in winter. AC is pretty good if I eventually ship it out to Sri Lanka where my wife is from.

At the end of the day its better than many 4x4s, and I wanted a larger one for reasons mentioned before. Im sure its pretty safe in a crash too. I have had an 18ft boat in the past (Raider 18) and Im sure it would be good to tow that size of boat as well.

ES Fitness can comment on the latest model though. I do think a 5.5 or 6lt AMG diesel should be offered. That would be an awesome car. Although Im not that comfortable doing over 100mph in it, and I got the 330i to 145mph once.

Interesting, I appreciate the review. So what do you believe is the best 4x4 out there right now? Price to one side what would you say ticks the most boxes? I have always had a burning ambition to own a new range rover or perhaps not brand new but less than 20,000 on the clock. Talking aout 30k is the price tag for roughly what I'll want but I don't have that much money just yet in my life. I will get it though. What are your thoughts on them my friend? You like RR's?

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 04:42:18 PM »
Interesting, I appreciate the review. So what do you believe is the best 4x4 out there right now? Price to one side what would you say ticks the most boxes? I have always had a burning ambition to own a new range rover or perhaps not brand new but less than 20,000 on the clock. Talking aout 30k is the price tag for roughly what I'll want but I don't have that much money just yet in my life. I will get it though. What are your thoughts on them my friend? You like RR's?

Just buy the car you like the design of, at the end of the day unless you are driving around Montana then the offroad capabilities wont matter. Best offroaders are Land Cruiser and Hilux with 4 way limited slip diff in case of the LC. I have a friend with the Range Rover. He said with kids in the second row and 4 dogs he needs to buy a roof rack...