Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Frank Calta training info

<< < (3/6) > >>

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: pkaz on December 30, 2020, 10:02:46 PM ---I met Frank years ago in Florida. He had his rotation for recuperation thing going, which i tried and liked. When i was young and had plenty of energy. Mon was upper body, Tues was off, Wed was arms and legs, Thurs was off and Fri was Mondays program. Sat and Sun off except for cardio and some light sets for week body parts.

And do not believe any magazine articles bs. It was 3 to 4 exercises a body part, 4 to 5 sets an exercise and 6 to 10 rep sets. With plenty of rest between sets. Frank pushed heavy weights..

--- End quote ---
Who writes these articles? ???  To be fair, bodybuilders change their routines throughout their lives.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on December 28, 2020, 08:45:25 AM ---Not exactly but pretty close.  It is sad what became of the Mentzer brothers.  They died at the age I am at right now but looked like 90 year old men the way they moved.  If they would have dumped that training philosophy and did Pilates or something like that they would have been better off.

--- End quote ---

Smoking and drugs.

Mentzer was a meth head.

Rmj11:

--- Quote from: pkaz on December 30, 2020, 10:02:46 PM ---I met Frank years ago in Florida. He had his rotation for recuperation thing going, which i tried and liked. When i was young and had plenty of energy. Mon was upper body, Tues was off, Wed was arms and legs, Thurs was off and Fri was Mondays program. Sat and Sun off except for cardio and some light sets for week body parts.

And do not believe any magazine articles bs. It was 3 to 4 exercises a body part, 4 to 5 sets an exercise and 6 to 10 rep sets. With plenty of rest between sets. Frank pushed heavy weights..

--- End quote ---

Did he use straight sets or did he pyramid up the weight each set? Thanks.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Rmj11 on December 31, 2020, 08:09:43 AM ---Did he use straight sets or did he pyramid up the weight each set? Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Yes.

pkaz:

--- Quote from: Rmj11 on December 31, 2020, 08:09:43 AM ---Did he use straight sets or did he pyramid up the weight each set? Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Start light on the first set of the first exercise and work up in weight. After that. He would push the weights for 6 to 8 reps. Push and push harder...   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version